MaryJane's animations for Kinky World and Passion (Updated: 01March2021)

22 hours ago, Motherlodesims said:

I'm really happy to join inside the sims 3 again, if you don't care, myladie ? 
Hope see you again.

I would never mind you joining sims 3 again, you're the best animator out there in my opinion! The only thing troublesome would be that my animations look like crap next to yours ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just want to give heads up that I currently have taken on a new project (of course I have, can't stick to one thing, can I? ?)

I'm default replacing all EA hairs with CC ones. This is quite the project, but now that I've learned how to do it I'm committed to it: EA hairs begone! This unfortunately means that I'm not animating untill I'm 1. done with it or 2. sick of it and want to take a break. Just so you all know that I have not fallen of the earth again: I will go back to animations eventually! 

16 hours ago, MaryJane said:

I'm default replacing all EA hairs with CC ones.

Saw your hairs on tumblr somewhere. Nice work no doubt.

Good for the CC hair section, bad for the CC animation section.

All EA Hairs !? This is a big job what keep you busy for a while I think.

Would you provide a link to your hairs for us here, may be ?

16 hours ago, MaryJane said:

I'm default replacing all EA hairs with CC ones.

Good luck! Please let everyone know how you do it, as during one of my "fits of rage", I tried replacing those darned pigtails!!! You know... the ones that EA will put on males when they age up. Well, as @namaradus then informed me about THAT hair, there are something like 60 references woven into the EA code and long to short, that one did not work so well. (((

And, I even tried using a shoulder length hair style that I use for male and female, just so it would not be so crazy as pigtails on a boy... but...

And again, you sound like my sister! OY!!! ANOTHER big project and have not finished the other... Hello pot! My name is kettle!!!!! ))))))

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

Saw your hairs on tumblr somewhere. Nice work no doubt.

Good for the CC hair section, bad for the CC animation section.

All EA Hairs !? This is a big job what keep you busy for a while I think.

Would you provide a link to your hairs for us here, may be ?

It is quite a big job, especially since some hairs are very stubborn and refuse to cooperate, lol.

You can find them all on my tumblr: https://maryjanesims3.tumblr.com/ 
I'm very new to using Tumblr so my page isn't really easy to navigate yet, but I know myself: if I'm going to fix that, I'll probably want to learn all HTML coding and you won't see me back in two years. LOL. So this will do for now!

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Good luck! Please let everyone know how you do it, as during one of my "fits of rage", I tried replacing those darned pigtails!!! You know... the ones that EA will put on males when they age up. Well, as @namaradus then informed me about THAT hair, there are something like 60 references woven into the EA code and long to short, that one did not work so well. (((

And, I even tried using a shoulder length hair style that I use for male and female, just so it would not be so crazy as pigtails on a boy... but...

And again, you sound like my sister! OY!!! ANOTHER big project and have not finished the other... Hello pot! My name is kettle!!!!! ))))))

ARGH those pigtails. You know, I have a theory about that hair. I think it is caused by cc hair! Since I'm doing the replacements, I noticed a lot of creators don't set proper Lods to their hairs. You know which hair is used most for lod3? THE PIGTAILS. I really think this might actually has something to do with it. 

About how to do it, I mostly followed this: https://carversims.tumblr.com/post/173750559413/gtutorial-default-replacement-hair-for-ts3-what

This is the most important, BUT there are some things she does not cover. Hit me up if you're trying again then I'll write some things you should know.

Btw, I'm not surprised you didn't have luck with replacing the pigtails. I find replacing accessory hair a pain in the ass. I only succeeded on one for now! 

2 hours ago, MaryJane said:

I only succeeded on one for now!

Misery loves company! I feel better now!!! ))) I have kind of succeeded in replacing a couple of default hairs. Really nothing drastic. I removed the ugly spike flower thing from an Into The Future hair and the trellis braids on the side of another that annoyed me. ))) 

Yes, "hair people" can be bad. I made Lod mistakes when starting because I did not know. But, many hairs are high polycount Lod 0 and Lod 1 and perhaps reduced for Lod 2, but yes... EA pigtails for Lod 3!!! ))) As I rarely play with hair, I don't really understand why use a 2 Group mesh and then hide a face inside the head instead of using a single group base? It's not as they split the polycount between the groups.

