SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

On 6/3/2020 at 11:41 AM, Mammaluigi9433 said:

cant get this to work with vr it wont install at all probably off topic just stuck im lost

I got VR working very well using the following guide:

After you get that downloaded and the right patch that they have listed there, it should be fine. Also best experienced with VRIK and its patch (should also be listed in there somewhere). Also make sure you get the VR versions of Papyrus, FNIS, etc. from the Nexus!

14 hours ago, HoRush said:

Guys, my game keep saying that i have the wrong SKSE version, but i already download the latest SKSE

https://imgur.com/TNCkg1T

Either you improperly installed SKSE64 or you correctly installed the wrong version (an Oldrim version, perhaps, or an older SSE version.) Here's my boilerplate on installing SKSE64:

Spoiler

Installing SKSE64 with Vortex or Manually

NOTE- To install SKSE64 manually, follow Steps 2 & 3, extract the 7z archive to your desktop, then do Step 7, Skip 8 & 9 because the archive already has a Data folder there with the Scripts in it, do Step 10 and finally paste the copied Data folder + 3 files into your Skyrim Special Edition folder (NOT the Data folder!)

1. Launch Vortex and wait for it to load and stabilize

2. Download the correct version of SKSE64
Game  / SKSE64
1.5.97 / 2.0.17 (Current versions as of November 20, 2019)
1.5.80 / 2.0.16
1.5.73 / 2.0.15
1.5.62 / 2.0.12
1.5.53 / 2.0.10
1.5.50 / 2.0.8
1.5.39 / 2.0.7
1.5.23 / 2.0.6
1.5.16 / 2.0.5
1.5.03 / 2.0.4

3. Save the downloaded SKSE64 7z archive anywhere you can easily find again, such as your desktop

4. Drag the SKSE64 7z archive into the "Drop Files" area at the bottom of Vortex's Mods pane

5. Click to "Install" the archive and wait while Vortex unpacks the archive, but do not allow it to enable or deploy the mod

6. Right-click the extracted SKSE64 mod in Vortex's Mods pane and click "Open in File Manager"
SKSE2.JPG

7. Double-click to open the archive's folder named the same as the archive itself- "skse64_2_00_xx" where "xx" is the last 2 digits of the version number

8. Right-Click and select "New" and "Folder." Name the new folder "Data."

9. Move (Drag & Drop) the archive's existing "Scripts" folder into the new "Data" folder

10 Ignore the "src" folder and the 2 txt files and multi-select (Ctrl+Click) the archive's Data folder and 3 files - two dll's and one exe - and Copy them (Ctrl+C)
49156178033_e8bfd17751_o.png

11. Move up one level to the top level of the 7z archive and paste (Ctrl+V) the folder and 3 files into the top level of the 7z archive

12. Confirm that you have a Data folder plus 2 dll's and 1 exe file in the top level of the 7z archive, then delete the "skse64_2_00_xx" folder and close the 7z archive file (click the red X-square in the top-right corner of the File Manager window) and Vortex will save the new archive

13. Double-click the mod in Vortex's Mods display to open the Mod Details pane- you can edit the name, version, category etc. but it is not required

14. Click the right side of the "Mod Type" dropdown to open it, then select "dinput"
49470999642_056ff8eec4_o.png

15. Enable and Deploy SKSE64 to complete the installation into your game, secure in the knowledge that it will be child's play when it comes time to uninstall it for a future version change

Credits: Nexus Mods Vortex Wiki, my own screenshots and my own experience actually doing it successfully.

8 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Either you improperly installed SKSE64 or you correctly installed the wrong version (an Oldrim version, perhaps, or an older SSE version.) Here's my bolerplate on installing SKSE64:

Reveal hidden contents

Installing SKSE64 with Vortex or Manually

NOTE- To install SKSE64 manually, follow Steps 2 & 3, extract the 7z archive to your desktop, then do Step 7, Skip 8 & 9 because the archive already has a Data folder there with the Scripts in it, do Step 10 and finally paste the copied Data folder + 3 files into your Skyrim Special Edition folder (NOT the Data folder!)

