SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

On 12/7/2021 at 3:55 PM, liars_paradox said:

If you're super new (I don't blame you because I know some people who bought Skyrim AFTER AE came out), then you're not able to run it due to AE being incompatible with most mods here. SKSE updated to AE, but it will be a while before all the mod developers (assuming they're active) can update their mods.  

The creator of SexLab Framework is active, by the way, but there's no guarantee that your other mods will work when SexLab is updated. Most people in this forum turn off upgrades on Steam, but there's still a lot of people out there who haven't done that, and if you're one of them or you never had the old version, then you need to downgrade. 

I had this back and forth about downgrading Skyrim to an earlier version before AE. You have Steam DB, where you need to download three manifests or get this mod that does the patching for you. 

So everybody here don't play the anniversary edition huh ?

I did so many stuff to make it work properly and just failed for almost a fucking month.

I gotta see how I can downgrade it.

thanks budy

This is going to come off as elitist and mean-spirited, and I apologize for that, but I need to vent right now.

I can honestly say with 99% confidence, that all current versions of SexLab, LE/SE/AE, work exactly as intended. The problem isn't with sexlab, it's with your install method.

PapyrusUtil isn't broken, SexLabUtil isn't broken, sslSystemConfig isn't broken, the FNIS behavior files aren't broken. The framework itself, when properly up to date, is almost 100% certainly not the real cause of your CTD despite the fact that disabling it supposedly stops it. Your install and/or overwrites are broken. Or you have a different outdated mod triggering the issue

This whole AE update thing has really highlighted a few things for me. 

1. Just how many people simply don't get the basics of Skyrim modding.
  2. How shitty Vortex's dumb overwrite system is in the name of supposedly being "easy"
  3. How much people weirdly don't understand how stupidly simple and obvious MO2's overwrite system is by comparison.
  4. How much the previous 2 issues are the cause of 90% of the complaints in this thread.

I honestly just can't deal with support these days when it comes to Skryim mods... People seem to be frustratingly unwilling to follow so many basic modding guidelines. It makes me want to try to make an "idiots video guide to installing sexlab" but I'm so sure it'd be mostly ignored at this point that I don't think it'd be worth the effort.

48 minutes ago, Ashal said:

This is going to come off as elitist and mean-spirited, and I apologize for that, but I need to vent right now.

I can honestly say with 99% confidence, that all current versions of SexLab, LE/SE/AE, work exactly as intended. The problem isn't with sexlab, it's with your install method.

PapyrusUtil isn't broken, SexLabUtil isn't broken, sslSystemConfig isn't broken, the FNIS behavior files aren't broken. The framework itself, when properly up to date, is almost 100% certainly not the real cause of your CTD despite the fact that disabling it supposedly stops it. Your install and/or overwrites are broken. Or you have a different outdated mod triggering the issue

This whole AE update thing has really highlighted a few things for me. 

1. Just how many people simply don't get the basics of Skyrim modding.
  2. How shitty Vortex's dumb overwrite system is in the name of supposedly being "easy"
  3. How much people weirdly don't understand how stupidly simple and obvious MO2's overwrite system is by comparison.
  4. How much the previous 2 issues are the cause of 90% of the complaints in this thread.

I honestly just can't deal with support these days when it comes to Skryim mods... People seem to be frustratingly unwilling to follow so many basic modding guidelines. It makes me want to try to make an "idiots video guide to installing sexlab" but I'm so sure it'd be mostly ignored at this point that I don't think it'd be worth the effort.

Is your fault for rushing to move SL to AE. What's the point of a working SL if there are no mods to make use of it? Blaming old mods for not working with your framework is like Apple not supporting old software with their OS.

Also the Vortex fiasco is just the audience you courted, the people that tend to rush the AE update are not MO2 users, they know better.

59 minutes ago, swmas said:

Also the Vortex fiasco is just the audience you courted

What "Vortex fiasco?" Please describe specifically where/when this is posted so I can educate myself. Also, your inference that Vortex users are less intelligent than MO2 users is ignorant and wrong. And also, a textbook case of elitism.

