SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

9 hours ago, JohnTY said:

First  thank you Ashal to bring such a wonderful thing to SSE. I enjoy it,

I am now having the problem that non of my selected animation settings like not undressing hair (I am using KS smp wig) or auto free cam works while engaging in a scene. I have only tried to trigger scene using the bewitch ! spell for now  since I am now trying to figure our other methods to trigger sex cases. It would be great is someone can share how to deal with the problem and I also want to know extra methods to enter a sex scene

The "Bewitch" spell is part of Flower Girls. Any scene you initiate with "Bewitch" is a Flower Girls scene. It is not the fault of SexLab Framework that Flower Girls does not obey SexLab settings. :classic_wacko::classic_biggrin::classic_blink:

Hello.
A small question that has probably already been asked.
Here, on one of my backups right now, I have Legacy of Dragonborn in mod, which is an excellent mod in itself.
The author of the mod mentions Sexlab by saying that it should not be put because it can cause problems (ctd, etc.) because of its heavy scripts.
I would like to know if there are patches / patches to remedy this while being able to keep Sexlab.

10 hours ago, hana120 said:

I have Legacy of Dragonborn in mod, which is an excellent mod in itself. The author of the mod mentions Sexlab by saying that it should not be [installed] because it can cause problems (ctd, etc.) because of its heavy scripts. I would like to know if there are patches / patches to remedy this while being able to keep Sexlab.

I did a thread search on the LotD forum and came up with this quote:

"Sexlab/Lover's Lab mods:
LL mods are very resource heavy and affect areas of the system which conflict with heavily modded setups and heavily scripted games. Nobody on the Legacy team utilizes or endorses use of LL content with Legacy as there have been numerous reports of stability concerns which we cannot address. If you choose to utilize these with Legacy, do so at your own risk and seek help at the LL site instead."

The kindest thing I can say about this statement is that it reflects a certain animus toward the Lovers Lab community, and is a gross generalization that is demonstrably false.

You should be able to run SexLab and Matchmaker with LotD without issues. If you have a slow machine, you should probably avoid continuous-scanning mods like auto-looters, bird mods, NPC/crowd activity mods like SLEN and Random Sex and so forth if your machine isn't up to the task.

But the only way you will find out whether or not SexLab+LotD brings your machine to its knees is to install them both and try it out. If you crash, well, you can easily revert to your previous mod setup (and to the appropriate LotD-free savegame) as long as you're using a comptetent mod manager such as Vortex or MO2.

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

LL mods are very resource heavy and affect areas of the system which conflict with heavily modded setups and heavily scripted games. Nobody on the Legacy team utilizes or endorses use of LL content with Legacy as there have been numerous reports of stability concerns which we cannot address. If you choose to utilize these with Legacy, do so at your own risk and seek help at the LL site instead."

The kindest thing I can say about this statement is that it reflects a certain animus toward the Lovers Lab community, and is a gross generalization that is demonstrably false.

You should be able to run SexLab and Matchmaker with LotD without issues. If you have a slow machine, you should probably avoid continuous-scanning mods like auto-looters, bird mods, NPC/crowd activity mods like SLEN and Random Sex and so forth if your machine isn't up to the task.

But the only way you will find out whether or not SexLab+LotD brings your machine to its knees is to install them both and try it out. If you crash, well, you can easily revert to your previous mod setup (and to the appropriate LotD-free savegame) as long as you're using a comptetent mod manager such as Vortex or MO2.

My problem, in fact, is that in the backup where I use Lotd; the weapons take a little time to appear on their exhibition stand.
Sometimes I crash when I save, the sexlabs animations are often slow. I also have EFF who picks it up when I speak to my follower.

Legacy of Dragonborn contains 800+ .pex files(scripts) vs 40+ SL script files. Total size of Legacy of Dragonborn scripts(.pex, compiled version) is ~1.7MB vs SL 0.9MB. 

Legacy of Dragonborn has around 2x(twice) as much code as SL. So who is "heavy scripts" here?

The size of Legacy of Dragonborn install(7z file) is 1.9GB. Its huge by any standard. Again, who is "heavy" here.

