It would be great if the attacks wouldn´t be so sudden and close . I had to deinstall this Mod because there was liturally high level falmers spawning around me, kidnapping me with 1 hit after i got drunk in a Tavern. The Archers don´t make running away any easier. Maybe a bigger spawn distance would help. This Mod might be good for regular a Sex Playthrough but im more into building a constructive Story and then getting into trouble. Not sure if im worth adding a better spawn distance or something in that range but i´d appreciate it a lot. Or maybe an Advice how to properly integrate this Mod into a Story.

-Aki

Hey, quick question not sure if this is possible or not:

Is there a console command we can use to force-trigger an ambush by a certain enemy type?

The force trigger button in MCM just picks a random spawn regardless of what enemies you have enabled/disabled in settings.

Also feature tweak request... Would it be possible to disable enemy factions of the kidnapper faction from moseying over the scene? Had a couple face palmymoments with this getting a scene in outdoors human camp, and a few dragons, bears and bunnies just ran over to chill and stare at the same time like there was nothing weird about that lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a very simple question asked several times throughout this thread, but I've not seen an answer yet:

Is it possible to force male-only aggressors during kidnapping scenarios?

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I'm uninstalling this. As I'm using a replacer that changes all mannequins to female Argonians, this mod keeps pulling them out of the mixed bag to "ambush" me. It's funny the first two or three times, then it gets old and now there are naked mannequins littering Skyrim.

There's also the rescue quest that never activates, the animations that never start, the unavoidable one-hit knockout from magic, being left alone in story-locked dungeons with no way out, etc, etc, etc.

By the sound of the last few pages, I've long since missed out on this mod. It was apparently more stable before the "redux" and it actually worked as intended. It's unfortunate, I really liked the idea of this mod.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the work you've put into this mod! It works just fine for me for the most part-time had one issue, and it wasn't a problem as I had a very recent save. 

I was reading the elder Scrolls up at the throat of the world; alduin came along to defeat the ancient heroes-and then a bunch of mammoths popped up! Surprised how long it took alduin to kill them! Alas, it broke the scene-the reason I mentioned it, is that I had the 'prevent kidknaps during vanilla scene' checked.

All fine otherwise though, thanks again! ?

Good mod, but not sure if coincidence that after having the mod disabled Skyrim is crashing a lot less. Took on a challenge of doing main quests in master difficulty and this felt it might be too intrusive.

edit: Uh, i had disabled DEC at the same time. Now we'll never know which one was potential culprit.

Wow the mod seems abandoned for now, no post from the author since august apparently....

Well anyway I too feel that there should be better ways to defend against being kidnapped, or an option for that in the mcm (make it a real fight maybe, or they use some poison or paralysis enchantment and you can protect against it, or as another post proposed, at least increase the range at which the kidnappers appear so that you have at least a decent chance to escape).

Except that noticed in a rescue mission that bandits who had their fun with the captive didn't put their armour back, I don't complain, they are easier to kill this way, even if it doesn't make a big difference anyway, but still it would make more sense if they put it back on, and I didn't even interrupt them in the middle of the scene... The rescue missions are very well done by the way, with the ability to tell "we have reached a safe place", when it's impossible to enter the quest objective, very well made mod, it would just need some adjustments on the kidnapping side of things (I think I'll probably disable the kidnapping scenarios in the mcm for now, too unfair).

Also just got something weird : I took  Svinhilde with me as a body guard because when she is KO she transforms to something stronger until the ultimate valkyrie, seems appropriate for the kind of problem we have with this kidnapping. And then I was ambushed near Riften. I didn't take the time to look at who was ambushing me, I just ran, fell down the mountain, but I heard noises of fighting of course, and soon I discovered the dead body of Saphire from the thieves guild, and then their leader arrived telling me that I was expelled and I needed to talk to Vex for reparations... except I was not in the thieves guild, it was the 1st time I was arriving to Riften and I was not even in Riften yet !

Does it mean the thieves guild were the aggressors ? In this case bringing Saphire seems quite odd. Or did they try to protect me and took some casuality (a lost arrow or something like that) ?

Anyway I thought it was too weird and went back to a save before it happened, and I was not ambushed again this time.... !

Ok wanting to use this mod and it seems most everything is working except for when i try to use the dialogue to select a npc as a victim. While i know this can be disabled while searching for this i noticed that the reaction text points to a bunch of sound files that wasnt included in the download. Were these left out on accident, on purpose, or im not understanding something

On 11/11/2018 at 1:32 PM, zelurker said:

Wow the mod seems abandoned for now, no post from the author since august apparently....