I have saved the link to your hairs and will go through them when I have time. Thanks!

This is the hair I tried to use to replace the pigtails...

hair.PNG.68429795a6dc9b53904a1dd0364499f0.PNG

It actually works well on guys, teen thru elder!

Oh... linked your tumblr page on my help page here! )))

23 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Misery loves company! I feel better now!!! ))) I have kind of succeeded in replacing a couple of default hairs. Really nothing drastic. I removed the ugly spike flower thing from an Into The Future hair and the trellis braids on the side of another that annoyed me. ))) 

Yes, "hair people" can be bad. I made Lod mistakes when starting because I did not know. But, many hairs are high polycount Lod 0 and Lod 1 and perhaps reduced for Lod 2, but yes... EA pigtails for Lod 3!!! ))) As I rarely play with hair, I don't really understand why use a 2 Group mesh and then hide a face inside the head instead of using a single group base? It's not as they split the polycount between the groups.

I have saved the link to your hairs and will go through them when I have time. Thanks!

This is the hair I tried to use to replace the pigtails...

hair.PNG.68429795a6dc9b53904a1dd0364499f0.PNG

It actually works well on guys, teen thru elder!

Oh... linked your tumblr page on my help page here! )))

Ohhhhh absolutely despise those pigtails...may you share the link for this default LadySmoks....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE 

On 4/24/2021 at 7:49 PM, MaryJane said:

Hi all, just want to give heads up that I currently have taken on a new project (of course I have, can't stick to one thing, can I? ?)

I'm default replacing all EA hairs with CC ones. This is quite the project, but now that I've learned how to do it I'm committed to it: EA hairs begone! This unfortunately means that I'm not animating untill I'm 1. done with it or 2. sick of it and want to take a break. Just so you all know that I have not fallen of the earth again: I will go back to animations eventually! 

Mary Jane...I can kiss you for this!!!! Thank you soooooo much for putting in the time!!!

1 hour ago, S3LynnMods said:

may you share the link for this default LadySmoks

Oh no... I tried to make a default replacement using the hair in the photo... AND FAILED!!!! But, I think that hair style looks okay for both men and women, and teen thru elder, so that's why I tried using it. I'll try again, if MaryJane does not get to it first... which is likely. ))) I'm currently cleaning my game files, which may take...........................

16 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

if MaryJane does not get to it first...

I probably will do them, but I'm replacing EA hairs with hairs that at least somewhat match their style, so the pigtails are probably going to be replaced with better pigtails. 

The hair that appears on males isn't the 'real' hair, you can see that on the weird red ribbons. If they age up with the 'normal' pigtails they're usually blue. So I doubt that replacing the pigtails will solve the problem. People have disabled that hair with mods and it still showed up :(

2 hours ago, MaryJane said:

People have disabled that hair with mods

Yes. I edited... should say, copied a CASP from a copied set of build/ delta packages, made an override package set as valid for nothing. I actually think THAT may be working. ))) I have not had it long enough to be sure.

Been cleaning up the mess that is my TS3 folders! Fixed a few old broken merged packages from before I had a clue how to properly merge packages. I still have a couple to go through. ((( Then, regrouping them into something that makes sense. FUN! ?

@MaryJane and @S3LynnMods, first MaryJane... took a break from fixing my folders. Have almost all fixed. Put in your hair packages. So far, I have 2 NPC's with MUCH nicer hair!!!! Automatically replaced! YAY!!! You have good taste... Thank you!

And my folly part 2... I downloaded a fresh copy of the Cool Sims hair and followed step by step, the tutorial and have remade the tf thru af pigtails and a separate ef package using that hair. Ironically, when I began working, I found that af pigtails was the base used for the Cool Sims hair!!!!!!!!! ?I think I found the problem I had by doing it as the tutorial said, which was the bow texture showing on the hair. I think I fixed it. I may take my family to Lunar Lakes, as I know a girl there has the pigtails to see if they are changed.

54 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

I think I fixed it.

