SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

CTDs that I had so far:

- 9 out of 10 cases where "skeleton" or "mesh". And not "player" or "playable race". It was creature or (most cases) "custom followers that come with their own broken mesh and outdated skeleton". Solution: check creatures with Outfit Studio and delete crap followers (i usually play sneaky ninja assasion, so no lose here). Like ALL of them.

- skyrims .ini files where broken. Solution: let Steam do "verify local files". Start Skyrim once with regular launcher so .ini gets recreated

- corrupted so called improved walk/combat/whatever animations. Solution: uninstall and see if this is the case

- FNIS works, Nemesis is unfinished prototype

- improved weather and lightning mods. 99% of what the do is cool. Even more then cool. But that last 1% ... one was crashing, because it was nonstop scanning if theres an NPC with torch, so that it could swap vannila torch with "improved" torch ... that caused CTD. That "scan for NPC" was also main source of script lag. Solution: open CK/xEdit and delete part that scans for NPC

- improved combat/difficulty mod that does its job very good, but also does stuff "on hit" and "on weapon swing" ... that CTDs and boosts script lag sky high. Solution: CK/xEdit, remove "on hit" and "on weapon swing" stuff.

- SOS "full" is not the most stable mod. Because its swaping schlong non-stop. SOS lite is more stable. Because "bateries included".

- creature framework is, again, swaping creatures parts. Not so good.

- mods that non-stop scan whats going on ... all those "need for water and other things". Scanners. Script lag.

- THE worse script lag producers ... display cases and manequins(spelling?). Where you put your cool loot so you can see it. They have scripts to do thier stuff and most are broken beyond repair.  Get a custom player house with 100+ funky display cases and not even super quantum computer could run that. Solution: remove custom player houses and go out hunting monster saving the world

- CBPC stable, SMP not

Sexlab framework was never the cause of CTD for me. OK, as long as I don't activated "actor scaling" option.

9 hours ago, Fotogen said:

CTDs that I had so far:

- 9 out of 10 cases where "skeleton" or "mesh". And not "player" or "playable race". It was creature or (most cases) "custom followers that come with their own broken mesh and outdated skeleton". Solution: check creatures with Outfit Studio and delete crap followers (i usually play sneaky ninja assasion, so no lose here). Like ALL of them.

- skyrims .ini files where broken. Solution: let Steam do "verify local files". Start Skyrim once with regular launcher so .ini gets recreated

- corrupted so called improved walk/combat/whatever animations. Solution: uninstall and see if this is the case

- FNIS works, Nemesis is unfinished prototype

- improved weather and lightning mods. 99% of what the do is cool. Even more then cool. But that last 1% ... one was crashing, because it was nonstop scanning if theres an NPC with torch, so that it could swap vannila torch with "improved" torch ... that caused CTD. That "scan for NPC" was also main source of script lag. Solution: open CK/xEdit and delete part that scans for NPC

- improved combat/difficulty mod that does its job very good, but also does stuff "on hit" and "on weapon swing" ... that CTDs and boosts script lag sky high. Solution: CK/xEdit, remove "on hit" and "on weapon swing" stuff.

- SOS "full" is not the most stable mod. Because its swaping schlong non-stop. SOS lite is more stable. Because "bateries included".

- creature framework is, again, swaping creatures parts. Not so good.

- mods that non-stop scan whats going on ... all those "need for water and other things". Scanners. Script lag.

- THE worse script lag producers ... display cases and manequins(spelling?). Where you put your cool loot so you can see it. They have scripts to do thier stuff and most are broken beyond repair.  Get a custom player house with 100+ funky display cases and not even super quantum computer could run that. Solution: remove custom player houses and go out hunting monster saving the world

- CBPC stable, SMP not

Sexlab framework was never the cause of CTD for me. OK, as long as I don't activated "actor scaling" option.

The concern for me is Lotd is a mod where you expose your objects (artifact and relics). It is a museum.
After yes I have several house mods, I use True Storm, obsidian, Ineed, clean on myself, mod followers.
But if we remove all that, we might as well play in vanilla ... without mods.

2 hours ago, hana120 said:

Playing basic Skyrim again after playing it highly modded is like moving back into an apartment after living in a large house. It is livable in the strictest sense of the word but only just.

13 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Playing basic Skyrim again after playing it highly modded is like moving back into an apartment after living in a large house. It is livable in the strictest sense of the word but only just.

Yes. There are a lot of things we can do in vanilla but we are limited.
Vanilla character. ?
Vanilla quests 
Vanilla followers ?
Vanilla house 
And once you've gotten a taste of modding, it's hard to go back

9 hours ago, hana120 said:

The concern for me is Lotd is a mod where you expose your objects (artifact and relics). It is a museum.
After yes I have several house mods, I use True Storm, obsidian, Ineed, clean on myself, mod followers.