Well anyway I too feel that there should be better ways to defend against being kidnapped, or an option for that in the mcm (make it a real fight maybe, or they use some poison or paralysis enchantment and you can protect against it, or as another post proposed, at least increase the range at which the kidnappers appear so that you have at least a decent chance to escape).

Except that noticed in a rescue mission that bandits who had their fun with the captive didn't put their armour back, I don't complain, they are easier to kill this way, even if it doesn't make a big difference anyway, but still it would make more sense if they put it back on, and I didn't even interrupt them in the middle of the scene... The rescue missions are very well done by the way, with the ability to tell "we have reached a safe place", when it's impossible to enter the quest objective, very well made mod, it would just need some adjustments on the kidnapping side of things (I think I'll probably disable the kidnapping scenarios in the mcm for now, too unfair).

Also just got something weird : I took  Svinhilde with me as a body guard because when she is KO she transforms to something stronger until the ultimate valkyrie, seems appropriate for the kind of problem we have with this kidnapping. And then I was ambushed near Riften. I didn't take the time to look at who was ambushing me, I just ran, fell down the mountain, but I heard noises of fighting of course, and soon I discovered the dead body of Saphire from the thieves guild, and then their leader arrived telling me that I was expelled and I needed to talk to Vex for reparations... except I was not in the thieves guild, it was the 1st time I was arriving to Riften and I was not even in Riften yet !

Does it mean the thieves guild were the aggressors ? In this case bringing Saphire seems quite odd. Or did they try to protect me and took some casuality (a lost arrow or something like that) ?

Anyway I thought it was too weird and went back to a save before it happened, and I was not ambushed again this time.... !

I just love the multiverse. Where everything is possible. Even when a mod is not working as it should, it will give you an interesting scenario as the one that you described with the guild protecting you. xD

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2018 at 5:47 PM, poplan said:

Does this work with Skyrim SE?

It does, it can be loaded in as is, but it takes a good while for the mcm to load in. Decided to give it a test, and it works fine, just a bit on the slow side as SE mods with scripts just take a while to load. at least for me it did. But it does do what it's supposed to as far as I have seen. Haven't gotten to the retrieval yet though but im going to assume it works without issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used this mod in three playthroughs and yes, it has a few nasty quirks, but it did supply one of the most memorable moments in the game.

My character was kidnapped by 7 dragons and taken to Fort Neuguard.  Five of the dragons where on the ground and two were flying overhead.  The kidnapping progression was broken when the Neuguard bandits attacked.  That was one hell of a battle (and a really bad idea on behalf of those bandits).  Once those dragons went hostile my character took them on one at a time.  Wish I could have summoned Durnehviir to the party.

• 5 weeks later...

This mod has led to some strange situations...I enable it on occasion only when I know I'm not going to be on any major quests.   It's a pretty fun mod as long as you know it's limitations and issues. 

The best one to date was the Oculus Penitus kidnapping my PC and transporting her to the Katariah.  She got used for a good while before they let her come up for air but damn, is the ship *cramped*

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo, love the idea of the mod, but got some issues that I'm not sure how to fix.

- I don't have the kidnapping trigger, at all. Not even when set to the highest possible chance and removing penalties.

- When I do a force trigger, it does start (so far only with Draugr, even when set to 0%). However my follower, who I've set to victim status trough talk, is one of the assailants, the first to be exact, then one Draugr takes the next turn, and then it all just stops. I can walk around, could probably even kill the revenge target, but not tested that part.

Short version, I've done something wrong, but what?

So, did some more fiddling about with the mod. Mainly reinstall. Then changed the setting of "just this hold". This did fix actual ambushes happening. However, now the other victims are Lydia and varying males (tried several times). After having set my custom follower as victim 2 trough talk.

Hello, liking the concept of this mod I just have a question about after the kidnap and my things being stolen. I've noticed that any attack after the first my items aren't stolen again. I assume it's because it's waiting for me to do the revenge quest or make the deal to get my stuff back first. Just wandering if there is a way to make it that after they take it my stuff  is gone and they steal my things after every successful kidnap? I don't know what options you have when talking to the thieves on handling what happens to your things , but if there is a way to in the console just to set it so that I complete that quest after each kidnap in a way that ends with my things being out of the game i'd prefer that to having to go to the thieves every time. No biggy if there isn't a way  because of quest items or something my work around so far is dropping everything in the next dead body so it despawns and i can keep doing that if necessary.

• 3 weeks later...