6 hours ago, Chroom22 said:

iFPSclamp=59 in skyrim prefs.

You must limit this with your driver utilities - e.g. nVidia control panel. Nothing else works. Really. Neither ENB, nor vanilla frame limiting is entirely reliable. It's a driver issue, and apparently can only be fixed at the driver level.

6 hours ago, Chroom22 said:

How do you disable/enable it when it's on your character?

Short answer: disable/reenable yourself.

DF decided to use this incredibly bothersome model because it seemed cool to have the dialog about the chain etc.

However, many players have troubles with HDT chains.

The device is a fixed requirement, unlike many in DF. You can't wear some other collar instead.

However, you can edit the DF esp and modify the device.

The CK is best for this. It's harder in Tes5Edit.

Load up DF as the active mod in the CK.

Look in Armor and find the collar - filter on "collar" or something to help locate it.

Edit it, and swap the AA item for some other DD collar's AA item, save, and you're done.

HDT problems gone, because now your slave collar looks like a padded collar, harness collar, or whatever you set.

Or use first person :) 

18 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Short answer: disable/reenable yourself.

DF decided to use this incredibly bothersome model because it seemed cool to have the dialog about the chain etc.

However, many players have troubles with HDT chains.

The device is a fixed requirement, unlike many in DF. You can't wear some other collar instead.

However, you can edit in the DF esp and modify the device.

The CK is best for this. It's harder in Tes5Edit.

Load up DF as the active mod in the CK.

Look in Armor and find the collar - filter on "collar" or something to help locate it.

Edit it, and swap the AA item for some other DD collar's AA item, save, and you're done.

HDT problems gone, because now your slave collar looks like a padded collar, harness collar, or whatever you set.

Or use first person :) 

Funnily enough it's fixed. Dunno what I did but I booted up the game and it was fixed. In fact I did nothing, I had even booted up the game before. Haven't had the issue again since. 

Modding Skyrim in a nutshell.

1 hour ago, Malphias said:

One simple question....what the hell is a "Bear" deal?

The follower should explain what the deal is and how it works and for how long. I have no idea what a 'Bear' deal is and what I'm supposed to do with it.

You should get a notification at the top left of the screen. If you aren't certain or you missed it you can look it up in the MCM in the stats tab. You can also just ask to buy out of a deal and look at the ones that are there. If you want to buy out of a bear deal then leave the talk menu then look up the bear menu rules in the stats tab.

Could definitely be simpler, such as just asking your follower the rules and them actually listing them but it's manageable. Don't really know why there's named deals though. Seems like it would work fine if they were just named after the deals themselves.

13 hours ago, Chroom22 said:

Could definitely be simpler, such as just asking your follower the rules and them actually listing them but it's manageable. Don't really know why there's named deals though. Seems like it would work fine if they were just named after the deals themselves.

Yes, the modular deals reporting is kind of painful now, and even stranger - a debug messagebox could have shown the text that is in the MCM just as well, or better.

I don't know why it is the way it is. It seems Lozeak just didn't want to use that way of assembling text.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Yes, the modular deals reporting is kind of painful now, and even stranger - a debug messagebox could have shown the text that is in the MCM just as well, or better.

I don't know why it is the way it is. It seems Lozeak just didn't want to use that way of assembling text.

I realize it's all just a matter of personal taste but I really dislike debug messageboxes popping up in the middle of play so I'll put up with the MCM to indulge my pet hate :classic_wink:

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I just may uninstall it. I wracked up a ton of debt by setting her (follower's) pay to 10k gold a day. Got strapped with a ton of bondage devices and....that's it? What's the point? Is there a purpose I am missing?

1 hour ago, Malphias said:

I just may uninstall it. I wracked up a ton of debt by setting her (follower's) pay to 10k gold a day. Got strapped with a ton of bondage devices and....that's it? What's the point? Is there a purpose I am missing?

Its in part a foreplay mod.  It's about the struggle and you totally skipped that by setting the pay to like 2400% the recommended.  The game play only happens if there is a gradual decent.  The follower tricks and bullies the PC into debt, the PC resists by making deals that grant a short term reprieve in exchange for some sort of kinky service to the follower.  Whatever freedom you sign away will ultimately lead to needing to make more and more deals with the follower and sinking further into servitude.  

Now what you are experiencing is likely punishment for not paying your follower.  The payment is not automatic by default.  You need to either pay her, or make deals to reduce your debt.

Eventually when you make enough deals you will end up enslaved, which adds some more restrictions and can lead to you being sold off/abandoned ect.

Like all kink mods DF does expect you to play along at least a little bit, you must have a follower, be willing to pay her not just instantly try to kill her ect.  I would also recommend you try your kink mods at the recommended settings before you immediately jump setting to extremes (all mods not just DF).  Also remember that many kink mods are not designed with 'winning' as a goal.

You will enjoy DF if you enjoy employer>employee>slave transformation kinks, bullying/humiliation/trickery, and of course bondage.

2 hours ago, Malphias said:

Don't decide to pay your follower 10000 gold per day? 

