[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

11 hours ago, A.J. said:

I'd double check if the provided textures are inside \Data\textures\characters\female, because they don't seem to be. I'd check the size and the date, or eventually a manual extraction from the zip in the right folder.

textures are within female category. everything set, every outfit functions perfectly. the only problem is the naked body does not have any corruption problem, yet they keep malforms like this.

Spoiler

5a8e298596625_BodySlide2018-02-2211-22-19-12.thumb.jpg.ef12d9fb9427f65fddb99432e0024641.jpg

and if i dont install textures, this kind of stuff happens.

Spoiler

5a8e2f7707238_BodySlide2018-02-2211-48-18-79.thumb.jpg.ee3d4688b1802d75deb7a37e566a7962.jpg

as a person with zero knowledge of texture modding, i shall just chill out and have a break from my futile attempts and just enjoy games which keep crashes with runtime error R6035-pure virtual function call.

sorry about whining. I really should stop here.

also i adjusted CBBE Balanced Shape in Nexus.

15 hours ago, A.J. said:

Hello :smile:

I'm uploading a video, soon I'll send you the link via PM

Thanks for your sincere input, AJ! I really should learn how to program to help the community with such kindness! 

Writing this while im not in front of desktop, will attempt when things are clear and im back to home! 

On 2/25/2018 at 8:17 AM, kyleblahblah00 said:

Hey, pretty sure its related to this mod, but i keep crashing whenever ANY NPC/my char is wearing a Dirty Pre Business suit. Can someone check that?

Yes you are right, thank you so much for report

As temporary workaround, you can remove the generated nif (Data\meshes\armor\1950stylesuit\f\outfitf.nif) and vanilla will be taken instead.

(damn businesswear, I don't know how many times I re-made it... -_-)

On 2/27/2018 at 3:21 PM, A.J. said:

Yes you are right, thank you so much for report

As temporary workaround, you can remove the generated nif (Data\meshes\armor\1950stylesuit\f\outfitf.nif) and vanilla will be taken instead.

(damn businesswear, I don't know how many times I re-made it... -_-)

Thank you for the workaround! Looking forward to the next update

Hello, just wondering if there's any plans for a non-nude body for bodyslide? Just want a female's character bra to have BNB effects. I'm looking for something similar to lacy underwear mod for Fallout 4 but for New Vegas. Otherwise I'll just use Izumiko T6M femaleupperbody.nif from that equipment replacer mod.

2 hours ago, carnage.exe said:

Hello, just wondering if there's any plans for a non-nude body for bodyslide? Just want a female's character bra to have BNB effects. I'm looking for something similar to lacy underwear mod for Fallout 4 but for New Vegas. Otherwise I'll just use Izumiko T6M femaleupperbody.nif from that equipment replacer mod.

If you already have BnB, then you just find a set of underwear you like and copy the bone weights in the conversion project. They should then have BnB. I did it for a muscular male body and now he bounces his pecs just like the girls!:classic_biggrin:

This is the video I watched last year to learn how to do conversions in BodySlide Outfit Studio. The same steps apply for FNV except you use the CBBE_NV-1 osp slider set as a reference- there is no conversion reference for vanilla to CBBE in FNV. You will have to use the tools to conform the outfit to the CBBE_NV-1 shape manually. This is easier than it sounds, I assure you. Here I am choosing the slider set I need to use to convert an outfit to CBBE.

Screenshot (58).png

Next I find the outfit that I want to convert. You may need to extract some nifs from the bsa containing the meshes like he shows in the video.

Screenshot (59).png

In Outfit Studio you should see the reference body and the outfit. Now you have to start using the tools to conform the outfit to the body. Some are easier to do than others.

Screenshot (61).png

First, find and delete the old skin or body from the project. It is the default vanilla body parts that show on the vanilla outfit. Don't delete the meat-caps or anything else!! Just the vanilla body parts like the arms or any skin around the neck. In the end the only body you should have is the CBBE.

Screenshot (65).png

Once you have the outfit fitting the body, then you need to choose all parts of the outfit and select from the sliders menu to conform selected, set base-shape, then conform all.

Screenshot (62).png

Once you have everything fitting the way you want it, then select all pieces of the outfit again and right- click on them and go to copy bone weights. This is what gives your outfits BnB physics if you had them installed.

Screenshot (63).png

Depending on how closely an outfit is to the body, you will need to adjust the search perimeters to copy everything. I usually increase this a little to make sure everything is copied.