1. Launch Vortex and wait for it to load and stabilize

2. Download the correct version of SKSE64
Game  / SKSE64
1.5.97 / 2.0.17 (Current versions as of November 20, 2019)
1.5.80 / 2.0.16
1.5.73 / 2.0.15
1.5.62 / 2.0.12
1.5.53 / 2.0.10
1.5.50 / 2.0.8
1.5.39 / 2.0.7
1.5.23 / 2.0.6
1.5.16 / 2.0.5
1.5.03 / 2.0.4

3. Save the downloaded SKSE64 7z archive anywhere you can easily find again, such as your desktop

4. Drag the SKSE64 7z archive into the "Drop Files" area at the bottom of Vortex's Mods pane

5. Click to "Install" the archive and wait while Vortex unpacks the archive, but do not allow it to enable or deploy the mod

6. Right-click the extracted SKSE64 mod in Vortex's Mods pane and click "Open in File Manager"
SKSE2.JPG

7. Double-click to open the archive's folder named the same as the archive itself- "skse64_2_00_xx" where "xx" is the last 2 digits of the version number

8. Right-Click and select "New" and "Folder." Name the new folder "Data."

9. Move (Drag & Drop) the archive's existing "Scripts" folder into the new "Data" folder

10 Ignore the "src" folder and the 2 txt files and multi-select (Ctrl+Click) the archive's Data folder and 3 files - two dll's and one exe - and Copy them (Ctrl+C)
49156178033_e8bfd17751_o.png

11. Move up one level to the top level of the 7z archive and paste (Ctrl+V) the folder and 3 files into the top level of the 7z archive

12. Confirm that you have a Data folder plus 2 dll's and 1 exe file in the top level of the 7z archive, then delete the "skse64_2_00_xx" folder and close the 7z archive file (click the red X-square in the top-right corner of the File Manager window) and Vortex will save the new archive

13. Double-click the mod in Vortex's Mods display to open the Mod Details pane- you can edit the name, version, category etc. but it is not required

14. Click the right side of the "Mod Type" dropdown to open it, then select "dinput"
49470999642_056ff8eec4_o.png

15. Enable and Deploy SKSE64 to complete the installation into your game, secure in the knowledge that it will be child's play when it comes time to uninstall it for a future version change

Credits: Nexus Mods Vortex Wiki, my own screenshots and my own experience actually doing it successfully.

OMG, you just fix it for me, i guess i was install SKSE wrong way.

Thank man

I have a problem with the default Calyps Strap-On that comes with SexLab.

It´s obviously hideous and I have another strap-on installed, which I prefer the NPCs to use. Obviously I can remove the "Penis for Girls" in the SexLab clean-up section where the loaded dildos are listed. This works and the NPCs will then use the other one. But this is not persistant. Whenever I load the game the Calyps is back and being used by default again.

Is there a way to permanently remove it?

On 6/5/2020 at 9:53 AM, Gro_Lak said:

I got VR working very well using the following guide:

After you get that downloaded and the right patch that they have listed there, it should be fine. Also best experienced with VRIK and its patch (should also be listed in there somewhere). Also make sure you get the VR versions of Papyrus, FNIS, etc. from the Nexus!

ah thanks ill give it a go ill double check

I have a problem with the animations i think

Situation: I have the conversation and when i select in the dialogue chat "I need your Touch" (or something like that) no scene is starting en they just exit dialogue and the NPC walks away. (only have 1 other SL related mod amorous adventures)

I see SexLab framworks menu in the MCM and all animations are there. Also i always run FNIS when i download a new animation related mod. I use Mod Organizer 2 and i also run Loot to defy the load order. (i also dubble checked it manually and it should be fine) I placed some screen shot from the loadorder they should be chronologically from top to bottom it are quiet q few mods.

Someone the same problem and have an idea on how to solve? Thanks in advance guys ?

https://ibb.co/6vjsCBW
https://ibb.co/x26jmWX
https://ibb.co/9Znrjwd
https://ibb.co/Fg3hL0P
https://ibb.co/4PQZrsW
https://ibb.co/rdPqwsN

I’m experiencing a strange bug. My understanding is that once an animation begins, sexlab will pick a semi random expression from the list of presets (pleasure, happy, joy, etc) and then from there it’s a combo of enjoyment and animation stage to cycle through the phases of that expression. The bug I’m getting is that the character will only ever utilize the most recent expression profile I’ve edited, even if all of them are enabled for that role. I do have MFG Fix and Expressive Facial Animations installed. Anyone else get this or have an idea what might cause this?

Yes and no. Nemesis doesn't support creature animations yet, but if you don't want any of those you are fine to go.

There is also a work around where you run FNIS to get creature animations and have then animations pipe to a output folder in mo2. Then disable that output folder, run Nemesis to another output folder and then set it up so the Nemesis animations overwrite the FNIS animations.

7 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

Yes and no. Nemesis doesn't support creature animations yet, but if you don't want any of those you are fine to go.

There is also a work around where you run FNIS to get creature animations and have then animations pipe to a output folder in mo2. Then disable that output folder, run Nemesis to another output folder and then set it up so the Nemesis animations overwrite the FNIS animations.

