Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

1 minute ago, sms2lynn said:

Is it possible for a folder in Origin to be corrupt? I have the Sims 3 in Electronic Arts downloaded in my Documents folder and on my C drive The Sims 3 is listed in Origin with my expansion and stuff packs.

Only if you have a virus or anything malicious but it won't be only that.

Usual the files there are for reading only.

Any parameters of configurations are in   \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 where your saves are

10 minutes ago, sms2lynn said:

I have the following in my Mods folder. I removed The Sims  3 folder, repaired with Origin, restarted my computer and the game to generate a new Sims 3 folder. To prevent any issues I have re-downloaded latest update of Passion and the animations from LL just if something happened to the old ones in my possibly corrupted folder. 

The reason I mentioned pregnancy and some of the others is that other things that were packaged with Passion works such as MMD Dance, Outfit and Mood Changer, Cum Mask are in my CAS along with Whip and other items so this leaves me confused as to why only the erotic option is missing now that I understand why you removed the pregnancy controller. 

If you don't see Passion (where you can start its settings) then passion is not loaded.

If you do see it, we have something else here.

10 minutes ago, sms2lynn said:

Is it possible for a folder in Origin to be corrupt? I have the Sims 3 in Electronic Arts downloaded in my Documents folder and on my C drive The Sims 3 is listed in Origin with my expansion and stuff packs.

Did you use s3lc?

This program change your local through windows registry.

If passion is loaded and you don't see the Erotic option this might be the answer.

Use s3lc again and choose your local.

7 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

If you don't see Passion (where you can start its settings) then passion is not loaded.

If you do see it, we have something else here.

Yay....it's back...I can't explain what happened but its back!!! 

Now I will slowing begin adding my cc and watch carefully for a corrupt culprit since the Dashboard maynot be trusted!!! Thank you sooooo much for your help (Storm, ZenBuddhist  Namaradus)

9 hours ago, sms2lynn said:

Yes, as you obviously saw I was told this and because I am a person attempting to learn what I can to be an asset to the Sim Community it helps to know "why" and "how" something is going to happen. I'm not attempting to sound rude so I hope this comment does not sound that way. If you are also on that site then perhaps you noticed that I made 3 request for help in other areas and because I wasn't answered I didn't know how much I could depend on the information received there. 

Thank you guys for "talking back" to us so that we realize someone is trying to help and what we are saying matters. I have wiped my entire Sims 3 folder, I will restart my computer again and hopefully what you stated will work.  #fingerscrossed

No I'm not a member there anymore, I more or less outgrew them. Sittingbear is someone I have contact with over there he used to be a member here he's been around the Sims 3 since day 1 (he's been playing around the Sims Franchise since Sims 1) he knows far more than he lets on and if there was anyone who can honestly be said to have done it all with the game it would be him. He's a rare type that has all skillsets he's done script and core modding, master of CAW, CC maker and even did some animations (and who knows what else) under different names. He's done things with the game that were considered impossible he once had a world with 600 resident sims running for 6 yrs before he couldn't keep it running anymore cause the save got to big.

Just don't mention Oniki or KW around him, he doesn't like Oniki for the way she treats the users of her mod here at LL by not giving any support and only providing support to those that pay her $5 on Patreon. He also views KW's code as the biggest clusterfuck he's ever seen (so do I but that's a different story).

As for Nraas the new site hasn't been up that long they have a lot of work to do to rebuild all the information the old Wikispaces site did and Chain_Reaction the Head Developer over there is busy rebuilding all that on top of having a lot of RL issues to deal with so he's pretty busy and things have slow to get going.

They also don't have all the other mod developers they used to have JunJayMdM, LuvtehGeeks and Consort who all used to help out over there have dropped out of sight for the last 3 years. And LoganDownUnder and icarus_allsorts hasn't been heard from in 2 yrs. And SimsMX hasn't been around in 6yrs. So it's pretty much just Chain doing all the mod development.

8 hours ago, sms2lynn said:

Question: do you know if anyone has created a mod with many of the attributes that Hospital Overhaul has? Such as Sterilization and Counseling? I would really love to have this. Hopefully I can learn to mod and create them myself if not yet done.

Between Master Controller and Cmar's Pregnancy Controller those 2 pretty much have it covered. The only thing they don't do is use the Hospital rabbithole simply because using it would cause unneeded overhead and this game doesn't really need that, plus using the Hospital rabbithole would also conflict with some custom careers that need to use it.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:43 PM, TwilightStorm said:

In case you don't remember or you have no clue, test how many times you will have a sim reset if you disable the Overwatch setting Stuck Check Auto Reset.

This might fix this. Give it a try.

I miss read it sorry. Except this above reset Town after a new update.

Report such errors after you do that.

