MaryJane's animations for Kinky World and Passion (Updated: 01March2021)

14 hours ago, Clydie said:

I also hate some of my animations and thought to clear them out. But finally decided to leave them in, because a bad animation is better then none and nobody is forced to install them. 

However, I did not saw or would call even one of your animations as bad. So I also vote for new ones.

It all made me think now - this, and some messages I got. 

I think new animations is the best to do, it got the most votes and it's what I like to do. I also already foresee a problem if I'm going to replace old animations: some might become upset that they're gone and that would leave me with more work, creating different packages: one with older animations and one without. Ain't nobody got time for that. 

So, the people, who (like myself) are bothered by some of the older animations, would just have to do with blacklisting (or removing) them so they don't play automatically. 

Thanks everyone for voting! It was good for me to see that I'm just criticizing my work unnecessarily hard - a lesson learned. So, I'm gonna stop doing that and just have some fun creating!

19 hours ago, MaryJane said:

But you're right, creating new things brings something to the game. Although I must admit that finding something new to do becomes difficult after so many animations. Also, some objects are 'rare', so I won't see the animation often if there is one for it (let's say the bondage frame for example, I rarely use that one in game, but I did make animations for it which I often just forget about. So I've spend days on animations I actually never use - I see that as a waste of my time.

Another not plowed field - an exotic pole object (SculptureFloorGunShow). I tried to transfer to it a couple animations of Lucas  - it worked out well.
And it would be nice to create a series of animations "sex with a stripper" or "sex during a striptease", such a fantasy came, do not pay attention;) But all hope is only on you!:))

I've got two in-game teasers for the upcoming animations for y'all

ezgif-2-1e2b7d0386b1.gif.85dc4798aba116b133491ff926114e6d.gifezgif-2-eb7ef7ffee54.gif.5e35c6a0b5ea572ea4de0df5b35fab59.gif

I've got 4 animations done now, although one of them is a simple replacement of height (seen in the gif - also available on the floor)

I want to make at least two more for the hottub before release, I think. 

Talking about the hottub - bit frustrated about that. I wanted to make this animation (and my older hottub animations) also available for the small hottub, I just needed to move them a bit or else they would clip, and now it appears 'HotTubSmall' isn't a woohooable object -.-'
HotTubGrotto is (big hottub), HotTubBase is (then the animations appear on both) but HotTubSmall isn't! Go figure, lol. Unfortunately, I can't just code them to be visible on both, I really need to make them separate or else they won't align correctly...

On 2/17/2021 at 4:32 PM, MaryJane said:

So I've spend days on animations I actually never use - I see that as a waste of my time. So I hope other people do use it, then at least it wasn't for nothing)

I use them and I find them amazing! I also haven't been using animations in the Sims 3 for very long time (I began last september) but I understand what You mean. I'll try to find a way to help by scrutinizing them a little more seriously next time and if I have some ideas I'll let You know. Btw I love playing with that game. I was about to play it but I love to do some researches here, and I found this post ?!

❤️ ❤️❤️

1 hour ago, MaryJane said:

Talking about the hottub - bit frustrated about that. I wanted to make this animation (and my older hottub animations) also available for the small hottub, I just needed to move them a bit or else they would clip, and now it appears 'HotTubSmall' isn't a woohooable object

If I remember correctly the internal name for the small hot tubs is HotTub4Seated try using that. They should be woohooable as they have Woohoo and Try for Baby interactions although the footprint for those is a PITA.

14 minutes ago, spaceman1 said:

If I remember correctly the internal name for the small hot tubs is HotTub4Seated try using that. They should be woohooable as they have Woohoo and Try for Baby interactions although the footprint for those is a PITA.

OMG, You were right! Thank you so much!

How do I figure out the internal name of an object? Until now I just used s3oc to look up the object name, but the small hottub has a different name in there, so apparently that isn't a foolproof way. 

44 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

OMG, You were right! Thank you so much!

