Skyrim VR Modding ?!

17 hours ago, Arron Dominion said:

The only unfortunate thing will be getting used to not using mods initially.

Again - almost all mods that do not require SKSE will work. We can be pretty sure about that the situation will be the same as FO4VR where the mods are also officially "not supported". I expect there will be aa plugin for MO2 and update for Vortex quite quickly so there will not be even a need to install by hand.

18 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Will they at least fix those game-breaking bugs from six years ago?

HA HA HA FUCK NO, they just want more money for nothing, hell i bet they wont even disable the camera wobble that the walking/running animations use (camera wobble + VR = vomiting)

3 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

HA HA HA FUCK NO, they just want more money for nothing, hell i bet they wont even disable the camera wobble that the walking/running animations use (camera wobble + VR = vomiting)

Pretty sure there are no walking/running animations anymore, or any other kind of movement for that matter. From what I've seen of the PS version, you point to wherever you want to go with the controller, press a key, and teleport to that point (IIRC with a small "fade to black" transition?). Probably to prevent motion sickness and that kind of stuff.

4 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Pretty sure there are no walking/running animations anymore, or any other kind of movement for that matter. From what I've seen of the PS version, you point to wherever you want to go with the controller, press a key, and teleport to that point (IIRC with a small "fade to black" transition?). Probably to prevent motion sickness and that kind of stuff.

i found video, and i'm actually getting motion sickness just from watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bw5B4_QoJM

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

That's pretty much what I've come to expect from Bugthesda. Have they ever heard the phrase, "blood from a stone?"

1 hour ago, EvilReFlex said:

Never got any problems with motion sickness, and never understand why so many people get it. :classic_unsure:

It has to do with the way human eyes work. VR tricks the brain into thinking that what is seen is what's really happening because of what the eyes are seeing. If the image quality is poor, it's just like wearing prescription glasses that weren't meant for you. FO4 VR is notorious for poor image quality. Skyrim VR will likely be even worse since the visual processing is still horribly dated. You can't just port something as is from one platform to another like they've been doing and expect things to work out. "Good enough" for consoles is not "good enough" for VR.

52 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That's pretty much what I've come to expect from Bugthesda. Have they ever heard the phrase, "blood from a stone?"

It has to do with the way human eyes work. VR tricks the brain into thinking that what is seen is what's really happening because of what the eyes are seeing. If the image quality is poor, it's just like wearing prescription glasses that weren't meant for you. FO4 VR is notorious for poor image quality. Skyrim VR will likely be even worse since the visual processing is still horribly dated. You can't just port something as is from one platform to another like they've been doing and expect things to work out. "Good enough" for consoles is not "good enough" for VR.

Maybe its because of my powerful pc, I have always high fps and can play all VR games with max settings. (200% quality in Serious Sam VR) 

And I'm not prone to sickness in real live, I can ride the wildest rollecoasters (or other wild things) without getting sick. 

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

It's called motion sickness for a reason, image quality does contribute to it but it's not why you get motion sick. It's because what the brain sees and feels (by the inner ear) are, for a lack of a better term "at dissonance" with eachother. VR looks as if you move, but your inner ear doesn't feel that motion, as a result people get motion sickness at varying degrees. Even perfect image quality won't solve that. People get car sick for the very same reason.

I for one do not get motion sick in VR as long as I look in the direction I'm going, strafing on the other hand? nope...

All the VR image quality is bad by the way, the issue with FO4VR is that it's a too detailed world, with too long view distances to make it work. Indoors the image quality never bothers me, only outdoor it's too obvious. Skyrim VR won't be any different.

2 hours ago, EvilReFlex said:

Never got any problems with motion sickness, and never understand why so many people get it. :classic_unsure:

I made a video how I play Serious Sam VR without any "anti motion sickness" mechanics and I can play like this for hours. 

https://youtu.be/rlb34eh4eMQ

i'm not getting much motion sickness when i look at your video, but i'm getting it big time when i look at the Skyrim VR video.

your terrible at playing that level, if you stick to the edge and out of sight you can stealth kill most of the enemies in that area (or at least you could in the original).

Just pre-ordered it for myself and wife (she has the rift, I have the vive), I did try vorpx and even with tweaking F4 vorpx does not come close to F4VR (way too many hours in that one now) can not wait for this and then to see how many mods I can break it with over and over again.

Although I do plan on doing a full vanilla play through before I mod anything.

I am immune it seems to motion sickness, Minecraft in VR I can play for 6 hours at a time, F4VR I absolutely love.