Legacy of Dragonborn also changes vannila stuff. Conflicts. I checked and I have not seen any reason(for the purpose of the mod) why vanilla stuff would have to be changed. Changing vanilla stuff is a common cause of bugs, glitches, even CTDs.

Maybe you shouldn't install Legacy of Dragonborn, because its so big, it can bring your Skyrim on its knees even without any other mod installed.

8 minutes ago, Fotogen said:

Legacy of Dragonborn contains 800+ .pex files(scripts) vs 40+ SL script files. Total size of Legacy of Dragonborn scripts(.pex, compiled version) is ~1.7MB vs SL 0.9MB. 

Legacy of Dragonborn has around 2x(twice) as much code as SL. So who is "heavy scripts" here?

The size of Legacy of Dragonborn install(7z file) is 1.9GB. Its huge by any standard. Again, who is "heavy" here.

Legacy of Dragonborn also changes vannila stuff. Conflicts. I checked and I have not seen any reason(for the purpose of the mod) why vanilla stuff would have to be changed. Changing vanilla stuff is a common cause of bugs, glitches, even CTDs.

Maybe you shouldn't install Legacy of Dragonborn, because its so big, it can bring your Skyrim on its knees even without any other mod installed.

Do you need a powerful machine to use it?
Other players are using it and haven't really had a problem.
It would be a shame to deprive yourself of it, it's such a good mod that we're not used to finding.

I am having an issue with Sexlab in the MCM menu.  Whenever i go to the MCM to look at sexlabs setting i get a CTD, i have tried reinstalling SexLab and Skyui and it is still happening, anyone got any ideas what is going wrong? i am using Vortex as my MM and kinda wandering if that is problem but everything else works just fine including other LL Mods.

12 minutes ago, kyriswolfman said:

I am having an issue with Sexlab in the MCM menu.  Whenever i go to the MCM to look at sexlabs setting i get a CTD, i have tried reinstalling SexLab and Skyui and it is still happening, anyone got any ideas what is going wrong? i am using Vortex as my MM and kinda wandering if that is problem but everything else works just fine including other LL Mods.

Install the .NET Script Framework, start the game and make it crash again, then go look in your Data\NetScriptFramework\Crash folder for the text files that show stacktraces of your crashes.  Should help you narrow down what is going wrong.

17 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Sexlab who has trouble getting started when there are people in the same place, animations that have trouble, EFF who has trouble responding too. Could it come from my computer which is not powerful enough to follow at times?

6 hours ago, hana120 said:

Sexlab who has trouble getting started when there are people in the same place, animations that have trouble, EFF who has trouble responding too. Could it come from my computer which is not powerful enough to follow at times?

Yes, that's pretty much the point of all the responses you have gotten to your OP about LotD.... that and "the pot calling the kettle black" which means that LotD is the heavyweight mod that brings your machine to its knees- not SexLab.

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me with the error I'm receiving. Apparently I don't have the sexlab.esm and I was wondering where exactly it is? like I searched this whole site and I only find the frame work. Bare with me if this was a stupid mistake on my end, as I had taken a lengthy break from modding and am very rusty

18 minutes ago, JDSky said:

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me with the error I'm receiving. Apparently I don't have the sexlab.esm and I was wondering where exactly it is? like I searched this whole site and I only find the frame work. Bare with me if this was a stupid mistake on my end, as I had taken a lengthy break from modding and am very rusty

sexlab.esm is the esm  for Sexlab Framework.  If its missing you don't have sex lab installed correctly, perhaps not installed at all. 

Hi - I have Sexlab installed and working on a foundation provided by TucoGuide.   I use MO2 and my mod load order is attached.  I use Loot to sort.

Animations play fine and are properly triggered by the various add-ons.   My playthrough is completely stable (No CTDs to Level 20 and consistent 60 fps).  In other words, all works fine except, for some reason, the pc never opens her mouth during oral sex.  I've tested with Leito BJ animations, which I can see from the json file calls open_mouth, but it never happens.  

I feel like it may have something to do with load order or maybe MCM set up.  I've tried with SL Expressions checked and unchecked in MCM.  

Any troubleshooting suggestions?  I appreciate anyone's help in advance.