How do I figure out the internal name of an object? Until now I just used s3oc to look up the object name, but the small hottub has a different name in there, so apparently that isn't a foolproof way. 

Clone the game object then use S3PE and look at the OBJK and find the script class in the right window you'll see the internal name at the end of the script. I used one of Jynx's rabbithole rugs as an example.

Untitled2.png

7 hours ago, MaryJane said:

Talking about the hottub - bit frustrated about that. I wanted to make this animation (and my older hottub animations) also available for the small hottub, I just needed to move them a bit or else they would clip, and now it appears 'HotTubSmall' isn't a woohooable object -.-'
HotTubGrotto is (big hottub), HotTubBase is (then the animations appear on both) but HotTubSmall isn't! Go figure, lol. Unfortunately, I can't just code them to be visible on both, I really need to make them separate or else they won't align correctly...

You never asked me though! ? (payback time)

I'm joking ok! ?

These are the hot tub names in game and defiantly there is no HotTubSmall that exist in game cores.

The hot tub names are

HotTub4Seated
HotTubBase
HotTubBasin
HotTubGrotto
HotTubGrottoCeleb
HotTub4Seated

and the name that you need is HotTubBase insteed of HotTubSmall

OBJK shows nothing of any objects game classes.

If you click the grid of S3PE you will see only the objects resource key and if you touch it you will loose the object from your game!

Never ever do that. 

The class of an object is its name e.g HotTubBase is a class of Sims3GameplaySystems core

10 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

The hot tub names are

HotTub4Seated
HotTubBase
HotTubBasin
HotTubGrotto
HotTubGrottoCeleb
HotTub4Seated

NO HotTub4Seated is the internal name used for all small hot tubs. HotTubBase is a fallback name and script for both the small and large hot tubs that's why the animations were showing on both large and small hot tubs when it was being used. HotTubBasin I can't remember what this was being used for or if it's even being used. Unless EA changed something after I left the company which I doubt.

The reason that HotTubBase is a fallback is so people who only have the Base Game can use the hot tubs from the various Sims 3 Store Sets.

OBJK shows nothing of any objects game classes.

If you click the grid of S3PE you will see only the objects resource key and if you touch it you will loose the object from your game!

He didn't say click on the gird he said click on the OBJK (to highlight it) and look in the right window.

And you can find the internal name for some objects in the script class for example

Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.HotTubGrotto  <----- This is the internal name.

Look at what he circled in his example he circled the script class.

@MaryJane using the OBJK to see the script class to find the internal name is not a foolproof way but it one way that you can try.

An example of this is the Uniformity Hot Tub from Seasons if you were to look at the OBJK to see the script class you'll see

Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.HotTubGrottoSeasonElegant. Now HotTubGrottoSeasonElegant is not the internal name for the Uniformity HotTubGrotto is.

@spaceman1 hello my Navajo brother contact me on GoG I know I haven't been there in awhile but I should be there more often now that I'm back in the US. Also I'm a little perturbed that you let out my secret as being one of the Sims 3 developers.

*Edit* 

Now I remember HotTubBasin is used by the Top Deco Mini Spa Hot Tub (which is a small hot tub) from Showtime.

@TwilightStorm there also seems to be a bug in Passion when I edited Mary Janes OKW to remove the HotTubGrotto reference to put in the HotTub4Seated reference the mod still maintained the HotTubGrotto reference even though no animation would play with a large hot tub but this only happens in an ongoing save. If I was to change the reference with a New Game or a save that hasn't seen Passion and exit without saving to change the references that doesn't happen also Resetting Passion and Reset Defaults didn't work.

On 2/17/2021 at 6:28 AM, MaryJane said:

very critical towards my own creations

OY! Like I wrote it!!!!!! )))) Personally, I think you are far more critical of your old animations than anyone else who is still loving them. If they REALLY bother you THAT much???????? ))))))))))) 

I do know the feeling, as I am still learning new things all of the time, and look at what I did last week and want to start over. Even after I uploaded the last FemmeBot, I learned a small thing that would have made her a little better... although, most may never notice. JoshQ often told me not to dwell on the past. You did a good job, people like it, now stop worrying about it. )))))) BIG HUG!

