SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

2 hours ago, atomicushi said:

I can confirm that after deleting and re-downloading 1.64b, everything is working.

Be sure to confirm that the PapyrusUtil.dll from the new Papyrus Utils overwrites the PapyrusUtil.dll that comes with 1.64b. 

Yes I made sure its replaced, both are freshly downloaded.

My current guess is that I did something wrong installing Papyrus or the Adress Library. I just installed them like any other mod, and set them to be loaded before the framework and the other mods

3 hours ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

I now tried to delete anything skyrim related from my PC and start from scratch with completely fresh downloads of everything, and, you guessed it, its still there.

I mean I must be doing something wrong obviously, but I really dont see the point where I fucked up

Is your Vortex staging folder on the same drive letter as your Skyrim SE/AE install?  That is critical for hardlink deployment to function.  If not, it is doing a file copy on deploy, like Nexus Mod Manager does.

If you have the bandwidth to spare on another install, do a mod purge via Vortex, then close it.  If you have the disk space to spare, find the valve/steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/ folder and rename it.  If not, delete.  Ask Steam to verify your install and it should download everything again.  It might still have local cache copies of the last install/verification, so maybe it doesn't need to download much...not sure.  After the validate/install is complete, open the game folder and make sure it is virgin before trying to install any mods.  The Data folder of a virgin install should only contain a Videos subfolder , the core game plugins, their INIs and BSAs.

After you have your virgin install, start Vortex again and deploy mods.  Open the Game folder and your Staging Sexlab 1.64 folder.  Compare the data/skse/plugin/sexlabutil.dll files between staging and the game folder using this.  If the files don't match, then I don't know what the hell is going on with your system.

3 hours ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

SKSE64 version: 2.1.4 release idx 66, runtime 01061560

Good

Edited by 4nk8r
6 minutes ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

My current guess is that I did something wrong installing Papyrus or the Adress Library. I just installed them like any other mod, and set them to be loaded before the framework and the other mods

From a Vortex file conflict perspective, PapyrusUtils should be AFTER Sexlab Framework.  PapyrusUtils doesn't have a plugin file to load before or after in a load order context.  Address Library shouldn't have any files in conflict with either PapyrusUtils or Sexlab, so before/after has no context.  If you're talking MO2, I can't help you.

11 minutes ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

From a MO2 perspective, papyrus utils should also be after sexlab. papyrus utils should not be overwritten by anything. If you toggle the conflicts column, both lightning bolts should have pluses. Address Library doesn't matter since it doesn't conflict with anything.

image.png.77708da6863bf521205a7eb5b18ada6e.png

There are no special install steps in MO2. 

6 hours ago, Yeet2electricboogaloo said:

Vortex did create the directories other then MO2, though again it shows ingame that the dll is missing or outdated. And yes I checked like 5 times already, I do have the newest version of everything

You mention MO2 doesn't create the SKSE\Plugins folder... now, where do you expect MO2 to create said folders? Because they're part of the file you download. And they're there when you install the mod, along with the dll for Sexlab. And given the fact you get the same result with Vortex, I'd look into other factors here, such as antivirus or other programs removing or preventing the dll from being where it should be at game launch.

48 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

From a Vortex file conflict perspective, PapyrusUtils should be AFTER Sexlab Framework.  PapyrusUtils doesn't have a plugin file to load before or after in a load order context.  Address Library shouldn't have any files in conflict with either PapyrusUtils or Sexlab, so before/after has no context.  If you're talking MO2, I can't help you.

Seconded.  PapyrusUtils should load after ALL conflicts.

8 hours ago, JakeFF said:

During the animation, the characters have no emotions, I turned all the sliders, but it didn't help. How to solve it?!

Depends on what version of things you're using.  Expressions need a version of Racemenu and MFG FIX mods that match your game/SKSE64 version.

