Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Is it me or has the "manipulate devices" feature been removed?

The weird thing is that it worked for me in beta 1, but now, even if I disable the beta 3 update and all mods but DDs and their requirements (always on a new character), that option doesn't appear anymore.

8 minutes ago, Racoonity said:

The weird thing is that it worked for me in beta 1, but now, even if I disable the beta 3 update and all mods but DDs and their requirements (always on a new character), that option doesn't appear anymore.

No, but it's an optional feature now that defaults to disabled. You have to enabled it in MCM.

9 minutes ago, Racoonity said:

I found the answer: both.

A new toggleable option for that has been added in mcm, and I was dumb enough not to see it... ?

40 minutes ago, Kimy said:

No, but it's an optional feature now that defaults to disabled. You have to enabled it in MCM.

I personally prefer it disabled, but I think if you wish to avoid 1000 questions of "why did you remove dis"? You might wish to change the default to "on" because that is what the people who can't read will count on XD

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

@osmelmc (summon sexlab deity)

I noticed this too. Sexlab Mouth movement from voice/expression is interfering with "gagged" state. Maybe there could be a Sexlab Check scanning for Zap and DD gags to prevent mouth movement in that case? 

At least to me it sounds more reasonable to fix it from Sexlab side.

Interesting I don't think on that probably because I hated the Gags and is the first I remove... I can easily do something like that after all I already detect the prevent oral tag just need to force the open mouth on all the stages. I can't prevent the mouth movement because I noticed that every time the expression is updated the open mouth move a bit but can force the open mouth.

Edited: Done already.

Also I check if original SexLab allow @Kimy to do something from the DDi scripts and apparently have none way because the SetExpression() function don't allow to be used to remove the Expression and try to force the open mouth from external scripts is waist of time because on each OnUpdate() Event the expression is refreshed and turned back to the Animation setting. So the only way is modify the sslActorAlias like I did.

I don't think @Ashal include the DD keywords detection on SexLab even if update SexLab with some of my fixes but hope is the last thing lost.

10 hours ago, Kimy said:

I wouldn't remotely know how to do that and what kind of resources would be required. Since the DD team these days consists of me...and...well...me, and I have zero clue about these things, there is nobody that can and wants to tackle an endeavor like that, particularly not if it (presumably) involves touching every single model in DD. Generally, my stance regarding supporting new body mods other than CBBE and UUNP is that it's not going to happen unless there are dramatic changes in the popularity of body mods. I don't know the current situation, particularly not SE-side (I have no SE installation), but unless a new body took over at least 1/3 of the market, I'd not even think about supporting it.

Fair enough. As far as i'm aware, the only thing using both nio and morphs in LE is SLIF, so that's kinda what I was thinking of. We've got a handle on how to fix the model / bodyslide files for the new bodies. I'll think about other ways around this, but for now I'll just continue with nio won't work for those new bodies and morphs aren't supported.

The downloads for the new bodies aren't close to CBBE SE or UNP, so no need to worry about supporting them yet.

Thanks for letting me know :)

I have a small request. If it's not to much work, can you change the Rubber Socks so that the Caracter won't fall over. I meant its understandable with the Heeled boots but seems a bit silly with the Socks. 

And while im here, I also have some questions. Im currently looking at the keywords for the Plugs and would like to know what is the difference between zad_EffectVibrateOnSpellCast and zad_EffectTrainOnSpellCast. 

Also, what is the zad_EffectRemote supposed to do its the only one of the Effect modifiers that is unexplained. 

Also, I remember in the DD4 Beta I think it was. There was a Leash plug, and did the Code for that also get removed? Since the item is also not present anymore? 

33 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Oh, you mean the trip over heels event? Yeah, I can do that. That is indeed silly...

Thanks so much. 

21 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I think the "train" keyword was used for the old DD demo quest. And the leash code was experimental. I can't remember me actively deleting the code, but maybe I did. :D

Hmm, I will look around. I could really use a leash function right now.  

Thanks for helping.  

@Kimy I found an additional complication with outfits. It seems that Actor.SetOutfit does not modify the outfit of the actor (instance). It actually changes the outfit of the actor base. Steps to reproduce with the console:

1. Spawn a non-unique actor, for example a female redguard bandit: player.placeatme 3DE53 1
  2. Select the bandit and do: openactorcontainer 1
  3. Equip a device that triggers the outfit change, for example armbinder or shackles
  4. Wait until DD has set the outfit of the bandit (the armor of the bandit will disappear)
  5. Spawn a second bandit using exactly the same command as the one used in step 1

Result: The second bandit spawns without armor.

This means that the danger of negative effects is quite a bit larger. For example if somebody builds a mod like the old "DD for the masses", some bandits might permanently spawn without armor in the future, even after disabling the mod!

If you still want to keep the outfit management code, I would suggest adding a mechanism that allows other mods to opt out to improve compatibility. My proposal would be to add a special faction (something like zadDisableOutfitOverrideFaction). Then test if the actor is member of the faction in zadEquipScript; if yes do not modify their outfit. Using a faction has the advantage that it can be set either in .esp or in papyrus, so it can be done either as a hard dependency or as a soft dependency.

