SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

5 minutes ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

So basically from what I can see the problem is that when installing Papyrus, SKSE and the framework with Mo2 it doesnt create the SKSE/Plugins directory. Doing it manually and putting the contents in also does nothing

From what little to nothing that I know about MO2 usage, you're using it incorrectly to install your mods.  What you're doing wrong, however, I can't say.  Vortex heretic here.  Insert RTFM-style response here.

Edited by 4nk8r
1 hour ago, Lumipo said:

So I'm confused as hell.

If you'd like to know why you're confused, Google "skyrim anniversary edition". It's been going on for a month now and not a lot of people have the patience to repeat the same things you can find out on your own with a few minutes of work.

3 hours ago, tasairis said:

If you'd like to know why you're confused, Google "skyrim anniversary edition". It's been going on for a month now and not a lot of people have the patience to repeat the same things you can find out on your own with a few minutes of work.

Reading is so overrated.

8 hours ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

I did, tried to remove Papyrus and reinstall it, but the issue stays

I also had everything working with Skyrim AE 1.6.323 and SLF v1.64b

With the Skyrim AE 1.6.342 update and the updated SKSE, Address Library, Papyrus Utils, I CTD on startup. 

Disabling SLF 1.64b allows Skyrim to load, but, of course, my saves don't work.

I found that loading the 1.63b SLF allows Skyrim to start and I can load my saves.  Of course, I get an error and SLF behaves oddly, but at least the game works and I can play.

It seems that either something is odd with SLF 1.64B and Skyrim AE 1.6.342, or some other mod is causing these issues.

(Or it's just user error).

Edited by atomicushi
10 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

From what little to nothing that I know about MO2 usage, you're using it incorrectly to install your mods.  What you're doing wrong, however, I can't say.  Vortex heretic here.  Insert RTFM-style response here.

I guessed as much, though I really dont have an idea wha exactly is wrong.

both the Address Library and Papyrus just state to install it using a mod manager, which I did. Beyond that my modding knowledge is not that great if im honest

3 hours ago, atomicushi said:

I also had everything working with Skyrim AE 1.6.323 and SLF v1.64b

With the Skyrim AE 1.6.342 update and the updated SKSE, Address Library, Papyrus Utils, I CTD on startup. 

Disabling SLF 1.64b allows Skyrim to load, but, of course, my saves don't work.

I found that loading the 1.63b SLF allows Skyrim to start and I can load my saves.  Of course, I get an error and SLF behaves oddly, but at least the game works and I can play.

It seems that either something is odd with SLF 1.64B and Skyrim AE 1.6.342, or some other mod is causing these issues.

(Or it's just user error).

Me too, 1.6.323 works with SL1.63, but not 1.64b (CTD on startup). WIth SL1.63, it shows error after loading a saved game, but at least it works. I tried 1.64b before it is updated and it also works, maybe some issue with the new 1.64b? 

3 hours ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

both the Address Library and Papyrus just state to install it using a mod manager, which I did. Beyond that my modding knowledge is not that great if im honest

Tried to install it with Vortex aswell, same result. Vortex did create the directories other then MO2, though again it shows ingame that the dll is missing or outdated. And yes I checked like 5 times already, I do have the newest version of everything

4 hours ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

I see your particular situation frequently mentioned in these forums.  I've tried asking for MO2 advice (another topic thread, not this one) about what step users seem to be missing.  The only response I got back at the time was from one of the unfortunate Vigilants of MO2durr.  They just acted hostile, claimed there was no extra step and accused me of trying to fish for flaws about or discredit MO2 in some way.  Nobody else made a comment, so I gave up and moved along.  I'm vehemently not interested in trying out MO2 myself enough to determine what this tripping point might be, so I wish you good fortune in learning how to correct it.  I ask that when you do find out, please drop back by and let me know what you learned so I can pass along that nugget of wisdom to the next unfortunate MO2 acolyte that comes seeking that advice.  Cheers.

Edited by 4nk8r
9 minutes ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

Tried to install it with Vortex aswell, same result. Vortex did create the directories other then MO2, though again it shows ingame that the dll is missing or outdated. And yes I checked like 5 times already, I do have the newest version of everything

What game version are you attempting to use?  1.5.97 or 1.6.343?  There's so much going on right now it is easy to get it all mixed up and try the wrong versions, or not know that some DLLs aren't available on the Nexus yet (due to being "preliminary" versions vs full releases).  And pay walls, etc.

2 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

I see your particular situation frequently mentioned in these forums.  I've tried asking for MO2 advice (another topic thread, not this one) about what step users seem to be missing.  The only response I got back at the time was from one of the unfortunate Vigilants of MO2durr.  They just acted hostile, claimed there was no extra step and accused me of trying to fish for flaws about or discredit MO2 in some way.  Nobody else made a comment, so I gave up and moved along.  I'm vehemently not interested in trying to out MO2 myself enough to determine what this tripping point might be, so I wish you good fortune in learning how to correct it.  I ask that when you do find out, please drop back by and let me know what you learned so I can pass along that nugget of wisdom to the next unfortunate MO2 acolyte that comes seeking that advice.  Cheers.

no worries man, I appriciate the effort. Even though the thing with MO2 not creating directories is definitely a reason why it wouldnt work, after installing the mods with Vortex (which did create the directories) it still gave me the message that the SexLab.dll is missing or outdated. The dll file is in the right folder and papyrus seems to work perfectly fine aswell so i'm really clueless at this point

1 minute ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

no worries man, I appriciate the effort. Even though the thing with MO2 not creating directories is definitely a reason why it wouldnt work, after installing the mods with Vortex (which did create the directories) it still gave me the message that the SexLab.dll is missing or outdated. The dll file is in the right folder and papyrus seems to work perfectly fine aswell so i'm really clueless at this point

At a minimum, take tasairis' advice and uninstall/delete Sexlab 1.64b, including the zip you downloaded, and download it from here again.  There was a brief window of time when it had a flaw and it was corrected without a version change.

