Okay I just got Sims 4 as a gift. I tried installing a few mods after reading instructions on how to do so. I got a CTD. so I removed all mods and starting with WIcked Whims as a base I had only WW installed. and got a CTD before the game even loaded. I deleted the files entirely. I then redownloaded and extracted the ww folder using windows built in zip manager. CTD. I then went through the enormous hassle of downloading Vortex and installing the mod using vortex. (stupid thing wouldnt let me download ww until I was logged in and I had forgotten my pw) anyway. Vortex installed WW. I launched it and CTD.. Sims was just downloaded today so it is up to date. I also verified the files just in case. any Ideas? (its the Steam release of Sims 4)

EDIT: forgot to mention I have tried it from both download locations, (nexus and itch) I have tried it with the scripts file in its own zip file. tried it with all of it in the original zip file and tried with both files extracted to their own folder and with both files extracted to the base mods folder. in each case a CTD happened.

7 minutes ago, SimianJyhad said:

Okay I just got Sims 4 as a gift. I tried installing a few mods after reading instructions on how to do so. I got a CTD. so I removed all mods and starting with WIcked Whims as a base I had only WW installed. and got a CTD before the game even loaded. I deleted the files entirely. I then redownloaded and extracted the ww folder using windows built in zip manager. CTD. I then went through the enormous hassle of downloading Vortex and installing the mod using vortex. (stupid thing wouldnt let me download ww until I was logged in and I had forgotten my pw) anyway. Vortex installed WW. I launched it and CTD.. Sims was just downloaded today so it is up to date. I also verified the files just in case. any Ideas? (its the Steam release of Sims 4)

So you've just started on the wonderful world of modding Sims 4. Welcome. Not trying to be a smart-ass. It's nice to see a (virtual) new face and there's a lot of very knowledgeable people here that can help you on your journey.

First off: you're getting CTDs from installing your first mod? I'm questioning the instructions you followed on how to install mods. I'm going to take a leap and assume that Steam has the same file setup as Origin.

Let's start simple. I'm assuming you have a "Mods" folder. Check to see if you have a file called "Resource.cfg". It's a necessary file.

6 hours ago, arkayus said:

Hey so I have Wicked Whims, and when I try to do anything that increases skills, the skill bar doesn't pop up, and they don't learn any new skills. I know that's the cause because it was working prior to my installing WW. Anyone know how to fix it?

Wicked Whims doesn't affect skills on the overall scale that you're describing. Do you have any other mods installed that affect skill values? There could be a conflict.

Look into anything that gives Lot Trait skill boosts as well (modded).

1 hour ago, BatDood said:

So you've just started on the wonderful world of modding Sims 4. Welcome. Not trying to be a smart-ass. It's nice to see a (virtual) new face and there's a lot of very knowledgeable people here that can help you on your journey.

First off: you're getting CTDs from installing your first mod? I'm questioning the instructions you followed on how to install mods. I'm going to take a leap and assume that Steam has the same file setup as Origin.

Let's start simple. I'm assuming you have a "Mods" folder. Check to see if you have a file called "Resource.cfg". It's a necessary file.

I do. it is frustrating that the directions I followed which are summed up as follows

1. extract and put package files no more than one folder deep in the Mods folder

2. Leave Script files in zip format dont extract them to the mods folder but put them in the mods folder still zipped

3. put no other files in the mods folder as that can cause crashing

2 minutes ago, SimianJyhad said:

I do. it is frustrating that the directions I followed which are summed up as follows

1. extract and put package files no more than one folder deep in the Mods folder

2. Leave Script files in zip format dont extract them to the mods folder but put them in the mods folder still zipped

3. put no other files in the mods folder as that can cause crashing

Unzip the script files. Disregard #2 altogether. Script files are the ones that your game needs the best and cleanest access to.

54 minutes ago, BatDood said:

Unzip the script files. Disregard #2 altogether. Script files are the ones that your game needs the best and cleanest access to.

