13 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I agree with @Adetu that there really is no point having separate inventory and rendered devices.  It just adds unnecessary complexity.  If I remember correctly, it is a leftover from some limitation Skyrim had with inventory manipulation that FO4 does not have.

Unless i am horribly mistaken, the main reason for separate render and inventory devices was to provide means to handle unequipping items based on conditions and circumstances only IF the conditions and circumstances allowed it (player chooses what to do, using key or attempt to struggle, etc., and the item gets removed or not, based on the result of the action).

The inventory device is what player unequips, which triggers the script to hande the attempt to unequip "a device" without doing it when it shouldn't (ie. player has no key, etc.), in which case it equips the inventory item back without any visual oddities or complications taht would normally arise if a real item would get unequipped while it wasn't supposed to (even if it was for a split second).
Even in Fallout 4, i dont think you can achieve the same with only a single regular item (you will get visual "glitches" when locked items get unequipped and equipped again because it wasn't unlocked, switching pose/offsethand/animset as a result, and some minor scripting headaches).

Or am i mistaken? or have i misunderstood the context?

18 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Even in Fallout 4, i dont think you can achieve the same with only a single regular item (you will get visual "glitches" when locked items get unequipped and equipped again because it wasn't unlocked, switching pose/offsethand/animset as a result, and some minor scripting headaches).

You may be right.  I know you can script items so that OnUnEquipped checks conditions and re-equips the item, but I hadn't thought about the visuals aspect.  I think that's how Real Handcuffs does it.

20 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Or am i mistaken? or have i misunderstood the context?

No, you got the context, I'm probably just forgetting stuff :)

I'm a little bit in dead end. How i can read variables from DD:DD_RestraintScript from equipped armor if i know both armors: inventory and rendered? I want check variable from this script what not stored as property and exists somehow only on that equipped device. I know that there is stored all inventory devices what are equipped on player FormList Property DD_PlayerEquippedItems Auto Const .

Probably i said unclear.

In DD:DD_RestraintScript is variable LockShieldTimer: float what store how many hours left before you can open a device. I need check that variable on one of equipped items from other script. I need to be sure if that device can be removed by this script because timer allows it. But if there left hours to be restrained then no device removing.

I found bug in antisleeping cheating system script. As you know when you sleep your restraints cool down not decreased stays the same.  But there can even increase!

As example on you dd item cool down time is 1 hour. You going to sleep on 10 hours but after 3 hours decided to break sleep and wake up. Or you wake up by enemy interrupt.

Now your restraint unlock cool down is 1+10-3=8 hours)

And if you have wearing a another restraints then their cool down increase too by 7 hours.

How more i learn script language then more is unclear) Is there a script command what change combat pose to normal? Like you press and hold reload button? If you put dd items in combat pose it's end with very fancy results) And when you talk with quest npc is there chance to block player movements not to going too far but stays in dialogue? At that moment i only can try to restrain player when he starts a dialogue and release when ends.

I spent about 3 hours in search about those both resolutions without results)

27 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

You might wanna fully re-read what I wrote...

Normally you do have the grace period to actually talk to NPC's.

But, removing the gagged quest breaks nothing anywhere or for any NPC interaction.

Unless you mean not having the "grace period" part of the quest.. then of course, that would, well fubar the game. LOL

14 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Unless you mean not having the "grace period" part of the quest

In that topic was told no about players "grace period". Player can speak up and interact with quests NPC. There was talk about that if you equip gag on settler then you never ever can speak with him because settlers no have "grace period" as player. That means always when you try speak with that settler - it say Mphm and you never ever can be change equipment on him by trade. And if this settler is random settlement quest actor - this quest always be failed because it can't say to you what he want.

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

In that topic was told no about players "grace period". Player can speak up and interact with quests NPC. There was talk about that if you equip gag on settler then you never ever can speak with him because settlers no have "grace period" as player. That means always when you try speak with that settler - it say Mphm and you never ever can be change equipment on him by trade. And if this settler is random settlement quest actor - this quest always be failed because it can't say to you what he want.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I removed the gag quest.

But most of the time I just use Crazy's Multi Tool, lot faster than talking to them. LOL

34 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

I like the gag sounds from slaves and NPC. Because if i wish want see NPC gagged  just will make a similar gag in armor list without gag blocking for some settlers) and if somehow is going wrong and you not play on survival mode - you always can remove gag by console.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:38 PM, Thraus said:

Maybe I´ve missed it in this thread but is there a way to change the Hobble Dress walk animation? To force character make slow steps intead of those jumps?

Arm weapon and animation changes to walk. Or in first view always not hoping.

Or if you put on other steel legs iron animation can change to walk always. Is a Fallout 4 bug of spells.

The same if you have a blindfold - go to world. Then return to inventory - put on other dd item like nipple clamps and when you return to world blindfold effect is gone.  Unless to time when next dd items goes on. Then it changes to dark again. In that moment you can take off nipple clamps (if not got on chastity bra :))) and then light back again. Repeat this and always be light. Before you got wrist cuffs of course)

On 2/7/2020 at 5:46 PM, Elsidia said:

There's still a 'grace period', even when the gag is on an NPC. I've used this numerous times to add/remove gags/items from NPC's/companions plenty.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:10 PM, izzyknows said:

But most of the time I just use Crazy's Multi Tool, lot faster than talking to them. LOL

I was referring to there being a grace period, period, and that DCW's quest would be broken/could break if there wasn't.

At this moment i have 2 bugged items and have no idea how it can be fixed:

1) Boots - when it wears alone then foots are seen through meshes. To fix it you need put on body biped slot 33. That means it forces fall off any body dd as bug. If i put restriction that means if you wear boots you can't got on any body dd. You can change view priority in armor addon and then any dd on body will be invisible.