If you did, please tell me how! It would be awesome if I could replace accessory hair with normal hair! Makes picking out something nice much easier (there aren't many accessory hairs)

Oh and, check if the hair doesn't move when you change the eyeshape of your sim. If it does move, you need to fix the comments you did in milkshape. In the first line of lod0 and lod1, the FVFItems: if there's an 8 in there, change it to a 7 and it should be fixed.

5 hours ago, MaryJane said:

milkshape

I do not have, so I tend to fudge things when tutorials use MilkShape. Sometimes what I do works. ) Perhaps, it was not necessary this time, as this Cool Sims hair that I am using has tags from the pigtails inside when I used Meshing Tool Kit to name the files to make it easier for me to find what I needed. Because of this, perhaps I was able to skip those steps???

I made the 2 clone packages for tf thru af and separate one for ef as the tutorial said. Then, extracted the imgs and geoms from the Cool Sims hair package and saved them.

So, what I found when replacing imgs, is that the multiplier for the pigtail bows only covered part of the texture and the remainder was blank. So, I made a 1024 x 1024 blank dxt1. The mask was red on the bow area and black on the hair area. I made a black 1024 x 1024 dxt1. I replaced the other hair imgs, specular, diffuse, control, halo and normal as the tutorial said, and let the scalp textures remain. Then, I simply extracted the Cool Sims geoms and replaced the geoms in the clone packages. Then combined the packages. Installed to my game and ran Delphy's Dashboard tool.

The L0-0 and L1-0 from Cool Sims that is equal to the pigtail bows is just a triangle that sits inside the head, as many hair creators will do. Both Cool Sims hair and EA only have one mesh group for L2 and L3. ))) Because the geom carried the bone assignments and weights, the new hair rests on the shoulders and follows the same as the original Cool Sims hair!!!

But, the problem that I haven't figured out. I started a new game in Bridgeport, as Hanna Smythe has EA pigtails. But, the hair was blocky and had streaks. I took her to CAS, and the hair was perfect. I checked a few sliders and the eyes, and it was okay. When I exited CAS, the hair was perfect??? Then, I tried a new game with the same package in Lunar Lakes as a girl there has pigtails, and she was perfect! Not sure why it looks so bad on Hanna Smythe until going to CAS?

Spoiler

1.jpg.3333f94b976a1cf7158872e90ecfba51.jpg

2.jpg.0806b7a7a2caede6d0beaf3eeff76795.jpg

3.jpg.bd241629576f8813df876e31ba886d22.jpg

I now realized that I need to change the presets in the CASP to only one so the thumbnails will work.

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Not sure why it looks so bad on Hanna Smythe until going to CAS?

That's often the case when a default hair when it loads for the first time! It happens to me all the time - what you did was right, go into CAS and change something small and the hair will work as intended. Often when starting a fresh game in one of the premade EA towns, my default eyes and skin don't show up on the sims either.

I think it's cool this works. I thought the lods for the ribbons would intervene with the hair, but good that doesn't happen!

1 hour ago, MaryJane said:

I thought the lods for the ribbons would intervene with the hair

They always did when I tried before you gave to me the tutorial link that explained better how to make the packages using s3oc. ))) After doing it this way, and seeing how texture imgs were laid out in s3pe, I think that I understood better that I needed to make a blank for the multiplier also. )))

5 hours ago, CHboom! said:

If I put your replacement files, then EA standard hairs don't show up at all?

The ones I replaced will not show up anymore!

I recommend placing them in overrides folder. And remember that CC hair is a lot higher in polycount than EA hair, so consider if your system/game can handle that if every townie spawns with cc hair. 

57 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

system/game can handle that if every townie spawns with cc hair

Some hair is worse than others - I wouldn't try a town where everyone wears this style. ?  Still, I rarely use default hairs unless unique from certain EP's. You could change that. During CAS, Accessories take the longest - followed by Hair.

Spoiler

Screenshot-855.jpg.928010d4e0de23ddb487bc7772a07e86.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, jung03211 said:

Question.

knocked out animations = sleeping rape? Or consensual woohoo animation?

Whatever you want it to be for your gameplay :) 

If she is really asleep then it can't be consensual (unless they are partners and agreed to it or something!)