how come none of the other mods register the rape as rape? apropos, skooma whore, separate orgasms, sexlab itself, etc. do i have something set up wrong in the settings?

13 hours ago, StepanBo said:

Yes, it works now. But in order I will be sure it's work correctly could you please confirm that the following description of crime mechanism is full and correct?

Every X (6 by default) seconds the game checks whether PC is involved in criminal action. If yes, the game checks whether PC in on the line of sight of any NPC. If yes, these NPC's have Y (50 by default) percent chance to report about a crime they observe. If two or more reports are made with Z (0,5 by default) in-game hours a fine is imposed.

If I'm right, it means that with reporting chance set to 100% and at least one NPC nearby PC will receive a fine every 12 seconds. But in fact it happens much less often.

And it's something strange with crime statistics. PC was reported for public nudity, a fine was applied, I paid it to a guard but it's still all zeros in Statistics section of the mod. As for me it's not critical, but please take it into account.

Not exactly, but close.

1) Only one report is necessary to get the fine.

2) The fine is imposed a few seconds after the reports have been made, but only for each crime whose cooldown has passed. 

3) NPCs report all or no crimes, the chance does not apply to each crime individiually.

You should therefore receive a fine every 0.5 hours, or whatever you have set up, plus a few seconds. 

Crime statistics don't work in the current version.

13 hours ago, letterman said:

how come none of the other mods register the rape as rape? apropos, skooma whore, separate orgasms, sexlab itself, etc. do i have something set up wrong in the settings?

I assume it is because consensual animations are playing.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

I assume it is because consensual animations are playing.

I believe that Sexlab decides if it's a rape based on whether you set the victim flag, not the animation.

Most labs find out if you were raped either from that flag, or by looking at the sexlab stats.

So, if you don't set it. Most mods will not see a rape, regardless of the animation played, or its tags.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I believe that Sexlab decides if it's a rape based on whether you set the victim flag, not the animation.

Most labs find out if you were raped either from that flag, or by looking at the sexlab stats.

So, if you don't set it. Most mods will not see a rape, regardless of the animation played, or its tags.

My bad, the victim flag is set unless consensual animations are used. There are 4 cases:

1) The player surrendered -> Not a victim, consensual animations.

2) The player is aroused and the setting to use consensual animations when aroused is on -> same

3) The setting to use consensual animations when aroused is off and a consensual animation is rolled based on the MCM setting -> same

4) Anything else -> Victim, non-consensual animations. 

This is determined once at the beginning and is true for all of the scenes during the gangrape. It might be best to add options for the cases 1, 2 and 3 whether the player should be treated as a victim by sexlab. 

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Hi, wanted to ask if there's an update comming soon? It's not like i'd miss anything specific, i just tend to avoid updating midgame and i'm planning a new game, so if an update is close i'd rather wait before installing Adventures at all.

I want to have the next update ready next weekend. However, I am specifically designing my updates so you can install them on existing saves, so there is really no reason not to update.

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I want to have the next update ready next weekend. However, I am specifically designing my updates so you can install them on existing saves, so there is really no reason not to update.

Any chance we can get an idea of what's coming in that update? Want to learn if there's anything in there that I'd want for the setup I'm working on, or if I should just go with the current version.

Edit: I mean should I include the locked gates mod that I mentioned earlier, or is that what's planned for the next update? Don't want to create overlap if I can help it.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you, Teutonic.  You're a hero for designing & maintaining your mod this way. 

IMO you're a super hero for continuing to support this mod with such diligence.  There have been so many  "could have  been awesome mods" that were just abandoned after a few weeks.  I guess I'm saying thank you for not getting burned out.

Hmm... since I'm here, I was wondering if you could give the rape conditions slider bars?  Such as running around nude is almost begging to get raped we should be able to set nudity as being worth 2 or 3 conditions.  I have my number of conditions set to 3.  That works great with most of the conditions.  It just seems that being nude is far greater a temptation to get attacked as opposed to being unarmed. 

Also, another condition you may consider adding is whether or not you have a follower with you.  That would probably be another one I would set a slider to. 

