Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

13 hours ago, Kimy said:

Aaaanyway, in the meantime I have a new build:

Devious Devices 5 Beta 4

- Added: A new MCM toggle allows the user to lock out the MCM difficulty settings while wearing restraints. This is to allow for a more hardcore experience.
- Changed: Rubber socks no longer make you trip over your heels...
- Changed: The DD animation filter can no longer be disabled, as it is essential for ensuring the game using correct animations for bound characters. Players who do not want to watch DD's limited choice of bound animations can still uncheck "Use Bound Animations" in MCM, which will make DD temporarily hide restraints that would normally require bound animations. In this case, the full selection of registered SLAL animations will be used. Restraints preventing certain kinds of intercourse (belts, gags, bras etc.) will still be respected.
- Fixed: Another issue with resetting outfits. Also, the code performing outfit changes now applies them only when really needed.
- Fixed: DDX corsets no longer block the belt slot.

Devious Devices 5 LE Beta 1 To Beta 4.7z 861.62 kB · 40 downloads

Link to the Beta 1 release:

https://mega.nz/file/eMEWRbJQ#YALWLvOcPo6PlgIgcLYnQdv2M86RsZTsc1WR31u49zc

Some time ago, there was a suggestion of MCM save/load option. So... I have an experimental implementation, made against DD5Beta4. Requires PapyrusUtil (just as DCL), is based on DCL code.

DD config saveload 5b4.rar

On 10/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, donkeywho said:

Not wanting to confuse matters, but my recollections are that there was some problem with PAHE and recurrent 'naked bandits' which, if this EarlyOnsetAlzhthingy hasn't left me totally addled, was also related to outfit management.

@CliftonJD will know if that was related to this / may have had a fix

On 10/9/2020 at 2:48 PM, Kharos said:

Exactly, actually that bug gave me the inspiration of trying out the steps above.

On 10/9/2020 at 2:49 PM, Kimy said:

Huh? Now that is surprising, given that the code is clearly operating on the Actor, not the ActorBase. oO

if akActor != libs.PlayerRef && (akActor.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousSuit) || akActor.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousHeavyBondage))
    akActor.SetOutfit(libs.zadEmptyOutfit, false)
endIf

Another engine f-up?

On 10/9/2020 at 2:55 PM, Roggvir said:

I don't think its an "engine f-up" (well, the whole outfit system is a huge f-up, but this is ...not a bug).
Afaik this was ALWAYS actor base function, you can call it on the actor, but it operates on the base.

On 10/9/2020 at 3:10 PM, Kimy said:

Probably ignore the outfit fix in above build. It won't fix the new issue reported on this page... :S

the naked bandit bug refered to above does stem from the pah naked outfit used on bandit slaves and it has included dd items added to the slave. 1 of the experiments i tried changing the script to apply the outfit to the actor reference instead of directly attached to the actor that then ties into the base. the result made the outfit reset to the base on cell change. not an adequate solution for long term slaves, but it might work for dd if you have some testers to see if the next spawn of the bandit retains the original outfit

@1339378915 I'm not experiencing the same as you with Beta 4. I just tested all corsets and chastity belts from Integration and Expansion and I didn't have any problem either not showing when worn together. It also didn't matter if my character was wearing a corset or belt first when locking the other device on, both would always show together.

Check your Device Hider settings for any potential conflict. Are you testing these devices on an existing game? If so try starting a new game, adding the devices and trying them again. Also make sure you properly updated to Beta 4, maybe try to manually install the update files instead of using a mod organizer to do so if that's the case.

@Kimy I know we are during testing but still wanted to say this just in case I forgot, have you ever thought about adding more color variants for big ball gag and maybe add big ring gag? Pretty sure big ball gag has become a favorite for many people also modders like to add it to their quest mods, shame these is only 1 color :(  

A couple of possible glitches to note that are not related to the new version, but I'm not sure if they were known.

When you are wearing a heavy yoke and ask an NPC for help, the game checks if you have a hand restraints key to open it. If you get the help from the NPC it does not remove the hand restraints key from your inventory. Also with the heavy yoke, if you manage to get lucky and unlock it yourself the game will remove 2 standard restraints keys from your inventory instead of the hand restraints key.

