Site questions, comments, and suggestions

Just one idea and suggestion.

I compliment and welcome the work of the translators who are doing wonderful work translating LL mods in their language for none English speaking users. Since they are very active the download page is full of Spanish, French and Italian translations. Now, wouldn't be better to create a special sections for translated mods and leave English mods separated. The problem is in long scrolling through the download pages because there are great number of translated mods. So, having the "Translated mods" section would be better for none speaking English people for they will find their mods much faster. Also, extra problems comes out from some translators who doesn't name their translated mods according to the language they translated. Finding out that it is not the mod in English make some of us (ME) disappointed and I feel trick for I expected the upgrade from the mod I looked for and I follow. I wasted my time in going to the wrong direction. It's time consuming.

Do as you like but I think this is something handy for both parties.

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

I compliment and welcome...........................

I join, it would be great because these translations are like traps for me. (except the Germans, they are well marked with flags)

Edited by Klaxon
12 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

I compliment and welcome the work of the translators who are doing wonderful work translating LL mods in their language for none English speaking users. Since they are very active the download page is full of Spanish, French and Italian translations. Now, wouldn't be better to create a special sections for translated mods and leave English mods separated. The problem is in long scrolling through the download pages because there are great number of translated mods. So, having the "Translated mods" section would be better for none speaking English people for they will find their mods much faster. Also, extra problems comes out from some translators who doesn't name their translated mods according to the language they translated. Finding out that it is not the mod in English make some of us (ME) disappointed and I feel trick for I expected the upgrade from the mod I looked for and I follow. I wasted my time in going to the wrong direction. It's time consuming.

I have to agree, we did not notice at first that our translations ended up on the main page.  Some of us started using flags for the translation logo or putting the language in its title, but we would rather have avoided it.  I feel like Clubs content shouldn't be on the main downloads page, or at least be separated from the rest.

We don't translate the mods name because we want people to be able to find a translation based on the original name.

Edited by mangalo
34 minutes ago, Shadowhawk827 said:

Quick comment / question?  Is there an option to turn back on the "Who's Online" that used to be at the bottom of the forums main page?

Like most folks, I generally ignored it, but sometimes it was nice to be able to see if somebody was online to drop them a private message or whatever.

I believe I saw a reply earlier that stated that the minor features like the "who's online" and "currently viewing thread" lists have been disabled for the time being to reduce server load.  I wouldn't expect to see them back until after the server can better handle the weekend peak activity spikes. 

49 minutes ago, Shadowhawk827 said:

Quick comment / question?  Is there an option to turn back on the "Who's Online" that used to be at the bottom of the forums main page?

Like most folks, I generally ignored it, but sometimes it was nice to be able to see if somebody was online to drop them a private message or whatever.

Click on the button "Browse" and then on "online users".

This feature is really power intensive, so better to have it disabled for everybody landing on the main page.

14 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

There are benefits as you mention as well as drawbacks.

I'd like to also suggest that there is an option of a club for specific language for mod translations... Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese etc, etc. This club can also be a great place for those that are having problems to post questions and links to the forum pages where they are trying to get some assistance or have pieces of info but aren't quite getting it due to language differences. The members can get together and work on projects that will help them. Translate mods, get feedback with those that are fluent in the original language for accuracy, etc, etc.

Even if these mods are separated into dedicated sections for translated mods in specific languages, the clubs can still be a major assistance on this matter as well.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, Jazzman said:

Right page margin is gone, located somewhere far right beyond the edge of the 1920 px screen.  IE 11 in use.  Can't view/ comment/ post appropriately.  Any ideas?

Same issue here. Posts are stretched almost infinitely to the right. It makes reading any posts with more then a few short sentences impossible. There have been no replies I believe to Jazzman or have there?

To post this I need to scroll to the right for about a minute :(

Edited by Sundance
typo

I have nothing to complain about, not until now.
only that much, I want to thank everyone here, especially @Ashal, that LL new has become good! ;)

but now it comes, since yesterday Nexus is officially only new to reach, and I can not cope with this new design. :(
that worst, huge banner ad, I've still never used Ad Blocker in my life although I hate advertising!
I know that websites are financed by advertising, but since I can not handle Nexus anymore, should not they earn money through me! 

