Mass Effect Andromeda for Haters

The German version of facial animation still look hideous. There is no expression it looks to static. Only a miricle patch could still safe this game. i wont hold my breath unless they finally decide to release a modding tool and let the comunity safe it i dont see how this is going to change anytime soon unless they fully revamp the game from the ground up.

But ... they don't usually redo facial animations for different languages afaik.

I just found out that they did it for Witcher 3 though. In a way.

I: The first moments of Blood and Wine showcase how your cutscenes keep getting better and better. What made it possible?

K: It's called skills progression. The team is still the same, though it came through some inevitable changes. Taking the relatively static dialogues of The Witcher 2 to the new level in The Witcher 3 was something we always knew we had to do. We wanted to make them more dynamic, have people walking around, doing stuff.

The Witcher 2 can be divided into two clear sections: dialogues and cutscenes. The dialogues section of The Witcher 3 was made much more complex. We have a team of something like 10 people who use a very advanced tool for dialogues creation and right now they reached such a level of expertise, that you can't tell cutscene from the dialogue anymore. This new tool technically make the dialogues faster and easier to make. When you create cutscene, you usually make motion capture with the actors, clean it all up and then into the engine it goes. Finally you move one block and you got yourself a cutscene. In case of dialogues, the tool has already everything set up, there is an automatic lip sync for every language and scaling system, which cuts all the short and long lines in the right places to make it look good.

Kurwa, is there anything these Poles can't do?!  :o

Well, maybe Bioware can do at least that part too. They sure as hell couldn't create an algorithm to apply facial expressions matching the situation of course (they tried and that's what went so horribly wrong with the facial expressions, right?) but maybe implementing a lip syncing tool for translation studios to work with is not beyond their reach.

The mouth movements are exactly adapted to the language, but I suspect a certain Mr. Bazinga has again objections.   :lol:

And a certain Mr. winny doesn't seem to have a clue how localization works. You usually adjust the translation to make it match the lip movement, not the other way around. If they did it the other way around here then this would be a new trend.

Well i think they could have edited the animations.

From what i cought a glimpse in the comment section on youtube, while browsing vids, someone mentioned that Bioware Edmonton (the original bioware, or whats left of it) had to come and fix MEA because Bioware Montreal screwed it up.

Another thing that someone posted, said that that lead animator mentioned they were using some tech (or something like that, cant remember)...

I have no clue wether this is true or not, so take it as you will. :unsure:

I've seen a few videos of the (cringeworthy) ending and the epilogue on YT, if anyone wants to watch it. Don't know if I should post the links to videos here.

This game is probably praiseworthy in terms of the amount of awkwardness in it.

Edit: Here's one...

Bethesda also broke the lipsync in later patch but never even patched the game afterwards. what happened is a mod user ultimatly stood up and created a skse tool to fix the lipsync. My point is this game is not the only game in history who faces bad lipsyncing but this is 2017 not 1900 How can a game that was more then 10 years old look so much better then its counter part 10 years later. could they not have just recycle the animations files from the original Mass effect and then build this game apon that ?

Recycling also would saved time. in the long run. There is no shame in that since it is your own work so recycling your own work is nothing wrong with that.

Right now the only thing we will remember is mass effects greatest moment:

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

At least Andromeda isn't getting the 'best game evuh' derpy bullshit FO4 did.

If you go and watch some of the ME:A videos made by some well known Bethesda fanboys on YT, you'll notice that they speak pretty positively about it, compared to the bashing the game's getting in most other places on the Net. Probably not a coincidence.

Oblivion was the last game I bought from Beth for the "story".  After it, I bought their games for the mods.  Ok! Ok! Alright already..........for the SEX mods.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Does That Include Fallout 4 ?

Anticipation of the Sex Mods...........in that case.   :P

Played 4 hours more today (called in sick xD). And the game does get better after first 4-5 hours. You even kind of get used to the animations and when you get more abilities and weapons you start to appreciate combat in this game. You can clearly see that a lot of effort was put into the game (level design, combat, surprisingly enjoying multiplayer).. Just why did they have to rush it? ;( Give it another year, redo the facial animations/lipsync, fix the damn bugs (fell through the world for second time today) and we could have gotten a good polished game. Not on the level with ME1 or ME2, but a good one. Instead we've got a meme generator that almost everyone is bashing on online ;/

Oblivion was the last game I bought from Beth for the "story".  After it, I bought their games for the mods.  Ok! Ok! Alright already..........for the SEX mods.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Does That Include Fallout 4 ?

Anticipation of the Sex Mods...........in that case.   :P

I Had Every Intention Of Buying Fallout 4 That Was Until I Saw A Few Hours Of A Playthough After That I Decide That The Only Way I Will Ever

Buy It , Is When I Can Get It Cheap ....

I'm pretty sure this was posted in the locked thread.

But it has over a 1 million views in just around 5 days I think its worth posting again.

I watched it a dozen times at least I still laugh out loud watching it.

Also 3.9 and dropping at metacritic user score by the hour.

What did cross my mind was if the weapon was pointing in the wrong angle i am wondering if the person who rigged the skeleton actually know what he was doing. if the weapon was pointing at you he may failed the rigging process and pointed the weapon bone 180 degrees on Z-axes if that was the case the animation should be simple fix i was also looking at some animations and saw a few mishap i was getting myself when doing some animation with blender.

But the bug i got was called in blender term as Gimbal-lock this only happens when Eulor is used instead of quantarian. What happens is if you use Ik-constrain and use the eulor option the bone when rotated past 360 degrees will freak out and your animation movement is no longer displayed the way it should and will get weird jump all over the place and is really difficult to fix.

So all in all could be rigging problem.

Here are more funny glitches:

I'm pretty sure this was posted in the locked thread.

But it has over a 1 million views in just around 5 days I think its worth posting again.

I watched it a dozen times at least I still laugh out loud watching it.

Also 3.9 and dropping at metacritic user score by the hour.

I can only laugh at this shit video, especially about the scene where she the guy tearing the gun out of hand.

this disarm is PERFECT, here to the comparison.  :P

fastest-gun-disarm-ive-ever-seen-43014.g

Archived