Skyrim VR Modding ?!

The only real problem I've had is the occasional CTD when NPC's cast spells, and I'm not sure whats causing it. The first place it happened, turning off "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul" fixed it. Reproducible, and failed every time with and worked every time without. The next place it happened turning off "Static Mesh Improvement Mod" fixed it. Again, it was reproducible, and turning on SMIM crashed every time, and turning it off worked every time.

It's very annoying, but hopefully we will figure out exactly whats going on soon.

On the plus side, I've spend 13 hours standing up playing SkyrimVR last week, and that's 13 hours I would have spent sitting down. Last week also had a week of overtime/side work, so this week - so I hope to do more this week.

3 hours ago, prinyo said:

So I installed the alpha SKSE and started looking for mods to test it with. And all of them requite SkyUI. 

Installed SOS and the game fails to start at all. Not sure if it is because of the missing SkyUI or problem with SKSE. 

It seems things will be more complicated than we hoped.

we've actually managed to tear apart skyui to work so that mcm works ingame now and skyui dependant mods will load. i've attached a screenshot. sadly it breaks a few other things like manual saves beyond the first time you save and you also lose the ability to adjust vr performance settings. but we're getting there :smile:

20180409011714_1.jpg

4 hours ago, prinyo said:

So I installed the alpha SKSE and started looking for mods to test it with. And all of them requite SkyUI. 

Installed SOS and the game fails to start at all. Not sure if it is because of the missing SkyUI or problem with SKSE. 

It seems things will be more complicated than we hoped.

I believe SOS has a DLL plugin. Maybe it has to be recompiled specifically for SkyrimVR

3 hours ago, Evilynn said:

The only real problem I've had is the occasional CTD when NPC's cast spells, and I'm not sure whats causing it. The first place it happened, turning off "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul" fixed it. Reproducible, and failed every time with and worked every time without. The next place it happened turning off "Static Mesh Improvement Mod" fixed it. Again, it was reproducible, and turning on SMIM crashed every time, and turning it off worked every time.

It's very annoying, but hopefully we will figure out exactly whats going on soon.

On the plus side, I've spend 13 hours standing up playing SkyrimVR last week, and that's 13 hours I would have spent sitting down. Last week also had a week of overtime/side work, so this week - so I hope to do more this week.

There is a bug in vanilla SkyrimVr's code. its been posted on the official forum here:-

https://bethesda.net/community/topic/200755/bug-report-magic-effects-crashes-game

it affects vanilla users as well.

2 hours ago, gonekrazy3000 said:

can confirm its been fixed. sadly it also Broke SkseVR DX

will have to wait for an update to it now :frown:

SKSE is always for a specific binary, so every update breaks it. I wouldn't expect anything from SKSE until the changes are out of beta, but we might get lucky! :smile:

Hey guys I'm excited, just got Skyrim VR on steam, so what's available and what's not? I checked Nexus it seems they don't even have a category for VR yet, are custom bodies and races available yet?

Or do I just download the mods for SSE? Hopefully we'll find a way to get the mods here working for the VR version (especially DDs, my all time favorite), it should be a totally different experience.

VR IMO is the next level gaming, you can do so much more in VR environment, I'm always excited to see game companies experimenting with VR.

5 hours ago, buzerunn said:

Hey guys I'm excited, just got Skyrim VR on steam, so what's available and what's not? I checked Nexus it seems they don't even have a category for VR yet, are custom bodies and races available yet?

Or do I just download the mods for SSE? Hopefully we'll find a way to get the mods here working for the VR version (especially DDs, my all time favorite), it should be a totally different experience.

Check out reddit.com/r/SkyrimVR

There is a post about tested mods.