@MaryJane here you go 

Small hot tubs:

Top Deco Mini Spa-HotTubBasin

The Maelstrom Hot Tub-HotTub4Seated
The Modern Rustic Hot Tub-HotTub4Seated
The Resplendence Hot Tub-HotTub4Seated
Neptune's Grotto Hot Tub-HotTub4Seated

Large hot tubs:

The Majestic Grotto Hot Tub-HotTubGrottoCeleb

The Serenity Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

The Empress Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

The Aqueous Garden Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

The Water Course Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

Ponce De León Grotto Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

Uniformity Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

"The Perfect Warm" Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

Wet-Side Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

HotTubBase is a fallback reference that you should use for animations that are neutral with small and large. Be aware that if people only have the Base Game and have hot tubs from the Sims 3 Store or cloned hot tubs from the EP's and SP's to use with just the Base Game that they might or might not fallback to this reference.

And to note I believe there are a couple of hot tubs in the Sims 3 Store that have different internal names unless it had been changed which it should have been but I'm not going through all that stuff to find out.

My oh my, I was out for a night to get my beauty sleep and now I'm drowning in notifications! Y U do this? (No, just kidding of course ?)

Before I say anything else I want to give a tip to everyone who animates or want to animate: please, please make back-ups of your blender files. I lost ALL my files a year ago and since I wasn't really animating anymore I didn't do my best to get them back - I am so regretting that now (and so happy I had my rigs stored elsewhere). I can't edit my older hottub animations anymore because I have to move them in their baked form and can't adjust anything. While it works for some, the missionary for example still clips with the arms and I can't edit it because I don't have the file anymore. It would have been such an easy fix normally ?
Oh, well, at least the new ones will be also available for the small hottub! 

You never asked me though! ? (payback time)

I'm joking ok! ?

Hahaha, payback from not so wayback, I guess I deserved that one ?

I tried HotTubBase but then the animations aligned to fit the small one would also appear on the big hottub. 

8 hours ago, namaradus said:

@MaryJane using the OBJK to see the script class to find the internal name is not a foolproof way but it one way that you can try.

An example of this is the Uniformity Hot Tub from Seasons if you were to look at the OBJK to see the script class you'll see

Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Plumbing.HotTubGrottoSeasonElegant. Now HotTubGrottoSeasonElegant is not the internal name for the Uniformity HotTubGrotto is.

I figured out that much! It is the same for BedDouble, TableDining etc etc. Some have an extra fancy word in the name that isn't used in the code. But thank you! 

6 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

OY! Like I wrote it!!!!!! )))) Personally, I think you are far more critical of your old animations than anyone else who is still loving them. If they REALLY bother you THAT much???????? ))))))))))) 

I do know the feeling, as I am still learning new things all of the time, and look at what I did last week and want to start over. Even after I uploaded the last FemmeBot, I learned a small thing that would have made her a little better... although, most may never notice. JoshQ often told me not to dwell on the past. You did a good job, people like it, now stop worrying about it. )))))) BIG HUG!

Sister from another mister, right? No more dwelling on the past. They do really bother me, but as you already said: I am far more critical of my own work compared to anyone else. So I'll just let it go now. ?

3 hours ago, namaradus said:

@MaryJane here you go 

Small hot tubs:

Top Deco Mini Spa-HotTubBasin

The Maelstrom Hot Tub-HotTub4Seated
The Modern Rustic Hot Tub-HotTub4Seated
The Resplendence Hot Tub-HotTub4Seated
Neptune's Grotto Hot Tub-HotTub4Seated

Large hot tubs:

The Majestic Grotto Hot Tub-HotTubGrottoCeleb

The Serenity Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

The Empress Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

The Aqueous Garden Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

The Water Course Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

Ponce De León Grotto Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

Uniformity Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

"The Perfect Warm" Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

Wet-Side Hot Tub-HotTubGrotto

HotTubBase is a fallback reference that you should use for animations that are neutral with small and large. Be aware that if people only have the Base Game and have hot tubs from the Sims 3 Store or cloned hot tubs from the EP's and SP's to use with just the Base Game that they might or might not fallback to this reference.

