Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

10 hours ago, simsdreams said:

Hey all,

I stayed up late last night experimenting with the passion mod, this mod is awesome!

I'm curious though, after a few hours of searching through this topic I haven't been able to find much mention of this, but was wondering if anyone has figured out if the "minutes" in the passion settings are in sim minutes or real time minutes?

I played around with the maximum length and randomization all night, and so far it seems like the maximum length is in Sim minutes, I couldn't really tell what the randomization minutes is though, sometimes it seems to switch quickly to the next position and other times it stays in one position for longer

Side note, I've used Nraas relativity mod to change the time scale in the game to be 1 sim minute=2 real time seconds, not sure of the passion mod can recognize this?

16 hours ago, namaradus said:

interesting, I had looked into that post for a while yesterday, not sure if I fully understand it, though it seems like the latest version of passion should be going by real time minutes, but based on my observations the max length still seems to be going by in game minutes...I tested it by using max length 60 and 120, and my sims automatically stopped after 1 sim hour / 2 sim hours respectively, I had randomization set to 1 minute

I couldn't fully understand the explanation on how the randomization part works ...I think I need to put this into some sort of algebraic formula lol

•  
  • Soulbringer1
  • Members
  •  
  • 109 posts

I believe that it is this mod which causes a popup at start of the game. OUTDATED  Mod Pop Up.  It is the only one i have not re installed, and My game is running very good. I miss Playing Animated Woohoo. This being it's Successor, I am Hoping The Author Will Make it Play Nice with the Latest 1.69 version of Sims 3. Please .  :)

•  
On 7/23/2019 at 12:45 PM, MaryJane said:

What I did is load the clipfile in blender on two default rigs without any IK. Then I put an limit location contraint on the ROOT_bind, fiddled with the numbers until it was the right height for the bed. 

I decided to share them tho. But will take them down if the creators take offence in adjusting height of their animations. I shared them here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73534-maryjanes-animations-for-onikis-kinky-world-update-2372019/page/16/#comments

Thank you soooooo much. This is one happy girl today!!! Now to load my Sims 3 game and see it work

21 hours ago, Soulbringer1 said:
  • I believe that it is this mod which causes a popup at start of the game. OUTDATED  Mod Pop Up.  It is the only one i have not re installed, and My game is running very good. I miss Playing Animated Woohoo. This being it's Successor, I am Hoping The Author Will Make it Play Nice with the Latest 1.69 version of Sims 3. Please .  :)

Only a Core Mod can cause that pop up and Passion is a script mod so it's not possible for it to cause that.

Need a screenshot of your Mods Folder so we can see what you got going wrong there.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, simsdreams said:

interesting, I had looked into that post for a while yesterday, not sure if I fully understand it, though it seems like the latest version of passion should be going by real time minutes, but based on my observations the max length still seems to be going by in game minutes...I tested it by using max length 60 and 120, and my sims automatically stopped after 1 sim hour / 2 sim hours respectively, I had randomization set to 1 minute

I couldn't fully understand the explanation on how the randomization part works ...I think I need to put this into some sort of algebraic formula lol

I think it mainly works for the Randomization of the Positions since most positions are only 1 minute long and only a few are around 2 minutes long. I'm still a little confused by it as well. 

But I wouldn't want sims to go too much longer that 2 sim hours due to their needs dropping too quickly.

53 minutes ago, namaradus said:

Only a Core Mod can cause that pop up and Passion is a script mod so it's not possible for it to cause that.

Need a screenshot of your Mods Folder so we can see what you got going wrong there.

Actually The Main Mod For Passions Does Work. it is one of the mods that are in the download folder of Passions Mod. I Got it working By ONLY Using the Main File.

17 minutes ago, Soulbringer1 said:

Actually The Main Mod For Passions Does Work. it is one of the mods that are in the download folder of Passions Mod. I Got it working By ONLY Using the Main File.

Outfit Changer, Motive Changer, Barmaids, and XCAS are all separate mods their not a part of Passion but can be used with it.

So that means you either had the wrong version of XCAS and/or Barmaids installed read the Read This PDF to figure out which version you need if you want to use them.

Outfit Changer, Motive Changer, Barmaids, and XCAS are also optional and not needed if you don't want them.

Now if you already have Cmar's Morphing Penis and Morphing Nipples mods then you won't need XCAS and the Cmar Penis package in the download.

