Mass Effect Andromeda for Haters

They should just stop being greedy assholes, hire competent devs and let them finish their games.

I dont even want to immagine what would happen when each of these cancers would start to "support" modders.

The ideal coorporation business, release unfinished games, let people buy them and then fix them...no just no.

you have quite safely bought Skyrim?  ;) 

A bug-infested game that is in the Top 10 List the Broken games!  :P 

You play surely not Vanilla and for this reason is Bethesda, not a bit better than EA and BioWare.

I would even say They are still much worse, Skyrim appeared in 2011,

that next The Elder Scroll does not appear before 2020, rather still later!

you cant compare bethesda with bioware unlike bethesda bioware never released any modding tools so how are modders suppose to fix there buggy game ?? atleast bethesda had the curthesy to release some modding tools so you could atleast try to fix some stuff. skyrim vanilla is pretty broken even with mods i hope skyrim SE atleast has some stability less crashes etc.. 

This game is certainly not worth 70 dollars. not even 10 dollars in its current state.

They should just stop being greedy assholes, hire competent devs and let them finish their games.

I dont even want to immagine what would happen when each of these cancers would start to "support" modders.

The ideal coorporation business, release unfinished games, let people buy them and then fix them...no just no.

you have quite safely bought Skyrim?  ;) 

A bug-infested game that is in the Top 10 List the Broken games!  :P 

You play surely not Vanilla and for this reason is Bethesda, not a bit better than EA and BioWare.

I would even say They are still much worse, Skyrim appeared in 2011,

that next The Elder Scroll does not appear before 2020, rather still later!

you cant compare bethesda with bioware unlike bethesda bioware never released any modding tools so how are modders suppose to fix there buggy game ?? atleast bethesda had the curthesy to release some modding tools so you could atleast try to fix some stuff. skyrim vanilla is pretty broken even with mods i hope skyrim SE atleast has some stability less crashes etc.. 

This game is certainly not worth 70 dollars. not even 10 dollars in its current state.

This is the most important reason why very many here bad talk about BioWare!

Their games are not modifiable, but a good modder does not need any tools to create something, a naked body is definitely feasible.

But that is not enough, many want sex animations in the game, They get withdrawal symptoms if they have no virtual sex!

I do need so something not, not even in Skyrim.  ;)

Mar 23, 2017

I really wanted to like this game, the series only got better after the original Mass Effect, and after a 5 year wait I had high hopes and expectations. I've played about 20 hours now and unfortunately it seems the wind in the sails of the series died out long ago (I'll update the review if any of that changes, but at this point I don't think I can take more punishment from this game without some major fixes). From funky animations, homely looking uninteresting characters, to a questionable story and boring repetitive gameplay. To make matters worse, the different parts of the game don't even mesh real well with one another; it's like the different teams of people that worked on different parts of the game failed to ever communicate with one another. It has left the game at launch to be one big dysfunctional mess.

Starting out it goes wrong real quick before you even enter the game. The default characters are certainly nothing to write home about, male Ryder is salvageable, but Female Ryder looks plain bad. Attempting to fix it in the CC is no easy task either. You cannot modify the default faces and the preset CC faces are one step above abominations. Once you decide upon a face, again another challenge presents itself in the form of a very simplistic CC, there aren't many options available and whatever you come up with will always resemble the preset face.

The poorly implemented animations hit you almost immediately and continue throughout. From odd facial expression to no expression at all, lifeless hands, strange walking behavior, and the biggest offender, poor lip-syncing to the dialogue, it plain out doesn't look good. It fails to suspend disbelief and for a game based on so much dialogue is difficult to get past. Aside from animations, graphically the game holds up, nothing mind-blowing or spectacular, but by no means bad. The landscaping is nice and much of the game looks good enough to immerse yourself in, the problem here is the characters stick out rather badly. They are cartoonish, waxy, and in some cases downright inhumanly ugly. The aliens naturally look better, mostly because there isn't a frame of reference for exactly "how" they should look, the humans are simply ridiculous. Some of them look like they were taken strait out of The Old Republic and just had new textures slapped on them.