And to note I believe there are a couple of hot tubs in the Sims 3 Store that have different internal names unless it had been changed which it should have been but I'm not going through all that stuff to find out.

Thank you so much for the effort of looking this up! I'll check if the animations work on some of the store hottubs I have in my game. If not: so be it, than I urge players to please decorate with a different hottub if they want to use the animations! 

Thank you so much for the effort of looking this up! I'll check if the animations work on some of the store hottubs I have in my game. If not: so be it, than I urge players to please decorate with a different hottub if they want to use the animations! 

Don't worry too much about it I already checked since I was able to find them fairly fast they should be fine.

Hahaha, payback from not so wayback, I guess I deserved that one ?

I tried HotTubBase but then the animations aligned to fit the small one would also appear on the big hottub. 

HotTubBase is the parent class of HotTubs. Anything else is child. 

Using HotTubBase your animations play on any HotTub.

That is what passion loads and it's not a bug as @namaradus mentioned.

If Oniki loads the same class in KW then your animations will play on small and large Tubs no matter the choice

Χωρίς τίτλο4.jpg

Χωρίς τίτλο3.jpg

Χωρίς τίτλο1.jpg

1 hour ago, TwilightStorm said:

That's what I said it's a fallback. When the proper EP's are installed the game will use the child to identify the Sims 3 Store hot tub without those EP's it will use the parent so that they are playable. As the child references are only supposed to run when the proper EP's are installed.

My specialty is CAW anyway and that's what the programmers told me. But considering how buggy the game is who knows if it actually works the way they said. Considering the game runs the Late Night Bar/Mixology code even when LN is not installed and I have seen this with Nraas MC you can get sims immigrating into Town with the Vampire Hidden Trait even if you don't have Supernatural and LN installed although they won't be vampires until you install one of those. :grimace:

1 hour ago, TwilightStorm said:

That is what passion loads and it's not a bug as @namaradus mentioned.

When I did my test setup with Passion installed and saved my game to go change the references from HotTubGrotto to HotTub4Seated it kept the HotTubGrotto reference and showed the Passion Interactions for both. When the sims tried to use a large hot tub they would just stand superimposed on each other as there were no animations available after I changed the references. With Passion installed it keeps both references.

So I uninstalled Passion to redo my test setup and saved my game to change the references to HotTub4Seated there were no interactions for the HotTubGrotto reference until I exited the game without saving to change it back to HotTubGrotto which gave Passion Interactions back and HotTub4Seated no longer had Passion Interactions.

If that's not a bug then so be it. But it should ignore a reference/object that no longer has a reference in the OKW so that interactions don't run for it if there is no animations for it anymore in an ongoing save.

39 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

Using HotTubBase your animations play on any HotTub.

Yes, I know, but that is why I can't use HotTubBase. My animations are aligned for HotTubGrotto, so I need to make separate animations for the HotTub4Seated and move the rigs in blender to fit the small hottub. I can't let one animation play on both because it would not align. It's because of the position I want the animation in - on the edge of the hottub, so to say. 

54 minutes ago, namaradus said:

When I did my test setup with Passion installed and saved my game to go change the references from HotTubGrotto to HotTub4Seated it kept the HotTubGrotto reference and showed the Passion Interactions for both. When the sims tried to use a large hot tub they would just stand superimposed on each other as there were no animations available after I changed the references. With Passion installed it keeps both references.

So I uninstalled Passion to redo my test setup and saved my game to change the references to HotTub4Seated there were no interactions for the HotTubGrotto reference until I exited the game without saving to change it back to HotTubGrotto which gave Passion Interactions back and HotTub4Seated no longer had Passion Interactions.