13 hours ago, umcreiger said:

having an weird issue. it seems like vanilla characters will strip, then instantly put their clothes on during a sex scene, but modded npc strip regularly. I've tried a few things but ran out of options. cant find a mod that effects this

Are you using any mods that control inventory/outfit assignments, or add items dynamically?  With vanilla game behavior, if an item is added to an NPC's inventory, the NPC will try to equip that item as well as whatever other equipment they still have in their inventory.  Not sure if any of this is applicable to your situation.  Just identifying possibilities.

Edited by 4nk8r
clarification
24 minutes ago, twillinator1 said:

is the November SexLabFrameworkSE_v163 version better than the "SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8"?

The DLL's have a few extra features used by the code and debug mode is off by default in the non-beta.  If you're upgrading, you're likely to have a rough experience.  Changes in the included PapyrusUtil.dll seemed to mess up quite a few mods that use it for many people that tried to upgrade.  YMMV.  New game may be required for best experience.

Edited by 4nk8r
1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

Depends on what version of things you're using.  Expressions need a version of Racemenu and MFG FIX mods that match your game/SKSE64 version.

Are you using any mods that control inventory/outfit assignments, or add items dynamically?  With vanilla game behavior, if an item is added to an NPC's inventory, the NPC will try to equip that item as well as whatever other equipment they still have in their inventory.  Not sure if any of this is applicable to your situation.  Just identifying possibilities.

i disabled every mod that does this. unfortunately it didnt work. its not too big of a deal because i usually kill the person im in animation with with the sl deadly drain, so i just use command removeallitems on the victim, but its still kinda annoying. appreciate the suggestion though

3 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Зависит от того, какую версию вещей вы используете. Вам нужна версия модов Racemenu и MFG FIX, которые соответствуют вашей версии игры/SKSE64.

Используете ли вы какие-либо моды, которые управляют назначениями инвентаря/снаряжения или динамически добавляют предметы? С ванильным игровым поведением, если предмет добавляется в инвентарь NPC, NPC попытается оснастить этот предмет, а также любое другое оборудование, которое у них все еще есть в инвентаре. Не уверен, применимо ли что-либо из этого к вашей ситуации. Просто определяю возможности.

I'm using Preliminary AE build 2.1.4

1 hour ago, JakeFF said:

I'm using Preliminary AE build 2.1.4

MFG FIX (1.60)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11669/

Which also needs the latest Address Library for AE (also needed by Sexlab Framework 1.64b):

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

I thought Racemenu was related to expression control, but apparently not.  Just the above mods.  Still, most people use Racemenu, so here's the link to the update for AE (not on Nexus yet):

https://www.patreon.com/posts/racemenu-0-4-19-59959475

Edit: Keep watch on this thread for AE updated mods:

Edited by 4nk8r
46 minutes ago, Tokyoghoul67 said:

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I uploaded the SexLabFrame IAW the instructions provided but it doesn't work or I can't seem to get it to work. Am I doing something wrong?

MO2 Installs.JPG

GenerateFNISforUsers SE XXL.lnk 3.56 kB · 1 download GenerateFNISforUsers SE.lnk 3.34 kB · 0 downloads

Not sure why you sent the shortcuts to your FNIS EXE files.  I'm not familiar with MO2, so I'm going to be of little help other than to point out versions you might need...though it looks like you actually need to have Address Library, Racemenu and Sexlab also "checked" on the left hand column?  Looks like you have the free AE CC content, so you're trying to play the latest AE update (1.6.342).  You might need to learn a bit more of how to use MO2 properly:

Latest Address Library for AE (needed by Sexlab Framework 1.64b):

Racemenu for AE (not on Nexus yet):

Can't tell what version of Sexlab that is, but visit the 1st page of this thread to find the link for 1.64b.

As for the rest of anything you might need, visit the link below to help you keep track of critical AE-related updates.

20 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

Not sure why you sent the shortcuts to your FNIS EXE files.  I'm not familiar with MO2, so I'm going to be of little help other than to point out versions you might need...though it looks like you actually need to have Address Library, Racemenu and Sexlab also "checked" on the left hand column?  Looks like you have the free AE CC content, so you're trying to play the latest AE update (1.6.342).  You might need to learn a bit more of how to use MO2 properly:

Latest Address Library for AE (needed by Sexlab Framework 1.64b):

Racemenu for AE (not on Nexus yet):

Can't tell what version of Sexlab that is, but visit the 1st page of this thread to find the link for 1.64b.