1 hour ago, Sundance said:

Same issue here. Posts are stretched almost infinitely to the right. It makes reading any posts with more then a few short sentences impossible. There have been no replies I believe to Jazzman or have there?

Strange for me, the page is completely visible.
one centimeter left and right are free (black border)!
I always see the complete text, no scrolling required.

7 hours ago, Sundance said:

Over here it was caused by Internet Explorer. Firefox does nicely and in case one likes it wide, take this Firefox add-on style

Edit: Scroll down and ya know exactly why I don't get replies, as you put it - some guys are as blind as a bat.

Edited by Jazzman
5 hours ago, Sundance said:

Sundance, are you by any chance browsing with I.E.?

23 minutes ago, TomatoEddie said:

Sundance, are you by any chance browsing with I.E.?

I can confirm what TomatoEddie has asked. I tried it with I.E and the page is all kinds of wonky, namely the post stretching almost infinitely to the right. Just checked shortly before this post.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

^ copy of what I view. There is a massive scroll bar at the bottom that goes and goes to the right. It is small indicating some hint at how large the forum page actually is. You can see the ending page (view able) with the arrow to return to the top. This is a 2 k monitor. Most current I.E. (not Edge running Win 7x64 if that matters)

Hope that helps @Ashal @CPU

Edited by ritualclarity
7 hours ago, Sundance said:

Until @Ashal can address this, if he can, you might want to try Firefox or Chrome.  Both are working well enough for me.

There's a reason developers hate IE, usually requires some workarounds to display the same as other browsers, workarounds that only work in IE and break the display for others. IE CSS fixes aren't my forte, I prefer to ignorantly believe people don't use IE at all, least of all the kind of people who would be visiting a gaming mod site.

But in any case, I'll do what I can. If anybody good with IE specific CSS fixes is willing to take a crack at it though, let me know what you come up with.

7 minutes ago, Ashal said:

There's a reason developers hate IE, usually requires some workarounds to display the same as other browsers, workarounds that only work in IE and break the display for others. IE CSS fixes aren't my forte, I prefer to ignorantly believe people don't use IE at all, least of all the kind of people who would be visiting a gaming mod site.

But in any case, I'll do what I can. If anybody good with IE specific CSS fixes is willing to take a crack at it though, let me know what you come up with.

I will try during the weekend. And try to concentrate on IE11, because Edge looks acceptable (not good as Chrome or FFox.)

@Ashal good to know. At least now if someone complains about this issue we can guide them a solution. That is if/when this can be fixed. Thanks

Spoiler

Honestly, I thought the provider of the forum software would have a fix/module for I.E however, yes, most of the world likes to think nobody uses I.E. :P I only use it for my work computer and that is because to access the services and other things i need I.E. Even though that is true, they are even moving from IE to chrome for more and more (and in doing so making it a requirement to use Chrome for those services... Now I have to use 2 browsers at work at the same time :bawling:

On the subject of the forums and software. I really miss the angry emoticon. :cry:

5 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

@Ashal good to know. At least now if someone complains about this issue we can guide them a solution. That is if/when this can be fixed. Thanks

Hide contents

Honestly, I thought the provider of the forum software would have a fix/module for I.E however, yes, most of the world likes to think nobody uses I.E. :P I only use it for my work computer and that is because to access the services and other things i need I.E. Even though that is true, they are even moving from IE to chrome for more and more (and in doing so making it a requirement to use Chrome for those services... Now I have to use 2 browsers at work at the same time :bawling:

On the subject of the forums and software. I really miss the angry emoticon. :cry:

It looks fine with the default IPB theme, which you can select from the theme selector to see. So it's a problem with the custom theme.

19 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Reveal hidden contents

:-)
RitualClarity,

sorry for what i'm going to write, but your Avatar already is an Angry Emoticon, buddy! :D

seriously, now: if i want to show any anger or alike, all i do is send the person a sweet little picture such as this:

a_bull_hit__by_kyurem600-d5zof7p.jpg.2f09e49bd6ebf292b550258c99492308.jpg

those rare cases where an image is worth a million words. :-)

Edited by TomatoEddie
because i'm stupid!

Edited 2 hours ago by Jazzman

@Ashal et al

Is it possible that you guys remove the above irrelevant message type that serves no real purpose or prolong the time span b/t correction adjustment frame (?) and the following edit frame? Right now it lasts for just a blink of an eye and is thus not usable.