One other thing.  Since this mod is replacing Cursed Loot, at least for me, do you think you could incorporate a "free me" option like cursed loot has?  The issue I have is that I hate arm binders.  The only animations that work with them are Zaz blow jobs.  Plus I think they look stupid.   Unfortunately, arm binders are the go-to item for most devious mods.  I like the straight jackets, all the animations still work with them.  I would like a simple way to be rid of them when they are equipped instead of giving myself a key, that will break almost always on the first try.  This a real PITA when things are happening around you.

6 hours ago, dult said:

Any chance we can get an idea of what's coming in that update? Want to learn if there's anything in there that I'd want for the setup I'm working on, or if I should just go with the current version.

Edit: I mean should I include the locked gates mod that I mentioned earlier, or is that what's planned for the next update? Don't want to create overlap if I can help it.

I don't want to make promises and then not be able to deliver, which is why I try not to make any. 

1 hour ago, cailic said:

Hmm... since I'm here, I was wondering if you could give the rape conditions slider bars?  Such as running around nude is almost begging to get raped we should be able to set nudity as being worth 2 or 3 conditions.  I have my number of conditions set to 3.  That works great with most of the conditions.  It just seems that being nude is far greater a temptation to get attacked as opposed to being unarmed. 

Also, another condition you may consider adding is whether or not you have a follower with you.  That would probably be another one I would set a slider to.

I have considered adding an OR DOUBLE, maybe also an OR TRIPLE condition to be able to do that.

1 hour ago, cailic said:

One other thing.  Since this mod is replacing Cursed Loot, at least for me, do you think you could incorporate a "free me" option like cursed loot has?  The issue I have is that I hate arm binders.  The only animations that work with them are Zaz blow jobs.  Plus I think they look stupid.   Unfortunately, arm binders are the go-to item for most devious mods.  I like the straight jackets, all the animations still work with them.  I would like a simple way to be rid of them when they are equipped instead of giving myself a key, that will break almost always on the first try.  This a real PITA when things are happening around you.

I don't know how Devious Devices work and I currently have no plans to delve into them.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

I don't want to make promises and then not be able to deliver, which is why I try not to make any. 

Fair enough.

Also, I had a feature request, something I'd like to see that was in DCL: risk-based messages. If I remember correctly, whenever you were naked, aroused, weaponless, etc. you would get a popup about how everyone is looking at you or that it's not safe to walk around at night, and similar. Any chance this'll pop up in the future?

20 minutes ago, dult said:

Fair enough.

Also, I had a feature request, something I'd like to see that was in DCL: risk-based messages. If I remember correctly, whenever you were naked, aroused, weaponless, etc. you would get a popup about how everyone is looking at you or that it's not safe to walk around at night, and similar. Any chance this'll pop up in the future?

Yes, I think I can add that.

Feature suggestion:  Add a slider for Female Minimum Attacker Arousal.  This could be used along with the attacker Gender selector, or replace it if the arousal sliders are allowed to go up to 101 (never).  The all or nothing choice for females is awkward.  I'd like to allow for some chance of attack, but at a higher arousal level.  Some players might even wish to reverse that.

3 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I have considered adding an OR DOUBLE, maybe also an OR TRIPLE condition to be able to do that.

This sounds great.

Could you clarify (perhaps in the in-mod help, as well as in this instance)...

How EITHER-OR conditions interact vs counting conditions.

If I set EITHER-OR conditions, are they considered completely distinct from the counting ones, or does the count ALSO have to be met?

So, if I set:

Naked OR Unarmed

and then

Darkness, Bound, Aroused (any 2 of)

If the char is Naked, will they be raped?

Or, do they need to be (for example) Naked + Bound AND (Naked or Unarmed)

Or is it (as I believe), (Naked + Bound) OR (Naked or Unarmed) ?

Or, do EITHER/OR conditions also count towards the countable ones? (Seems unlikely).

I could experiment, but as the existing in-game help is so good, I thought you might want to add something about how EITHER/OR interacts with countables.

Does raise the idea that you could have a drop-down/roll-over state choice to select how this works "globally".

e.g.

1) Triggers by Either/Or OR countable conditions

2) Triggers by Either/Or AND countable conditions

3) Either/Or conditions also act as countable

But maybe this is just too clever for its own good.

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Feature suggestion:  Add a slider for Female Minimum Attacker Arousal.  This could be used along with the attacker Gender selector, or replace it if the arousal sliders are allowed to go up to 101 (never).  The all or nothing choice for females is awkward.  I'd like to allow for some chance of attack, but at a higher arousal level.  Some players might even wish to reverse that.