Awesome, thanks. I don't use creature animations, so I'll just switch to Nemesis.

^ ''Gameplay Overhaul'' mod with nice new anims needs Nemesis for some reason, and I think this is why many people wants/needs it, sadly GO is not compatible with FNIS. Also I heard it does not have animations limits, but this is hard to believe.

40 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

What does Nemesis do or have that FNIS doesn't? How is it "better" than FNIS?

Some recently released combat mods require it to work because the mod has its own behavior files to implement some stuff. Apparently Nemesis can handle several behavior files while FNIS only deals with the one the tool creates. More info here.

The mod in question is Combat Gameplay Overhaul, there is also 360 movement by the same author. Not gonna lie, that mod implements some stuff that was nowhere to be seen in Skyrim before (jump AND attack at the same time? what are we? fantasy characters on a fantasy game?).

Edit: 

19 minutes ago, LukeDuke said:

Also I heard it does not have animations limits, but this is hard to believe.

The anim count is different, and remember that there should be no limit already if you're using FNIS + Animation limit crash fix.

29 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Some recently released combat mods require [Nemesis] to work because the mod has its own behavior files to implement some stuff. [...] The mod in question is Combat Gameplay Overhaul, there is also 360 movement by the same author. Not gonna lie, that mod implements some stuff that was nowhere to be seen in Skyrim before (jump AND attack at the same time? what are we? fantasy characters on a fantasy game?).

Interestingly, I am using 360 Movement Behavior SE with FNIS. I installed v1.2.0, which is FNIS-compatible but does NOT feature the camera-facing jump and swim enhancements, but does feature all the other 360 movement enhancements, and I added the esp from v1.3.0 to correct the slow backwalking speed. It is fully FNIS-compatible and I don't have to install and run patches for a new mod that doesn't seem to give me anything the old one (FNIS) doesn't already give me. As an Archer/Sniper, I run AGO and don't care much about CGO, so switching to Nemesis is simply not a good option for me because (like many ppl, I presume) I have a lot of FNIS-dependent mods.

14 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

As an Archer/Sniper, I run AGO and don't care much about CGO, so switching to Nemesis is simply not a good option for me because (like many ppl, I presume) I have a lot of FNIS-dependent mods.

Idk, I'm waiting to see if something else comes out of this new Nemesis trend. At least Nemesis should cover every FNIS related mod once it exits beta. But I'm not a fan of either alternative atm.

4 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Interestingly, I am using 360 Movement Behavior SE with FNIS. I installed v1.2.0, which is FNIS-compatible but does NOT feature the camera-facing jump and swim enhancements, but does feature all the other 360 movement enhancements, and I added the esp from v1.3.0 to correct the slow backwalking speed. It is fully FNIS-compatible and I don't have to install and run patches for a new mod that doesn't seem to give me anything the old one (FNIS) doesn't already give me. As an Archer/Sniper, I run AGO and don't care much about CGO, so switching to Nemesis is simply not a good option for me because (like many ppl, I presume) I have a lot of FNIS-dependent mods.

Any animations in particular? I'm currently messing with stuff and don't mind checking whether it works smoothly with Nemesis or not. I know creature animations are normally borked, but there's a workaround by turning off Nemesis, running FNIS with said animations, then deleting the behavior files and running Nemesis as you normally would. But other than that, I haven't really encountered any issues with SexLab related animations(and I ported just about everything I could find to test out that fairly new animation crash fix mod - IT WORKS!).

6 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

What does Nemesis do or have that FNIS doesn't? How is it "better" than FNIS?

I haven't used Nemesis yet, but it has the key advantages I can think of are

1 - New animations mods need to have a patch added in FNIS.  This isn't required for Nemesis

2 - FNIS's author isn't updating it anymore.

3 - If you want Combat Gameplay Overhaul, or The Ultimate Dodge Mod, you need Nemesis.

4 - FNIS scans your PC to see if Moddrop is installed, and if it is then it doesn't run.  I've never used Moddrop so it doesn't directly effect me, but I don't like the idea of mods working that way esp. key "infrastructure" mods.

FNIS has the advantages of being what everyone is used to and there has been more time to work out the bugs.  Also FNIS works with creature animations and Nemesis doesn't yet. And it there are some FNIS exclusive animation mods besides creatures, FNIS PCEA (But Nemesis has Nemesis PCEA which does the same thing), and FNIS Sexy Move.