A Devious Follower isn't going to meekly follow you, and is not interested in excuses.

The point is to test. Not wait until I have a level 85 character before discovering a mod is bad and force me to start all over.  Every mod I have is tested before I get too far into the game.  Like I said, I don't think this mod is for me. I could see being enslaved and pimped out to earn, or acquire certain items/potions that could reduce debt (like wanting a XXX Potion of Magica).  Or something else that forces the player into dangerous dungeons in order to get them. But all this...serves no point. It goes nowhere. I will probably remove it, I don't like followers. They are always doing something stupid or getting lost.  The other day I was on a quest and passed too near a bandit camp. My followers (I had a dog along part of a Vanilla quest) attacked them. I ran right by but would they follow me....noooo. They had to cause a ruckus. Lucky for me the dog turned out to be invulnerable. As we lay on the ground the dog wiped out about 10 bandits.

12 hours ago, Malphias said:

My issue with the deals is that I would get set with a bunch of 'deals' that equipped conflicting devices and crash my game.

Great Mod.  Have been using it since you started it, and it just gets better and better.  Thank you for all your work!

Any way you could allow us to adjust the starting willpower/resistance of our pcs?  

Thanks again!

"Plans for future

More Deals!

Difficultly tweaking with willpower!

Another mode a little like gold mode but forcing you to carry things."

forcing you to carry things - have you thought of using SLUTS mod?  or some derivative of it.   The follower turns you into a pack mule - say having you carry all the loot in a dungeon?  or makes you do the SLUTS thing to pay the follower?   just brainstorming.  and my brain is a little squishy.   

4 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

"a bunch of stuff doesn't work"

isn't the kind of feedback people can help you with

I mean like being settled with wearing a straight jacket then also being set with a deal that has you wear a pet suit in town and the game crashes trying to do both at once.

On 8/6/2019 at 5:32 PM, DarmanSejuk said:

My issue with the deals is that I would get set with a bunch of 'deals' that equipped conflicting devices and crash my game.

Sounds like your game has problems.

While DF, in its current form, can trigger an event that conflicts with a deal, it definitely won't crash your game.

Personally, I fixed my dialog conditions so that I don't get those event-deal conflicts. I cared enough about my DF working to fix those things.

It wasn't rocket science, but I may have spent more time modifying DF than most.

I think the core deal-confict-prevention code is probably OK. Haven't seen it go wrong yet, but that wouldn't be hard to fix either, if I had an actual bug to address.

At one point I had a largely rewritten version of it, where all the variables had names that indicated what they were for, instead of being D, Q, R, and A, etc., along with some gold-mode changes and other tweaks. It's so obsolete now, it's just trash. I said I wouldn't modify my DF again after throwing that away, but the dialog conditions was less work, and it's really the only way to get the problems fixed.

You can make your DF safe by disabling some deals that conflict, but I wanted those deals in my game, so I had to find another way.

So i got to this getting enslaved part after debt got bad. She gave me a town collar to put on, but i wanted to see what happens if i don't, for science!

She declared i'm free sex for anyone and so some sex started right away. During animation she decided to put prisoner chains on me with some *Click* chat-line. Then afterwards complains i'm not wearing town collar, and i can't put it on because of the chains (they include collar visually). Problems:

- Scripted interaction with player during sex.

- Incompatible restraint logic.

Earlier she just said "I'll add some random rule to bear deal", and then i was given no notification on what changed.

Later on a different deal case she gave me arm and leg cuffs, but i was already wearing those by deal.

She follows to DCL's Dagonar prison. i told her to wait at the door but she keeps adding debt. Paused mod. - After time passed i was escaping through different entrance and she would have been left there. So i used command to move camera through walls to get her ID and teleported to me, then told to follow again and resume mod.

Also a suggestion to include bell plugs in the no-signs condition that already exists for deals. Adding HDT like that and potentially covered by chastity belt is a long term increased chance for CTD's. Anything but bells, maybe the inflatable one with a few squeezes or cursed plug if you're mean.

My follower stops giving my character the devices when I agree to a new deal. It works at first but after a while it just stops and I have to reinstall the mod. Any reasons?

Never mind. Found a work around. You need to build the device.json file again. Which I do by reinstalling the mod then loading back an older save once the json file loads. Don't know why this is happening though. It's pretty out of my way to fix it. Is there a permanent fix for this or at least an easier way to temporarily fix it?

18 hours ago, Zaflis said:

So i got to this getting enslaved part after debt got bad. She gave me a town collar to put on, but i wanted to see what happens if i don't, for science!

She declared i'm free sex for anyone and so some sex started right away. During animation she decided to put prisoner chains on me with some *Click* chat-line. Then afterwards complains i'm not wearing town collar, and i can't put it on because of the chains (they include collar visually).

Heh. See my post just above yours. The existing dialog conditions have quite a lot of cases like this where conflicting items can be equipped.

Months ago, I went through DF and PM'd Lozeak a bunch of details about which ones were problematic, and also posted a bunch more here.

Since then, I've fixed my own version of them, in the way I want them fixed, and I suggest you just do the same.