Gameplay is okay at points and boring at others. The combat is familiar and largely unchanged from ME3, aside from the addition of the jet pack. The Nomad is okay to drive for about 10 minutes but quickly starts feeling more like a family van on a road trip than an APC. The lack of weapons was a terrible mistake and after awhile just getting in and out to fight things becomes a chore. The original developers dumped it for a reason; it should have stayed in the garage. The mini-games/puzzles are horrendously boring/frustrating, Sudoku, really? and mining for things, well I'm just not going to mine (really what was wrong with the orbital probe?) Missions are at best mildly entertaining and at worst mindless tedium, too much fetch filler and pointless dead-ends.

The story, at least to the 20ish hour mark is less than stellar. It takes a long time to get going and once it does, it feels more like the buildup to an aborted launch than an actual liftoff. It doesn't have the urgency or charm of the original series and it doesn't help that it is being played out by largely uninspired characters. The main antagonist seems more like a speed bump instead of that giant imposing stop sign that makes you take pause at what your are up against.

The developers it seems were out to make a game of a grand scope and scale and in doing so failed to see the little things that passed right by the wide angle lens they were using. Mass Effect was never about having vast landscapes to explore or tons of mindless things to do. It was about the story and characters, and the interaction of those two that made Mass Effect special. By attempting to make such a grand scale game they lost sight of that and ended up with a grand mess. What would have been wrong with simply making a Mass Effect game? Why try to turn it into something it is not, something that other games do so much better?

Copy paste from a user review from Metacritic

Watched around 20 hours on a youtubers play threw so far and this seems really spot on.

Well, the story isn't bad per se. It just misses that epicness and urgent feeling you had in original Mass Effect, at least in 3/4 of the game. You are not an elite soldier on a quest to save the galaxy from destruction. You are glorified scout with a rag tag team and your mission is to find spots for colonies and terraforming planets with alien technology.

Sounds a lot more boring than Shepard on a quest to save galaxy from the Reapers, right? Another thing that fails in the story is the whole family drama. You, as player don't give a crap about your father dying, because he is just a character who had like 3 lines of dialogue at the start of the game befory dying. You don't give a crap about mother's death, she had like 1 line of dialogue in a recording and certainly you don't give a fuck about your sister/brother being in coma, cause you don't know him/her at all. This is pretty much Fallout4 syndrome, you don't give a crap about Shaun/Nora/Nate. Because all you have is a 2 minute pre-war sequence before your wife/husband get's killed and the child kidnapped. And in both games family drama supposed to be a big part in the story of the game. (Even main plot in case of Fallout4)

Just to a minor extent the personal experience with an RPG depends on prefab lines of the plot. These lines are like Morpheus' doors and it is up to the player to walk through like Neo or not. It is doubtlessly much easier to play the One when the protagonist belongs to the same age group or is in a similar conflict situation like the player.

However, it ain't that easy to play the leftover parent of an abducted son as in Fallout 4 when one is still caught in the heat of the generation conflict that inevitably follows puberty. Actually teens don't want to play the role of a suspect parent voluntarily, not even for a minute. That puberty artificially but politically correct got extended in the Northern hemisphere toward 20 and perhaps even beyond makes it even worse, I'd say.

In ME:A the player acts as a late (pubertal) teen that is forced to walk in the too big shoes of daddy, trying to outrun the fatherly shadow or, at least, not to fall too far behind common expectations just to end up as the chosen fool that doesn't make it. For adults this is a difficult role cos they either have outrun their father and left his shadow already or they know that they never will. That game is in fact made for the new teens that don't have a Marvelesque super moron as their fantasy ideal anymore, they'll give everything from above their best shot to make an outdated system personified in the founding father-like figure of Alec Ryder look good w/o ever questioning it, I'm pretty sure.

"You (aliens) are either with us, or against us." Who said that? Aye, Dubya Bushman. Both Hernando Cortez and Francisco Pizarro would have vividly agreed, the dead local aliens much less cos one thing should be clear - nobody has invited the invaders to come and just takeover land that isn't theirs. Avatar's corporative mindset is still in full swing. Wanna find a new home, huh? Well, please ask the local landowner first if he's willing to sell some. ME:A is based on the outdated win-lose principle of any conquest that turns local allies into trivial vassals at the end of the day, or at least, causing a massive cultural crisis by 'star people' that like the Kett take whatever they want. I'm disappointed by the plot.

However, there's still hope. The Angaran Roekaar rebels have a prophecy. One day a renegade outsider would rise among them, the Toruk Makto, rider of the Last Shadow and he'll send both the 'star people' and the Kett a final message... ^^

Technological jump from ME1 to ME2 was very noticeable.

