SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

1 hour ago, ApolloXYZ said:

Say, In which order should i install "OSA, Sexlab, Papyrus" as Sexlab tries to overwrite OSA and Papyrus. I am confused ?

Well assume since SexLab has been updated and OSA hasn't been in years.  I think you should install SL over OSA.  If you use Vortex you can put it to load SL after OSA.

2 hours ago, fred200 said:
4 hours ago, ApolloXYZ said:

So i should install OSA first, then Sexlab, then PapyrusUtil, where Papyrus overwrites both of them ?

Yep.

If you use Vortex or MO2, you can simply set (and change!) your priorities (conflict winners) any way you need them to be without having to install anything in any particular order since neither one of those mod managers actually overwrites (physically replaces) any files. That's the main difference between old NMM (which does overwrite files) and Vortex, which doesn't overwrite anything but instead overrides (gives priority to) mods or files. Huge difference.

6 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

If you use Vortex or MO2, you can simply set (and change!) your priorities (conflict winners) any way you need them to be without having to install anything in any particular order since neither one of those mod managers actually overwrites (physically replaces) any files. That's the main difference between old NMM (which does overwrite files) and Vortex, which doesn't overwrite anything but instead overrides (gives priority to) mods or files. Huge difference.

Yep, I love using Vortex.  So much better than NMM.  No more conflicts or weird game behaviour due to mod conflicts.

I have version 1.63 installed on Skyrim and it has been working with no problem.  I decided to start a new game and now when I open the menu, under SexLab, it says "install". I opened up Vortex and the mod is enabled. I checked plugins and the sexlab.esm is enabled. I have ran FNIS for users. Anyone know what is happening?  Thanks

2 hours ago, ivanoff said:

I have version 1.63 installed on Skyrim and it has been working with no problem.  I decided to start a new game and now when I open the menu, under SexLab, it says "install". I opened up Vortex and the mod is enabled. I checked plugins and the sexlab.esm is enabled. I have ran FNIS for users. Anyone know what is happening?  Thanks

That is normal behaviour for just about all mods in the MCM when you start a new game. You have to go through all your installed mods (while in game in the MCM) and enable or adjust settings every time you begin a new game. You get used to it when you roll new characters often.

4 hours ago, axelblaise said:

Is there a detailed walkthrough on how to install using vortex?

1. Install SKSE64
    Spoiler

1. Choose the correct version of SKSE64 to match the game version you are using- here is a list:

Game  / SKSE64
    1.5.97 / 2.0.17 (Current versions since November 20, 2019)
    1.5.80 / 2.0.16
    1.5.73 / 2.0.15
    1.5.62 / 2.0.12
    1.5.53 / 2.0.10
    1.5.50 / 2.0.8
    1.5.39 / 2.0.7
    1.5.23 / 2.0.6
    1.5.16 / 2.0.5
    1.5.03 / 2.0.4

2. Install SKSE64 manually:
      2a- Download the SKSE64 7z archive to your desktop
      2b- Extract the SKSE64 7z archive to your desktop
      2c- Open the top folder of the SKSE64 extracted archive (the one named the same as the 7z archive)
      2d- Copy the SKSE64 archive's Data folder, skse64_n_n_nn.dll, skse64_loader.exe and skse64_steam_loader.dll
           49156178033_c2c9e06573.jpg
      2e- Open your Skyrim Special Edition main folder, ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
      2f- Delete any and all files you see there that begin with "skse"
      2g- Paste the 4 objects you Copied in Step 2d into the open SSE folder
      2h- Authorize the folder merge with the existing Data folder- if you already have a Data folder and do not get a Data folder merge warning, try to find and delete the files you just pasted into the wrong location and start over, this time reading these instructions more carefully. If you do NOT already have a Data folder, meaning SKSE64 is the first mod you have installed, you will not get a folder merge warning and that's OK.
      2i- Authorize all overwrites/overrides if any

