Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

On 10/19/2020 at 8:16 PM, Kimy said:

- Fixed: The outfit swapping feature had a missing check for unique actors added. It also doesn't reset the outfit anymore when another class of devices still mandates the "naked" outfit.

Hi @Kimy

I am proposing three additional code changes:

1. Enhancement: Only store the original outfit if it is not None and (important when wearing catsuit with heavy bondage!) not zadEmptyOutfit
  2. Bugfix: Store the outfit for the actor base, not the actor, as you are retrieving it for the actor base.
  3. Enhancement: Also restore the outfit in the OnContainerChanged branch for devices that have no key.

I am attaching an edited copy of zadEquipScript.psc for you to review and potentially merge.

Cheers ?

zadEquipScript.psc

1 hour ago, LazyBoot said:

I still get the anim filter issue, even on a minimal modlist and new save.

Still no Papyrus log? Listen, I believe you about an issue. Personally, I too have a problem with filter in my game. But, without looking at other people logs I can't say if it is a problem with filter (and try to find a fix) or it is a problem with my setup (which can't be ruled out, especially with beta - maybe some mods that were compatible before, suddenly aren't now). So, please, post a log.

11 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

I still get the anim filter issue, even on a minimal modlist and new save.

Hm. @Kimy - does AnimFilter even work at all? Because I don't see OnAnimationStart log record from ZadBQ00, either in @LazyBoot log, or in my game. My guess is, something is wrong with event hooking? Log fragment in spoiler.

Spoiler

[10/22/2020 - 05:39:34AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook - AnimationStart
[10/22/2020 - 05:39:34AM] [Zad]: SL scene started: Checking for gagged voices
[10/22/2020 - 05:39:34AM] [Zad]: Saadia is not gagged.
[10/22/2020 - 05:39:34AM] [Zad]: Prisoner is not gagged.
[10/22/2020 - 05:39:34AM] [DCUR] Public Indecency not allowed to trigger. Reason: Not in City or not outdoors.
[10/22/2020 - 05:39:34AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] SyncDone(startUp) - Lag Timer: 9.633003

It is strange that gagged voices OnAnimationStart is run, but not ZadBQ00 one.

I've tried a few different fixes, and found this:

1. It isn't a conflict with gagged voices, either with "UnregisterForAllModevents" or with a similar named function.

2. Moving Rehook() function down within Maintenance and adding Utility.Wait(5.0) didn't help in my case. Maybe too small wait time?

3. Adding MCM option to manually call Rehook() actually worked, and filter was called.

It really is very strange. "Rehooking Mod Events"  is present on every game load, but - it doesn't actually register?.. Does it ever work for anybody?

EDIT. In UnEvenSteven log a few posts later there also isn't an OnAnimationStart log record. It makes 3 cases with broken hook.

On a totally unrelated note.

1. In zadEquipScript, event OnContainerChanged, fragment

; Does the player have the right key?
if deviceKey && libs.PlayerRef.GetItemCount(deviceKey) >= 1

shouldn't there be NumberOfKeysNeeded instead of 1? Because later, if keys must be consumed, we remove exactly NumberOfKeysNeeded from player.

2. In the same script, in event OnEquipped, when equipping Heavy Bondage on NPC, is UpdateWeight(0) introduced in DD5? It's just my guess on the source of fun interaction between DD5 and DCL: when fighting with Dollmaker sword, it applies restraints "on the fly" - sometimes literally, as enemies are ragdolled. And when restraint is HeavyBondage one it causes them to actually take flight (when indoors, they can drop on the ceiling, when outdoors - they can fly away). Or maybe just my setup is glitchy ?

2 hours ago, DeWired said:

shouldn't there be NumberOfKeysNeeded instead of 1? Because later, if keys must be consumed, we remove exactly NumberOfKeysNeeded from player.

2. In the same script, in event OnEquipped, when equipping Heavy Bondage on NPC, is UpdateWeight(0) introduced in DD5? It's just my guess on the source of fun interaction between DD5 and DCL: when fighting with Dollmaker sword, it applies restraints "on the fly" - sometimes literally, as enemies are ragdolled. And when restraint is HeavyBondage one it causes them to actually take flight (when indoors, they can drop on the ceiling, when outdoors - they can fly away). Or maybe just my setup is glitchy ?

Flying NPCs

I appreciate that this is possibly tangential, but I find the moonwalking / flying NPC one of the most irritating piece of unsolved weirdness in Skyrim's mechanics, and it's interesting you have it. 