Not so much from ME2>ME3 it was even worse I would say. Won't mention ME:A because it looks like last gen in terms of technology, not the graphics. Played for short time and already got bored by this school-teenagers voyage into the unknown.

Expected something more fresh from the Mass Effect universe, new, innovative, refreshing stuffs. Nothing will beat the feeling of MassEffect 1 exploration and learning about the alien-ish world.

Its like Morrowind was better in terms of world design than Skyrim, in Morrowind you get to explore pure alien world you have never seen before. It made you eager to explore all those weird things. Meanwhile in Skyrim you get bland late-roman medieval fantasy with dragons.

Kinda 6.5/10 game tbh, its not bad but I already feel like I played it before and it gets boring using the same mechanics over&over.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ex-mass-effect-animator-explains-andromedas-issues/1100-6448944/

Cooper, who was the lead animator on the original Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, goes on to explain that in an RPG like Mass Effect: Andromeda, "designers (not animators) sequence pre-created animations together--like DJs with samples and tracks." Because of the amount of dialogue options, conversations, and order these can come in in an RPG, "dialogues are separated into tiered quality levels based on importance/likelihood," where "The lowest quality scenes may not even be touched by hand" and an algorithm covers the rest.

Andromeda seems to have lowered the quality of it's base algorithm, resulting in the 'My face is tired' meme featuring nothing but lip-sync.

This, presumably, was because they planned to hit every line by hand. But a 5-year dev cycle shows they underestimated this task.

Were I to design a conversation system now, I'd push for a workflow based on fast and accessible face & body capture rather than algorithms.

The one positive to come out of all this is that AAA story-heavy games can't skimp on the animation quality with a systemic approach alone.

While I have not bought the game, from what I have seen so far this is a complete mess.

• Horrible animations
    - Non-existent facial expressions
  • Lackluster characters
  • Lackluster player characters
  • Lackluster story
    - A very shoehorned "Chosen One" position
    - Lack of urgency
    - Lack of real stakes
  • Lackluster non-combat gameplay
  • Clumsy, user-unfriendly UI
    - Forced, repetitive, lengthy cutscenes included, of course
  • No meaningful dialogue choice
    - instead of the admittedly 2-dimensional Paragon/Renegade system, we get treated to the Fallout 4 shit of Sarcastic Casual
  • A politically-correct and hostile dev team trying way too hard to push their agenda in a highly-hypocritical manner, to massive detriment of the game itself
    - Worst slider-based character creation I've seen in recent history, and borderlines on (if not simply) racism
    - Atrocious human and human-like female character modeling, while males are mysteriously okay
    - Representation of transgender characters that, as pointed out by actual transgenders and everyone else, amounts to an epic fail
    - Comparative lack of M-M gay relationships despite the game trying to take the "WE'RE SUPER INCLUSIVE" politically correct stance, as well as an unfair fade-to-black treatment of M-M sex scenes
  • No modding as per Frostbite tradition (i.e. modders can't fix this piece of shit)

I have set the bar really low for EA games since years ago, but this is the most spectacular failure I've seen so far (it doesn't even clear the bar I set for Ubisoft). The only things I've seen people give real praise to are the graphics and the pew pew, which is pretty telling for an RPG game.

funilly enough, there are a couple of good looking asari characters (non important "flavor" npcs, like a pilot on Voeld outpost, or cultural center technician on Nexus, that have 2-3 dialogue lines). I guess Bioware didn't have time to hit them with the "ugly stick".

Sarah Ryder in end of 2016 and in final version. You can see Bioware "ugly stick" in action:

post-1373-0-61612600-1490465286_thumb.jpg

Notice how only women once again get any choices for romance and the guys get stuck with the ugly women (and some ugly guys for the bi/gay crowd)? -_- Fucking misandrists bitches at Bioware these days.

Also why the hell does it take 16GB RAM?! Most games still barely need 8GB minimum!

Also the story is practically the same as the original trilogy; you must fight a all big bad and mighty knowing race from conquering/eradicating worlds while earning loyalty of your crew. Nothing new here at all but SJW rubbish to keep the feminists happy with their insecurity and how majority of their customers since DAI have been women. Gee I wonder why-oh right because they made the women butt ugly feminist style and offered the ladies anime boy toys. tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk total misandry. Can use their logic and sexism against them too.

Notice how only women once again get any choices for romance and the guys get stuck with the ugly women (and some ugly guys for the bi/gay crowd)?