While I disagree with his assessment of Vortex's "overwrite system" (like MO2, Vortex does not overwrite anything- it facilitates users resolving conflicts by setting priorities within its virtual installation on a whole-mod or individual file basis and is quite effective and intuitive to use) I have followed this whole AE fiasco fairly closely both here and on the Nexus, and I fail to see how Ashal has "courted" any particular audience. He (and OsmelMC) have diligently kept SL updated and working despite Beth's incessant game-breaking updates. The fact that many SL-dependent mods have not yet been updated to work with the new game versions, and/or SKSE64 and/or SexLab Framework is hardly his fault- that's like blaming Bill Gates because most Windows 3.1 apps won't run on Windows 11 machines.

And neither is it Ashal's fault that there are (apparently) hordes of noobs who know how to cry and ask for help but don't bother reading or learning anything about Bethesda Game Modding in general and SexLab modding in particular. This has been true since Fallout 3/Oblivion days, and will undoubtedly still be true 50 years from now.

There is simply no legitimate way to make this PEBCAK Pandemic Ashal's fault.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because she hadn't used Comic Sans MS font in several days
46 minutes ago, swmas said:

Is your fault for rushing to move SL to AE. What's the point of a working SL if there are no mods to make use of it? Blaming old mods for not working with your framework is like Apple not supporting old software with their OS.

Also the Vortex fiasco is just the audience you courted, the people that tend to rush the AE update are not MO2 users, they know better.

In what way did I rush to AE? AE and SE were both supported day 1 of the update to SL. Was I supposed to completely ignore AE and not support it just to spite the people who updated? An update most didn't specifically opt for and got automatically. The SE version is plainly available as well for those that didn't update. Not releasing an AE version would've just resulted in more complaints as people questioned why the SE build didn't work. 

And I'm not blaming old mods. I'm blaming peoples inability to recognize and troubleshoot basic overwrite/load order issues that has been around and explained for years now.

21 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

What "Vortex fiasco?" Please describe specifically where/when this is posted so I can educate myself. Also, your inference that Vortex users are less intelligent than MO2 users is ignorant and wrong. And also, a textbook case of elitism.

While I disagree with his assessment of Vortex's "overwrite system" (like MO2, Vortex does not overwrite anything- it facilitates users resolving conflicts by setting priorities within its virtual installation on a whole-mod or individual file basis and is quite effective and intuitive to use) I have followed this whole AE fiasco fairly closely both here and on the Nexus, and I fail to see how Ashal has "courted" any particular audience. He (and OsmelMC) have diligently kept SL updated and working despite Beth's incessant game-breaking updates. The fact that many SL-dependent mods have not yet been updated to work with the new game versions, and/or SKSE64 and/or SexLab framework is hardly his fault- that's like blaming Bill Gates because some Windows 3.1 apps won't run on Windows 11 machines.

And neither is it Ashal's fault that there are (apparently) hordes of noobs who know how to cry and ask for help but don't bother reading or learning anything about Bethesda Game Modding in general and SexLab modding in particular. This has been true since Fallout 3/Oblivion days, and will undoubtedly still be true 50 years from now. There is simply no legitimate way to make this PEBCAK pandemic Ashal's fault.

Vortex users are dumber.

21 minutes ago, Ashal said:

In what way did I rush to AE? AE and SE were both supported day 1 of the update to SL. Was I supposed to completely ignore AE and not support it just to spite the people who updated? An update most didn't specifically opt for and got automatically. The SE version is plainly available as well for those that didn't update. Not releasing an AE version would've just resulted in more complaints as people questioned why the SE build didn't work. 

And I'm not blaming old mods. I'm blaming peoples inability to recognize and troubleshoot basic overwrite/load order issues that has been around and explained for years now.

Exactly you should have not updated so soon if you didn't want this complication now deal with the consequences.

1 minute ago, swmas said:

Exactly you should have not updated so soon if you didn't want this complication now deal with the consequences.

You completely missed my point.

3 minutes ago, swmas said:

Vortex users are dumber.

This, I'll agree with.

1 hour ago, swmas said:

The upgrade problems aren't exclusively a SexLab thing: they're happening in the CBPC and DD threads, and r/skyrimmods is inundated with folks asking why stuff doesn't work.