It seems to be related to ragdolls and I can see it on NPC deaths, and application paralysis.  Oddly a game will run for ages with no problems, but after the first appearance, it seems to then re-occur.  It seems to be a vanilla game issue but it's interesting to see it occur in SL modded games

Forgive me if I'm just STBO, but on death, some NPCs will die, and rise up to mid air on death.  Some will zoom up, do a sharp turn and hover.  If you haven't tried it, run FRAPS and when its happened, then start taking a video and, assuming you have the game running at 60fps and FRAPS about half that, you can watch the NPC float back down to earth as your game framerate decreases from 60fps to the 25 or 30fps you set in FRAPS.  LOL   Changing the video card settings doesn't seem to really cure the problem either

On paralysis - say you're using PAHE HSH and you hit an NPC indoors with a low damage weapon poisoned with paralysis effect, they can go rock hard, rise to the ceiling and moonwalk while on a horizontal plane LOL.  You get weirdness when trying to use the Havoc chains in HSH, use of which is dependent on the NPC being ragdolled.   They can sort of be made to work, but not quite as they're supposed to 

In case it helps at all,

- in my current game, I removed DD4.1 from an NPC lying dead at the side of the path the other day, and they then started to float/moonwalk.  First I have seen it this game  Pics attached show active effects etc

- I killed another in Slaverun Reloaded not long afterwards and he started to float too.  Pics attached show active effects etc

If you have any idea what causes this/there's any connecting factor that immediately meets the eye/have any clue as to how to fix those,  some of us would be very glad to know what that might be ?  

Spoiler

TESV 2020-10-19 15-27-17-00.jpgTESV 2020-10-19 15-26-48-04.jpgTESV 2020-10-19 15-27-30-60.jpgTESV 2020-10-19 15-27-36-51.jpgTESV 2020-10-19 15-28-32-20.jpgTESV 2020-10-21 12-14-07-86.jpgTESV 2020-10-21 12-15-18-01.jpg

Spoiler

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

If you have any idea what causes this/there's any connecting factor that immediately meets the eye/have any clue as to how to fix those,  some of us would be very glad to know what that might be ?  

As I've read it - it is indeed a vanilla glitch - namely, Havok running amok. There are two parts - one, Havok engine is fps dependent, and on more powerful PC can become unstable. And second - editing havok-driven object is almost guaranteed to glitch. And UpdateWeight function has a documented problem with mounted actors - who, I guess, are havok-driven. I just learned about this problem today, I hadn't it on previous setup on the same PC. Only differences are complete reinstall of Skyrim mostly using Conglomerate guide by donttouchmethere (probably increasing FPS) and DD5 instead of DD4.3. As I understand it, this can be either avoided by careful coding (not applying changes while actor is ragdolling, for example), or by FPS limiting. Will try second option, and post about results ?

That said - I hadn't actually encountered problems with already dead bodies, when restraints are taken - nothing changes. If they were lying - they lie still, if they were floating - they still float.  It seems, something else might be at work. Maybe something like HDT-affected body parts... Hmm. Well - I don't think this a DD problem, so we probably need to find some other thread to discuss and diagnose this ?

3 hours ago, DeWired said:

As I've read it - it is indeed a vanilla glitch - namely, Havok running amok. There are two parts - one, Havok engine is fps dependent, and on more powerful PC can become unstable. And second - editing havok-driven object is almost guaranteed to glitch. And UpdateWeight function has a documented problem with mounted actors - who, I guess, are havok-driven. I just learned about this problem today, I hadn't it on previous setup on the same PC. Only differences are complete reinstall of Skyrim mostly using Conglomerate guide by donttouchmethere (probably increasing FPS) and DD5 instead of DD4.3. As I understand it, this can be either avoided by careful coding (not applying changes while actor is ragdolling, for example), or by FPS limiting. Will try second option, and post about results ?

That said - I hadn't actually encountered problems with already dead bodies, when restraints are taken - nothing changes. If they were lying - they lie still, if they were floating - they still float.  It seems, something else might be at work. Maybe something like HDT-affected body parts... Hmm. Well - I don't think this a DD problem, so we probably need to find some other thread to discuss and diagnose this ?

Fine. 

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't really want to impinge on kimy's thread ?,  but given the co-incidental linkage here, I wondered if anyone else had any idea too. As far as my levitating corpse is concerned, maybe it was floating to start with, and just rose further as I removed the DDs - there's a laugh every minute in this game

Interestingly, I think that what you talk about is what HSH does, ie applies changes (adds chains to NPC) while the NPC is ragdolled.  I couldn't write the code, but the source is there and shows enough to indicate the logic of how it works    Strangely, tho, I had earlier games - from some time ago, and unfortunately all long gone - where it all worked perfectly

Might have been better to reply by DM, on reflection.  If you do see anything useful anywhere that I could try out, please feel free to DM me, unless you feel like it merits a thread on its own. 

Warning, I'm just a connection making punter, not a techie LOL

Found the animation filter issue. That was a funny bug. It was caused by the new gagged voices script, which I attached to the same quest the filter script is on. And then I made the mistake to call UnregisterForAllModEvents() from the gag script before registering its events. Since it's on the same form as the filter, it unregistered the filter events while doing so, without re-registering them.

Derp!