Man, if you're really that desperate you can get my romance options, I can't outscore my sexual skills anyway :P

Notice how only women once again get any choices for romance and the guys get stuck with the ugly women (and some ugly guys for the bi/gay crowd)? -_- Fucking misandrists bitches at Bioware these days.

Also why the hell does it take 16GB RAM?! Most games still barely need 8GB minimum!

Also the story is practically the same as the original trilogy; you must fight a all big bad and mighty knowing race from conquering/eradicating worlds while earning loyalty of your crew. Nothing new here at all but SJW rubbish to keep the feminists happy with their insecurity and how majority of their customers since DAI have been women. Gee I wonder why-oh right because they made the women butt ugly feminist style and offered the ladies anime boy toys. tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk total misandry. Can use their logic and sexism against them too.

Buzzword: The post. If you try to push a narrative at least use some thought and don't just spew out everything you've read from some youtube comments.

sexy Sarah Ryder

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5b/c6/2e/5bc62ec9e6ccfb57fda3f8fe9c9e5512.jpg

first Inform, then gripe!  ;)

Minimale Systemanforderungen:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 / AMD FX-6350

RAM: 8 GB RAM

DirectX: 11

Grafikkarte: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon 7850 2GB

Festplatte: 55 GB freier Speicherplatz

If you will, I will translate it to you.  :lol:  :lol:

:P

600x.jpg

Notice how only women once again get any choices for romance and the guys get stuck with the ugly women (and some ugly guys for the bi/gay crowd)?

Man, if you're really that desperate you can get my romance options, I can't outscore my sexual skills anyway :P

lachende-smileys-350.gif

I tend to agree with Jackson. However, I'd have preferred the opening up of the game after, say, five hours instead of the ten to be spent on endless introductory chit chat on the Nexus and the still radioactive surface of the Mars-like planet Eos. The odd, slow start of the game (cf. ME-1) was EA/BioWare's decision and tactically probably not the best, at least not if one understands ME:A as some kind of sequel to the ME trilogy, I'd say.

Biowares going bloody backwards on the gay side of things, it was totally open in DA:O, ME2, DA2, and ME3, moving into DA:I it was fine but it was a choice between horns and the stereotypically gay 70s mustache;  Now there's no real gay options except for an idiot that's both never heard of submitting repair and refit requests  to the guy who's supposed to be leading his ship therefore removing any conflicts with Kallo, nor even considered adoption or surrogates in his OMFG Ive gotta bone a chick even though im totally gay so we can totally like repopulate the galaxy man rants in a futuristic world where homosexual relationships are meant to be completely accepted; or a guy who

stabs you in the back and leaves shortly after you actually shack up with him

Out of anything that could make me choose not to buy Bioware games in the future it's this. :/

lot of silliness in this thread. ignorant silliness mostly. mostly from people that haven't even played the game? from what i can tell?

i've got about 22 hours in. and i'm loving it. is it perfect? no. there is a certain lack of emotional conveyance at times in the animations. not all the time. in fact, not even much of the time. the UI could use a little work. it's really not that bad once you figure out some shortcuts.

it's hella fun. gameplay is on point. combat is ass kicking. it's beautiful. you feel like you're making a difference. you're effects on the worldspace are felt. you change the entire climate of places even lol.

i'm not gonna try and argue. what good would that do? all i'll say further is this:

if you enjoyed the mass effect series, you'll like this game. if you enjoyed mass effect AND dragon age: inquisition, you will LOVE this game. because it's pretty much the best of both of those worlds.

I tend to agree with Jackson. However, I'd have preferred the opening up of the game after, say, five hours instead of the ten to be spent on endless introductory chit chat on the Nexus and the still radioactive surface of the Mars-like planet Eos. The odd, slow start of the game (cf. ME-1) was EA/BioWare's decision and tactically probably not the best, at least not if one understands ME:A as some kind of sequel to the ME trilogy, I'd say.

I don't agree with him on many points. Mainly on "everything gets better" and "all RPGs start slow".

My experience comes from playing the trial myself, watching a playthru (not a cut scenes movie) of the full main quest and watching videos of different key moments in the game and other random playthru moments. 