As for the rest of anything you might need, visit the link below to help you keep track of critical AE-related updates.

Well first off, thanks for the reply. Second, I'm computer stupid... When I downloaded the MO2 and installed the mods it put them somewhere which I thought was the correct place. I downloaded all of the mods from the SexLabFeamework page and it's version 163v which is the latest I guess from the individual who created it. One is labeled AE and one is labeled SE. I went with the SE mod because I believed that it was for the Special Edition of Skyrim (correct?). When I installed Sky, Race, FNIS and All in one from that page into MO2 then installed onto my comp it sent it to the left side of MO2. I found the FNIS file in the mods folder which has the address library/racemenu/sexlab/skyui and deleted both the FNIS and SexLab folder from there (I hope I was correct on doing that). I did the tutorial on MO2 but it doesn't show how to add the SexLab or FNIS to the Data folder. It just gave the basics on how to add from Nexus and that's it... I guess you just have to be a computer whiz for this type of gaming huh???

Just curious if this is a problem or not. Everything works fine but sometimes I encounter this interesting situation of being teleported over bleakwind basin during a sex scene and one of two things happen after. Either A) be teleported to the ground when finished as my partner falls to their death (unless essential) B) We both fall to our death (unless they're essential).

I found people saying just clean system in sexlab. Alright well it crashed when finished so I look around find only 1 post about this saying use some engine fixes, did that still crash after it finishes. PapyrusUtiDev.log had this one error I noticed

JSON Loading: Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/../SexLab/SuppressedAnimations.json
JSON: File does not exist, init empty root object...
JSON Loading: Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/../SexLab/SexLabOffsetsDefault.json
JSON Loading: Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/../SexLab/SexLabOffsets.json

Not a clue what to do about that or if I need to but if this is fine then what are some alternatives to getting around falling to our death as funny as it was the first few times I had this happen. Starting to character and installing sexlab during that period has no issues if that helps at all.

I updated Sexlab to the latest SE version and 5 mins into a scene, Skyrim SE crashes. Recreated the event and keeps doing it in the same location. I am seeing if it is because of PapyrusUtil.dll from PapyrusUtil SE which is higher up in my load order. Will update post if that doesn't fix the issue. Wasn't having this problem using Sexlab Framework 1.63 Beta 9, so not sure what to do

4 hours ago, agmoyer955 said:

over bleakwind basin during

coc, if function could not get position.

My guess on this, animation started right before quick travel or right after.

Later one can be then script lag after quick travel. (loading huge new textures, different skins etc)

Or just global script lag.

Possibly an if cell = 0,0,0, wait 1 and get cell again would be a solution ?

Edited by Tlam99
1 hour ago, agmoyer955 said:

JSON Loading: Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/../SexLab/SuppressedAnimations.json

JSON Loading: Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/../SexLab/SexLabOffsetsDefault.json
JSON Loading: Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/../SexLab/SexLabOffsets.json

Make sure that Skyrim and all modding tools are installed outside of Program Files and other protected areas of the file system, such as Documents, Downloads, Desktop, etc.

Configure exclusions in any anti-virus app for the game folder, any folders containing modding tools, and the MO2 instance folder or Vortex staging folder. After adding new exclusions, completely uninstall and reinstall any affected mods like, in this case, SexLab Framework and PapyrusUtil.

2 hours ago, Tokyoghoul67 said:

Well first off, thanks for the reply. Second, I'm computer stupid... When I downloaded the MO2 and installed the mods it put them somewhere which I thought was the correct place. I downloaded all of the mods from the SexLabFeamework page and it's version 163v which is the latest I guess from the individual who created it. One is labeled AE and one is labeled SE. I went with the SE mod because I believed that it was for the Special Edition of Skyrim (correct?). When I installed Sky, Race, FNIS and All in one from that page into MO2 then installed onto my comp it sent it to the left side of MO2. I found the FNIS file in the mods folder which has the address library/racemenu/sexlab/skyui and deleted both the FNIS and SexLab folder from there (I hope I was correct on doing that). I did the tutorial on MO2 but it doesn't show how to add the SexLab or FNIS to the Data folder. It just gave the basics on how to add from Nexus and that's it... I guess you just have to be a computer whiz for this type of gaming huh???