23 hours ago, namaradus said:

I think it mainly works for the Randomization of the Positions since most positions are only 1 minute long and only a few are around 2 minutes long. I'm still a little confused by it as well. 

But I wouldn't want sims to go too much longer that 2 sim hours due to their needs dropping too quickly.

agreed, it was pretty brutal when I tried with 2 sim hours...1 hour felt like a tad too short, settled for 1.5 hours , seems to be a good compromise so far

also trying it now with randomization set to 2 min, they switch positions less frequently, which I think is kinda nice, seems less rushed

On 7/28/2019 at 6:58 AM, simsdreams said:

agreed, it was pretty brutal when I tried with 2 sim hours...1 hour felt like a tad too short, settled for 1.5 hours , seems to be a good compromise so far

also trying it now with randomization set to 2 min, they switch positions less frequently, which I think is kinda nice, seems less rushed

Hey, everyone!

I'm back after this long inactivity because of life issues.

I want to start with this confusion....

In EN-US local (and I don't know how it's translated in your own one, because I'm not the translator of any but Greek and English locals)

it says at the top of the field "How often, in minutes, should Sims switch positions automatically?"

Positions are animations and animations never made in sims 3 clock ticks but in seconds of our computer time.

So ANY kind of animation is in computer minutes, the minutes that anyone see at the clock at the right of our task bar.

What's the logic in this.

Animations made by their creators in several and different time in minutes.   

Some of them are 1 min some are 1.8 and some are 0.5 min or less than that.

Passion asks and depends of what is the average of an animation length that you know that you have, what is the top in minutes that you want an animation to change.

If the Randomization is in 1min, then an animation of 0.5 min might play 2 times  or and animation of 2 min will play by half of it.

A number > 2 min never ever found in Sims 3 as far as I know.

So Randomization numbers could be from 0.5 (unless some one made them smaller) upto 2 minutes.

P/S I see that I have a lot of PMs and notifications and I want to thank, each and any of you.

I will answer to them in time and not just that.

I'm preparing a new update in August, from all the free time that I can get and at the moment it's at work, when most are gone holidays.  

4 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

Hey, everyone!

In EN-US local (and I don't know how it's translated in your own one, because I'm not the translator of any but Greek and English locals)

it says at the top of the field "How often, in minutes, should Sims switch positions automatically?"

Positions are animations and animations never made in sims 3 clock ticks but in seconds of our computer time.

So ANY kind of animation is in computer minutes, the minutes that anyone see at the clock at the right of our task bar.

Passion asks and depends of what is the average of an animation length that you know that you have, what is the top in minutes that you want an animation to change.

If the Randomization is in 1min, then an animation of 0.5 min might play 2 times  or and animation of 2 min will play by half of it.

So Randomization numbers could be from 0.5 (unless some one made them smaller) upto 2 minutes.

P/S I see that I have a lot of PMs and notifications and I want to thank, each and any of you.

I'm preparing a new update in August, from all the free time that I can get and at the moment it's at work, when most are gone holidays.  

welcome back! Amazing work on passion btw, absolutely love it

Thank you for explaining the randomization, it makes perfect sense now ? I don't know how I didn't notice this while I was experimenting with the settings, this mod is so much fun?

10 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

Hey, everyone!

I started back playing the Sims 3 - taking a break from the Sims 4. I'm so glad you're back! I can't wait for any updates/changes you plan to make.

Hi beloved Storm!

I came across an animation that are written into passion but i can't find, Illusivek Animations?  What are these and where can i find them?

Another thing i noticed about this newest passion-version is that it forgets animations i have typed in before, i just use the stored setting to get it back + the sink animations where they end up into the sink instead off the front. Most animations look best in counter setting used on the sink so maybe you can use that?

Lots of hugs and kisses my love, take care ❤️❤️❤️

Bit confused about this mod... Is it just an animation mod without any gameplay integration?

When starting a passion interaction, it seems to continue forever until manually stopped with the "Stop / Stop All" action (BTW, not sure what the difference is between those two actions). There doesn't seem to be any ejaculation point, so how does the pregnancy setting work?

Also, does it have integration with NRaas' WooHooer mod and the service job? Not sure how that works if the passion duration can range anywhere from really short to infinite, based on when the "Stop" interaction is used.