19 minutes ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

I did that 15 minutes ago, and the problem still exists

Install the 4.2 version of PapyrusUtils from Nexusmods.  It should overwrite the version from Sexlab 1.64b.  Make sure you have no other Sexlab framework installs from previous versions lingering around.  Confirm there aren't any loose versions of anything in your game folder, as well, including anything in the data/skse/plugins folder.  Don't mix Vortex and MO2 usage together on the same game install.  It will be a mess.  Only do that if you have 2 separate installs/copies of the game on disk for use with either manager.

With Vortex, make sure you perform the deployment step.  I'm still using 1.5.97 and 1.63 Sexlab, so I don't have any exposure to the gaming experience, but the version of SexlabUtil.dll include with 1.64b is definitely the right version for it.

If you're going to use Vortex, make sure you have a clean starting point, do a purge 1st, examine your game folder to make sure that you have nothing in your data/skse/plugins folder, except maybe a "__folder_managed_by_vortex" file.  If there is anything in there, delete it.  Deploy again afterwards.  Also, don't install 1 version of Sexlab Framework over top another one.  Disabled is fine, but don't have more than 1 version Enabled at any one time.

Regardless of either mod manager, don't install any loose files in the game folder, except ENB and SKSE64...and then only when using MO2.  Vortex has capabilities of installing both ENB and SKSE64 via the mod manager, though it takes a couple of steps to do it correctly.  You should be able to find wiki articles or a YT video on these steps.  You'll need to do some folder tweaking in the Staging folders to get the ENB binaries installed the right way, but SKSE64 should just drop right in as-is.

Edited by 4nk8r
29 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

Install the 4.2 version of PapyrusUtils from Nexusmods.  It should overwrite the version from Sexlab 1.64b.  Make sure you have no other Sexlab framework installs from previous versions lingering around.  Confirm there aren't any loose versions of anything in your game folder, as well, including anything in the data/skse/plugins folder.  Don't mix Vortex and MO2 usage together on the same game install.  It will be a mess.  Only do that if you have 2 separate installs/copies of the game on disk for use with either manager.

With Vortex, make sure you perform the deployment step.  I'm still using 1.5.97 and 1.63 Sexlab, so I don't have any exposure to the gaming experience, but the version of SexlabUtil.dll include with 1.64b is definitely the right version for it.

If you're going to use Vortex, make sure you have a clean starting point, do a purge 1st, examine your game folder to make sure that you have nothing in your data/skse/plugins folder, except maybe a "__folder_managed_by_vortex" file.  If there is anything in there, delete it.  Deploy again afterwards.  Also, don't install 1 version of Sexlab Framework over top another one.  Disabled is fine, but don't have more than 1 version Enabled at any one time.

Regardless of either mod manager, don't install any loose files in the game folder, except ENB and SKSE64...and then only when using MO2.  Vortex has capabilities of installing both ENB and SKSE64 via the mod manager, though it takes a couple of steps to do it correctly.  You should be able to find wiki articles or a YT video on these steps.  You'll need to do some folder tweaking in the Staging folders to get the ENB binaries installed the right way, but SKSE64 should just drop right in as-is.

I even reinstalled the entire game from steam and started fresh, with SKSE64 and all mods. I only used Vortex now, but it still only says that the dll is missing

6 minutes ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

I even reinstalled the entire game from steam and started fresh, with SKSE64 and all mods. I only used Vortex now, but it still only says that the dll is missing

You're launching the game via SKSE64 launcher?  After the game starts and the menu is loaded, open the console and type:

skse

and then hit ENTER.  What does it say?

Edited by 4nk8r
typos
10 minutes ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

3 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

You're launching the game via SKSE64 launcher?  After the game starts and the menu is loaded, open the console and type:

skse

and then hit ENTER.  What does it say?

If you just did a file verify via Steam, it didn't delete any extra files that might have been lingering around in the Data folder.  It only made sure the game files themselves were correct.  Make sure the game folder is being deleted and the Data folder is completely gone to make sure you have a true clean install of the game.

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

If you just did a file verify via Steam, it didn't delete any extra files that might have been lingering around in the Data folder.  It only made sure the game files themselves were correct.  Make sure the game folder is being deleted and the Data folder is completely gone to make sure you have a true clean install of the game.

I now tried to delete anything skyrim related from my PC and start from scratch with completely fresh downloads of everything, and, you guessed it, its still there.

I mean I must be doing something wrong obviously, but I really dont see the point where I fucked up

Edited by Yeet2electricboogaloo