SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

5 hours ago, devilshit said:

Okay thanks for the guidance. I have just one more question, does install order matter if you use MO2 or Vortex?

depends on which mod you want to override which, the load order can be changed any time 

8 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

If you're having a particular issue with Vortex, you can get help on the Vortex forums. Otherwise, I can't see any reason not to have full confidence in it.

Ah yeah, sorry about that. I didn't know that mention might cause issues. I'm still learning how to use Vortex, I do like this mod manager and I'm glad to know it's working well even with special edition. I just gotta figure out how to get mine to work well with special edition, I'll just start out small. I'm missing a few important steps anyway.

Most of the mods I downloaded say their for SSE but they might not be fully converted, so I'll have to do some checking for awhile of all the mods I want to use. Got around 180 less mods then what your using but it'll still take me awhile, although Vortex does tell me if there is a problem in the plugins so that makes it easier.

EDIT: found all the problems and now SKSE is booting up normally.

23 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

MO2 has a vocal (and often elitist) following. If you want to get a flame war started, just try saying "Mod Manager x is better than MO2" or "I tried MO2 once and it was way too difficult to learn or use so I use Mod Manager x and I'm happy with it." The thread will end up having to be locked by an admin.

The issue of which mod manager to use comes down to personal preference. Vortex and MO2 both offer "virtual installs" with Profiles support and tools integration. However, many people still use NMM and it does a good job (with less flexibility and fewer features) for many casual gamers. All 3 are reliable mod managers.

Personally, I have found Vortex to be stone-reliable, feature-rich and trouble-free... and easy (intuitive) to learn and use. I transitioned from NMM to Vortex mid-playthrough without a hitch after only a few minutes of reading the Vortex documentation. I currently have 298 active mods and even learned how to have Vortex install SKSE64 including the dll's, the exe and the scripts. It integrates well (and easily) with FNIS, BodySlide, SSEEdit, Wrye Bash, etc. And it offers pushbutton installations from the Nexus, and drag-n-drop installations of downloaded archives from other sites such as LoversLab. It is aware of, and will warn you about, Missing Masters, plus it makes conflict resolution a snap, including drilling all the way down to the file level if you need to, so you can give Mod A's File 1 override priority over Mod B's File 1, while at the same time giving Mod B's File 4 priority over Mod A's File 4 and so forth.

If you're having a particular issue with Vortex, you can get help on the Vortex forums. Otherwise, I can't see any reason not to have full confidence in it.

I still use NMM cus im too lazy to use something else. I don't have a ton of mods (only 75) but it doesn't really cause any real issues for me.

On 5/9/2020 at 11:12 AM, devilshit said:

Okay thanks for the guidance. I have just one more question, does install order matter if you use MO2 or Vortex?

No, I don't think so- not as long as you give higher priority to the mod that says "install my mod after Mod X."

"Install x after y" is a euphemism, a holdover from the bad old days when we actually overwrote files in the data\<subfolders> folders (old NMM, manual installations, etc.) instead of just giving them priority like we can now in MO2 and Vortex.

I'm having an issue with cum textures not displaying at all on actors. I have various other textures/overlays displaying correctly, including Apropos, Slave Tats & Wet Function. I've had the issue before, on a previous install a few years ago. I fixed it then, but cannot remember how and am having trouble resolving it.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this or how to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Du8i0us said:

I'm having an issue with cum textures not displaying at all on actors. I have various other textures/overlays displaying correctly, including Apropos, Slave Tats & Wet Function. I've had the issue before, on a previous install a few years ago. I fixed it then, but cannot remember how and am having trouble resolving it.

Anyone have any ideas what could cause this or how to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks

Enable "Play Ending Orgasm Effects" and "Apply Cum Effects".

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

Enable "Play Ending Orgasm Effects" and "Apply Cum Effects".

FFS... Thank you!

I had disabled "Play Ending Orgasm Effects", because I have SLSO and didn't want the guaranteed orgasm, whenever I hit the final stage. Did not know it disabled cum effects all together. I have another issue; I don't suppose you'd know why facial animations are getting stuck, after a Sexlab scene? I am using Expressive Facial animations and SexLab Facial Expressions. I've mostly modded and played LE until now and never seen the bug before. Searches result in people merely saying save and load to fix, but no real solutions offered.

2 hours ago, Du8i0us said:

I have another issue; I don't suppose you'd know why facial animations are getting stuck, after a Sexlab scene? I am using Expressive Facial animations and SexLab Facial Expressions. I've mostly modded and played LE until now and never seen the bug before. Searches result in people merely saying save and load to fix, but no real solutions offered.

Scroll up on this page until you find a post quoting my answer to this exact problem.

8 hours ago, tasairis said:

Scroll up on this page until you find a post quoting my answer to this exact problem.

Thanks,

Couldn't find much referencing exactly what's causing the issue, though. Is it a conflict with another mod or a quirk with the vanilla expression system? Because this doesn't appear to be an issue on LE. Just curious to know what's causing it and what - if anything - can be done to remedy it.

Apologies, if your frustrated having to repeat yourself

7 hours ago, Du8i0us said:

Couldn't find much referencing exactly what's causing the issue, though. Is it a conflict with another mod or a quirk with the vanilla expression system? Because this doesn't appear to be an issue on LE. Just curious to know what's causing it and what - if anything - can be done to remedy it.