Nothing that has any importance to me gets better later in the game:

- The inconsistencies and lore/logic breaking tendencies of the story only get worse. They are not only in different facts (the telescope or the audio files). SAM is one of the worst and laziest plot devices I have ever seen. In general extremely OP and God like, what he can and can't do is shaped conveniently in order to move the plot and the game forward. Mayor things happen because "for reasons" SAM can do something, other mayor things happen because SAM can't do something else. And because SAM is a black box - they don't need to explain things. He just can do that but can't do something else, don't think - just run towards the quest marker and shoot the baddies.

Putting things in general ME context - they completely ignored the outcry about how stupid and illogical is the Syntheses ending of ME3 and made it a foundation for the story in MEA - because it is a convenient plot device for lazy storytelling. 

- The quicksaves and a consistent save option don't magically appear later in the game, the long E press doesn't disappear, the terrible UI doesn't get better, the clunky scanner controls don't get more convenient. The annoyances in the minute to minute gameplay experience don't disappear. 

- The banter interruptions only get worse. This will drive me crazy tbh. In DAI it was only the Requisition officer. Here it is constantly happening. What is worse - characters will interrupt themselves. What is even worse the constant annoying announcements by SAM can interrupt important information. Because in many cases the game doesn't bother showing you things but relies on the squad or SAM to tell you about them, the interruptions break even this lazy approach to the story and the world.

Sam: Ryder, it is important to note that he-

Sam: Pathfinder, this area can be mined for resources. (or some other of his constant nagging)

- Exploration... Yes, you get access to bigger cells, but still this is the Bioware's take on the "open world" idea that has nothing to do with the open worlds of the TES, Fallout or TW3. Bioware's "open world" is a set of game objectives. The word "exploration" in DAI and MEA has a very different meaning than "exploration" in those other games. Bioware uses the idea of the "open world" in order to add platforming, terrain puzzles and mostly to turn the exploration into a chore.

For me it makes the game extremely game-y and makes the world and the game less relatable and interesting. 

There are other things that can be added, but the post is already long enough. There are too many problems and inconveniences that persist and even get worse after the first 8 hours. 

------------------------------

Gay rage incoming...

Now all this made me think I'll wait for an year or more for the price to drop, patches to be released, modders to fix whatever is possible to fix. However the more I learn about the way the game handles sexuality the worse it gets. And I'm not even talking about the limited m2m romances or the lack of an m2m squad romance or the lame fade to black scenes. It is way worse than that - I find the passive-aggressive approach to me as a gay person to be in a bad taste and tbh simply stupid and unacceptable. It uses two of the most banal ways to make fun or dismiss gays that I have to deal with in RL. 

One of the romances is all about guilt-shaming "the gays" that they are only parasites - they don't reproduce and do nothing for the future but only eat food and consume resources. So the game is forcing you to "redeem" yourself by adopting or taking care of a baby. 

The other romance it seems is used as a way to ridicule the gay player. I haven't seen video of it but apparently there is dialogue with Vetra saying something like "if Reyes is a King does this make you (the gay character) a Queen?" Then you can choose to say "something less fancy than a queen - consort or something" and she says you at least deserve to be a "baroness"

Adding to this the obsession with boobs (there is an Achievement for sleeping with a woman) and all of the other baffling for an AAA studio problems with the game - the only thing I want to know is why did they left a bunch of 16 y.o teenagers make this game?

This is the evaluation of the most prestigious computer magazine in Germany *GameStar* and if they give for MEA a very good,

then this has FULLY its correctness!  ;)

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/mass-effect-andromeda/48839.html

And for the rest, there is already this.  :)

https://segmentnext.com/2017/03/20/mass-effect-andromeda-day-one-patch-may-fix-facial-animation-of-the-female-ryder/

mostly from people that haven't even played the game?

That's a moot point because once you've bought the game you've already supported the company behind it. There's always some uncertainty involved when buying a game because no matter how much you inform yourself you can't be sure whether you enjoy the game in the end or not - but the question is, why should I support a game that's rushed, full of bugs and other questionable decisions? Even the mainstream media outlets aren't so sure about the game, the metacritic rating is at 74, so even the gaming 'journalists' who usually praise every piece of crap if it has a big name behind it aren't doing it now.

If you have fun with the game, all the power to you. But that's just you. Other people think they won't enjoy the game based on the information they have available. They can't be 100% sure, of course, but the only alternative is to buy the game which you might come to regret later with the added bonus that you will encourace developers and publishers to shit out even more unfinished, half-baked stuff like Andromeda. Because a sale is a sale and every sale is a win.

Archived