As far I did not see one scene with 3rd Person cam (watching at the own character!), this way of technique is totally nonsence for skyrim (and maybe also for other games. I hope you´ll get a lot of enemy from behind. Sexlab with such a technology???...Half of the time you´ll have mesh-cuts and the cam will be on the wrong place-this may work for vanilla-but bad.

Let me be old-school, but this is somehow the most wrong direction for that game.  Anyway it´s time to bring something serious new again(Bethesda is meant). The modern game graphics are far more better (more than 70% like real), there´s a huge concurence in between and there has to be a new title that rocks. Quite hard times for those Majors in between!

And: the more realistic a game will be created, the more easy way for enemy to kill you. If skyrim´s world would be real....you for best would stay inside a taverne, day and night.

And: VR is for sure very unhealthy, because what you see by eyes and brain is not going to be reflected properly by the real body-behavior. (But) It´s of course only my own opinion.

Since I'm already boycotting Bethesda, their subsidiaries, and Zenimax, I'm not bothering with SK VR. Also because I'm not yet convinced VR has matured enough (my first time with VR was in 1995; I know how far it's come) for viable use at home. What sort of logistics problems have manufacturers and producers not encountered yet that need to be addressed first? What other issues are lurking unseen?

That, and I've already got Oldrim and the free copy of Newrim for people who already owned LE before. What would I want with yet another port?

For those suffering from motions sickness here, there is a workaround for it that seems to work for me at least.

It's a (anti-emetic) band from a company called Emeterm, sends electrical signals to your brain or something like that.

I wasn't even going to bother with skyrimvr because of the violent near throwing up after a couple of minutes of moving in falloutvr.

I think there's a few other brands as well, but this seems to stop my sickness.

1 hour ago, rionwt said:

For those suffering from motions sickness here, there is a workaround for it that seems to work for me at least.

It's a (anti-emetic) band from a company called Emeterm, sends electrical signals to your brain or something like that.

I wasn't even going to bother with skyrimvr because of the violent near throwing up after a couple of minutes of moving in falloutvr.

I think there's a few other brands as well, but this seems to stop my sickness.

I'm sorry @rionwt I don't intend this as an insult in any way...

If it's effective for you, I'm glad, even if it's a placebo effect.

Don't knock placebo effects! They REALLY help sometimes. Our brains are amazing, and sometimes just believing something really does make it come true.

I just don't want people to purchase something that doesn't work... and that's a scam product :confused: 

Nausea and vomiting are caused by transmission of a nausea signal to the stomach via the human brain, which causes the stomach to contrast irregularly, resulting in vomiting. By releasing a low-frequency pulse with a particular frequency, EmeTerm can adjust the vagus nerve signals traveling to and from the stomach, and can prevent or postpone the brain from transmitting nausea signals to the stomach.

*Bangs head on desk*

Note three big warning signs:

1) They claim to be effective against nausea caused by morning sickness and motion sickness - things with VERY different causes that only sound similar.

2) They claim to be "Clinically Proven, safe to use" not "Clinically Proven, we actually do what we claim to do"

3) They list tons of research articles, but none of them have anything to do with the product. It's just research into things related to nausea.

I absolutely love fallout4 vr. Playing in vorpx is nothing like the real thing. They did a fantastic job of converting the game mechanics to vr even if they screwed up the graphics settings. You get to throw grenades intuitively, aiming and sniping and hiding behind things are spot on. So I'm really excited for Skyrim vr. Plus, I have over 100 mods in fallout working fine including some big ones like sim settlements.

The bad news: there'll likely be no skse and no skyui, so probably no sexlab. Plus you are limited to first person view for obvious reasons and no one has yet found out how to hack a third person cam except by using showlooksmenu.

I'll look through the mods here to see if I can find anything likely to be compatible... Body replacers do work fine in fo4vr.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:02 PM, prinyo said:

You can clearly see who hasn't tried FO4VR... This kind of speculations were expected before FO4VR was released, but now we have a pretty good idea what to expect.

I know, right.  I have a fully modded FO4VR setup, it's amazing.  Yeah, lack of script extender is annoying, but fingers crossed those guys get talked into it.  It is far and away the best VR experience I've had to date.  I will fault Bethesda for releasing such a poorly optimized config file, but once it's properly setup.  I'm seriously kinda pissed that graphic cards are so expensive, I really, really want to upgrade my 980Ti before skyrim ends my life in the real world.