25 minutes ago, Kharos said:

@Kimy I found an additional complication with outfits. It seems that Actor.SetOutfit does not modify the outfit of the actor (instance). It actually changes the outfit of the actor base. Steps to reproduce with the console:

1. Spawn a non-unique actor, for example a female redguard bandit: player.placeatme 3DE53 1
  2. Select the bandit and do: openactorcontainer 1
  3. Equip a device that triggers the outfit change, for example armbinder or shackles
  4. Wait until DD has set the outfit of the bandit (the armor of the bandit will disappear)
  5. Spawn a second bandit using exactly the same command as the one used in step 1

Result: The second bandit spawns without armor.

This means that the danger of negative effects is quite a bit larger. For example if somebody builds a mod like the old "DD for the masses", some bandits might permanently spawn without armor in the future, even after disabling the mod!

If you still want to keep the outfit management code, I would suggest adding a mechanism that allows other mods to opt out to improve compatibility. My proposal would be to add a special faction (something like zadDisableOutfitOverrideFaction). Then test if the actor is member of the faction in zadEquipScript; if yes do not modify their outfit. Using a faction has the advantage that it can be set either in .esp or in papyrus, so it can be done either as a hard dependency or as a soft dependency.

Not wanting to confuse matters, but my recollections are that there was some problem with PAHE and recurrent 'naked bandits' which, if this EarlyOnsetAlzhthingy hasn't left me totally addled, was also related to outfit management.

@CliftonJD will know if that was related to this / may have had a fix

1 minute ago, donkeywho said:

Not wanting to confuse matters, but my recollections are that there was some problem with PAHE and recurrent 'naked bandits' which, if this EarlyOnsetAlzhthingy hasn't left me totally addled, was also related to outfit management.

@CliftonJD will know if that was related to this / may have had a fix

Exactly, actually that bug gave me the inspiration of trying out the steps above.

Huh? Now that is surprising, given that the code is clearly operating on the Actor, not the ActorBase. oO

if akActor != libs.PlayerRef && (akActor.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousSuit) || akActor.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHeavyBondage))
    akActor.SetOutfit(libs.zadEmptyOutfit, false)
endIf

Another engine f-up?

4 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Huh? Now that is surprising, given that the code is clearly operating on the Actor, not the ActorBase. oO

if akActor != libs.PlayerRef && (akActor.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousSuit) || akActor.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHeavyBondage))
    akActor.SetOutfit(libs.zadEmptyOutfit, false)
endIf

Another engine f-up?

I don't think its an "engine f-up" (well, the whole outfit system is a huge f-up, but this is ...not a bug).
Afaik this was ALWAYS actor base function, you can call it on the actor, but it operates on the base.

Oh well.... I guess I can work around this by making the outfit changes only on unique actors? This would still catch most applications of devices on NPCs, as the most common use case is followers and the town population.

Aaaanyway, in the meantime I have a new build:

Devious Devices 5 Beta 4

- Added: A new MCM toggle allows the user to lock out the MCM difficulty settings while wearing restraints. This is to allow for a more hardcore experience.
- Changed: Rubber socks no longer make you trip over your heels...
- Changed: The DD animation filter can no longer be disabled, as it is essential for ensuring the game using correct animations for bound characters. Players who do not want to watch DD's limited choice of bound animations can still uncheck "Use Bound Animations" in MCM, which will make DD temporarily hide restraints that would normally require bound animations. In this case, the full selection of registered SLAL animations will be used. Restraints preventing certain kinds of intercourse (belts, gags, bras etc.) will still be respected.
- Fixed: Another issue with resetting outfits. Also, the code performing outfit changes now applies them only when really needed.
- Fixed: DDX corsets no longer block the belt slot.

Devious Devices 5 LE Beta 1 To Beta 4.7z

Link to the Beta 1 release:

https://mega.nz/file/eMEWRbJQ#YALWLvOcPo6PlgIgcLYnQdv2M86RsZTsc1WR31u49zc

2 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Aaaanyway, in the meantime I have a new build:

Devious Devices 5 Beta 4

- Added: A new MCM toggle allows the user to lock out the MCM difficulty settings while wearing restraints. This is to allow for a more hardcore experience.
- Changed: Rubber socks no longer make you trip over your heels...
- Changed: The DD animation filter can no longer be disabled, as it is essential for ensuring the game using correct animations for bound characters. Players who do not want to watch DD's limited choice of bound animations can still uncheck "Use Bound Animations" in MCM, which will make DD temporarily hide restraints that would normally require bound animations. In this case, the full selection of registered SLAL animations will be used. Restraints preventing certain kinds of intercourse (belts, gags, bras etc.) will still be respected.
- Fixed: Another issue with resetting outfits. Also, the code performing outfit changes now applies them only when really needed.
- Fixed: DDX corsets no longer block the belt slot.

Devious Devices 5 LE Beta 1 To Beta 4.7z 861.62 kB · 0 downloads

Link to the Beta 1 release:

https://mega.nz/file/eMEWRbJQ#YALWLvOcPo6PlgIgcLYnQdv2M86RsZTsc1WR31u49zc

Is this just one of the 3 Addons or Expansion, Assets and Integration in one ?

1 minute ago, AkiKay said:

Is this just one of the 3 Addons or Expansion, Assets and Integration in one ?

DD5 is an All-in-One downloader now. I will no longer ship separate releases. Likewise, all beta releases also are for all of DD.

25 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I don't see a difference in-game... actually the zadEquipScript.psc looks like the one in Beta 3, and its file date (and the file date of the .pex) is Wednesday. Did you include an old version of that file, or am I doing something wrong?