3. Right-click the new copy of skse64_loader.exe in your Skyrim Special Edition folder

4. Select "Send to" then "Desktop (create shortcut)"

5. Close your game folder and the extracted SKSE64 7z Archive folder if they are still open

6. Manually launch Steam (if it is not already running) using the Steam shortcut >>>NOT<<< skse64_loader.exe.

7. With Steam already running, double-click your new skse64_loader.exe shortcut to launch SSE with SKSE64 properly installed

8. Later, when Vortex (or whatever mod manager you use) tells you there have been external changes and asks for guidance, be sure to select "Save All Changes" so Vortex does not undo what you just did

2. Go to the Files tab of SkyUI on the SSE Nexus
  3. Click the  Mod Manager Download  button on the SkyUI_5_2_SE archive
  4. Click Vortex's Enable and Deploy buttons when they pop up
  5. Go in-game and wait for the message that a new MCM has been registered, then test SkyUI to confirm correct SKSE64 and SkyUI installation
  6. Download the SexLab Framework 1.63 Beta 8 7z archive to any convenient location on your computer
  7. Drag-n-Drop the SL 7z archive into the Drop File(s) area of Vortex
    Spoiler

VortexDropFilesArea.png

8. On the Mods or Downloads tab, click the blue Install button on the left of the SexLab 7z file entry
  9. Click Vortex's Enable and Deploy buttons when they pop up
  10. Go to the Files tab of the PapyrusUtil SE page on SSE Nexus
  11. Click the  Mod Manager Download  button
  12. Click Vortex's Enable and Deploy buttons when they pop up
  13. When Vortex tells you there is an unresolved conflict between SexLab Framework and PapyrusUtil, tell it to give priority to PapyrusUtil ("Load After SexLab")
  14. Click "Deploy" again if Vortex doesn't automatically do it

That's it. Done.

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

Papyrus Until 3.9 is required and has to load after Sexlab. Sexlab includes a bad version.

Shit. Thanks for the correction, Fred- I had a brain fart and specified JContainers instead of PapyrusUtil. I fixed the OP. Now I need a drink. :classic_blush:

14 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Shit. Thanks for the correction, Fred- I had a brain fart and specified JContainers instead of PapyrusUtil. I fixed the OP. Now I need a drink. :classic_blush:

Easy mistake. The bug expressed itself as a JContainers problem.

Big Kudos to whoever isolated it.

My interest is that it broke MME, one of my standard lineup, and took literally months to find and fix.

Hi. I'm a noob at modding, just started today. I cannot get this mod to work and idk why. When i open the game through MO2 (through SKSE) i get these 2 messages once i load the save:

A) SkyUI is not working because either SKSE is outdated or skyrim is. Both of these are impossible since i just installed the game today. Both SKSE and Skyrim are on version 1.5.97. I installed the latest version of SkyUI from here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12604 (only place i could find it) so maybe SKyUI itself is the issue.

B) SexLabs is not working because skyrim is outdated. Again, as i said above, skyrim is definitely updated to the most recent patch. 

No, i am not that stupid, none of these are for Oldrim as you call it. It's all for special edition. MO2 says all the mods are fine, doesn't detect any issues, but in game, once a save is loaded SexLabs does not work, i don't even get the config menu in the options. SkyUI however works despite the message, though with big delays.

12 minutes ago, BasilAnguis said:

Hi. I'm a noob at modding, just started today. I cannot get this mod to work and idk why. When i open the game through MO2 (through SKSE) i get these 2 messages once i load the save:

A) SkyUI is not working because either SKSE is outdated or skyrim is. Both of these are impossible since i just installed the game today. Both SKSE and Skyrim are on version 1.5.97. I installed the latest version of SkyUI from here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12604 (only place i could find it) so maybe SKyUI itself is the issue.

B) SexLabs is not working because skyrim is outdated. Again, as i said above, skyrim is definitely updated to the most recent patch. 

No, i am not that stupid, none of these are for Oldrim as you call it. It's all for special edition. MO2 says all the mods are fine, doesn't detect any issues, but in game, once a save is loaded SexLabs does not work, i don't even get the config menu in the options. SkyUI however works despite the message, though with big delays.

