SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

On 5/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, Dragoncoc696969 said:

Japanese Sex Voice. Do i have to reinstall sexlab? Cz i deleted the default ones. I didn't override. I just deleted the default & put there the mod files.

Did you follow all the installation instructions? For that mod and the other mod that it requires?

On 5/27/2020 at 7:11 PM, Vyxenne said:

No, you should only use one mod manager at a time! Vortex is head and shoulders above NMM in terms of what it does for you and even ease of use- it's very intuitive to use. But if you don't want to spend a few minutes setting it up then use NMM. You can install SexLab (and any other mods) equally well with NMM, but you will not be able to manage conflicts nearly as well with NMM as you can with Vortex.

The very worst thing you can do (other than trying to master running a load order manually when you can't be bothered to set up a more competent mod manager) is use multiple mod managers, which just obscures your mods' status by assuring that you will never see a complete picture of your mod situation on either of them.

Had a feeling that was the case, it's just NMM made everything more convenient with it's supported tools menu and custom launch but I can migrate to vortex.

Now because I don't wanna break my game, my mods, etc how should I go about switching all my mods from NMM to Vortex?

1 hour ago, PinkySamich said:

Had a feeling that was the case, it's just NMM made everything more convenient with it's supported tools menu and custom launch but I can migrate to vortex.

Now because I don't wanna break my game, my mods, etc how should I go about switching all my mods from NMM to Vortex?

Vortex supports (and integrates with) all the tools that NMM supports (FNIS, SSEEdit, BodySlide, Wrye Bash, etc. etc.), and maybe a few more (forgot what NMM 0.60+ supports). The way you switch from NMM to Vortex mid-playthrough is:

1. Back up your entire Skyrim Special Edition folder, plus your ?:\Users\[you]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition folder where your ini's are
  2. Download and install Vortex
  3. Take a few moments to set up at least FNIS in Vortex- you might as well do BodySlide and SSEEdit too while you're at it. There is a "Get Started button in the Voprtex Dashboard so it couldn't be much easier to do. Don't worry about LOOT, it's already in Vortex
  4. Take a deep breath, hold on to your Glutes and press the "Import from NMM" button (it worked fine for me with 200 mods (at the time I switched)
  5. If it doesn't work for some reason, fear not- the Interwebs are chock-a-block full of "calm down it's just a game and here's how to fix it" videos. As a last resort, you can always copy your backups back in, but really, you shouldn't have to
  6. If it becomes completely FUBAR, you can always do what I did a couple of nights ago when I gave up figuring out which one of my mods was killing AH-Hotkeys- I made a new Vortex test-profile with only SKSE64, SkyUI and AH-Hotkeys installed, then started a new playthrough the old fashioned way- in a wagon on the way to Helgen. AH-Hotkeys worked, I still don't know which mod killed it but I just cleared BFB on my new character:

20200528022516_1.jpg

17 hours ago, tasairis said:

Did you follow all the installation instructions? For that mod and the other mod that it requires?

I did installed required mods but forgot to install the esp of it as i installed it manually, thanks for that. Ill check now if it works. However, the required mod says its incompatible for SE. I guess this mod won't work for me after all.

On 5/31/2020 at 4:17 PM, tasairis said:

What? Since when? And since I'm not finding a relevant OnUpdate event, what's triggering the automatic installation?

i've seen it auto install before, mostly when reloading a save file where i did not get around to clicking on install yet.

22 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i've seen it auto install before, mostly when reloading a save file where i did not get around to clicking on install yet.

Found it: if you load a game with SexLab ready but not installed, it'll wait 30 seconds and start installing automatically. Huh.

6 hours ago, tasairis said:

Found it: if you load a game with SexLab ready but not installed, it'll wait 30 seconds and start installing automatically. Huh.

I'll be honest... I really can't remember what my logic for doing that was... If I had a guess though, I probably moved sexlab to not auto-installing to avoid overloading papyrus on a new save and figured once loading a save the load would be lower or the user was dumb and couldn't figure out the manual install and it should just autoinstall at that point to save them the hassle of figuring it out.

The manual install start does serve a purpose beyond that though, by forcing users to look at the list of system requirement checks before installing (assuming they don't just ignore it and click install). I'm entirely open to removing the auto-install in any case if people feel it'd be for the best, seeing as I can't really remember why I did the install on load thing anyway.

