I'm taking down Violate and Community Patch TEMPORARILY. Something very serious has been brought to my attention and I need to seek Ashal's and others' advices about it. 

Please restrain from messaging me to ask for copies of the mods via PM. We'll try to discuss this and hopefully I can reupload the mods soon.

(Just to prevent speculation: yes, I'm taking the mods down for the same reason DocClox took Four-Play down back in late April. Only this time, unfortunately, it's not done as a precaution, but a very large website for 'those contents' has actually been hard at work)

Apologies for any convenience. Hopefully, we'll make a decision within a few days.

Vinfamy

Whatever the specific issue is I just want to say that taking down mods punishes only the "legitimate" users. The legitimate user uses only the legitimate channels to get their mods. There is never a good enough reason to punish them by shutting down those channels or pushing them to piracy if they really want to get the mod. We have seen different reasons been given for taking down mods in the past year and all of them have one thing in common - punishing the innocent for whatever bad thing somebody has done. Because whoever did "the bad thing" already has the mod, it is the legitimate users that are been denied access.

From what I can understand from the hints dropped about the specific situation now, it is quite different from April. Back then it was possible for the legitimate users to get into the "bad situation" involuntarily as the mod didn't have the needed checks. So back then taking it down did make a lot of sense. But now the checks are in place and it will take additional tweaking and work on the side of the user if they want to misuse it. 

Whoever made a patch for a mod obviously already has the mod. And it will be easy to distribute the patch with the mod added to the same archive. Taking down the mod from the legitimate place only leads to the situation where people who want to use it legitimately can't, but people who want to misuse it are not affected. 

An example would be the viruses and exploits for Windows that Microsoft is dealing with with updates and patches, without shutting down the OS for days. The situation is quite similar. It is a cat and a mouse game that will never end and shutting down legitimate access has only negative consequences and not a single positive one. 

tl;dr People who want to misuse the mods already have them. It is people who don't have access to "shady" distribution channels that suffer form mods been taken down.

We're not taking down our mods to deny the evil-does or you access to them. They already have them.

We've taken them down to check our own liability, see if we've done everything we can and what our overall options and stance are. It's a classic case of 'better safe than sorry'. Maybe some of us have different motives, but we all share the 'safe than sorry' attitude. All we're doing is buying us a little time to discuss things and come to some sort of conclusion on how to treat this issue- 

We're not taking down our mods to deny the evil-does or you access to them. They already have them.

We've taken them down to check our own liability, see if we've done everything we can and what our overall options and stance are. It's a classic case of 'better safe than sorry'. Maybe some of us have different motives, but we all share the 'safe than sorry' attitude. All we're doing is buying us a little time to discuss things and come to some sort of conclusion on how to treat this issue- 

How does denying legitimate user access help with this? The only thing taking down mods actually accomplishes is pushing users to finding piracy channels.

As I said - the case now is different from April. The misuse of the mods requires additional work on the side of the user. And the "bad guys" will get the mod together with the patch. It is the people like me who are not interested in abusing the mods that are affected with no reason.

Added:

I'm respecting your right to do with your mods whatever you want. My point is that a situation where a mod is up for a day just to be taken down again and again would be very weird.

And as I said, this is about liability and personal conscience. We know there is patches for our mods out there that do things with them that we really don't want to see happening, so until we've decided how we go about and what to do, we are not providing what these patches need.

I personally don't have a clear conscience providing the base for that sort of mods, so until I'm sure that I've done everything I can possibly do to deny that sort of content, I won't be offering my mod. Fairly certain Vinfamy feels in a similar way. We're already working on how to deal with this and when we're done doing that, the mods will be offered for download again.

Until then, always remember: we're not microsoft, we're not a company and we have a conscience. Right now we have decided that having our mods available under the context of that is wrong until we know we've done everything we can to stop that sort of thing. It's a personal decision. You're going to have to respect that we need some time to come to terms with a difficult decision, it's almost an ethical dilemma. It'll be all over soon...

Well, the point of my post was that taking down a mod doesn't have a single benefit and only negative consequences and it seems we agree on this. 

I respect that it is a personal (emotional) decision and I can understand it can be really stressful. Hope a good solution can be found!

Stop using code words.  If this is what I think it is (child flags) then stating it clearly that mods will be down temporarily until new flags are added should be plenty for almost all rational people.  All this hush,hush,code word speaks just spook the rest of us who were and still are in the dark and probably made a big deal out of basically nothing.

After I was defeated by a legendary supermutant, Piper has been stuck in permanent wait mode, and stopquest FPV_Follower isn't helping.  She doesn't even go home when dismissed, just stands in one place.  Is there a console command I can use on her to fix her?

hmm weird ...

Make a backup save first.

Then shoot the crap out of her to see if you can piss her off into returning to her vanilla packages.

That got her to shoot at me but as soon as I holstered my weapon she did the same and continued standing there in a permanent wait state.  I was eventually able to fix her by making her a companion again, getting myself defeated and using moveto to bring her to me before the scene played out.  Whatever command was skipped before cleared it up.