Also, there is a VR category on Nexus, it's an SSE sub category. Very few loverslab mods currently work because of the lack of SKSE and nioverride. An SKSE VR version is in the work, but it's early days...

to be fair SkseVr is pretty rock solid. the main issue we seem to be facing is getting SkyUI to work without absolutely breaking things like the ability to save normally. a lot of interface stuff was changed for vr. so some of the guys in discord are currently altering it as much as we can to get it to work. there is also a patch for the unofficial skyrim patch on nexus specifically for SkyrimVR. good news is one of the guys on the discord is the actual Skse dev so he's working with us to get a proper release version. it will probably be out soon along with an sdk for SkyrimVr. i highly recommend you guys enter the discord. there is all sorts of excellent discussion going on over there. some of the devs are currently trying to make first person bodies get enabled since they actually changed how its handled in SkyrimVR.

Here's a game-changing UI mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16379?tab=description

Reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/8b40dh/release_way_of_the_voice_enhance_your_game_with/

It lets you use voice commands to switch spells and open the map, as well as quick saving and loading and some other common functions. It doesn't support melee weapons out of the bag, but you can set up your own voice macros for those if you want (there are too many variations for the mod to include all melee weapons and their enchanted derivatives).

I'm using it with Apocalypse and Ordinator, using the new extended perk patch. I hadn't the heart to try an Apocalypse caster (100's of spells to switch between) with the default UI. All working smoothly , except one bug I found so far that it won't put away your torch for you when asked. I'm sure the author will fix that.

It's new out and a bit clunky to set up, but it completely opens up the caster playstyle with no menus!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 10:03 PM, gonekrazy3000 said:

we've actually managed to tear apart skyui to work so that mcm works ingame now and skyui dependant mods will load. i've attached a screenshot. sadly it breaks a few other things like manual saves beyond the first time you save and you also lose the ability to adjust vr performance settings. but we're getting there :smile:

Can you share some more info about this? Now with SKSE released the lack of MCM is a serious problem. Even if it is not working completely it can still be useful. 

Unrelated to SkyUI. Noticed something weird related to FNIS while experimenting with enabling and disabling mods (FG and SL Light). 

After running FNIS when starting the game everybody was frozen like they would be if I forgot to run FNIS. If this happens to you press the right trigger and you will be sent to the starting cave again. Then select continue and the game will resume working correctly. 

Edit:

So I realize the issue is just no SkyUI works for VR, correct? with all the sexlab mods (aside from lite, things like sexlab aroused, sexlab defeat, etc) requiring SkyUI, even with SKSE now a thing we still can't really use many of the sexlab mods..

Here's hoping someone can figure out some patched way to make SkyUI work for VR!

• 2 weeks later...

With everything that is coming out I figured now would be a good time to get in to VR so I recently pick up a headset. I was wondering if there was a available mod list, ether from what you have been using or of known good mods for Skyrim VR. Also thought this question might no belong here, from what I have read on here there seems to have been a great amount of progress in the short time since Skyrim VR was released but there are many mods from oldrim that I fear might not port over. Because of this I was looking at getting Vorpx or something similar and was wondering if anyone has experience with it/ how how it might compare after Skyrim VR is fleshed out.  

On 5/4/2018 at 4:07 PM, Evilynn said:

We need a lot more details than that in order to help you.

Thanks Evilynn, I don't like asking for help. I was trying to follow the beginners guide here for the SSE LL Lite. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/84006-sexlab-light-se-beginner-friendly-installation-guide-sexualise-your-skyrim-special-edition/ Then I was trying to use SexLab MatchMaker Light SE to cast Irresistable attractive on two NPCs but it would tell me the spell fizzled and wasn't effective. I'm specifically trying to get creature animations but it didn't work on humans or creatures. 

I've modded SE and FO4 without any trouble before, don't know why I can't seem to figure this game out. 

I've never used matchmake light SE. I assume that casting the spell on two NPC should make them have sex with each other - not with you?

VR doesn't have a third person mode, so unless you are using a mod that is specifically designed to work around this problem, make sure that you don't include yourself in any of the animations.