Sure, I can do that.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Could you clarify (perhaps in the in-mod help, as well as in this instance)...

How EITHER-OR conditions interact vs counting conditions.

If I set EITHER-OR conditions, are they considered completely distinct from the counting ones, or does the count ALSO have to be met?

So, if I set:

Naked OR Unarmed

and then

Darkness, Bound, Aroused (any 2 of)

If the char is Naked, will they be raped?

Or, do they need to be (for example) Naked + Bound AND (Naked or Unarmed)

Or is it (as I believe), (Naked + Bound) OR (Naked or Unarmed) ?

Or, do EITHER/OR conditions also count towards the countable ones? (Seems unlikely).

I could experiment, but as the existing in-game help is so good, I thought you might want to add something about how EITHER/OR interacts with countables.

Does raise the idea that you could have a drop-down/roll-over state choice to select how this works "globally".

e.g.

1) Triggers by Either/Or OR countable conditions

2) Triggers by Either/Or AND countable conditions

3) Either/Or conditions also act as countable

But maybe this is just too clever for its own good.

I am not sure if I follow your example. Do you mean you set

• Naked - Either
  • Unarmed - Either
  • Night - Or
  • Restrained - Or
  • Aroused - Or

With the number of conditions set to 2. In that case, The character can be raped if 

1. They are either naked or unarmed and
  2. any 2 of the other conditions are met.

The OR DOUBLE and OR TRIPLE conditions will simply count double or triple, for the required number of conditions (which only applies to OR and nothing else). EITHER and OR and their variants are fully separate from each other. 

Hi I found a small bug with the save/load feature.

It seems that if you load a configuration in wich hold taxes are turned off the checkbox in the mcm shows the correct value but the tax script continues to run.

I'll have to test if the problem is fixed by simply checking and unchecking the checkbox again.

Hey, really like the mod. I was wondering if there is a plan to have laws be different when being in a city or town or out on the road. For instance, I like the idea of carrying arms in a town being a crime, but not when I'm out in the wilderness and don't know if there's a pack of wolves or a patrol over the next hill. (Also I'd love to see NPCs follow the laws as well, but I read that was already on your list)

Thank you for the continuing work you do!

6 hours ago, lanastara said:

It seems that if you load a configuration in wich hold taxes are turned off the checkbox in the mcm shows the correct value but the tax script continues to run.

I'll have to test if the problem is fixed by simply checking and unchecking the checkbox again.

I had noticed the same thing when starting a new game and loading a configuration, but I forgot to report it.  Checking & unchecking the box for taxation does fix it. 

9 hours ago, lanastara said:

Thanks for the report, I will fix it.

7 hours ago, Teryn said:

Hey, really like the mod. I was wondering if there is a plan to have laws be different when being in a city or town or out on the road. For instance, I like the idea of carrying arms in a town being a crime, but not when I'm out in the wilderness and don't know if there's a pack of wolves or a patrol over the next hill.

I will investigate this.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:04 PM, Teutonic said:

I am not sure if I follow your example. Do you mean you set

• Naked - Either
  • Unarmed - Either
  • Night - Or
  • Restrained - Or
  • Aroused - Or

With the number of conditions set to 2. In that case, The character can be raped if 

1. They are either naked or unarmed and
  2. any 2 of the other conditions are met.

The OR DOUBLE and OR TRIPLE conditions will simply count double or triple, for the required number of conditions (which only applies to OR and nothing else). EITHER and OR and their variants are fully separate from each other. 

Ah sorry. I explained this very badly, because when I meant Either/Or, I Meant Either/Neither ... I forgot that OR is the standard countable option.

So, yes, you worked out correct what I meant to describe in the MCM. It would be as you show above, with count of 2.

So, from your answer, I conclude that EITHER is distinct from the countable OR items, and does not count towards them, either as a unit (Naked + Unarmed counts 1) or individually (Naked + Unarmed counts 2).

Instead of OR, OR DOUBLE, OR TRIPLE, you could change to "+1", "+2" and "+3" so it's even clearer that the countables are distinct from EITHER.

Or maybe that would confuse more people than it helps now? Not sure.