If you want reasons why this AE upgrade thing is hurting so much, I've got four - and none of them are SexLab's fault.

1. The AE update came nearly two years after the last update. Everyone who joined Skyrim/LL in that time had no idea about these breaking updates, and they're going to be the ones asking/complaining most about this.

2. Even after two years, it's still an update. The process this time has been the same as it's been every other time before: wait for SKSE to update, wait for dependencies like Address Library and PapyrusUtil, wait for frameworks like SexLab and DD, then finally wait for individual mods. That's a bother for everyone.

3. AE hasn't really even been just the one update. We've had three updates to Skyrim in the last ~month, including AE, and we're going to receive a fourth soon (I was actually expecting it today). That's a lot of churn and people are tired of it, and when people are tired they bitch, and if they can't bitch at the people actually responsible then they're going to bitch at whoever is in range of their voice.

4. The stupid "Anniversary Edition" branding. It's a good marketing move on Bethesda's part but it's a fucking terrible thing for the modding community to have to live through, because now we have newbies asking whether mods are compatible with SE or AE, and as much as we'd like to answer "yes because they're the same fucking game", SKSE makes that not entirely true.

There's a ton of problems going on and we're all affected by it and yeah, it sucks. But SexLab trying to support AE sooner rather than later is not one of them.

Edited by tasairis
9 minutes ago, tasairis said:

4. The stupid "Anniversary Edition" branding. It's a good marketing move on Bethesda's part but it's a fucking terrible thing for the modding community to have to live through, because now we have newbies asking whether mods are compatible with SE or AE, and as much as we'd like to answer "yes because they're the same fucking game", SKSE makes that not entirely true.

This has been my biggest annoyance. There's not a small number of people who seem to think they are still using "SE" despite updating to Skyrim v1.6.x+ just because they haven't bought the AE content upgrade on Steam. We should've just kept calling it all SE and ignored the AE dlc distinction.

2 hours ago, Ashal said:

It makes me want to try to make an "idiots video guide to installing sexlab" but I'm so sure it'd be mostly ignored at this point that I don't think it'd be worth the effort.

we already have a few of those around, and yes sadly they are.

2 hours ago, swmas said:

Is your fault for rushing to move SL to AE. What's the point of a working SL if there are no mods to make use of it?

On the contrary, it is one of the core mods that MUST be updated first, as soon as feasible, or the mods dependent on it can't update.

The problem is all the new users who don't understand how the updates break things and don't even know what version they are on. Or, as Ashal said, understand even the basics of troubleshooting and how to put together their own mod list.

59 minutes ago, swmas said:

Are you serious? You are trying to blame Ashal for the Skyrim AE update problems?

Ashal do well on release the AE version of the SexLab, and by the way, was and is working fine.

Any problem is caused by users not following instructions or Skyrim AE updates. Both reasons are beyond our control.

PS: Nobody force you to update SexLab, this is always being optional. Also if you really care about, you can contribute as BETA tester for the GitHub version or with your own fixes if you have the knowledge. But of course is easier point fingers and trolling others!

I have a set of beds that I've set on a switch to enable and disable them at will in a room. I'm not sure if it's my setting or something but I can't get the NPCs to use the newly enabled beds even if I have Always use beds set.

Does it have to do with the beds being disabled and enabled or is it something else? Can I add something to the Disable/Enable Script to fix this or is this just a 'me' issue?

5 minutes ago, OsmelMC said:

Are you serious? You are trying to blame Ashal for the Skyrim AE update problems?

Ashal do well on release the AE version of the SexLab, and by the way, was and is working fine.

Any problem is caused by users not following instructions or Skyrim AE updates. Both reasons are beyond our control.

PS: Nobody force you to update SexLab, this is always being optional. Also if you really care about, you can contribute as BETA tester for the GitHub version or with your own fixes if you have the knowledge. But of course is easier point fingers and trolling others!

Nobody forces you to update Skyrim either.

Ps: Get over yourself, you did nothing that I would consider useful. And don't call me a troll just cause you don't like what I say.