MO2 requires strict adherence to how it does its thing or you will suffer pain and frustration attempting to use it with all the other 3rd party utilities required to correctly mod Skyrim.  I find its rigid requirements too pedantic for the loose way I've adopted in modding my game, but then I've been at this since Oblivion was current and I've never been one for rigid structure when I can manage without it.  I'm reasonably computer savvy, and I understand the main goal of MO2's methods is to keep your game folder as pristine as possible, but adherence to its methods is a higher price than I'm willing to accommodate.  I chafe under its yoke.  I view it as the Devious Devices of mod managers, and bondage ain't my kink.  As such, I have taken steps with how I do things to mitigate my sloppy ways.

Perhaps Vortex is more your speed?  Works fine for my purposes, though I'm far from a purist even with that utility.

1 hour ago, Dmetal2001 said:

I updated Sexlab to the latest SE version and 5 mins into a scene, Skyrim SE crashes. Recreated the event and keeps doing it in the same location. I am seeing if it is because of PapyrusUtil.dll from PapyrusUtil SE which is higher up in my load order. Will update post if that doesn't fix the issue. Wasn't having this problem using Sexlab Framework 1.63 Beta 9, so not sure what to do

Too many things have been changing recently in even the 1.63 branch (which is apparently EOL now that the 1.64 AE branch is a thing) to gracefully upgrade between Sexlab versions.  Changes in papyrusutil.dll, used by more mods than just Sexlab, seem to create too much change in existing save games.  Move to 1.63 (no beta) and start a new game, or go back to a good save using the version that last worked for you and wait out the AE update storm we're weathering right now.

18 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

MO2 requires strict adherence to how it does its thing or you will suffer pain and frustration attempting to use it with all the other 3rd party utilities required to correctly mod Skyrim.  I find its rigid requirements too pedantic for the loose way I've adopted in modding my game, but then I've been at this since Oblivion was current and I've never been one for rigid structure when I can manage without it.  I'm reasonably computer savvy, and I understand the main goal of MO2's methods is to keep your game folder as pristine as possible, but adherence to its methods is a higher price than I'm willing to accommodate.  I chafe under its yoke.  I view it as the Devious Devices of mod managers, and bondage ain't my kink.  As such, I have taken steps with how I do things to mitigate my sloppy ways.

Perhaps Vortex is more your speed?  Works fine for my purposes, though I'm far from a purist even with that utility.

Which one would you recommend? the top one or the bottom one (custom install location)?

42 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Make sure that Skyrim and all modding tools are installed outside of Program Files and other protected areas of the file system, such as Documents, Downloads, Desktop, etc.

Configure exclusions in any anti-virus app for the game folder, any folders containing modding tools, and the MO2 instance folder or Vortex staging folder. After adding new exclusions, completely uninstall and reinstall any affected mods like, in this case, SexLab Framework and PapyrusUtil.

The game's settings are saved in documents by default. I used steam to install my games to my external SSD. Mod tools are installed on that drive as well as Vortex's folders except game application data folder (has the files loadorder.txt Plugins.sseviewsettings plugins.txt) which is in appdata.

Anti-virus app would just be windows security which typically pops up a notification if it thinks there is a problem telling me it blocked something. I've never messed with adding exclusions to that so I wouldn't even know how for a specific folder.

I read sexlab framework has papyrus built in, not sure if that is true so should I install that separate or leave it the way it is? If it helps I am using downgraded SSE to 1.5.97.0 I also made sure to use the correct sexlab framework for SE.

If reinstalling sexlab framework is the solution then what is the best way to install this because I just drop it in vortex, install and enable which automatically deploys after that.