Skyrim VR Modding ?!

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

So what is it? A whole new port or that upgrade to SSE?

Basically an upgrade to the Special Edition. It uses a lot of the same files, so you can actually delete a ton and just link to the VR folder. That or you can download the VR files separate and drop them in your old SE folder and it will launch in VR. Honestly, it's not worth full price, but if you enjoy VR enough..it's pretty damn good. It isn't a straight port with shoddy VR support tacked on, they actually reworked quite a bit to make it fit.

But anyways, it's absolute leagues better than FO4VR. That was a travesty. This has actually worked flawlessly for me. The graphics are up to par with the SE, not toned down for VR, runs at a smooth 60fps, even fully maxed, no stuttering. It has full motion controller support, the only thing that requires pressing is in the menu, everything else is done by swinging your sword, holding up your shield etc. I'm honestly surprised how good it came out after how horrible FO4VR was. It even has good mod support. The only things that don't work are anything requiring SKSE, everything else works fine.

It would be nice to have Sexlab running in VR, but without SKSE it doesn't look good. Thankfully there are other AAA adult developer VR games that work just as well as SL. I guess I'll have to get my fix there haha. Back to CM3D2 and Honey Select =P

2 hours ago, NumberXer0 said:

Honestly, it's not worth full price, but if you enjoy VR enough..it's pretty damn good. It isn't a straight port with shoddy VR support tacked on, they actually reworked quite a bit to make it fit.

I found it well worth the price, and have loved every minute of it :smile: The most fun I've ever had in a video game hands down!

It's not even close!

Getting my fat self out of a chair and moving around the room for 1-4 hours  a day will be good for me as well!

It works very well, and VR brings a level of immersion you can't get any other way... Enhanced Lights and FX + Duergar filled dungeon is a lot of fun. The graphics don't feel outdated in VR because I expect VR to have lower video quality. I can't speak about melee (I'm running a mage), but archery and spells both feel wonderful. The biggest thing I'm currently missing is Ordinator (and they know the issue, so hopefully they can have it working soon).

SexLab Light SE works.  (As well as the body replacers listed there.)

I managed to use it with Carnival

As long as the scene doesn't include the player character it works fine. 

It is a bit better than FO4VR because the stripping works with no problems.  

The situation is the same for both FO4VR and SkyrimVR. There are frameworks that work and mods that start sex scenes with NPCs. (In FO4VR this is 4P + Authonomy).

For both games the biggest problem is the lack of player character and 3rd person view.

As far as I can see/understand there are 2 possibilities going forward: 

1. Try to unlock the player character and the 3rd person view. If it is even possible I can imagine this will be quite complicated. 

2. Create a "vanity mod" that would spawn a NPC with the facegen of the player character and use that for the sex scenes also.

My most needed mod at the moment is SkyUI as I have never been forced by now to use the vanilla inventory menu and it is so atrocious that every time I use it I'm thinking of giving up and going back to VorpX. 

Has anyone tried Skyrim VR in conjunction with https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3719-immersive-first-person-view-sexlab-special/ ? 
When playing 2D Skyrim it was the best mod to get sex animations to work in POV. There are one or two .ini files that for example make the 0sex mod animations work in POV wonderfully.

So please could anybody try out Skyrim VR + IFPV + 0Sex + HDT Physics enabled CBBE ?

Note on using sexlab light in vr: it'll start to initialize every time you start the game at the main menu, because the main menu in vr is a cave where you control a brand new level 1 character. It takes about 5 minutes to load all the animations and there is no point waiting for it to do so because there's no save file generated. Just load a save ignoring the scripted messages, and then it'll restart the initialization for real for your loaded character. Ditto every time you restart, do not wait for SL to complete at the main menu.

I've not tried any other mods with it yet, just SL tested with matchmaker on npcs. The mcm seems to work ok. I'm not sure how the scene controller apparel is supposed to work in Skyrim se, but it doesn't seem to do anything in vr.