Regarding Overwatch, normally it pops up a notice in the upper right when it has reset a "stuck" Sim, and in this case that didn't appear; instead the message is from ErrorTrap.  I will try turning off the Stuck Check Auto Reset, but I don't think that's what is happening here.  Stuck Check is supposed to happen during the night (I think by default it's at 03:00), or if a Sim route-fails too many times in a row.  So, if the NRaas code is working as intended, it shouldn't be interfering with yours.

Disabled Stuck Check Auto Reset, ran a Reset Everything, saved, quit, reloaded.  (Also cleared game caches before launching.)  Gameplay was mostly normal for a couple hours, including a few Passion sessions.  (At some point, my University roommates became selectable; I don't know what's up with that but I have seen it happen before without Passion loaded, so I doubt it's related.)

I have had another reset, though.  Error dump is attached.  This one happened after an autonomous Passion with just two actors.  Again, my active Sim was the one reset; the NPC was not affected.

On another topic, I have noticed that during Passion the Energy motive will decay even if there is a moodlet that would normally prevent decay, such as the one from Invigorating Elixir.  Is there anything that can be done about this, without making all motives static?

ScriptError_xxx__05-20-2019__11-10-13__B648384A.xml

10 hours ago, namaradus said:

No I'm not a member there anymore, I more or less outgrew them. Sittingbear is someone I have contact with over there he used to be a member here he's been around the Sims 3 since day 1 (he's been playing around the Sims Franchise since Sims 1) he knows far more than he lets on and if there was anyone who can honestly be said to have done it all with the game it would be him. He's a rare type that has all skillsets he's done script and core modding, master of CAW, CC maker and even did some animations (and who knows what else) under different names. He's done things with the game that were considered impossible he once had a world with 600 resident sims running for 6 yrs before he couldn't keep it running anymore cause the save got to big.

Just don't mention Oniki or KW around him, he doesn't like Oniki for the way she treats the users of her mod here at LL by not giving any support and only providing support to those that pay her $5 on Patreon. He also views KW's code as the biggest clusterfuck he's ever seen (so do I but that's a different story).

As for Nraas the new site hasn't been up that long they have a lot of work to do to rebuild all the information the old Wikispaces site did and Chain_Reaction the Head Developer over there is busy rebuilding all that on top of having a lot of RL issues to deal with so he's pretty busy and things have slow to get going.

They also don't have all the other mod developers they used to have JunJayMdM, LuvtehGeeks and Consort who all used to help out over there have dropped out of sight for the last 3 years. And LoganDownUnder and icarus_allsorts hasn't been heard from in 2 yrs. And SimsMX hasn't been around in 6yrs. So it's pretty much just Chain doing all the mod development.

Between Master Controller and Cmar's Pregnancy Controller those 2 pretty much have it covered. The only thing they don't do is use the Hospital rabbithole simply because using it would cause unneeded overhead and this game doesn't really need that, plus using the Hospital rabbithole would also conflict with some custom careers that need to use it.

Thank you for this explanation. It helps to understand how things work and why responses can be so few and late. I greatly appreciate the work that has been put into the game. As a new animator I definately realize how much time, patience and work goes into custom creations. I would desperately like to learn how to Mod but the information just doesn't stick in my head. I am studying tutorial and hope that I will be able to joint the rank but for now I will just keep animating for those who can create mods!!!

5 hours ago, Dek Torv said:

Regarding Overwatch, normally it pops up a notice in the upper right when it has reset a "stuck" Sim, and in this case that didn't appear; instead the message is from ErrorTrap.  I will try turning off the Stuck Check Auto Reset, but I don't think that's what is happening here.  Stuck Check is supposed to happen during the night (I think by default it's at 03:00), or if a Sim route-fails too many times in a row.  So, if the NRaas code is working as intended, it shouldn't be interfering with yours.

Disabled Stuck Check Auto Reset, ran a Reset Everything, saved, quit, reloaded.  (Also cleared game caches before launching.)  Gameplay was mostly normal for a couple hours, including a few Passion sessions.  (At some point, my University roommates became selectable; I don't know what's up with that but I have seen it happen before without Passion loaded, so I doubt it's related.)

I have had another reset, though.  Error dump is attached.  This one happened after an autonomous Passion with just two actors.  Again, my active Sim was the one reset; the NPC was not affected.

On another topic, I have noticed that during Passion the Energy motive will decay even if there is a moodlet that would normally prevent decay, such as the one from Invigorating Elixir.  Is there anything that can be done about this, without making all motives static?

ScriptError_xxx__05-20-2019__11-10-13__B648384A.xml 5.51 kB · 1 download

(Regarding Overwatch, normally it pops up a notice in the upper right when it has reset a "stuck" Sim, and in this case that didn't appear; )

There is a case that Overwatch resets a sim that returns a null to an interaction and ErrorTrap Overrides this message, so you'll never see, has reset a "stuck" Sim and instead you'll see ErrorTrap 14 or what ever number.