5 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

If starting a passion interaction in the game, it seems to continue forever (until using the "Stop/Stop All" action

Have you tried changing the Settings? Maximum Length controls how long it lasts from user direction. Randomization will determine whether or not they switch positions and when.

Go to the 4th post on the first page of this thread and look at the Passion FAQ.

10 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

There doesn't seem to be any ejaculation point, so I'm guessing it never results in a pregnancy

From vaginal and you have to set the Pregnancy Chance.

28 minutes ago, namaradus said:

Have you tried changing the Settings? Maximum Length controls how long it lasts from user direction. Randomization will determine whether or not they switch positions and when.

Go to the 4th post on the first page of this thread and look at the Passion FAQ.

From vaginal and you have to set the Pregnancy Chance.

Thanks, didn't realize the defaults were Infinite... I also edited my post right before you posted since the FAQ did clarify some features, but I'm still confused about some things.

For example for Pregnancy, does duration matter at all? The setting seems to be a flat percentage so I guess not?

Also, does passion not integrate the Nraas WooHooer mod's "Professional Services" feature? I tested by requesting professional services and when attempting to passion the NPC when she arrived, she rejected.

27 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

For example for Pregnancy, does duration matter at all? The setting seems to be a flat percentage so I guess not?

Length doesn't matter but the number of times a vaginal (and I think it does too for anal too for some reason) animation plays as the percentage seems to stack so keep that percentage low. Start out with something like 3% and if you find pregnancies happening to often lower it to 1 or 2%.

27 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

Also, does passion not integrate the Nraas WooHooer mod's "Professional Services" feature? I tested by requesting professional services and when attempting to passion the NPC when she arrived, she rejected.

There is no integration with Woohooer yes but they will gain Kama Simtra points as Woohooer will recognize it as "Bed Woohoo Safe".

As Passion is more of a Romance Mod you would need a relationship level of at least Friend for single sims (and sims that are have a spouse or BF/GF with the Commitment Issues trait) and Good Friend or Best Friend if the sim has a spouse or BF/GF depending on the sims traits. You can turn off Rejection and they'll never refuse no matter what the relationship level is. Although turning off Rejection will affect all sims. And do yourself a favor and turn off Jealousy it's a PITA to deal with.

On 6/14/2019 at 1:08 AM, namaradus said:

Taking a vacation see you all in a month or 2 unless internet is available where I'll be at. 

And here's a clue as to where I'll be at.

giphy.gif

And I'm going to play with the native girls :naughty:

cf3dd21f327771c97550dfbf8eb40f8c--polynesian-people-tahiti-french-polynesia.jpg

Extending my vacation so if my internet doesn't hold out I'll see you peeps in a couple of months (or maybe next year not sure yet)  :P :naughty:

On 3/21/2019 at 1:16 AM, namaradus said:

Maybe you find out where EA put the code to make it impossible for residents to randomly turn into vampires, werewolves, fairies and witches in custom worlds.

You used to have residents randomly turn into vampires, werewolves, fairies and witches in custom worlds but EA put a stop to that because of a few people that hated occult sims whined about it.

Now the only way you can get occult sims is if they immigrate in a custom world. Or you use debugging cheats to get some residents in a custom world to turn randomly but that gets old after awhile.

As I like to turn off emigration and immigration cause I prefer to populate my custom worlds with sims from the various EA worlds.

Wonder if it's possible to make a mod that will bring that back for people that want it.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:15 AM, TwilightStorm said:

I don't think that there's a code that prevents that.

In Tropical Island World which is a custom one,

I saw sims get naked to swim but there were no clothes left near the pool,

I saw no party teleport when teleport for anyone was enabled in Nraas mods

but I saw a NPC vampire transform a custom maid into a vampire total autonomous.

I mention these because maybe it has to do with the custom world file and not any code.

Where did you saw that bro?

Just to revisit this old topic I found out what was causing the problem. 

I tried using Nraas DebugEnabler's Populate the World with Sims option to quickly populate a custom world and to my surprise I had residents randomly change into occults. So I figured must be something about this world that makes it possible so I grabbed the sims from Dragon Valley and started a new game with that world but nope none of them would randomly change into an occult.

After a bit more testing using DebugEnabler's Populate the World with Sims, sims from various pre-made worlds and 15 different custom worlds I finally realized the problem is that when sims are saved to the Library bin the game blocks them from being able to randomly change into occults. As sims saved to the Library are considered possible active sims and active sims are blocked from randomly changing into occults.