12 minutes ago, wonderfulcheese said:

We should donate a vr headset to the skse developers.

Apparently they do not want that. 

And anyway the problems for using sex mods in SkyrimVR is not the lack of SKSE, but the lack of player character and 3rd person view. There are some discussions about possibilities to handle that in the posts section of Flower Girls on Nexus. 

I was thinking about what the lack of SKSE means to me personally and there are 2 mods I consider essential that require it - SkyUI and SOS full. But both of them would still be unusable in VR even if SKSE exists as both would need to be ported and for both the chance is almost zero. 

We were kind of lucky that SKSE64 took so much time and as a result there are lot's of mod that work without it (similarly to FO4).

never in my life! 
this VR version is criticized in many renowned computer magazines.
This game (all VR games) affect the human senses excessively, after only one hour of playing time, perceptual disorders occur!
but I know what it's about, Sex in 3D view, fucks a real woman, then her do not need that shit.
and especially Bethesda cashes for the third time, money for this fucking game !!! :classic_angry:

sorry, no offense, I always say what I think, I hate hypocrisy. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

sorry, no offense, I always say what I think, I hate hypocrisy. :classic_smile:

I don't agree with you, but everyone's different anyway. 

Almost literally Every game is criticised in publications. I have criticisms of Skyrim VR, but it's still an awesome game that I will enjoy for many hours.

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

Bethesda cashes for the third time, money for this fucking game !!! 

People say this all the time, and act like they are doing something bad here. SkyrimVR took money to create, and the work isn't free. I have no problem paying for Skyrim.

I've paid less than a nickel for each hour of play. 

At that rate I'm happy to pay again.

Videogames are underpriced, not overpriced. That's why the video game market is what it is now.

3 hours ago, prinyo said:

Apparently they do not want that. 

One of them did accept on a different reddit thread -- no promises but he'd look into it given the equipment -- but the OP seems to have screwed up and not notified the people who offered to chip in. I was one of them and I thought he'd just dropped the effort till I looked for the thread again just now and saw he'd edited his post with a gofundme link.

As you say though, the script extender isn't the main gap.

I haven't used sexlab for months  so I got some novelty out of booting it up again in VR last night but it doesn't benefit as much in VR as the rest of the world does. The extra depth perception will just make it 10x harder to line up characters well :smile:

18 minutes ago, Evilynn said:

Videogames are underpriced, not overpriced. That's why the video game market is what it is now.

I totally agree. I can't imagine they'll make a profit on it given the tiny market. I am seeing things big and small that I never noticed in 1000 hours of playing on flatscreen, both in this and in FO4. I spent far longer in FO4VR than in all my previous VR games combined, and I expect I'll spend more in skyrim. These games have given VR a huge boost imo and people are starting to work out what works what doesn't with all the interest. There are some things they got really right in FO4 like grenades.

Pity about the inventory UI. I'll adapt to that I think by not bothering with crafting, which tends to make characters too OP too fast anyway. I just hope the perk overhauls get fixed so I can do lots of short playthroughs with different playstyles.

22 minutes ago, stonefish said:

I haven't used sexlab for months  so I got some novelty out of booting it up again in VR last night but it doesn't benefit as much in VR as the rest of the world does. The extra depth perception will just make it 10x harder to line up characters well :smile:

Having a good story is MUCH more important now. The environment is also much more important. Generic SexLab scenes will do nothing for me... Story based mods will be awesome though! 

1 hour ago, Evilynn said:

People say this all the time, and act like they are doing something bad here. SkyrimVR took money to create, and the work isn't free. I have no problem paying for Skyrim.