Screenshot (64).png

After this you are ready to save the project. Save and close out BodySlide entirely. Now open it again and your new outfit should be ready to build. Note that this is still experimental and that not every outfit will work. Some will look really ugly when stretching the mesh and will need work in Blender to add more vertices. I am still working on the conversions, but, some are causing problems and will be ready later. Have fun!:classic_tongue:

11 minutes ago, DoodlyDangua said:

How do you select everything? And is there a way to modify .nifs in Outfit Studio? For example, I only want the belts and shoes of Caesar's armor.

Press control while you click each piece. Save the project first and then go back and either zap the parts you don't want or delete them. There are plenty of tutorials telling/showing how to do these things.

7 hours ago, DoodlyDangua said:

Posting this out of curiosity. Does anyone else crash when entering New Vegas? If so, is this mod to blame?

You have to test outfits when you convert them. A few will crash your game. That is why we are taking so long to make sure the conversions available are safe!:classic_wink: For some reason, my conversions never crash my game. A.J. has been fixing outfits that have been causing ctds for others.

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You have to test outfits when you convert them. A few will crash your game. That is why we are taking so long to make sure the conversions available are safe!:classic_wink: For some reason, my conversions never crash my game. A.J. has been fixing outfits that have been causing ctds for others.

It might be because I was trying to play on my Windows 10 PC. I don't think the Strip crashed for me on my Windows 7 PC.

10 hours ago, DoodlyDangua said:

Posting this out of curiosity. Does anyone else crash when entering New Vegas? If so, is this mod to blame?

Few posts ago it was reported that the prewar business wear nif causes CTD, I verified and it's right. I modified the OP with the temporary instruction to remove the mesh.

47 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Few posts ago it was reported that the prewar business wear nif causes CTD, I verified and it's right. I modified the OP with the temporary instruction to remove the mesh.

UPDATE: Any part of New Vegas was fine save for around Gomorrah. Now I am wondering if it was my nudified Prostitute outfits. While this is a possibility, I had no issue with the Atomic Wrangler crier. I am going to delete my nudified conversions and try the regular ones on my other PC once I'm on it this Spring Break.

On 3/2/2018 at 2:32 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

This is the video I watched last year to learn how to do conversions in BodySlide Outfit Studio. The same steps apply for FNV except you use the CBBE_NV-1 osp slider set as a reference- there is no conversion reference for vanilla to CBBE in FNV. You will have to use the tools to conform the outfit to the CBBE_NV-1 shape manually. This is easier than it sounds, I assure you. Here I am choosing the slider set I need to use to convert an outfit to CBBE.

Screenshot (58).png

Next I find the outfit that I want to convert. You may need to extract some nifs from the bsa containing the meshes like he shows in the video.

Screenshot (59).png

In Outfit Studio you should see the reference body and the outfit. Now you have to start using the tools to conform the outfit to the body. Some are easier to do than others.

Screenshot (61).png

First, find and delete the old skin or body from the project. It is the default vanilla body parts that show on the vanilla outfit. Don't delete the meat-caps or anything else!! Just the vanilla body parts like the arms or any skin around the neck. In the end the only body you should have is the CBBE.

Screenshot (65).png

Once you have the outfit fitting the body, then you need to choose all parts of the outfit and select from the sliders menu to conform selected, set base-shape, then conform all.

Screenshot (62).png

Once you have everything fitting the way you want it, then select all pieces of the outfit again and right- click on them and go to copy bone weights. This is what gives your outfits BnB physics if you had them installed.

Screenshot (63).png

Depending on how closely an outfit is to the body, you will need to adjust the search perimeters to copy everything. I usually increase this a little to make sure everything is copied.

Screenshot (64).png

After this you are ready to save the project. Save and close out BodySlide entirely. Now open it again and your new outfit should be ready to build. Note that this is still experimental and that not every outfit will work. Some will look really ugly when stretching the mesh and will need work in Blender to add more vertices. I am still working on the conversions, but, some are causing problems and will be ready later. Have fun!:classic_tongue:

Thank you KoolHndLuke for helping me out.

6 hours ago, vinh834 said:

Bodyslide isnt loading the textures, is there something I should check?

On the lower part of BS window, on the right of the Build button, you can find a Settings button.

If you click on it, a new window will open. Here, on the upper part check if BSA Textures is flagged, then on the middle/lower part "Data files" you will see the list of the BSA files, check that "Fallout - Textures.bsa" and "Fallout - Textures2.bsa" are flagged.

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

On the lower part of BS window, on the right of the Build button, you can find a Settings button.

If you click on it, a new window will open. Here, on the upper part check if BSA Textures is flagged, then on the middle/lower part "Data files" you will see the list of the BSA files, check that "Fallout - Textures.bsa" and "Fallout - Textures2.bsa" are flagged.

Thanks this fixed it. Bodyslide's file path was set to the main Fallout New Vegas folder and not the Data folder.