Also this may be just me, but I'm not sure. When you wear the rubber hood with the open eyes, your character will open their mouth as if ballgagged and it causes some clipping with the chin at the bottom of the hood. Also (and this is why I consider it might be jsut me) with that same hood there are only a couple of hairstyles that clip through the hood upon a save and reload after equipping it. The initial equip hide the hair fine but reloading the game puts the hair on the character. It only works on a couple of hairstyles. I have 12 characters and only 3 of them have this problem. All 3 have one of the hairstyles from the base game, but not all the base game hairstyles that I have noticed cause the problem. I have attached a screenshot of the hood issues in question that show the chin clipping and the hair. I dont have the tools to create a papyrus log, but if one is needed I will figure it out.

ScreenShot463.png

Hey fellas, since my save got screwed and now i can't use the forge or interact with any crafting table (tried all the answers to fix this but it isn't working)

as i was thinking in starting a new game to help testing this out.

My question is do i have to disable all the other DD mods right? what about cursed loot?
And is there any place where i can find the complete changelog since Beta1?

17 minutes ago, SirCrazy said:

Question: With DD for him included in the framework, does this mean that for DCL the 'Touch of Control' spell will work on male enemies as well? 

Generally, to enable male content DD content mods will have to provide/enable it. DCL is written for female characters from the ground up, but over time, you can expect some of its features also working for males. I might also create male followers you can put in devices etc.

5 hours ago, Mr.Zed said:

Hey fellas, since my save got screwed and now i can't use the forge or interact with any crafting table (tried all the answers to fix this but it isn't working)

as i was thinking in starting a new game to help testing this out.

My question is do i have to disable all the other DD mods right? what about cursed loot?
And is there any place where i can find the complete changelog since Beta1?

You don't have to disable any mod, but you WILL need to start a new game to use the beta.

Devious Devices 5 Beta 5

- Added: The MCM configuration can now be saved, to avoid having to set the values for every new game!
- Changed: The animation filter will now hide any wrist bindings when an animation involves creatures, to allow the filter to select valid animations.
- Fixed: Yet another fix for the NPC outfit swapping feature. It will now work only on unique actors to prevent changing an outfit of all instances of that actor.

Devious Devices 5 LE Beta 1 To Beta 5.7z

Download link for the Beta 1:

https://mega.nz/file/eMEWRbJQ#YALWLvOcPo6PlgIgcLYnQdv2M86RsZTsc1WR31u49zc

For reference, here is the complete changelog so far:

DD5 Beta 4
- Added: A new MCM toggle allows the user to lock out the MCM difficulty settings while wearing restraints. This is to allow for a more hardcore experience.
- Changed: Rubber socks no longer make you trip over your heels...
- Changed: The DD animation filter can no longer be disabled, as it is essential for ensuring the game using correct animations for bound characters. Players who do not want to watch DD's limited choice of bound animations can still uncheck "Use Bound Animations" in MCM, which will make DD temporarily hide restraints that would normally require bound animations. In this case, the full selection of registered SLAL animations will be used. Restraints preventing certain kinds of intercourse (belts, gags, bras etc.) will still be respected.
- Fixed: Another issue with resetting outfits. Also, the code performing outfit changes now applies them only when really needed.
- Fixed: DDX corsets no longer block the belt slot.

DD5 Beta 3
- Added: Mod Events for inflatable plugs. See zadlibs.SendInflationEvent() for details.
- Added: The DD Contraptions NPC furniture interaction hotkey can now be configured in the DD MCM. It still defaults to PgUp.
- Fixed: When the player removes a device from an NPC, their outfit is now getting reset correctly.
- Fixed: Removed a dirty world edit from DDI.

DD5 Beta 2
- Fixed: Straitjackets should now work properly on NPCs (without breaking other stuff).
- Fixed: NPCs wearing hobble skirts no longer affect the player's walking speed.
- Fixed: Chain collars now use the correct DD device slot.

DD 5.0 Beta 1:

- Added: The code handling equipping and unequipping devices has been rewritten. It's many times faster than the old implementation, and its performance isn't adversely affected by large actor inventories. The new API functions for handling items no longer require passing the rendered device or the keyword. This further reduces processing time, as CPU-expensive functions to determine these parameters for a given inventory device no longer have to be performed prior to manipulating devices.
- Added: The DD expansions "For Him" and "Beast Races Refit" (adding DD support for male and beast race characters, respectively) are now an official part of the framework. Installation of these components is optional, but recommended.
- Added: DD now has built-in support for gagged voices. When actors are gagged while having sex, appropriate gagged voices are used. 3rd party mods are no longer required for this feature.
- Added: Over hundred variants of the straitjackets made by Uneven Steven have been added.
- Added: For easy picking of random devices from the DD library, close to a hundred LeveledItem lists have been added and exposed to the API in the new zadDeviceLists script (which is attached to zadxQuest, as only DDX knows all DD devices). The lists are organized in tiers, so it's e.g. possible to pick a leather armbinder, any armbinder, or any type of wrist restraint. This feature is meant to replace the performance-expensive item database.
- Added: MCM toggle for the Manipulate Lock feature. If set to false, players can NOT opt to manipulate the lock of a device they're voluntarily equipping. False is also the default value.
- Added: Manipulated locks have been overhauled. Mods can now determine if a device has its lock manipulated by calling IsLockManipulated(Actor a, Keyword kw). The lock manipulation status can now bet set by calling SetLockManipulated(Actor a, Keyword kw) and SetLockUnManipulated(Actor a, Keyword kw), respectively. This obviously works for the player only, as NPCs cannot wear manipulated devices.
- Added: New API functions: GetWornRenderedDeviceByKeyword(Actor a, Keyword kw) can determine a rendered instance of a device worn in a certain slot without having to know the inventory device. IsGenericDevice(Actor a, Keyword kw) can be used to determine if the item in a given slot is a generic device, NOT tagged with blockgeneric or questitem keywords. Both functions are VERY fast and should be used instead of slower GetRenderedDevice(GetWornDevice()) combos.
- Added: zad_Material_* keywords to indicate the material of a DD device. These keywords can be used for e.g. dialogue purposes or helpful backsmiths etc.
- Added: zad_Property_* keywords can now indicate special traits of a device, such as whether it is painful to wear, or makes a lot of noise.
- Added: Moan sounds have been added to several device events.
- Removed: Code related to the deprecated DD3 escape system.
- Removed: DD Expansion items no longer register to the device database. This is the first step in deprecating and removing this feature. DDA/DDI devices will still get registered for the time being, to allow mods that pull items from the database to continue functioning.
- Changed: Merged an improved version of the animation filter by DeWired
- Changed/Fixed: When a DD animation is started, the code no longer simulates a Forward-key tap to end a possibly enabled auto run. This will fix a CTD commonly experienced by some players, at the expense of the workaround no longer working.
- Fixed: NPCs no longer have their hands clip out of straitjackets and elbowbinders.
- Fixed: When removing devices from an NPC, the code now checks for all wrist restraints, and not just armbinders.
- Fixed: The fix for the gag effect has been fixed.
- Fixed: Timed items now work correctly.
- Fixed: Bound combat perks are no longer removed from an invalid actor (when the perk system is disabled).

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

Devious Devices 5 Beta 5

- Added: The MCM configuration can now be saved, to avoid having to set the values for every new game!
- Changed: The animation filter will now hide any wrist bindings when an animation involves creatures, to allow the filter to select valid animations.
- Fixed: Yet another fix for the NPC outfit swapping feature. It will now work only on unique actors to prevent changing an outfit of all instances of that actor.

There is no unique check for the outfit reset in OnContainerChanged, though I have to admit that I did not test the actual behavior in-game... still, is this on purpose?

[Edit]

Also, reading the code it looks like you set the outfit to  the empty outfit whenever a (suit or heavy bondage) item is added, and you restore it whenever a (suit or heavy bondage) item is removed. I think, the correct logic for restoring it would be whenever a (suit or heavy bondage) item is removed AND no other (suit or heavy bondage) item is worn.

Sorry for being such a pain about that feature... to make up for that, if you want to I volunteer to give a fixed version of that script a private test run in-game if you send it to me, such that you can get feedback without having to zip up another "official" beta.

25 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I suppose this might go down as the feature with the most fixes per line of code in DD. Ok. Errrm... Yeah...I...will...fix it! Again! There is always hope! Yep! *nods head*

How do I say that without being patronising?

I am am experienced software developer (as I guess you are, too), and while I am generally considered to be a good developer who is able to write well working code, sometimes rarely it happens to me that a feature is for a lack of better words "cursed" with bugs and ugly edge cases, and when I fix one issue more pop up, and I feel like I am stuck playing whack-a-mole and I feel stupid for not finding a better solution and generally I just wish that the whole thing would go away.

Anyway, what I want to say: It looks like you really are almost there with the outfit changes despite all the edge cases and unexpected behaviour of the engine. So please keep your head held high and keep up your good work. I have started a new Skyrim character with DD5 last weekend and I have not hit any major issues up to now ?. When I keep bothering you with these small issues I am just doing so because of my 'no bug unfixed' mentality.