Bethesda is incapable, so simple is that!
they are not able to develop a new TES according to today's standards.
why an SSE, why a VR?
1. loss of the Elder Scroll fan community!
2. and thus also loss of a lot of money!
3. This company does not get a penny (Cent) from me anymore.
they are absolute Loser for me !!!! :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Evilynn said:

Having a good story is MUCH more important now. The environment is also much more important. Generic SexLab scenes will do nothing for me... Story based mods will be awesome though! 

have a lot of fun.
1. graphics quality lowered
2. farsightedness shorter
3. no arms visible
4. while sprinting, tunnel look
5. dialog boxes difficult to see, some are in the NPC

https://youtu.be/9bw5B4_QoJM

18 minutes ago, winny257 said:

Bethesda is incapable, so simple is that!
they are not able to develop a new TES according to today's standards.
why an SSE, why a VR?
1. loss of the Elder Scroll fan community!
2. and thus also loss of a lot of money!
3. This company does not get a penny (Cent) from me anymore.

I don't intend this reply as an attack on you, but as a reply to a statement I see made over and over about many companies.

This isn't a simple problem like your post makes it sound. We see a simplified close up look at one small part of the picture. That makes it easy to think we have an obvious and solution.

Rewriting CK is a huge and expensive project, and until they can do that they can only do so much. I'm glad TES6 has been delayed because I'm hoping they can redo CK and plan on VR from the start.

@winny257 You have the right attitude. Unhappy with a company? Vote with your wallet. That's how you make them listen.

8 minutes ago, winny257 said:

have a lot of fun.
1. graphics quality lowered
2. farsightedness shorter
3. no arms visible
4. while sprinting, tunnel look
5. dialog boxes difficult to see, some are in the

1. It's VR. Graphics are different, and and not be directly compared to 2D. They feel much more real and immersive, and that's what I care about..

2. See first response.

3. That's how I would choose for VR to work. It works well for me. I want a clear look at what's in my hands, without hands getting in the way... Let alone arms..

4. That's an option you can adjust or turn off.

5. They are easy to see.. the real problem is they sometimes appear inside other NPC's. Also Vive wands need real improvements... Rift touch is a much better controller.

21 minutes ago, Evilynn said:

1. It's VR. Graphics are different, and and not be directly compared to 2D. They feel much more real and immersive, and that's what I care about..

2. See first response.

3. That's how I would choose for VR to work. It works well for me. I want a clear look at what's in my hands, without hands getting in the way... Let alone arms..

4. That's an option you can adjust or turn off.

5. They are easy to see.. the real problem is they sometimes appear inside other NPC's. Also Vive wands need real improvements... Rift touch is a much better controller.

I use a 40 inch monitor (bent), is dearer to me than a helmet on his head.
and a character should have arms, It looks like shit when a bow stretches without arms, or swirling a sword in the air.

Well I think this thread has veered off topic already, so I am going to throw my 2 cents in for the hell of it.  I gave Bethesda another 60 bucks and got the VR game.  I believe everyone should be paid for work they do, whatever that might be, and I am ok with letting the market decide the amount someone will get.  I have been playing VR games now for over a year and the initial wow factor has worn off.  Skyrim being my favorite game, I knew I had to see for myself what it was like.  Not bad at all, very cool, but still very much like other VR games I have played.  If you are relatively new to VR and don't have 3,000 hours playing skyrim already, you will no doubt have a very enjoyable play thru well worth the 60 bucks.  For me though, after playing a heavily modded skyrim for so long, going back to vanilla was a little boring after I looked around a bit, and killed some draugers and frostbite spiders.  So back to the modding issue.  I will probably not play much more of the vanilla game under VR unless the game begins to be modded at least a little bit.  Physics probably won't ever happen, so I guess you give a little to get a little.  What I have learned though, at least for myself is.....a well scripted/written quest mod, with great voice acting, and new and interesting NPC's, along with incredible new lands, will give me much more enjoyment than the VR experience ever could.  To be specific, I have recently played for the first time the Maids II quest mod, and was very happy with it and gave me 30-40 hours of quality enjoyment.  I have spent about 3 to 4 under the VR hood, and until its modded a bit, that's about it.  Soooo  Maids II mod = $0.00   Skyrim VR= $60.00  I wish I could switch the values around to be fair.