I'm not sure anyone knows why it's like that. I mean, last I checked, SexLab does try to reset expressions.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:37 AM, Vyxenne said:

Personally, I have found Vortex to be stone-reliable, feature-rich and trouble-free... and easy (intuitive) to learn and use. I transitioned from NMM to Vortex mid-playthrough without a hitch after only a few minutes of reading the Vortex documentation

I have considered switching from NMM to Vortex but have hesitated just 'cause. I wonder if that import from NMM feature is reliable. I have tried to determine whether, if that feature is used, Vortex copies literally everything in the NMM mods folder or just the archives that are active. Googling that question has not been revealing . Mostly I see suggestions like "start from scratch" which I am not motivated to do since NMM is working Ok. I have a lot of archives in that folder that I will never, ever activate. Did you use the import feature?

So has anybody else had issues with their character sometimes being animated in a scene and not in others? The console keeps saying that my character is already being animated when they're not even in a animation, and occasionally it'll say the same thing about the other actor (NPC or creature) instead.

14 hours ago, Thenryb said:

I have considered switching from NMM to Vortex but have hesitated just 'cause. I wonder if that import from NMM feature is reliable. I have tried to determine whether, if that feature is used, Vortex copies literally everything in the NMM mods folder or just the archives that are active. Googling that question has not been revealing . Mostly I see suggestions like "start from scratch" which I am not motivated to do since NMM is working Ok. I have a lot of archives in that folder that I will never, ever activate. Did you use the import feature?

If you are happy with NMM - keep using it. Vortex is great, and there are a lot of good reasons to use it. But not at the expense of a working system.

I do not recommend using Import from NMM. It is always problematic.

Starting from scratch is not that bad. If you have all your mods in a download folder - just drag them to Vortex.

(After uninstalling everything from NMM and cleaning your game directory)

Hello, Been using flowergirls for my runs so far, but this time thinking of switching over due to lack of expansions for FG.

How much load/Impact would SexLabFramework and its components would have on game? Running a 600 Mods+ heavy load order with lots of quest mods (inluding LOTD), LOTD does warn a bit about SL is script heavy so could cause issues, but I would like to know if anyone has ran them or in general impact this framework and accompanying basic mods would make on game

4 hours ago, ArkPlays11 said:

Hello, Been using flowergirls for my runs so far, but this time thinking of switching over due to lack of expansions for FG.

How much load/Impact would SexLabFramework and its components would have on game? Running a 600 Mods+ heavy load order with lots of quest mods (inluding LOTD), LOTD does warn a bit about SL is script heavy so could cause issues, but I would like to know if anyone has ran them or in general impact this framework and accompanying basic mods would make on game

SexLab itself isn't very heavy - a small bit of load for each animation running, and that can pile up if there are many, but that's to be expected. Virtually nothing when it's not running.

On 5/11/2020 at 7:00 PM, Thenryb said:

I have considered switching from NMM to Vortex but have hesitated just 'cause. I wonder if that import from NMM feature is reliable. [...] Did you use the import feature?

Yes, I did. However, I cheated- I refreshed my full archival backup of my SSE folder first. :classic_biggrin: Also, at that time, I only had ~120 mods total, not counting SKSE64 and a couple of other dll mods that had to be manually installed when using NMM (but not any more with Vortex!!) Now I'm up to 298 mods including SKSE64.

The only issue I had when I switched from NMM to Vortex was self-inflicted: I failed to configure FNIS correctly and so it didn't work right (Vortex can be set to run FNIS on Deployment whenever you have installed or uninstalled any mod that requires it.)

1 hour ago, Azzhat said:

I have two issues: Facial expressions stuck after scene, no cum textures. 

To improve (but not quite fix) facial expressions, install Mfg Fix and Expressive Facial Animation.

To fix stuck expressions:

• For the Player Character, open the console and enter mfg reset with no NPC targeted so it will default to the Player Character
  • For any NPC, move close to the NPC, switch to first person view, open the console, click on the NPC and enter mfg reset

To fix missing cum textures, go to the Animation Settings tab of the SexLab MCM and enable "Play ending orgasm effects" and "Apply cum effects." BOTH must be enabled to see the cum decal.

20200430153325_1.jpg

5 hours ago, tasairis said:

SexLab itself isn't very heavy - a small bit of load for each animation running, and that can pile up if there are many, but that's to be expected. Virtually nothing when it's not running.

Yea I dont mind drop during sex scenes itself or when Im actively using sexlab stuff

I was more worried about passive permanent effect on save

If I get it right to get it work properly

I would need

SLF

Slal

SexLab tools, and then w.e. animation pack and extras I want right? ( For human sex)

15 minutes ago, ArkPlays11 said:

I was more worried about passive permanent effect on save

Can't be that much: my current save, with a lot of hours on it, is only 20MB.

I would need

SLF

Slal

SexLab tools, and then w.e. animation pack and extras I want right? ( For human sex)

SL (if you call it SLF it looks like you mean SLIF) and SLAL, definitely. SL Tools is optional. Definitely animation packs and whatever other mods.

Look at @MadMansGun's installation guide; ignore the creatures stuff.

1 hour ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Not sure if Ashal is aware, but someone has posted sexlab to nexus (as a Portugese translation). There is no mention anywhere in that "mods" description that he/she has permission from Ashal.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35965?tab=description

It's just MCM translation files, not the full mod: SexLab_ENGLISH.txt and SexLab_SPANISH.txt.

The only people even looking for this will already have the framework downloaded from here. No single developer is going to be able to generate translations for ten different languages so having others do this themselves and share the result is a useful service.

2 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Not sure if Ashal is aware, but someone has posted sexlab to nexus (as a Portugese translation). There is no mention anywhere in that "mods" description that he/she has permission from Ashal.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35965?tab=description

I must admit, I was weirded out by that post on Nexus as well. I'm not sure that SexLab is supposed to be on Nexus in any shape or form. Why not post the translation here?