Okay I will try unzipping it and see if that is what was wrong

EDIT: turns out the problem was two fold. one I hadnt unzipped the script files and two a fatal incompatibility with Nahimic audio driver

1 hour ago, SimianJyhad said:

Okay I will try unzipping it and see if that is what was wrong

EDIT: turns out the problem was two fold. one I hadnt unzipped the script files and two a fatal incompatibility with Nahimic audio driver

So, you're good to go? Good to hear.

Since we're rolling here, let me take a moment to throw a little helpful advice your way.

You're basically starting fresh so that gives you a huge advantage right now to make sure your mods are organized. You're about to get into the wonderful world of Custom Content. That means Hair, Clothing, Makeup, Build/Buy Items and more.

Create folders for these items within your "Mods" folder. You don't have to necessarily do it right now. Enjoy the game you have going on at the moment but be sure to think ahead. Don't toss every mod you see directly into your Mods folder and then expect to identify what mod might cause a problem later. That's the best piece of advice I can pass on right now. Other than that...have fun.

7 minutes ago, BatDood said:

So, you're good to go? Good to hear.

Since we're rolling here, let me take a moment to throw a little helpful advice your way.

You're basically starting fresh so that gives you a huge advantage right now to make sure your mods are organized. You're about to get into the wonderful world of Custom Content. That means Hair, Clothing, Makeup, Build/Buy Items and more.

Create folders for these items within your "Mods" folder. You don't have to necessarily do it right now. Enjoy the game you have going on at the moment but be sure to think ahead. Don't toss every mod you see directly into your Mods folder and then expect to identify what mod might cause a problem later. That's the best piece of advice I can pass on right now. Other than that...have fun.

thanks, right now I would just be happy getting nipples and pubic hair to show right. I downloaded WW along with one to replace tv channels, the Eve body mesh the McCmdCenter because one of the mods claimed to need it and Sims4 community library and a mod to remove mosaic because I purely hate censorship lol. I would ask for advice but I dont want to crap up WW.s thread :)

3 minutes ago, SimianJyhad said:

thanks, right now I would just be happy getting nipples and pubic hair to show right. I downloaded WW along with one to replace tv channels, the Eve body mesh the McCmdCenter because one of the mods claimed to need it and Sims4 community library and a mod to remove mosaic because I purely hate censorship lol. I would ask for advice but I dont want to crap up WW.s thread :)

I'm not sure which mod claimed that MC Command Center was a requirement but MCCC is definitely a mod you should have in your game. It's hugely powerful in more ways than I would even think of trying to describe right now. But most importantly; it will identify errors as they happen and leave a log file that you can upload here for help (if it's Wicked Whims related).

There's no need for the additional mod to remove the mosaic as that's included in WW. In fact, you have to download an additional mod to put the mosaic back in (streamer mode).

23 minutes ago, SimianJyhad said:

thanks, right now I would just be happy getting nipples and pubic hair to show right. ....the Eve body mesh

Sounds like you need textures too. It's not just the meshes.

Start with these. It's what I personally use. If anyone else has other suggestions, they'll post them and you can check them out.

11 hours ago, SimianJyhad said:

Eve body mesh

Might not be the easiest body mod to start with as it may not look right using EA maxis clothing or maxis match cc clothing, (just a heads up).

WW has it's own default male and female bodies to start with and add Wild Guy's Female Body Details as mentioned above.

(Since your just starting out you can find/add other bodies to try out later after you get everything working proper).

You will also have to download some animations for WW to use.

I put them in a separate folder named Wicked Animations.  

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Might not be the easiest body mod to start with as it may not look right using EA maxis clothing or maxis match cc clothing, (just a heads up).

WW has it's own default male and female bodies to start with and add Wild Guy's Female Body Details as mentioned above.

(Since your just starting out you can find/add other bodies to try out later after you get everything working proper).

You will also have to download some animations for WW to use.

I put them in a separate folder named Wicked Animations.  

Thankyou Scorpio.

