Skyrim VR Modding ?!

1 hour ago, Evilynn said:

I've never used matchmake light SE. I assume that casting the spell on two NPC should make them have sex with each other - not with you?

VR doesn't have a third person mode, so unless you are using a mod that is specifically designed to work around this problem, make sure that you don't include yourself in any of the animations.

No just trying to get 2 NPC to have sex. 

12 hours ago, skyrimjosh said:

Then I was trying to use SexLab MatchMaker Light SE to cast Irresistable attractive on two NPCs but it would tell me the spell fizzled and wasn't effective.

This is the primary complaint by different people at the thread of the mod. I also have the same problem. As I understand it this is a side effect of too strict measures against involving child NPCs.

I'm using Carnival instead which basically makes all adult NPCs around to start having sex. Just disable the 4 and 5 person scenes as it will constantly use those. 

12 hours ago, prinyo said:

This is the primary complaint by different people at the thread of the mod. I also have the same problem. As I understand it this is a side effect of too strict measures against involving child NPCs.

I'm using Carnival instead which basically makes all adult NPCs around to start having sex. Just disable the 4 and 5 person scenes as it will constantly use those. 

Thanks, I'll try that. I'll let you know how it goes. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, steno442 said:

been a few hows it going?

If you're asking me, Carnival didn't work either, so I decided to do a fresh install using MO2 instead of Vortex. I haven't actually been motivated enough to try to get it going again though. One of these days...

The matchmaker will stop working correctly soon after you install it anyways as we discussed above. Install Carnival or Flower Girls or both. 

But it seems you have a general problem with mods not been correctly installed. 

I'm surprised people expect the mods they keep asking for. SkyVRim's been out for all of six weeks at this time, it has all new features and issues that still need time to be worked out, and even modding tools for its base (Newrim) are not ready yet. A good rule of thumb is, "If it doesn't work with Newrim, it won't work with SkyVRim." Even if it does work with Newrim, that's no assurance it will work in VR mode.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a question for those still around: Has anyone had any luck getting UI Extentions to work? The ultimate goal is Add Item Menu. I've added both to a clean install of Skyrim VR (using Skyrim VR Script Extender, of course), and the game launches and runs fine right until I try to activate the Add Item Menu power. This results in a CTD. 

Living without this mod is p u n i s h i n g when you're trying to add non-craftable items, and while I can use the console, it disrupts the experience quite a bit. 

Curious if anyone else has tried it ?

1 hour ago, sanelmax said:

Here's a question for those still around: Has anyone had any luck getting UI Extentions to work? The ultimate goal is Add Item Menu. I've added both to a clean install of Skyrim VR (using Skyrim VR Script Extender, of course), and the game launches and runs fine right until I try to activate the Add Item Menu power. This results in a CTD. 

Living without this mod is p u n i s h i n g when you're trying to add non-craftable items, and while I can use the console, it disrupts the experience quite a bit. 

Curious if anyone else has tried it ?

I've tried and got the same results as above ?

I don't mind SkyUI missing in VR. What I miss is the MCM. Which should be portable easily enough (people already did it, but only with hacking). 

But since SkyUI 5.x is no longer OpenSource, I don't see any easy way to make a VR compatible version or make a MCM version only. Unless I'm missing something. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheRemnant said:

This fellah seems to have got SkyUI playing relatively nice. https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/8ul6y7/skyui_for_skyrimvr_setting_the_record_straight/

Linking this doesn't seem to be against the community rules, as it's an edit of a free thing and wouldn't fit the definition of piracy.

What he did was already known as a workaround for months. He just extracted the archive and removed several files. And then uploaded this despite been told by the original MA to not do it. There will be problems running the mod. He suggests workaround for the biggest problem - you can't save manually, so use an auto-save tool. But there are more problems, you really should not try to use it with your main save.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 5:59 AM, RxHappy said:

I'd love to have a VR mod where I can tell an NPC to bend over and then use my VR hand to administer a spanking with progressive audio.

I don't think that's possible given the way interactions are handled in in SK VR. Empty hands are treated as unarmed attacks or else they just don't register when they come in contact with another character. All new behaviors would need to be written and integrated.

Perhaps a reason the spanking mod won't work is because it triggers a 3rd person view like when you perform music with Become a Bard mod and Skyrim VR will do nothing when the mod tries to trigger the 3rd person view which it doesn't allow in VR (the body was removed all but from Racemenu I think I read).

I take it that Sexlab SE won't work with skseVR 2.0.10  as skse SE 2.0.7 is a required.  Won't SexLab SE work in VR? I know some SE mods work in VR. When I load the game with it installed I get a SexLab error complaining about the version of Skyrim.

Thanks  

(For Skyrim VR I've editied SkyUI to only have MCM, as far as that requirement is concerned with this guide:
skyui_52_mcm_only   https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/901npy/skyui_52_mcm_only/  

SK VR can't run mods that require third-party programs like SKSE SE since those programs are specific to the particular version of Skyrim they were made for and mods that do use them are configured to use specific versions of said programs. SexLab will not work with SK VR, nor will mods that use it.