Bug report?
Adding armor items to NPC actor during scene causes them to redress and stay geared. Not sure if it is affected by other mods in my install, but several people reported redress bug as well when using config with SL Triggers, which utilizes AddItem function. Doesn't matter if item is added via script or console command.

30 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

Bug report?
Adding armor items to NPC actor during scene causes them to redress and stay geared. Not sure if it is affected by other mods in my install, but several people reported redress bug as well when using config with SL Triggers, which utilizes AddItem function. Doesn't matter if item is added via script or console command.

Adding items to NPC's during a scene is the wrong thing to be doing.

Edit: To be clear, the behavior you're reporting as a bug is normal vanilla game behavior when items are added to NPCs.  Nothing to do with Sexlab.

23 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

Just checked it, yeah I agree on that, it is not SL related.
But you probably realize that for some mods are actively using item adding on SL scenes and "not redressing" on adding item is a vital function for them to function properly?

23 hours ago, BreadDain said:

Just checked it, yeah I agree on that, it is not SL related.
But you probably realize that for some mods are actively using item adding on SL scenes and "not redressing" on adding item is a vital function for them to function properly?

This behavior has been normal for Skyrim and Sexlab for years, regardless of LE or SE versions.  The mistakes others make are their own.

There are some options already available:

• Add SexlabNoStrip keyword to the item (minor edit/patch to plugin defining the keyword in the ARMOR record for the item)

OR

• Flag the slot used by the item to be ignored during stripping in the Sexlab MCM

In both cases, equip the item BEFORE Sexlab tries to strip or the original re-equipping issue is still going to occur.  Anything done after the N/PC is stripped is going to be subject to the vanilla game behavior

Another thing for those modders to investigate is maybe to remove all N/PC items from their inventory into a temporary container, do whatever mid-scene equipping, then re-add items after everything is complete.  That's going to require additional programming, however.  I don't know if there is way to halt or control the vanilla game's re-equipping logic, aside from removing the inventory of the N/PC. 

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

Another thing for those modders to investigate is maybe to remove all N/PC items from their inventory into a temporary container, do whatever mid-scene equipping, then re-add items after everything is complete.  That's going to require additional programming, however.  I don't know if there is way to halt or control the vanilla game's re-equipping logic, aside from removing the inventory of the N/PC. 

I have learned from experience that removing items that are hotkeyed in Favorites causes Skyrim/SkyUI to "forget" their hotkey binds, such that when restored, the items are no longer hotkeyed. This is most evident in the 3 vanilla quests that strip the PC of all equipped and inventory items ("empty the bags") - The Thalmor Embassy Party, "Nobody Escapes Cidhna Mine" and... and... some other quest whose name I knew when I started typing this but has now flown the coop (the coop being my brain) :classic_blush: ... or maybe there are only two "empty the bags" quests... just shoot me now...

44 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I have learned from experience that removing items that are hotkeyed in Favorites causes Skyrim/SkyUI to "forget" their hotkey binds, such that when restored, the items are no longer hotkeyed. This is most evident in the 3 vanilla quests that strip the PC of all equipped and inventory items ("empty the bags") - The Thalmor Embassy Party, "Nobody Escapes Cidhna Mine" and... and... some other quest whose name I knew when I started typing this but has now flown the coop (the coop being my brain) :classic_blush: ... or maybe there are only two "empty the bags" quests... just shoot me now...

I've noticed this when moving items from inventory to other containers as well.  I haven't tested it, but seems it should also happen when you're arrested and jailed?

1 hour ago, Dichromaniac said:

I am having an issue that sexlab is not detecting papyrusutil 3.9 and will not install is there a fix for this?

What mod manager are you using?  There isn't anything wrong with Sexlab or PapyrusUtils, as they currently are, so your issue would have to be some aspect of your installation process.

I am having issue with animation limit.

I used SLAL and registered animations and reset sexlab animation registry again.  Total registerd animation limit was under 750 each(human 427/creature 584) 

But whenever I registered new animation, always some animations are missing from sexlab animation list in Sexlab MCM. I can't play that animation but it's still properly registered through FNIS and SLAL. 

15 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

What mod manager are you using?  There isn't anything wrong with Sexlab or PapyrusUtils, as they currently are, so your issue would have to be some aspect of your installation process.

I figured it out, I deleted my papyrus and reinstalled after sexlab and profits