Atleast check timers. Check every mod, if it has MCM setting where you can set how often something is done. If possible, change settings so check is done not every second, but less offten. Dunno 20 seconds.

If check for "need" is done every second, your PC may not be able to handle it. But maybe your PC can handle a check every 30 seconds.

17 hours ago, hana120 said:

Vyxenne always faithful to the post as always. As soon as I post a message, she can't help replying to it with her teasing messages. ?

For someone for whom English is not the First Language, you do an amazing job of understanding my smartass humor™, which generally involves a play on words. That's why I keep picking on you. :classic_heart:

5 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

For someone for whom English is not the First Language, you do an amazing job of understanding my smartass humor™, which generally involves a play on words. That's why I keep picking on you. :classic_heart:

I use Google translation to translate afterwards. Yeah, I know it's not the best, but I'm going as fast as I can.

14 hours ago, Fotogen said:

Atleast check timers. Check every mod, if it has MCM setting where you can set how often something is done. If possible, change settings so check is done not every second, but less offten. Dunno 20 seconds.

If check for "need" is done every second, your PC may not be able to handle it. But maybe your PC can handle a check every 30 seconds.

Ineed, Clean on Self, True Storm, Sexlife are disabled as well as Sexlabs. Only aroused, Obsidian, SoS, and mods like Apocalypse etc. remain. Before I had Lotd, I didn't have it. But it's weird, others have this mod and have never been bothered like me.

51 minutes ago, Husky1o1 said:

No, this is perfectly fine. ?

1.jpg.249d23938121e992ddf0a8742252f583.jpg

On a serious note - your screen does not look like the most current SexLab for SE screen to me. Which version are you using?

i downloaded the one on the link, in the first comment here ...

Captura de pantalla (156).png

Okay, that is the right one. You scrolled down, that´s why I didn´t recognize it, sorry, my bad.

However, what you are seeing there doesn´t look like a specific SexLab problem to me. What other problems are you noticing in the game, and can you share the load order of of your other mods, please?

1 hour ago, Husky1o1 said:

Okay, that is the right one. You scrolled down, that´s why I didn´t recognize it, sorry, my bad.

However, what you are seeing there doesn´t look like a specific SexLab problem to me. What other problems are you noticing in the game, and can you share the load order of of your other mods, please?

Captura de pantalla (158).png

22 hours ago, Fotogen said:

I have Windstad Mine and Heljarchen farm as a mod that generates scripts for income.
Could it come from the worries?

On my part of my orsimer, I deactivate Flower Girl and I could notice that Sexlab worked better.
Both mods are fine. After for my other saves, I will have a choice.
Level gp rp and choice you will advise me what like to use them?

I have this issue where the NPC's do not play voice lines that are based around sexlabs (potentially a related mod?). The dialog shows up when I turned subtitles on but there are no voices. Additionally NPC's do not move their mouths at all to said voice lines so I wondered if it was not running part of the script. That said, the character response menu for advancing the conversation occurs after a set time so I imagine that it is playing the lines; just nothing is happening. If a NPC says something from the base game then their voices work just fine.

I tried deleting the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini files as a troubleshooting guide said to do but it did nothing. I also tried downloading HD voice lines but that didnt work so I reverted back to the normal files. I also reset the voice and animation registry in the MCM but it too did not work. Finally the mod manager that I use is Vortex. 

If anyone can help then that would be awesome. Also if this issue was already addressed then I apologize but I couldn't find the answer. :( 

This depends on the mod itsself. Sometimes mods will simply trigger existing vanilla dialogues. They work. But if they add their own dialogues, the have not necessarily also added audio to them (the dialogues are just not fully voiced). And even if the do have audio, the have not necessarily added the lip sync data to it. This has to be supplied by the modder and needs to be part of the mod. Most of the time this is simply not there.

21 hours ago, Husky1o1 said:

This depends on the mod itsself. Sometimes mods will simply trigger existing vanilla dialogues. They work. But if they add their own dialogues, the have not necessarily also added audio to them (the dialogues are just not fully voiced). And even if the do have audio, the have not necessarily added the lip sync data to it. This has to be supplied by the modder and needs to be part of the mod. Most of the time this is simply not there.

I don't have a lot of mods installed at the moment and i'm willing to bet that they are decently popular considering where we are (and since they have been around for a few years) that there would not be any dialog supported\featured. I tried to do a bit more troubleshooting to see if I could find the issue. I disabled my 2 mods that had voice based responses and added them back one at a time. I checked Deviously: Cursed Loot first and none of the dialog worked for solicitation nor any of it's other features. I then tried the same with Deviously Helpless which has prompts for NPC's trying to understand you while your gagged. The gagged sounds from the DD mod played, but the NPC's wouldn't actually say anything despite it displaying text for things like "come again" or "what was that?". Is it possible that both these mods have issues or does it lie somewhere in just my system?