TBH I havent played around with the Sims since the early days of sims 3. Everything looks good just getting the hang of the controls and options. which reminds me I am gonna have to look for a few clothing packs from the community. vanilla clothes options are kinda limited. If Sims4 turns out as much fun as I had with Sims3 then I will start looking at getting expansions and stuff packs from maxis

Ok. Just re-installed SIMS4 and grabbed Wicked again. Not sure if I missed it (I can't seem to figure out a way to search this thread), but some of the "traits" associated with WW seem to be gone. I don't have "Cuck" anymore or a few others. I'm running the latest version of WW 158f. Not sure if there is a setting to get those back or if I did something wrong.

45 minutes ago, Exh1l3d_0n3 said:

Ok. Just re-installed SIMS4 and grabbed Wicked again. Not sure if I missed it (I can't seem to figure out a way to search this thread), but some of the "traits" associated with WW seem to be gone. I don't have "Cuck" anymore or a few others. I'm running the latest version of WW 158f. Not sure if there is a setting to get those back or if I did something wrong.

They've moved...click on your sim.....Wicked....Personalization.....Wicked Attributes....they are in there now.

Hi! I was playing with my sim and he had a fivesome with four other girls that aren't his girlfriend and I think it broke my game because now none of my sims in any household can 'have sex.'  I realized there was an update to wicked whims so I uninstalled everything and redownloaded the newest version but my sims still can't 'have sex' - the normal woohoo / try for baby actions still work... 

For a start get rid of these duplicates.....Possible Duplicated Mod Files (46): Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_AlienE.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_AlienE2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_Band.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_Bonzai.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_Bonzai2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_Clouds.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_Floral.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_GeometricTribal.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_GeometricTribal2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_HeartOutline.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_HeartWings.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_Henna1.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_Sleeve.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_SleeveKoi.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_AltU_TribalSpooky.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_Alien.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_Alien2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_Band.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_DiamondSleeve.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_DiamondSleeve2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_EmberRose.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_GraphicFace.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_GraphicFace2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_Henna.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_Sailor.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_SleeveDragon.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_TribalMonster.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_TribalMonster2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_ArtU_Waves.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtL_Tribal.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_Alien.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_Alien2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_Anchor.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_Anchor2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_BirdFlowers.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_BirdSilhouette.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_Butterfly.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_Celtic.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_GeometricSpine.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_GeometricSpine2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_Stars.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_BtU_Wings.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_Llt_Dolphin.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_TtU_Alien.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_TtU_Alien2.package, Gauntlet101010_4_Child_Toddler_Tattoo_TtU_Heart.package

Hi!

I have a problem with my The SIms 4. Is original version.

I have mods:

- Whicked Whims;

- McCommand Center;

- NisaK perverersion;

- Basemental;

- KinkyWhims;

- Sims Community Library;

- Devious Desires;

I think is all. I think I have too much of it, but I am unable to figure out what I should remove. Can someone give me a hint?
The print screen shows the errors I have in the game. It also shows a purple circle in the center. When I go into build mode or change my location, it doesn't load icons for me, I can't do anything and I have to close the game forcibly.
Please help me because I do not want to install and download it all again .....

Sorry for my english but it's not my national language.

BUG.png

last_exception.html lastCleanException.txt

5 hours ago, S.Kamcia said:

Hi!

I have a problem with my The SIms 4. Is original version.

I have mods:

- Whicked Whims;

- McCommand Center;

- NisaK perverersion;

- Basemental;

- KinkyWhims;

- Sims Community Library;

- Devious Desires;

I think is all. I think I have too much of it, but I am unable to figure out what I should remove. Can someone give me a hint?
The print screen shows the errors I have in the game. It also shows a purple circle in the center. When I go into build mode or change my location, it doesn't load icons for me, I can't do anything and I have to close the game forcibly.
Please help me because I do not want to install and download it all again .....

Sorry for my english but it's not my national language.

BUG.png

last_exception.html 343.1 kB · 1 download lastCleanException.txt 88.93 kB · 0 downloads

You have the UI cheats mod too....it needs updating or deleting.