Or if you want a more detailed explanation from the author of Nemesis -

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/aw1an5/nemesis_ultimate_behavior_engine_why_should_i_use/ehk9tcd/?context=3

18 hours ago, Sloots_R_Us said:

Any animations in particular? I'm currently messing with stuff and don't mind checking whether it works smoothly with Nemesis or not. I know creature animations are normally borked, but there's a workaround by turning off Nemesis, running FNIS with said animations, then deleting the behavior files and running Nemesis as you normally would. But other than that, I haven't really encountered any issues with SexLab related animations(and I ported just about everything I could find to test out that fairly new animation crash fix mod - IT WORKS!).

Well, for me it's not a matter of "how do I get Nemesis to work?" It's a matter of "why would I even bother switching unless I have to?" But thanks for the analysis anyway.

17 hours ago, axz2 said:

I haven't used Nemesis yet, but it has the key advantages I can think of are

1 - New animations mods need to have a patch added in FNIS.  This isn't required for Nemesis

[...]

there are some FNIS exclusive animation mods besides creatures, [...] FNIS Sexy Move.

Or if you want a more detailed explanation from the author of Nemesis -

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/aw1an5/nemesis_ultimate_behavior_engine_why_should_i_use/ehk9tcd/?context=3

The limited reading I've done seems to imply that Nemesis needs to "do something" with itself whenever I add any animation mod. Also, several mod authors seem to be offering "Nemesis patches" so although it may not be technically a patch that Nemesis needs, the result from a user standpoint seems to be pretty much the same- I need to "run something" whenever I add animations.

I can't live without FNIS Sexy Move- I am so used to females actually walking like girls that I wouldn't want to even play the game if I had to go back to the stupid vanilla baby-steps walk. I just wish I could find a walk-run animation for males that cured their ridiculous, mincing baby-step gait. So yeah, FNIS Sexy Move is one of the reasons I am so recalcitrant about quitting FNIS.

And thank you for the Reddit link, I will go read it as soon as I'm through with this response. :classic_biggrin: Then maybe I will have a better grasp on the subject.

EDIT: Well, I read it, and got the impression that Nemesis may be a better behavior engine for modders to make mods for, but offers no particular benefits to users. Also, it seems the author of Nemesis created it mostly because he was pissed off at Fore for not supporting "TUDM," whatever that is (I Googled it, and the main meaning of TUDM is "Royal Malaysian Air Force.") Almost every paragraph of the article contains a personal slam against Fore. So at least now I understand why he named his FNIS competitor utility "Nemesis." :classic_sad:

12 hours ago, madcyb said:

Thank you. I'll go read it now.

EDIT: Oh! Your link is not to any articles on the benefits of Nemesis, it's to a search result for Nemesis videos. I had already watched a couple of them- they are about how to install Nemesis with MO, not about why I should want or need it on my machine. Thanks though, you had no way of knowing that I had already done that search and watched a couple of the videos.

57 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Well, for me it's not a matter of "how do I get Nemesis to work?" It's a matter of "why would I even bother switching unless I have to?" But thanks for the analysis anyway.

The limited reading I've done seems to imply that Nemesis needs to "do something" with itself whenever I add any animation mod. Also, several mod authors seem to be offering "Nemesis patches" so although it may not be technically a patch that Nemesis needs, the result from a user standpoint seems to be pretty much the same- I need to "run something" whenever I add animations.

I can't live without FNIS Sexy Move- I am so used to females actually walking like girls that I wouldn't want to even play the game if I had to go back to the stupid vanilla baby-steps walk. I just wish I could find a walk-run animation for males that cured their ridiculous, mincing baby-step gait. So yeah, FNIS Sexy Move is one of the reasons I am so recalcitrant about quitting FNIS.

And thank you for the Reddit link, I will go read it as soon as I'm through with this response. :classic_biggrin: Then maybe I will have a better grasp on the subject.

EDIT: Well, I read it, and got the impression that Nemesis may be a better behavior engine for modders to make mods for, but offers no particular benefits to users. Also, it seems the author of Nemesis created it mostly because he was pissed off at Fore for not supporting "TUDM," whatever that is (I Googled it, and the main meaning of TUDM is "Royal Malaysian Air Force.") Almost every paragraph of the article contains a personal slam against Fore. So at least now I understand why he named his FNIS competitor utility "Nemesis." :classic_sad:

Thank you. I'll go read it now.

EDIT: Oh! Your link is not to any articles on the benefits of Nemesis, it's to a search result for Nemesis videos. I had already watched a couple of them- they are about how to install Nemesis with MO, not about why I should want or need it on my machine. Thanks though, you had no way of knowing that I had already done that search and watched a couple of the videos.

Sorry look that one who seem to explain why Nemesis could be better then FNIS (in one or two years)

personnaly i discovered Nemesis only today reading this topic made me curious :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcbxsNL3DQI