18 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

Run sqv hp_sw_h_valasman in the console.  You can use page up and page down to navigate up and down the list.

I started over with a save from when my character is just entering the skunkway all the way to the same point, but ended up with null references for those TS_XX variables again. I'm wondering if I'd need to start a whole new character to get it to work and at this point it might be more trouble than it's worth. Unless I can load a modded save from someone without breaking everything I think I'll wait for the next public release to let me skip through to this point. Thanks for the help regardless!

2 hours ago, gk9 said:

I started over with a save from when my character is just entering the skunkway all the way to the same point, but ended up with null references for those TS_XX variables again. I'm wondering if I'd need to start a whole new character to get it to work and at this point it might be more trouble than it's worth. Unless I can load a modded save from someone without breaking everything I think I'll wait for the next public release to let me skip through to this point. Thanks for the help regardless!

Did you get the same error when you got to that part of the quest?

13 hours ago, user9120975435 said:

Hi

Any idea what could be causing this? The only male body mod I'm using is the one from SOS and I'm using the Thief-SOS patch, but get this. I've tried reinstalling Thief, SOS and skeleton, but no change. It's on all men, looks like some loincloth or something and all the cocks, even those from Thief have really strange texture.

When you installed SoS, did you choose the nevernude option?

10 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

Did you get the same error when you got to that part of the quest?

Yeah he wasn't sitting down at noon, can't talk to him unless he's in the corner, only get "We'll talk later" option when he *is* in the corner, etc. I wonder if it was an issue with how I updated my save/Thief mod, though it's been such a long time I can't be sure of any details by now.

On 5/28/2020 at 12:41 AM, brewmasterhal said:

You may need to talk to Traka around noon to ask him to drink, and then return in the evening to get him to actually do it.  If you just show up at night and try to talk to him, you can't ask him to drink or he won't agree to do it.  Not sure why it's like that, but it's something that I encountered during the beta and it's mentioned in the walkthrough.

I think I found the answer. It looks like I didn't go through the triger box to let my character comment on "fucking reckling".

Just as a matter of curiosity has anyone gotten this to work at all in VR? I mean I wouldn't expect it to, I'm just curious about how broken things would be if you could get past the opening bit. It currently hangs for me after sitting at the table and having a drink in the bar in riften, the mug is in my hands and after a minute the screen tints, then nothing else happens.

32 minutes ago, d90Arts said:

Just as a matter of curiosity has anyone gotten this to work at all in VR? I mean I wouldn't expect it to, I'm just curious about how broken things would be if you could get past the opening bit. It currently hangs for me after sitting at the table and having a drink in the bar in riften, the mug is in my hands and after a minute the screen tints, then nothing else happens.

I'd say it is next to impossible. The mod can not be played via first person during scenes, which VR is all about. But there are much more competent folks lurking around here to give you a proper answer.

8 minutes ago, kakaer said:

I'd say it is next to impossible. The mod can not be played via first person during scenes, which VR is all about. But there are much more competent folks lurking around here to give you a proper answer.

Currently VRIK works with sexlab and first person, as well as having a 3rd person option for sex scenes. I guess it would depend on how different things work in this mod as opposed to sexlab, but I think at least for the sex scenes it could be patched. I can't say how fucky they are yet since I can't make it to them and even if I could get past the opening it'd probably break again before I get to one.

Well, I updated the FAQ with a guide on how to win (and cheat) at dice, but I also found a bug in the markup parser used by this bulletin board system.  If you enter the char sequence open brace capital S close brace into a post, when you save the post those three chars are removed from the text and the system applies an unremovable strikethrough to all text after that point.  So until I can get it fixed, the FAQ text is pretty hard to read.  I believe @Ashal is still the admin around these parts - can you take a look at this?

Like this: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

20 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

Well, I updated the FAQ with a guide on how to win (and cheat) at dice, but I also found a bug in the markup parser used by this bulletin board system.  If you enter the char sequence open brace capital S close brace into a post, when you save the post those three chars are removed from the text and the system applies an unremovable strikethrough to all text after that point.  So until I can get it fixed, the FAQ text is pretty hard to read.  I believe @Ashal is still the admin around these parts - can you take a look at this?

Like this: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Update: the parser bug is so severe that it actually applies a strikethrough effect to the markup itself, so things like the spoiler and code tags are impacted as well; it also causes all bulleting to fail and instead replaces the bullet points with spaces.

I took a few hours to copy all of the text from the post into a text file and back, and then fixed all of the formatting and made some edits.  The FAQ is back to being usable, but this bug should definitely be looked into.

Updated the FAQ with an entry for "When is the next version coming out?" at the very top of the FAQ section of the post.  Here's the interesting part:

1. Earliest reasonable date for the v1.0 beta: Sept 5th
  2. Average estimated date: Oct 14th
  3. Latest reasonable date: Nov 6th
  4. Expected number of scenes: roughly 26 - 33
  5. Expected number of lines of dialog: 3400 - 6600

It takes me about a week to translate 1000 lines of dialog, so if things skew toward the top end of that range don't expect to hear from me for well over a month.

16 minutes ago, brewmasterhal said:

Updated the FAQ with an entry for "When is the next version coming out?" at the very top of the FAQ section of the post.  Here's the interesting part:

It takes me about a week to translate 1000 lines of dialog, so if things skew toward the top end of that range don't expect to hear from me for well over a month.