I've also a couple times gotten the "can't shoot" bug.  Sometimes quitting and reloading the game cleared it up, other times I had to go to an earlier save.  I never use VATS so this one is pretty bad. I wish enableplayercontrols fixed it. 

Good luck with the current issue.  Ugh.

This is a good way to put it. Even when we "know" what's going on, this cryptic stuff is still kind of unnerving. I appreciate this post and find it reassuring.

Thanks.

I just want to add a small comment here, but it will probably get buried in all this discussion about the temporary removal.

The last 2 versions of violate has introduced a CTD in my game. It happens during violate scenes, but not every time violate activates. I suspect the rapid development of all the different modules that tie together using the CP has allowed something to slip in. I'm not a coder, so am unable to dissect the code myself. And the papyrus log is just gibberish to me.

I have had to remove violate from my load order for now, and subsequently kidnap as well (it's no point having that without violate). 

The CTD also happened with new games.

I just want to add a small comment here, but it will probably get buried in all this discussion about the temporary removal.

The last 2 versions of violate has introduced a CTD in my game. It happens during violate scenes, but not every time violate activates. I suspect the rapid development of all the different modules that tie together using the CP has allowed something to slip in. I'm not a coder, so am unable to dissect the code myself. And the papyrus log is just gibberish to me.

I have had to remove violate from my load order for now, and subsequently kidnap as well (it's no point having that without violate). 

The CTD also happened with new games.

I have also gotten this, pretty rare but it does happen. Mine seems related to getting off sequence, last time 3 raiders were going at Heather, she would surrender pose, stand, surrender, stand, etc...then start having sex only to pop over to the 2nd raider, then third...a few seconds later ctd. There have also been some oddities if your attacker/item thief dies, my stuff and the quest arrow vanished once as he was almost dead and i punched him fighting back. At what point in the sequence do you get your ctd?

Don't comment often, but I have been using this mod. I am not complaining, because I get it. I am just wondering, is it only as an aggressor, or is there a risk that it is against the player as a victim as well? For those who are in the dark, the reason the other was taken down was a problem in the code, that allowed for child actors to be involved. This is not what any of us here want, and I applaud the authors of these mods for being diligent in keeping their mods as fun as they can, without crossing that line.

Don't comment often, but I have been using this mod. I am not complaining, because I get it. I am just wondering, is it only as an aggressor, or is there a risk that it is against the player as a victim as well? For those who are in the dark, the reason the other was taken down was a problem in the code, that allowed for child actors to be involved. This is not what any of us here want, and I applaud the authors of these mods for being diligent in keeping their mods as fun as they can, without crossing that line.

No risk of you accidentally getting any sort of content you don't want to, aggressor or victim. It's not a flaw in the code - I already implemented all the safeguards and they are working as intended, but a third party has been publishing patches to edit our codes to enable such content, hence why the mods are temporarily taken down for a couple of days while we discuss the situation among ourselves.

Does this happen:

During sex animation

Before the perverse/ resisting dialogue (i.e. aggressor walking towards you)

After the perverse/ resisting dialogue/ While the sex scene being set up

?

I need to know in order to establish if it's a Four-Play or a Violate problem

No risk of you accidentally getting any sort of content you don't want to, aggressor or victim. It's not a flaw in the code - I already implemented all the safeguards and they are working as intended, but a third party has been publishing patches to edit our codes to enable such content, hence why the mods are temporarily taken down for a couple of days while we discuss the situation among ourselves.

Does this happen:

During sex animation

Before the perverse/ resisting dialogue (i.e. aggressor walking towards you)

After the perverse/ resisting dialogue/ While the sex scene being set up

?

I need to know in order to establish if it's a Four-Play or a Violate problem

so far its only happened when my pc gets caught by several, 5+, they all gather and begin the scenes. Last time with Heather they had gathered around us and she went to surrender pose, stood for a second then surrender pose, stood again and surrender a third time. First sex scene starts but only holds a second then she popped up and was getting ready to start second while the first raider still humped air. The second never started as the game crashed. I havent had this happen often at all, maybe 3 times total, and always after a group gathers....whether this is because of the group or because a lower number of assailants not having trouble setting up the "pecking" order (if that is even set up in the beginning?)

While I can respect your decision, Vin, you are not responsible for others modifying your code to work as it was not originally intended. A gun manufacturer cannot be sued because someone shot someone else with one of their products as long as said product was working as intended (i.e. the gun would not fire without the trigger being pulled and the safety was in working order). As long as your mods do not unintentionally or intentionally allow a child actor to be involved in a scene in anyway, then I say post a message to the affect that you do not condone the modifying of your code in that manner and that you will not support said code nor will you host it. As I said before, I respect your decision and can sympathize with your plight, but you cannot take responsibility for the actions of others that you do not and have not supported. The damage has already been done and I don't see any reason to keep the mod hidden. The decision is yours and this is all I'll say on the subject. I will support whatever decision you make, but I do hope you re-upload the mods soon.