But...

OK you got something in passion now!

A null animation (because sim(s) left animations positions) breaks Passion DoLoop procedure with a null.

I managed to replicate it now, with this OverWatch setting disabled.

I'm glad you caught it and report it so detailed, that I could replicate it!

thank you ?

Is is stopped now?

Replace passion with this one and tell me.

Animated_WooHoo_Passion_Ver2.7.4.2.package

Just now, TwilightStorm said:

Use the motives mod and make it max again any time you want. It's in version zip.

12 minutes ago, ZenBuddhist said:

i haven't, Twilight; barmaids once had dinner at my Sim place without being invited, but that was the worst they did.
she is G O R G E O U S, though.
W O W ! ! ! 

BANNED for wowing about her looks and not that very interesting book in her hands!

LOL Fucking LOL!!!:joy::sweat_smile::tounge_xd:

1 hour ago, TwilightStorm said:

Has anyone seen this before?

Nop, My barmaid only goes to the bar, dances  and do maid shores. Because their needs are always full they dont get dirty so they dont take baths and dont eat at the table or use the toilet and well, thats a bit boring. 

28 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

for wowing about her looks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHGAHAHAHAHAHA!
great, Twilight!
i should be triple-banned, indeed!
but i insist: she IS gorgeous, and i just had to wow her!

12 minutes ago, mazlguy2 said:

they dont get dirty so they dont take baths and dont eat at the table or use the toilet

Twilight, one question: can't NRaas Story Progression change these parameters by creating and configuring a Caste to Barmaids?

11 minutes ago, mazlguy2 said:

Nop, My barmaid only goes to the bar, dances  and do maid shores. Because their needs are always full they dont get dirty so they dont take baths and dont eat at the table or use the toilet and well, thats a bit boring. 

The idea of barmaids was to make, Hue Hefner's PlayBoy Villa!

I have 9 of them 6 fems and 3 lads and the owners of the lot are one rich man, six fem top models!

And trust me, they do more than that!:wacko: 

4 minutes ago, ZenBuddhist said:

Twilight, one question: can't NRaas Story Progression change these parameters by creating and configuring a Caste to Barmaids?

I really don't have a clue!

This mod was made last month in its final form.

I work with it since March.

NR story progression is older and I don't know what it will do with it.

7 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

Screenshot.jpg.03422972abb15a26a4af0446eea55403.jpg

This comes from BarMaids.

I never seen anything like this before.

This is not any of my script, is just how Sims 3 manage this service.

Has anyone seen this before?

Well you're using the Butler Service pool for the Barmaids so the game will see them as a type of Butler. So yes it would be normal.

5 hours ago, ZenBuddhist said:

The Pro Bar is technically a role object and since they are tending to it the game locks their motives and makes them static as it also sees them as a type of Role Sim. So no you can't, without breaking the Static Motive lock for every Role Sim in the game and that can have disastrous results.

Hello Twilightstorm,

the List of Animations in the Passion Options Menu you made up very nice and it looks professional.

And  the Title of the Animation in action is shown within a tool tip during passion. Very cool.

But the Language...... However, translated each Animation with a German expression, knowing the wording not fit properly

or is poor described in some cases, but is better understandable for German native speaker and - for me important - looks much better in the tool tip.

In addition I unified a little the wording to bring it up to some sort of standard.

So, if you or somebody else like it, I attach a ZIP containing all OKW Files for all (to me) known Animations for their latest Version.

Since I think K69 and annalust are the only Animators where we can expect further updates on their animations, I left both out, not to

mess up the OKW file with a version which may not fit.

Have question for you regarding BarMaids :

My Maids pretend to get engaged with you but only as long as they stand in front of my Sim without clothes for a short while, then

they put their clothes back on and go their way and leave the Sim back alone  which continue woohoo alone then ?

Do I need full romantic relation to her or is may be something wrong with my system.

Set up a vanilla game with passion only and tried various game play tricks without success.

The Barmaid still and always heat my Sim up and leave - you know what I mean - like sometimes in real live.

So, the question is, a bug in my system or a feature ?

Animation_OKW_GERM.zip

On 5/21/2019 at 1:48 AM, namaradus said:

no you can't, without breaking the Static Motive lock for every Role Sim in the game

thanks for your answer, Namaradus; i tried to do the very same with some service sims — taxi drivers, if i'm not wrong. besides not achieving anything concrete, i ended up literally destroying the game. result: i had to reinstall TS3 from scratch.

cheers.

On 5/20/2019 at 11:33 PM, Amandajoy48 said:

Would love to have this mod but its too confusing for me to understand how to download\use it!!!

Sorry I didn't see this post :(

31 minutes ago, Amandajoy48 said:

Finally got it but can't get the sex toys to work!!!

Passion will use the toys automatically when the animation requires them. They just have to be installed there's nothing else to do on your end.