Seems about right, considering this update will be the biggest. But I'm still hopeful for a beta in August.

Oh yeah, another thing I added to the FAQ that might be of interest to those of y'all who've played through the mod a few times.  The Hall of Champions room where the thief is hiding out already exists.  You can go in and look around by running coc bd_sw_champroom if you want to check it out.

On 6/1/2020 at 2:16 AM, brewmasterhal said:

Hi, do you accept any help with translations? Not sure if I'll be able to make those directly into your mod but if you provide me raw text I can translate that to eng. P.S. I wish I new how to quote selected line instead of a whole post

4 hours ago, Kaihon said:

Hi, do you accept any help with translations? Not sure if I'll be able to make those directly into your mod but if you provide me raw text I can translate that to eng. P.S. I wish I new how to quote selected line instead of a whole post

I may PM you about it when the beta comes around.  If you want to quote a specific line you just delete all the stuff you don't want from the other person's post.  Like this:

4 hours ago, Kaihon said:

Hi, do you accept any help with translations?

9 minutes ago, Anya_ said:

Dont know if i am being an idiot or not but i agreed to meet with the porter after entering solitude but i cant find him again, Any advice?

If you sneak into the city too early, he can take up to several in-game days to show up (Took almost an entire week for me once).  When he does, he'll appear standing in the middle of the common area or sitting at the bar in Madam Petit's, in the basement of the Winking Skeever.

Spoiler

Does anyone know all the interactions in the Viggi minigame to get Nubia off? Like for example delaying the first switch 3 times to get a different variation of the scene or the PC comments if you choose "Lick her pussy" after the blowjob.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:12 AM, brewmasterhal said:

Oh yeah, another thing I added to the FAQ that might be of interest to those of y'all who've played through the mod a few times.  The Hall of Champions room where the thief is hiding out already exists.  You can go in and look around by running coc bd_sw_champroom if you want to check it out.

Is it meant to be built the way it is? Because I think we may have been spoiled

Spoiler

how our character is supposed to go back to the surface.

5 hours ago, DerekRick said:
  Hide contents

Does anyone know all the interactions in the Viggi minigame to get Nubia off? Like for example delaying the first switch 3 times to get a different variation of the scene or the PC comments if you choose "Lick her pussy" after the blowjob.

Spoiler
  1. There is one line if you skip the first opportunity to start foreplay, another if you skip the second opportunity, and jump to the end if you skip the third.
  2. There is a line the first time you pick f2m foot licking
  3. There is a line the first time you pick m2f foot licking
  4. There is a line the first time you pick titjob and another if you've already picked ass licking
  5. There is a line the first time you pick cunnilingus if you've already picked f2m feet, 69, bj, ass, or ball licking
  6. There is a line the first time you pick ball licking that varies based on karma value
  7. There is a line the first time you pick 69 and another if you've already picked ass licking
  8. There are two lines the first time you pick ass licking, one which varies on karma, and another line that plays every subsequent pick
  9. There are two lines the first time you pick bj and a third if you've already picked ass, and if you wait long enough there are two more

Think that's all of it.

1 hour ago, kakaer said:

Is it meant to be built the way it is? Because I think we may have been spoiled

Reveal hidden contents

how our character is supposed to go back to the surface.

Spoiler

The one I've seen includes a staircase that goes down for a really long time.  I guess it's possible that since it's in Solitude that could lead outside the city, but if it did then I would also expect the thief to have used it to escape immediately.

To me, the staircase doesn't make any sense.  Why would there be an escape tunnel from a secret city in the sewers that goes that far down?  What would be the reasoning for Grunvald to carve it (remembering that he carved all the rooms himself)?  I think a much more reasonable means of escape would be for the thief to break through a wall or ceiling back into the sewers, kinda like Shawshank redemption.  An alternative might be like a Dwemer ruin that abuts the sewers, like the escape from Cidna.

My expectation is that once we get to the point of breaking into the room with Tulvar, a chase ensues during which the thief escapes again.  That would not make any sense if the escape tunnel was something that he was willing to use as anything but a last resort, and a nice clean staircase that just leads outside the city is incompatible with that.  It has to go somewhere that's either dangerous or extremely unpleasant.

22 minutes ago, brewmasterhal said:

Reveal hidden contents

The one I've seen includes a staircase that goes down for a really long time.  I guess it's possible that since it's in Solitude that could lead outside the city, but if it did then I would also expect the thief to have used it to escape immediately.

To me, the staircase doesn't make any sense.  Why would there be an escape tunnel from a secret city in the sewers that goes that far down?  What would be the reasoning for Grunvald to carve it (remembering that he carved all the rooms himself)?  I think a much more reasonable means of escape would be for the thief to break through a wall or ceiling back into the sewers, kinda like Shawshank redemption.  An alternative might be like a Dwemer ruin that abuts the sewers, like the escape from Cidna.

My expectation is that once we get to the point of breaking into the room with Tulvar, a chase ensues during which the thief escapes again.  That would not make any sense if the escape tunnel was something that he was willing to use as anything but a last resort, and a nice clean staircase that just leads outside the city is incompatible with that.  It has to go somewhere that's either dangerous or extremely unpleasant.

Spoiler

With it being the hall of Champions perhaps an additional, personal and secret route to the surface is not that unlikely? It'd fit, as long as the actual path made sense. How could no one see or find a staircase that long?

Also, it appears the Emperor Robes have no textures. Perhaps a custom outfit?