Mod Load Order.pdf

4 hours ago, Dez65 said:

Hi - I have Sexlab installed and working on a foundation provided by TucoGuide.   I use MO2 and my mod load order is attached.  I use Loot to sort.

Animations play fine and are properly triggered by the various add-ons.   My playthrough is completely stable (No CTDs to Level 20 and consistent 60 fps).  In other words, all works fine except, for some reason, the pc never opens her mouth during oral sex.  I've tested with Leito BJ animations, which I can see from the json file calls open_mouth, but it never happens.  

I feel like it may have something to do with load order or maybe MCM set up.  I've tried with SL Expressions checked and unchecked in MCM.  

Mod Load Order.pdf 297.76 kB · 1 download

Get this for facial animation/expressions to actually happen.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11669

Get this to allow mods the ability to run console commands (SL Triggers below can be used to close the mouth using this, otherwise it will be left open).

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24858

This mod, among many many other things, can use console commands (via ConsuleUtilSSE) from MFG FIX (above) to close the mouth after SL scenes.  Does lots of shit.  You might find you need fewer mods than you thought if you use this...very useful.  You can also learn to write your own stuff for it via JSON files.

4 hours ago, Dez65 said:

Mod Load Order.pdf 297.76 kB · 1 download

Skyrim expressions are notoriously wonky. Many ppl recommend Mfg Fix and Expressive Facial Animation - Female (there is also a Male edition).

14 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Skyrim expressions are notoriously wonky. Many ppl recommend Mfg Fix and Expressive Facial Animation - Female (there is also a Male edition).

I was able to get the mouths to open using mfg fix and Improved Blowjobs but only after resetting the Face Parts slider in Racemenu to 0.  After an initial issue with Expressive Facial Animations that seemed to break the mfg reset function in Mfg Fix, I was also able to get that running properly.  I'd still appreciate any insight you might have into why the mouths would not open at all with just SL just so I have a better understanding of this feature. 

I was also wondering if you could address another deficiency in my understanding of Sexlab.  Frequently, animations are misaligned, in particular those involving oral sex.  The Animation Editor in SL is a bit befuddling.  I can reposition the actors using the hotkeys fairly easily though.  Is there a way to save those changes to the animations?  Alternatively, is there a guide somewhere to using the animation editor to correct persistent misalignment?

Again, appreciate any insight.

Glad you got Mfg Fix and Expressive Facial Animations to play nice with each other, and that you now have open-mouthed blow jobs. :classic_tongue:

10 hours ago, Dez65 said:

I can reposition the actors using the hotkeys fairly easily though.  Is there a way to save those changes to the animations?

By default, SexLab saves your actor-position hotkey adjustments for either

• That particular Stage of that Animation, whenever it runs in the future; OR
  • All stages of that animation, whenever it runs in the future

Which of those two options your adjustments are saved to can be changed by holding down a modifier key- I'm not sure (because I'm not in-game and can't easily launch SSE right now due to some computer house cleaning I'm doing) , but I think it's the Ctrl key. You can find out what's what the way I did- by looking at the SexLab MCM.

Probably stupid question, but how do you use masturbation animations?  In LE, I remember there being a preview animation option in the mcm menu and I could just hit that and force masturbation, but after a quick look in the menus, I didn't see that option anymore.  Also, what does the spell Sexlab (self) do?  I know the other spell can be cast on an NPC and force sex, but when I cast the self, it doesn't appear to do anything..?  

I asked for help in the La Confrerie des Traducteurs site about the backup ctd, by placing my mods including Sexlabs, La Confrérie showed their disgust for the mod by answering me "Sexlab! That's it. Known to be well rotten ". Good after I can not blame them for that, since I go to the site to download their mod as I am French.
But if I deactivate Sexlabs and other script mods like Minty Lightning, etc, can that solve the problem of the ctd?
Because on my part with lotd, I had a ctd which is reapplied again by saving.

On 6/18/2020 at 6:25 PM, Vyxenne said:

Yes, that's pretty much the point of all the responses you have gotten to your OP about LotD.... that and "the pot calling the kettle black" which means that LotD is the heavyweight mod that brings your machine to its knees- not SexLab.

Could having a more powerful machine solve the problem?