9 hours ago, DeWired said:

You're right! It should! Changed it! :)

9 hours ago, DeWired said:

This could be. I didn't test it with that feature. Can this be reproduced, or was it a one-time glitch?

Devious Devices 5 Beta 8

- Fixed: The animation filter works again!
- Fixed: A mismatching MCM page name has been corrected, making the animation settings display again.
- Fixed: The outfit swapping code will not store the outfit if it was already set to zadEmptyOutfit.    
- Fixed: The outfit will also be correctly reset when a device having no key is removed from an NPC.

Devious Devices 5 LE Beta 1 To Beta 8.7z

Here is the download link for the Beta 1 release:

https://mega.nz/file/eMEWRbJQ#YALWLvOcPo6PlgIgcLYnQdv2M86RsZTsc1WR31u49zc

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

This could be. I didn't test it with that feature. Can this be reproduced, or was it a one-time glitch?

Well, so far, it happens every time Dollmaker makes enemy surrender and equips heavy bondage. It doesn't happen when heavy bondage is applied to already surrendered enemy through dialogue. And it doesn't happen when just normal items are applied - though, maybe in this case enemies just recover from flight when reentering combat. Tried "Havok fix" and fps limiting - didn't help, either I did it wrong, or it actually isn't relevant. It certainly needs more testing - but I deem it as an edge case, that happens with one weapon from one mod - and not a mod that we test right now ? So, it would probably go as a bug for DCL - and even then, I'm not sure it isn't linked to weapon type - maybe switching Dollmaker to short sword can mitigate a problem.

The Sex Animation Filter menu is still blank for me, this is on a new game with the recent Beta 8. I even tried saving, exiting the game, restarting the game and loading the save to see if the menu would appear but it was still blank.

However the animation filter does appear to be working again. Quick testing with Match Maker I checked Arm/Elbowbinders, Yokes, Pet Suit, Cuffs and Prisoner Chains a few times each. All seemed to be selecting appropriate bound sex animations. Only oddity was still getting bound oral animations while my character was wearing a ball gag but her other two holes were accessible (no belt).

14 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

However the animation filter does appear to be working again. Quick testing with Match Maker I checked Arm/Elbowbinders, Yokes, Pet Suit, Cuffs and Prisoner Chains a few times each. All seemed to be selecting appropriate bound sex animations. Only oddity was still getting bound oral animations while my character was wearing a ball gag but her other two holes were accessible (no belt).

Some Gags like those used on the Prison or those from Sanguine's Debauchery and some other Mods are made to allow Oral even if don't looks like.

21 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

The Sex Animation Filter menu is still blank for me, this is on a new game with the recent Beta 8. I even tried saving, exiting the game, restarting the game and loading the save to see if the menu would appear but it was still blank.

The file for the config script in the beta 8 package is dated last friday... Maybe @Kimy included the wrong version of the file?

19 hours ago, DeWired said:

Well, so far, it happens every time Dollmaker makes enemy surrender and equips heavy bondage. It doesn't happen when heavy bondage is applied to already surrendered enemy through dialogue. And it doesn't happen when just normal items are applied - though, maybe in this case enemies just recover from flight when reentering combat. Tried "Havok fix" and fps limiting - didn't help, either I did it wrong, or it actually isn't relevant. It certainly needs more testing - but I deem it as an edge case, that happens with one weapon from one mod - and not a mod that we test right now ? So, it would probably go as a bug for DCL - and even then, I'm not sure it isn't linked to weapon type - maybe switching Dollmaker to short sword can mitigate a problem.

Yeah, I will put it on DCL's bug list. Good find, though! :)

EDIT: Nevermind. I don't think I can fix this on DCL's end. But I guess checking for whether or not a NPC is in combat before calling UpdateWeight() would solve the problem just nicely, and not just for DCL.

Kimy,

are there any plans to seperate the Bodyslide files from the main install files at all ? i mean DD supports, umm UNP, CBBE, 3BBB, and not sure what else (Bhump, 7B maybe ?) it would be probably better to have people pick the bodyslide files they want rather than downloading everything in one shot, and possibly make it easier for you to set up the main archives when the time comes, would it not ?

and DDEquip, will it be redundant or for those of us who like the textures, still be useful with DD5 ?

and umm, one last thing.. i'm a bit embarrassed to ask to be honest, but i've struggled for 2 days now and so i swallowed a bit of pride and decided to ask here for a bit of help, from anyone really. would you or someone mind posting a screenshot of the DD5 MCM menu please ? (not all the individual menus, just the menu showing the sub-menu titles).

reason i ask is.. well i'm not young, and my mind sometimes goes. and you know those moments when you're thinking of something that you know is important, and you get like a half-second distraction and then you're like "wtf was i just thinking about" ? yeah.. that was 2 days ago now.. so if someone could post that screen, it would help me remember i hope. and i thank you ahead of time.