SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

4 hours ago, asdj1239 said:

Why was ABMM removed from this list? Was there a problem with it or was it replaced by a mod that handled that system better?

The original mod author left. The mod itself is being maintained by Pfiffy now and it looks like the URL you can find it at stayed the same (which is nice):

On 10/10/2020 at 1:03 PM, Anunya said:

I am equally annoyed by them, but have a functioning workaround. Here's what I do:

1. After enabling and registering my regular animation packs I go to the Sex Lab MCM

2. In the MCM, I go to animation toggles.

3. I go to "filter by tag" and select the AP key word.

4. After the list populates (it usually takes a few seconds), I manually unclick all the boxes for the AP animations.

5. I back out of the MCM.

No more low quality original animations in the game, at least for me. And it's faster than waiting for someone to port a mod.

If they re-enable themselves after doing that you've got something else going on somewhere I think, because it works for me.

One more thing you should do at this point.....Export your SexLab settings.  Save your game.    NOW when you start a new game you can import you settings and all animations that you disabled will still be disabled. 

4 hours ago, JimKhan said:

I see both NMM and Vortex are listed green on the first page so they both work well enough? I was wondering about switching to Vortex since I built a new pc with Win10 so all my mods will have to be reinstalled.

Um...why? Your MO2 installation and configuration info will transfer directly across to the new box.

3 minutes ago, ChaosTheorist said:

Um...why? Your MO2 installation and configuration info will transfer directly across to the new box.

I dunno, maybe I made a mistake or something. I put the same hard disk as before and even though the mods are here, Skyrim SE has been unable to recognise them so I figured I'd go for a clean installation to be sure.

1 hour ago, JimKhan said:

I dunno, maybe I made a mistake or something. I put the same hard disk as before and even though the mods are here, Skyrim SE has been unable to recognise them so I figured I'd go for a clean installation to be sure.

Did you install MO2 on the new box? MO2 puts/requires/whatever some stuff in %APPDATA%\Local, so I think you'll need to install MO2 on the new box, and then clone over the pieces from the previous setup (and modify them if the paths have changed) for MO2 to be able to locate the pieces.

1 hour ago, JimKhan said:

Just install a newer MO2 overtop your existing Mo2 directory

49 minutes ago, Vortec said:

Just install a newer MO2 overtop your existing Mo2 directory

Well sure, even though my original querry was wether to keep NMM or switch to Vortex. I suppose I'll stick with NMM since I know it well enough. Right after I figure out why Fallout New Vegas can't run.

13 hours ago, JimKhan said:

Well sure, even though my original querry was wether to keep NMM or switch to Vortex. I suppose I'll stick with NMM since I know it well enough. Right after I figure out why Fallout New Vegas can't run.

NMM has issues with installing .rar files. If the problem persists, try repacking the mod into a .7z file. I found that fixes practically all 'failed to install' issues except ones involving a poorly written FOMOD.

On 11/8/2020 at 12:24 AM, ChaosTheorist said:

Did you install MO2 on the new box? MO2 puts/requires/whatever some stuff in %APPDATA%\Local, so I think you'll need to install MO2 on the new box, and then clone over the pieces from the previous setup (and modify them if the paths have changed) for MO2 to be able to locate the pieces.

I managed to get New Vegas running so I went back and checked NMM mods for SSE, turns out the plugins were all unchecked. Game recognises them again so I'm good to go.

17 hours ago, Lucifeller said:

NMM has issues with installing .rar files. If the problem persists, try repacking the mod into a .7z file. I found that fixes practically all 'failed to install' issues except ones involving a poorly written FOMOD.

Sorry but I'm not sure which issue you are referring to. If it's the one about mods not being recognised by Skyrim SE, that was my bad, I hadn't noticed they were all unchecked in the plugins tab, I checked them again and it's all working. If you were referring to the other thing I mentioned about New Vegas not running, I'm not sure what caused it but I followed the Viva New Vegas guide and got it running so, all problems have been fixed for now.