If that's not a bug then so be it. But it should ignore a reference/object that no longer has a reference in the OKW so that interactions don't run for it if there is no animations for it anymore in an ongoing save.

These are unhandled references made from Sims 3 most times you delete an object.

It's not passion fault.

Twallan's DeReference  cleans many of them if it's installed.

They are deleted objects that have their interactions left in memory.

1 minute ago, TwilightStorm said:

These are unhandled references made from Sims 3 most times you delete an object.

It's not passion fault.

Twallan's DeReference  cleans many of them if it's installed.

They are deleted objects that have their interactions left in memory.

Yeah I have ErrorTrap running full throttle and I see what you're saying. 

51 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

Yes, I know, but that is why I can't use HotTubBase. My animations are aligned for HotTubGrotto, so I need to make separate animations for the HotTub4Seated and move the rigs in blender to fit the small hottub. I can't let one animation play on both because it would not align. It's because of the position I want the animation in - on the edge of the hottub, so to say. 

Before that, have you see it in KW?

I mean if you add a hotTub of your choice in XLM tags KW play these animations on this specific Tub only or on more of them because of the parent/child feature?

20 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

I mean if you add a hotTub of your choice in XLM tags KW play these animations on this specific Tub only or more of them because of the parent/child feature?

From my own experience it's specific. If you use HotTubBasin it'll only run the animation on the Top Deco Mini Spa and no others and if you use HotTubGrotto it'll run only on large hot tubs. At least it was like that in the past but I haven't used KW in a long long time so I'm not sure how it is now.

19 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

I mean if you add a hotTub of your choice in XLM tags KW play these animations on this specific Tub only or on more of them because of the parent/child feature?

What I tested with KW:

If I put 'HotTubGrotto' it will only play on big tubs.

If I put 'HotTubBase' it will play on ALL tubs

If I put 'HotTub4seated' in will only play on small tubs

So, in KW, it only plays on what you specify in the XML. But let's say I make an animations specified for only the HotTubGrotto and another animator has one for 'HotTubBase', they do switch to each other in the big hottub. 

3 hours ago, MaryJane said:

What I tested with KW:

If I put 'HotTubGrotto' it will only play on big tubs.

If I put 'HotTubBase' it will play on ALL tubs

If I put 'HotTub4seated' in will only play on small tubs

So, in KW, it only plays on what you specify in the XML. But let's say I make an animations specified for only the HotTubGrotto and another animator has one for 'HotTubBase', they do switch to each other in the big hottub. 

Yes, I expected that!

Oniki use the HotTubBase as Alfiechan started in passion and as I lately do.

The reason is the game EP's. We want the player to use your animations no matter the game EP that the player has.

A solution that can be found in EP6 is the HotTubSleekSopSimple. This one has parent class the HotTub4Seated and maybe it might stands alone.

Test it and if it works for you, inform the players to install EP6 (The Sims 3 Showtime).   

4 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

Yes, I expected that!

Oniki use the HotTubBase as Alfiechan started in passion and as I lately do.

The reason is the game EP's. We want the player to use your animations no matter the game EP that the player has.

A solution that can be found in EP6 is the HotTubSleekSopSimple. This one has parent class the HotTub4Seated and maybe it might stands alone.

Test it and if it works for you, inform the players to install EP6 (The Sims 3 Showtime).   

I have every EP and some store content. In my game 'HotTubGrotto' and 'HotTub4Seated' works as it should on every hottub I have in game. 
I have not tested with Passion, but I think it will also work with Passion, right? 

38 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

I have every EP and some store content. In my game 'HotTubGrotto' and 'HotTub4Seated' works as it should on every hottub I have in game. 
I have not tested with Passion, but I think it will also work with Passion, right? 

Yes, both of them load in passion and they defiantly work. HotTubSleekSopSimple is this below..

Untitled.png