13 hours ago, AkiKay said:

I have an idea for an option. I really don´t like how my follower equips multiple colors and materials of devices on me. An option to choose a device theme would be nice.

You can configure the devices that will be used in the json file for the device selector.

30 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

How did you conclude that it is "Devious Followers" that cannot find SoS data?

Never mind that. I realized it was caused by a mod that I removed temporarily while troubleshooting a crash. Speaking of which, my game crashes on the main menu with the fomod unlocalized install of Devious Followers but not the normal pack. Isn't that strange?

2 hours ago, saltshade said:

Speaking of which, my game crashes on the main menu with the fomod unlocalized install of Devious Followers but not the normal pack. Isn't that strange?

If you're reloading an old game that you removed mods from or otherwise modified, probably not too surprising that swapping DF versions causes issues too.

If it's a completely new game, it's strange. Probably don't use the FOMOD for a new game unless you want German.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If you're reloading an old game that you removed mods from or otherwise modified, probably not too surprising that swapping DF versions causes issues too.

If it's a completely new game, it's strange. Probably don't use the FOMOD for a new game unless you want German.

I wasn't swapping. I was adding it to a game where it didn't exist before.

13 hours ago, saltshade said:

I wasn't swapping. I was adding it to a game where it didn't exist before.

Adding mods that have dialog to an old game can sometimes be a fragile process.

In some cases, you may find that if you take another go (or two) at loading the game, it will work, and once you've saved with the new mod in, things settle down.

DF is an autostart mod, and autostart mods that have dialog always have problems.

Dialog doesn't init properly until you've saved and reloaded the save.

13 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Adding mods that have dialog to an old game can sometimes be a fragile process.

In some cases, you may find that if you take another go (or two) at loading the game, it will work, and once you've saved with the new mod in, things settle down.

DF is an autostart mod, and autostart mods that have dialog always have problems.

Dialog doesn't init properly until you've saved and reloaded the save.

Thanks, that good to know.

hi, short question is the guard dialog "excuse me" "where is your master" (after this the guard will equip me with slave handcuffs and start follow me) from your mod?

i'm not sure but when i disable DF it don't come up anymore so far ?

if yes is there a way to disable this ?

1 hour ago, Xerxes_40 said:

is the guard dialog "excuse me" "where is your master" (after this the guard will equip me with slave handcuffs and start follow me) from your mod?

"Hello slave.  Where is your master?" is from Deviously Enslaved. 

If you're unsure of where a dialog line is coming from, you can load the the suspected mod in the Creation Kit and use Edit -> Find Text to search for it.

thanks,

deviously enslaved was also my first mod to test but it still shows up after i disabled it.

maybe I've mispronounced something I meant the guard 1st say only "excuse me" and 2nd say "where is your master?"

i did check as you say with creation kit (thx for the guide) and i found "excuse me..." in DF    Editor ID:  _DFlowForcedStart

maybe you can take a look ? would be great

sorry for this confusion

14 minutes ago, Xerxes_40 said:

deviously enslaved was also my first mod to test but it still shows up after i disabled it.

maybe I've mispronounced something I meant the guard 1st say only "excuse me" and 2nd say "where is your master?"

i did check as you say with creation kit (thx for the guide) and i found "excuse me..." in DF    Editor ID:  _DFlowForcedStart

maybe you can take a look ? would be great

"Excuse me" is too general a phrase to easily search for.  If you're sure that "Where is your master?" comes next, that's the text to search for.   "Hello slave.  Where is your master?" is what I found in DEC.  If you didn't see it like that, then it's not from DEC. 

I'm using DF 1.7x (which the author has designated as the "last known stable version").  It has no "where is your master".  If you're using DF 2.x, possibly it's added there, but you should search for that, not "excuse me" (since I don't have that version I can't check).  If you don't see it, you're asking on the wrong mod topic.

You might also look at other slavery related mods that you're using, now that you know how to search for dialog text.  That's really all the help I can provide. 

So there's a deal to keep hands bound in towns. Follower equips a "easy rope armbinder" but it doesn't put hands actually in it. Also bow can stay showing at the back. Saving game and reloading then will put arms in correct position, i don't know what that is, a DD reset of sorts.

Is there something missing from the script?

My search-fu couldn't find me an answer, but hopefully someone can help me figure out my problem. Initially adding a follower works fine, and the dialogue to make deals an so on shows up, but then later saving and reloading and/or at random(? I'm sure it has a cause but I can't find it) I loose the DF options.  Using the debug will return them for a little while, but then they vanish again. I'm not using EFF or ATF or any other follower mods except an appearance replacer. This has happened with both Marcurio and Belrand so far, and while I did get sent to DF via SS, I worked my way out of that. 

Any troubleshooting advice? I do use Eager NPCs and I'm wondering if that did something odd.

Edit: I actually just noticed I have two "Time for us to part ways." dialogue options. Since I thought that was an EFF/ATF issue, and I don't have either one, what could be causing that? I'm guessing that may be the culprit whatever it is?

1 hour ago, Xiaron said:

This has happened with both Marcurio and Belrand so far....

If you do a search on this topic for "hireling" you'll see some discussion around problems with followers-for-hire.   The general advice has been to avoid using hirelings, and to use the mod's reset button when things stop working.  If you're seeing two follower dismissal lines then something else appears to be at work as well, but the general advice still applies.