Is Anyone Using the Creation Club?

Ernest Lemmingway

Using the Creation Club  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Bethesda's Creation Club?

• Yes, I've paid for mods from it or downloaded free mods from it.
    • No, I've never used it.
    • What's this "Creation Club?"

10 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

Beth/Zeni will forever be cursed by the legacy of the infamous "horse armor." As an admitted victim of that steaming pile of dog-shit they tried to pass off as DLC I can definitely see them going the same route with this CC shit-show. I have SSE (got it free) and I have FO4 (also free - a gift). I've looked through the stuff they have available and, frankly, it's ridiculous. Honestly, I'm waiting for them to start trying to rip the free modding community off of some of their ideas and pass them off in the CC. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest....

Being a victim of the Horse armor is a forgivable event... it was new and people weren't aware of what was going on. Being a victim of the current practices of Bethesda... is much less forgivable.

There are many ideas that they have from the free modding community (from what I have seen with video reviews) and these mods were here already. In many cases they were better than the Beth options. I for one, am waiting for them to try to force any mods to be obtained through their services.

Well, this is the way of every game company that makes good games. They become larger, they become corporate, and they become less willing to take new risks and focus more and more on profits. They slowly extract themselves from the niche canyon they made it in while surrounded by dinosaurs, and take over the roaming plains of cattle around. I just hope soon there will be another RPG company that makes games with the sort of attributes that made TES such a great series from the start and doesn't sell its soul for a while. I feel like Bethesda has been holding out against that pretty well over the years, but perhaps now things are starting to come to an end, we'll see.

Personally, I am hoping that RPG companies stop treating random generation as the budget option, and go back to it, so we can see some RPGs that are both huge and interesting. The real potential there is with gameplay like Minecraft: a focus on exploration (meaning it must have enough variation, as well as semi-unique features) as well as self-building - so something like Tundra/Wasteland Defense mod for Fallout/Skyrim (or Bethesda's rip-off version) would be an ideal combination with that.

However, this doesn't mean that a world like Minecraft (or 7 Days to Die, or Star Citizen) can't have a setting like Skyrim within it - it could just be either within a huge wilderness to play in - or spread out amongst said huge wilderness, with smaller, slightly more generic villages and quests inbetween, and a reasonable fast travel compromise.

• 2 weeks later...

does it count as "using" if you ninja'd all the ba2 files bethesda force installed and then accidentally found the matching esl's on reddit and then made a mo folder for them before they realised the true error of their ways?

the people avoiding fo4 and sse because of it are just wasting their brain power and our lovely website's database space. it takes no effort to ignore it. and it takes 2 second to install a mod that removes it from the ui.

its not like they went full assassin's creedtard and made a door that wont let you in until you buy more shit. had they done that i'd be with you.

2 hours ago, darkconsole said:

does it count as "using" if you ninja'd all the ba2 files bethesda force installed and then accidentally found the matching esl's on reddit and then made a mo folder for them before they realised the true error of their ways?

the people avoiding fo4 and sse because of it are just wasting their brain power and our lovely website's database space. it takes no effort to ignore it. and it takes 2 second to install a mod that removes it from the ui.

its not like they went full assassin's creedtard and made a door that wont let you in until you buy more shit.

SHOCKING! You sir/miss are a PIRATE

Image result for Pirate

:tongue: LOL.

They deserve it when they load your ship (computer) up with the gold (assets) without asking permission. ;)

If a game was a playground but you needed to continuously pay money to go back and play on it, at what point do you create a caste system when only the richest can afford to play. The modding community under its free distribution system keeps people coming back not just as people picking up free content but also a place where ideas are expressed and shared. How many authors here used others code to learn what they needed to create their own mods for example.
I'm sorry but the way I see it CC may keep Bethesda in business or it may just keep the CEO rich and possibly complacent when it comes to releasing new games and their content, whatever the case taxing modder's and encouraging modder's to sell their product is a form cancer and social suicide.

• 1 month later...

It's great to see that Beths are making mods 100% compatible and easy to install for their games because hey! Their games are still alive only because of mods. But damn...5$ or something like that for some retextures that I can download from Nexus? And what if they ever wanted to put on CC mods like Enderal or (I doubt it) mods like SexLab? Will they cost 20 maybe 30$? Only because Bethesda checked them and said "ok, they are compatible with our game"...it's just microtransactions (favorite word on the internet since Battlefront 2 :tongue: ) but in some other, very strange form.

It's pretty obvious that, at least among members of this site, the CC is a flop. I just wish this poll was more indicative of Bethesda players as a whole and their usage. And I just got to say this:

Modding has always been about two things: sharing and respect. Modders share their work and (most) users of mods respect their efforts. There are always a few bad apples on both sides but the community was able to largely weed them out. When Bethesda launched BethNet, and then the CC, it was a slap in the face of both values. Requiring people to pay real money to buy virtual currency to get their work is not sharing, and their attitude on social media and in practice both show clear disrespect for PC modders. They may claim they're trying to aid the modding community but anyone who looks at the details will realize it's all about making them money by catering to console gamers alone. Pete Hines himself summed up their attitude by referring to "users of script extenders" as "a significant minority." If that's how they view the people who have kept their games not just relevant but popular for the past fifteen years, are we going to do something about it? Or will we just roll over and take it by continuing to buy their products and submit mods to both BethNet and the CC?

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, ToJKa said:

And it's still not worth it :tongue:

Seriously? Dog skins now for 200 scamoney each?

Remind me, what's the difference between EA and Bethesda again?

Apart from the "developer serial killer" part, i mean.

the diference  is that those muppet at betsofwort play it smart and the whole ordeal of lootboxes dont apply, you know what you are buying at all times, still fuck em. i pay for the game, anything on the creation club i will take it as a free salad bar, if and when they put something good on it, which they havent so far

pirate-gif-4.gif

The Creation Club is shit. I still thankfully haven't updated to the version of Fallout 4 with CC. Fallout 4 is just sitting in my steam downloads menacingly staring me down every time i go to my downloads. I'm still very disappointed in Bethesda for being so greedy and creating such a burden on everybody. I wish you all luck in dealing with CC yourself. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

I downloaded the free Mudcrab Armor. That means that I had to change my answer even if I only used it once and no money exchanged accounts. 

I think it is OK to download their free content if you so desired. The problem comes in when you start paying for the content. That would encourage them to continue with the project and perhaps move further into paid modding and such. Perhaps even make it so you had to pay for the modding tools to create the content etc..

I for one still haven't downloaded or used any of their content. Well, to be perfectly clear... I haven't played that dam game either :tongue: since they start that crap.... ;)

I really liked the playground post, it reminded me of Disneyland, sims online (a prewar version, you weren't born yet) and some other game I can't remember the name of,

that gave User very plain clothes and subjected them to ridicule until they broke down and bought Castro's clothes and beard.

You could shop at shops, or talk to residents, or be decadent and fly around on your expensive hoverboard.

F4 is much nicer compared to them, a commercial or two about multicolored dog-collars in large-easy-to-read text.

I started "witcher 2" today.

My player muttered something about it being a shithole, and I came here looking for the "God" mod.

I got lost here. It was fun, thanks.

Seriously though, there's a console cheat I'd love to have. And on that train of thought, there's prolly a mod to tell fallout 4 you already own mods, so stop the commercials.

I mean theres not much to use surprisingly. I mean after all the time bethesda talks about it and shoves it in you're face they don't have much to show for it. That being said, I have used it for the free items. When it first came out I bought a pipboy skin just cuz, although I spent nothing, the points were given to me for free by bethesda.

Archived