Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

4 hours ago, osmelmc said:

That's "SexLab Utility Plus" issue because the filters are too many for the way that are applied and tends to fail. I'm working on the new filter system more accurate and faster thanks to one conversation between @Kimy and @Nymra were I don't take part but read carefully. Until now the new filter system seems to be working very good but need more test to be sure.

DDi is not made to detect the Bound Animations registered on SexLab and that's why don't try to prevent them for be played. In fact (coding speaking) for DDi the only Bound Animations are the ones added by the same DDi and those are added in a way that only are used if someone specific call for them using the names (good trick by the way) and the only Mods making use of those Animations are DD Mods for that reason don't try to detect the Bound Animations

Does it make sense sexlab utility plus is responsible even if I used DD filters and your filters were off?

Just checking if I understand correctly: Is it caused because we register the DD animations to appear in SLATE and be recognized like normal animations?

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

The second is not really a bug, as the code is doing what it's meant to do. It's more a design problem. I might need to fix this in DCL rather than DD, as it's the "remove belt" causing these "infinite timer resets" I will think of something!

Makes sense. Just need a bit of a clarification on that: Is there a way to know in advance before equipping a device if it will have a timer or not? Is it per device or just a random chance? I think we might want it a bit more controllable, or I would get really hesistant to ever lock myself XD

Concerning new MCM toggle to enable lock manipulation. I think the info text should mention that this works on generic devices only. Devices added by other mods may or may not respect that toggle. I had to check the code to confirm that. Users might get confused when that toggle doesn't work with custom or quest devices.

34 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Just checking if I understand correctly: Is it caused because we register the DD animations to appear in SLATE and be recognized like normal animations?

If you have registered the DD anims into the normal register, then yes it can end up getting used like normal animations... That's the exact reason DD does not register them itself.

11 minutes ago, dnoah said:

Concerning new MCM toggle to enable lock manipulation. I think the info text should mention that this works on generic devices only. Devices added by other mods may or may not respect that toggle. I had to check the code to confirm that. Users might get confused when that toggle doesn't work with custom or quest devices.

I'd assume the "enable lock manipulation" would only effect devices that don't disallow it themselves.

2 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

That's right mostly but remember those are not the only Bound Animations so even without that Json file for SLAL some other Bound Animation can be played on normal situations if the SexLab filters are disabled.

Generally, for the beta phase I'd think reports would be more productive if testers would NOT run the DD5 beta with 3rd party patches altering its behavior, such as SexLab Utility Plus etc. This doesn't give me the information I need right now, which is if DD5's built-in features are working.

Thanks for understanding.

6 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

I'd assume the "enable lock manipulation" would only effect devices that don't disallow it themselves.

Yes, it is supposed to work only for devices allowed to have their locks manipulated.

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

Generally, for the beta phase I'd think reports would be more productive if testers would NOT run the DD5 beta with 3rd party patches altering its behavior, such as SexLab Utility Plus etc. This doesn't give me the information I need right now, which is if DD5's built-in features are working.

Thanks for understanding.

Good point. I ran the game without sexlab utility plus and this time didn't get any DD animation when it was uncalled for.

However I can't say for 100% the bug is gone yet. After all there are just tons of animations and it might not have been picked XD

2 hours ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

Not a bugreport, but a little wish, as there is a big update. Maybe the crawl speed for the petsuits can be altered up a little. I know its to slow you down, but it allways looks (and moves) like slowmotion.

Good point. Last time I was in a pet suit, someone equipped DD boots on me - and I went even slower. Shouldn't happen, because my heels weren't even close to the floor.

As we're talking about speeds, does the speed change if I choose "bunny hopping" instead of the other?

Or is it just an animation replacement?

(Asking before reinstalling)

44 minutes ago, Racoonity said:

As we're talking about speeds, does the speed change if I choose "bunny hopping" instead of the other?

Or is it just an animation replacement?

(Asking before reinstalling)

The speed is controlled by an MCM setting, regardless of the animation of your choice.

Bunny hopping will look very wierd if you are slow, and the default will look very weird if you are fast.
Default looks better the bunny if you don't alter your speed.

18 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

The speed is controlled by an MCM setting, regardless of the animation of your choice.

Bunny hopping will look very wierd if you are slow, and the default will look very weird if you are fast.
Default looks better the bunny if you don't alter your speed.

I always thought it would be good to have a sorta hybrid option. Normal "waddling" would be the default, but maybe you can use the run option to change to a faster moving bunny hop which drains your stamina quickly. It would be a helpful way to get to your destination a little quicker at least.

Also in regards to the petsuit, I noted in a different thread that if you wear the shock boots while wearing the pet suit, the boots will always punish you anytime you try to walk. I was told it was not a bug, but I'm not 100% convinced it should be that way.

3 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Good point. I ran the game without sexlab utility plus and this time didn't get any DD animation when it was uncalled for.

However I can't say for 100% the bug is gone yet. After all there are just tons of animations and it might not have been picked XD

its not a "bug" its intended behaviour. 

You can try this:

- go into SLAL

- search for "Devious Devices" 
- "unregister all"
- "Rebuild Animation registry"

in theory this should prevent DD animations from beeing called from Sexlab. So this should only call them from DD mod. 
so it should not be necessary to uninstall Sexlab Utility Plus. 

On 9/29/2020 at 2:59 PM, zarantha said:

Kimy, before I start playing around with converting to SE, were there any changes to the dll between 4.3 and 5?

This will be just for me (and pfiffy if he wants it) until you're ready to take it out of beta. Trying to see how much extra work you added :D

No, the DLL is untouched.

5 hours ago, Nymra said:

its not a "bug" its intended behaviour.

Indeed.

Preventing unfitting animations from getting used in situations when they shouldn't is why I wrote the DD animation handler in the first place. It's too funny when people then use patches to circumvent the exact mechanism I wrote to ensure that only fitting animations are getting used - and then think the misfit animations they are seeing as a consequence of using that patch is a "bug". ?

I don't know if this has been posted yet but: The 'Black ebonite straightjacket dress' is not equipable, in the sense that it does not "materialize" there is no pop-up about putting it on, but if i check my inventory then there is the small "mark" that tells you that it is indeed equipped, even though it's most definatly not, i'm using the one straight from the additem menu btw.

On 9/29/2020 at 6:36 AM, Kimy said:

Here is the download link:

https://mega.nz/file/eMEWRbJQ#YALWLvOcPo6PlgIgcLYnQdv2M86RsZTsc1WR31u49zc

Have fun testing!

? I'm a bit lost in here.

Is this post from the 29th pointing to the most current package ?

@Kimy I don't know how many beta packages will come along the way, but it could be convinient if you update the first post in the thread and point it to the right file?

5 minutes ago, Kimy said:

That link is still the most current one. I will probably compile a new build early next week! :)

since I don't remember seeing a reply about it, will this also be likely to include anything for the dampen controls when npcs use hobble dresses issue?

mainly wondering if it was seen, or got lost in the number of posts in a short period at the time.

2 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

since I don't remember seeing a reply about it, will this also be likely to include anything for the dampen controls when npcs use hobble dresses issue?

mainly wondering if it was seen, or got lost in the number of posts in a short period at the time.

I have seen that report. And I will have a look at it and the fix suggested. :)