Well lets start off by saying you installed SKSE incorrectly. Get it directly from https://skse.silverlock.org/

Install it manually following the instructions on that site. Make sure the version matches your Skyrim runtime.

Make doubly sure the scripts wind up in data/Scripts.

16 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Well lets start off by saying you installed SKSE incorrectly. Get it directly from https://skse.silverlock.org/

Install it manually following the instructions on that site. Make sure the version matches your Skyrim runtime.

Make doubly sure the scripts wind up in data/Scripts.

Well, i feel very dumb. Originally i read the README file that comes with the mod and that says just copy this there and that there. Thought i did it right since the texture mods i installed after, that require SKSE, worked perfectly. 

Now just to double check i also watched the instruction video and it said "make all the scripts into a .zip and install that with a mod installer". Well, it worked. No more error messages. SexLabs works, even got the config menu in the settings.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, fred200 said:

Easy mistake. The bug expressed itself as a JContainers problem.

Still, that's no excuse- I clearly know that the included "SexLabUtil" is broken and a separate installation of PapyrusUtil (with override priority) is required. Thanks for making me feel a teeny-weeny bit better about it, though. :classic_heart:

6 hours ago, BasilAnguis said:

Everything you have cited as an issue is a symptom of incorrect SKSE64 installation, specifically the scripts.

You can install SKSE64 with Vortex (including the dll's and the exe) as follows:

Spoiler

1. Launch Vortex and wait for it to load and stabilize

2. Download the correct version of SKSE64
Game  / SKSE64
1.5.97 / 2.0.17 (Current versions as of November 20, 2019)
1.5.80 / 2.0.16
1.5.73 / 2.0.15
1.5.62 / 2.0.12
1.5.53 / 2.0.10
1.5.50 / 2.0.8
1.5.39 / 2.0.7
1.5.23 / 2.0.6
1.5.16 / 2.0.5
1.5.03 / 2.0.4

3. Save the downloaded SKSE64 7z archive anywhere you can easily find again, such as your desktop

4. Drag the SKSE64 7z archive into the "Drop Files" area at the bottom of Vortex's Mods pane

5. Click to "Install" the archive and wait while Vortex unpacks the archive, but do not allow it to enable or deploy the mod

6. Right-click the extracted SKSE64 mod in Vortex's Mods pane and click "Open in File Manager"
SKSE2.JPG

7. Double-click to open the archive's folder named the same as the archive itself- "skse64_2_00_xx" where "xx" is the last 2 digits of the version number

8. Right-Click and select "New" and "Folder." Name the new folder "Data."

9. Move (Drag & Drop) the archive's existing "Scripts" folder into the new "Data" folder

10 Ignore the "src" folder and the 2 txt files and multi-select (Ctrl+Click) the archive's Data folder and 3 files - two dll's and one exe - and Copy them (Ctrl+C)
49156178033_e8bfd17751_o.png

11. Move up one level to the top level of the 7z archive and paste (Ctrl+V) the folder and 3 files into the top level of the 7z archive

12. Confirm that you have a Data folder plus 2 dll's and 1 exe file in the top level of the 7z archive, then delete the "skse64_2_00_xx" folder and close the 7z archive file (click the red X-square in the top-right corner of the File Manager window) and Vortex will save the new archive

13. Double-click the mod in Vortex's Mods display to open the Mod Details pane- you can edit the name, version, category etc. but it is not required

14. Click the right side of the "Mod Type" dropdown to open it, then select "dinput"
49470999642_056ff8eec4_o.png

15. Enable and Deploy SKSE64 to complete the installation into your game, secure in the knowledge that it will be child's play when it comes time to uninstall it for a future version change

However, if you don't use Vortex or don't have the 2 minutes extra it takes to configure Vortex to install SKSE64, you can do a manual installation. Here's my boilerplate guide on manual installation of SKSE64:

Spoiler

1. Choose the correct version of SKSE64 to match the game version you are using- here is a list:

Game  / SKSE64
1.5.97 / 2.0.17 (Current versions since November 20, 2019)
1.5.80 / 2.0.16
1.5.73 / 2.0.15
1.5.62 / 2.0.12
1.5.53 / 2.0.10
1.5.50 / 2.0.8
1.5.39 / 2.0.7
1.5.23 / 2.0.6
1.5.16 / 2.0.5
1.5.03 / 2.0.4

2. Install SKSE64 manually:
  2a- Download the SKSE64 7z archive to your desktop
  2b- Extract the SKSE64 7z archive to your desktop
  2c- Open the top folder of the SKSE64 extracted archive (the one named the same as the 7z archive)
  2d- Copy the SKSE64 archive's Data folder, skse64_n_n_nn.dll, skse64_loader.exe and skse64_steam_loader.dll
       49156178033_c2c9e06573.jpg
  2e- Open your Skyrim Special Edition main folder, ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
  2f- Delete any and all files you see there that begin with "skse"
  2g- Paste the 4 objects you Copied in Step 2d into the open SSE folder
  2h- Authorize the folder merge with the existing Data folder- if you already have a Data folder and do not get a Data folder merge warning, try to find and delete the files you just pasted into the wrong location and start over, this time reading these instructions more carefully. If you do NOT already have a Data folder, meaning SKSE64 is the first mod you have installed, you will not get a folder merge warning and that's OK.
  2i- Authorize all overwrites/overrides if any

3. Right-click the new copy of skse64_loader.exe in your Skyrim Special Edition folder

4. Select "Send to" then "Desktop (create shortcut)"

5. Close your game folder and the extracted SKSE64 7z Archive folder if they are still open

6. Manually launch Steam (if it is not already running) using the Steam shortcut >>>NOT<<< skse64_loader.exe.

7. With Steam already running, double-click your new skse64_loader.exe shortcut to launch SSE with SKSE64 properly installed

8. Later, when Vortex (or whatever mod manager you use) tells you there have been external changes and asks for guidance, be sure to select "Save All Changes" so Vortex does not undo what you just did

9. Never again use the Mod handler of the vanilla game launcher because it will disable SkyUI_SE.esp*

10. Always and forevermore make sure Steam is already running before you launch SSE via skse64_loader.exe*

*You can eliminate this restriction by adding Skyrim.esm as a Master to SkyUI_SE.esp using SSEEdit as follows:
1. Launch SSEEdit

2. Right-click any of the plugins and select "Load None" to clear all of the checkmarks

3. Select (tick the checkboxes) Skyrim.esm and SkyUI_SE.esp

4. Wait until you see "Finished loading" at the bottom of the right-hand pane

5. Right-click SkyUI_SE.esp in the left-hand pane and select "Add Masters"

6. Click "Yes, I'm sure" when SSEEdit warns you that you are about to destroy the known universe and your dear mother as well

7. Select (tick the checkbox) Skyrim.esm in the dialog box and click OK

8. Close SSEEdit using the Windows Exit button (red-squared X at the top right corner of the SSEEdit window)

9. Make sure the Save Plugin dialog box shows SkyUI_SE.esp and "Back up plugins" checked, then click OK

In spite of SL arguaby being far more extensive than Flower Girls, I always find myself returning to it rather than SL. The reason for this is that, for some odd reason, FG behaves much better with Improved Camera SE and I have not been able to figure out why.

Reason being is that the first person perspective in Sexlab Animations is awfully gimped from time to time, either being completely offset or misaligning actors simply by switching to it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hey there, I'm still having the same issue with my character not animating in a scene half the time, no matter the save I'm playing. I've tried the following:

- Installed latest version of Papyrus Util, since SL includes a really old version of it for whatever reason.

- Reinstalled Sexlab Framework 1.63 Beta 8 entirely, still no change.

- Re-ran FNIS and the only warning that came out is that Sanguine's Debauchery is using outdated dlls or something.

- Reinstalled Sexlab Animation Loader and it registers all of the animations I have.

- Sexlab also registers all of the animations properly.