2) Bondage mittens - when you wear catsuit - then arms are seen thought mittens because catsuit have gloves. The same in pipboy - you both: gloves and mitten. If you put on catsuit slot 34 - then mittens can't wear when you have on catsuit and catsuit can't wear when you have mittens on. What is very illogical. In the same way - when you wear gloves - mittens can't be wear because both have slot 34 and this is illogical too)

I found another bug what's more touch modders not players.

But maybe it's no bug? Probably... it is. Anyway i share info with you.

Most of dd dress what have more visual than restrain character doesn't have in inventory device armor addon: dummy. They not have any addon. That means you can equip this dress if it is in your inventory. But if you equip it by script it's only put dress in inventory. For players that means if they install dwc mod there is chance that those dress drops as cursed loot and instead of locking on you just shows up in inventory. Also those dress can't be equipped on NPC: if you put those dress in NPC inventory equip button just not shows up. Also those dress haven't world model that means if you drop on ground it's disappear and can't be pick up. Example: Pink Latex Mini dress.

That's all, folks! :)))

@Kimy

First off thanks for this mod! :)

I have some question regarding the WornDevices database. It looks like it doesn't track boots (DD_kw_ItemType_Boots) ?

Is this intended? 

Is there another way to get the inventory item, other then 'databaseRetrieveDevice' (which is not working in this case)?

struct WornDevices
	Actor slave = None
	Armor belt = None
	Armor blindfold = None
	Armor bra = None
	Armor collar = None
	Armor gag = None
	Armor gloves = None
	Armor harness = None
	Armor hood = None
	Armor legcuffs = None
	Armor nipplepiercings = None
	Armor pluganal = None
	Armor plugvaginal = None
	Armor suit = None
	Armor wristcuffs = None
endStruct

any help would be appreciated!

20 hours ago, Akor said:

Is there another way to get the inventory item

Boots are most bugged items in dd and seems Kimy forgot put boots in database. I still not have a idea how to hide feets on those boots and not to break other dd functionality. I have idea only about player. If you want remove boots you can use in hidden:

Spoiler

If libs.player.wornhaskeyword(libs.DD_kw_ItemType_Boots)
            libs.RemoveGenericDeviceByKeyword(libs.player, libs.DD_kw_ItemType_Boots)
            Utility.Wait(5)
        Endif

- there says it's painfully slow but works - i just test in game. Edited: My futher test show that probably after remove you need put utility.wait(5) because sometimes item not removed. What delay you exactly need you can test yourself but 1 is not enough. If you want just know if player wears a boot - there is list where was stored all dd items what player wears. DD_PlayerEquippedItems - is list name. And in function is fragment what can helps you find a boots.  In hiden part:

Spoiler

Bool HasItem = False
        Armor InventoryDevice = None
        ObjectReference tmpORef = None
        Int i = DD_PlayerEquippedItems.GetSize()
        While i > 0 && !HasItem
            i-=1
            InventoryDevice = DD_PlayerEquippedItems.GetAt(i) As Armor
            tmpORef = Player.placeAtMe(InventoryDevice, abInitiallyDisabled = true)
            DD:DD_RestraintScript tmpZRef = tmpORef as DD:DD_RestraintScript
            if tmpZRef != none
                If tmpZRef.DeviceKeyword == DeviousDevice
                    ; found a match
                    HasItem = True
                    if tmpZref.HasKeyword(DD_kw_IsQuestItem) || tmpZRef.RenderedDevice.HasKeyword(DD_kw_IsQuestItem)
                        Log("RemoveGenericDevice called on a quest device.")
                    Elseif Player.IsEquipped(tmpZRef.RenderedDevice)
                        RemoveDevice(Player, InventoryDevice, tmpZRef.RenderedDevice)
                        success = true
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            Else
                Log("RemoveGenericDevice received non DD argument.")
            EndIf
            tmpZRef.UnregisterForAllEvents()
            tmpZRef = none
            tmpORef.Delete()
            tmpORef = None
        EndWhile

Where deviousdevice is keyword what you seeks. For you it's DD_kw_ItemType_Boots. For NPC? I have no idea. Because this list is only for player.

I found another bugged item: Institute Leg Cuffs - if you wear that item and then put on Latex Restraint dress - leg cuffs can't be removed. It's because that DD_Legcuffs_Institute_Inventory have biped slot 50 - neck. You need to remove all biped slots from inventory device and then it's works fine.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:08 PM, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

There's still a 'grace period', even when the gag is on an NPC.

I check a scripts more carefully. There no grace period for NPC - it's always say mph when you speak with him. If NPC is companion it's always speak with you even if have a gag it's ignores a gag. Maybe it's because i have unlimited companions mod (about companions) But even if you don't have this mod other NPC still stays gagged. To fix this an left all as Kimy plan you need do those steps:

1) Open Fo4edit

2) add new condition exactly on that place where it's on hidden:

Spoiler

picture1.jpg.fbd88945d37ccd4a81ac93070a341697.jpg

3) be sure that condition is always on place where it's show on next picture in hidden and have and at end

Spoiler

picture2.jpg.ef67b5600b20fafbe8459ff762857196.jpg

4) Now you need add a script fragment to NPC dialogue end as in hidden picture as well:

Spoiler

picture3.jpg.1fdf158bf1f0e6a63120356261b353ec.jpg

I test it works the same as player grace period. Only bug is that player wears too gag then always NPC says first mph and gag talking is gone for both: player and NPC - i just use gag period for player. That means if you have unlock grace period for NPC it works on all NPC was gagged and on player too. The same if you first unlock grace period for player and then try to speak with gagged NPC it's can speak too. But not soo much bug for NPC grace period isn't? That's all , folks! :)