18 minutes ago, zarantha said:

On the contrary, it is one of the core mods that MUST be updated first, as soon as feasible, or the mods dependent on it can't update.

The problem is all the new users who don't understand how the updates break things and don't even know what version they are on. Or, as Ashal said, understand even the basics of troubleshooting and how to put together their own mod list.

No you update when ready. And don't make other people update by saying you stopped support for the SE version and giving them false hope when seeing SL is available for AE while nothing else works.

Is rich coming from you though, holding on to the update to DD like it's no tomorrow. Follow your own advice and release it faster.

8 minutes ago, BitterBlue said:

I have a set of beds that I've set on a switch to enable and disable them at will in a room. I'm not sure if it's my setting or something but I can't get the NPCs to use the newly enabled beds even if I have Always use beds set.

Does it have to do with the beds being disabled and enabled or is it something else? Can I add something to the Disable/Enable Script to fix this or is this just a 'me' issue?

Are they custom beds? SexLab uses FormLists to identify valid beds, so if they're not in that then it won't use them.

Also note that SexLab only searches within 1000 units (~50ft or four 256x256 squares) to find a bed, which isn't actually that far.

Don't blame each other. This mess is out of your resonsibility. 

In this situation, one needs one thing, patience. 

Trying to clean this mess up, will lead to frustation. One needs to wait, until the dust settles down.

Making a mod, you got an idea, have the "plan" in your head. Fixing for an update is more difficult.

You have to fight against yourself, recall the"plan", unwillingly start to fix. This with the knowledge, it

will be messed up again, soon. 

Show patience, my sisters and brothers in arms :)

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=brothers+in+arms&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjhdFe3evXpk

Edited by Tlam99
39 minutes ago, swmas said:

No you update when ready. And don't make other people update by saying you stopped support for the SE version and giving them false hope when seeing SL is available for AE while nothing else works.

Is rich coming from you though, holding on to the update to DD like it's no tomorrow. Follow your own advice and release it faster.

No, mod authors update ahead of everyone else, so users can update later when the choose.

It is on the users to make the decision on when to update.

And as the SexLab SE version is still available on the download page, no one is forced to update until they are ready.

And as a matter of fact, i'm working on beta 3 at this moment since it was released just today, and the AE DLL will be available in that version, as well as the SE DLL. My hold up is waiting on releases from the original mod author. I only convert. 

So yeah, I'm really holding back here. All I'm holding back on is keeping dlls from being scattered throughout the thread. Been through that once, so yes, I will prevent it from occurring again if i can. Having multiple loose versions of a dll in a thread is very confusing. We don't have to add to it.

1 hour ago, swmas said:

Nobody forces you to update Skyrim either.

Ps: Get over yourself, you did nothing that I would consider useful. And don't call me a troll just cause you don't like what I say.

I'm don't update Skyrim. In fact I still using the SE version and yo can probably do the same since the official v1.63 for SE is on the downloads too.

I call you troll because is what you are doing on your last 5 comments. If you don't help, say nothing useful and just make hurtful comments; that's is called Troll!

Q: You're a Vigilant of MO2durr?
A: Yes. Our order was founded after the Nexus Mod Manager Crisis. We dedicate our lives to facing the threat of heretical modders wherever they appear.

Q: Who's MO2durr?
A: He is the God of Modding. The patron of order and justice for all of Skyrim. We bring his compassion where none can be found, by cleansing all those who would offend his children.

Q: You hunt heretical modders?
A: And any other abominations that prey on gullible gamers. Nexus Mod Manager. Vortex. But the Vortex users are the worst. Their callous disregard for our lives is abhorrent in the eyes of the God of Modding.

Q: What's dangerous about Vortex?
A: It is a profane program with no hope of redemption. It lures innocents to their deaths and corrupts the save games of all they touch. And their heretical hardlink deployment inflates your MFT uncontrollably. Vortex must be destroyed or guarded to prevent temptation.

2 hours ago, chamber131 said:

where can i get older versions of this?

Go to the 1st page and look at the 2nd post, with the comment "Backup of original 1st post.".  Expand the hidden stuff.  At the bottom of the post is 1.63b9.  If you want older, look a little further down and expand the hidden area under "Old version:".