Personally, it's not so much the conditions aren't flexible enough, so much as I want more nuance on conditions.

e.g. I want finer control over what bondage leads to vulnerability, or what weapons or armor would deter an attacker, or to choose an option like "can be raped if three attackers" + "can be raped if unarmed and two attackers"

Right now the attackers are found after eligibility - for performance reasons I imagine - so such tests are impossible even if the logic could support them.

There is no mod that separates the two distinct concepts of vulnerability/opportunity vs motivation.

A naked PC is a motivation, darkness is an opportunity, while bound or unarmed are vulnerabilities that may also be motivators ONLY IF the attacker can see them.

An attacker needs a motivation before they will consider whether they have opportunity.

Maybe this kind of thinking can lead to new ways to approach the question of how to determine if an attack occurs? Or at least to a way of thinking about tests to apply before looking for valid attackers, and tests to apply after finding them. Imagine how cool it would be to see a crowd coming towards you at a walk (not run), and you think "Uh oh, they are coming for me! Better turn and run NOW!"

But overall, conditions are not that big a deal for me. Even DCL's conditions are sufficient most of the time, though I really like being able to set different conditions for wilderness/dungeon (though one rarely meets friendlies in a dungeon, you often bring ONE with you, which is why followers are special).

But, one thing I'd like to see change is the chase game. Right now, it's very rare I get an actual chase. By the time I'm aware they're after me, it's already over. Perhaps others have more luck?

Debug.Notification takes so long to scroll past that I'll notice the PC freeze because SexLab has started before I see it.

Most often the rapist is my follower anyway, and even if I'd seen the warning and reacted instantly, escape would be all but impossible because they are right next to me and can run faster.

How about using a dialog line to warn the player instead? And trigger the chase start off the dialog END? A misc hello with appropriate conditions should do the trick.

In those cases where a chase starts for real, it's because I'm already running, and in that case it's only possible to get away if you have a lead. In games with DD, MME, etc. you are always speed debuffed, and the attackers seem to get a speed buff, so it's foregone, unless you had a massive lead to start with, and were already running when the chase triggered.

I'm sure there are ways to tune the chase so it's more often a real chase, and less obvious who will win. See my point on cool situations above. Maybe a chase isn't even needed - walking NPCs are dangerous enough. In Devious Framework, the capture game has the attacker move quite slowly, for example.

11 hours ago, MasterPiece300 said:

Hello there teutonic, so far your mod is looking really good. Question tho, the rape/sleep rape scenes never trigger foursomes/fivesomes even when enough actors are present. i'm guessing you haven't implemented them? any hopes you could implement them?

True, foursomes and fivesomes won't trigger right now, but this is on my list.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Instead of OR, OR DOUBLE, OR TRIPLE, you could change to "+1", "+2" and "+3" so it's even clearer that the countables are distinct from EITHER.

Or maybe that would confuse more people than it helps now? Not sure.

That might be more intuitive.

They indeed get a speed buff during the pursuit, I might add an option for that. I might eventually add a dialog warning, although I personally disable the warning to begin with. I see the potential for more complex conditions, but I also do not want to make it too complex and performance is a concern as well. For now, I am happy with the way it is.

18 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I see the potential for more complex conditions, but I also do not want to make it too complex and performance is a concern as well. For now, I am happy with the way it is.

I'm totally on board with that. As I said, I don't really have much need for complex conditions, even as they are they are a luxury feature. I usually just set bound always, and any two of everything else. The chase part though, isn't really working for me. Having to run from attackers, particularly gangs of attackers would be good.

That aspect of CD, where the bad guys want to steal your delivery, and you might end up running round town, trying to avoid them all ganging up on you and beating you down, trying to pick them off one at a time, hoping to make the delivery if you're lucky was always tense and had some great chases. A mod that could pick the best part of that would be lots of fun, and totally different from just being about losing some money or items, or another rape. Maybe it really does make sense for the DB to just put on a chastity belt and throw away the key with all the people that seem to want to rape her... SL Kidnaps never really made the chases work, and the kidnaps were also bugged. Such a pity, and no sign of it ever being updated. It was so almost great.

There are quite a few mods that provide rape conditions of various sorts, but fewer that do interesting things with laws/rules, and no currently maintained one I can think of that pulls off a convincing chase.