1 hour ago, mognoi said:

in Vortex plugins section this mod doesn't have loads archive as a flag, could this be the issue?

I don't think so. That's what it shows when there's a BA2 archive corresponding to the plugin, but TD uses loose files instead so it's correct.

2 hours ago, mognoi said:

Then I'm totally lost, its like the ESM file itself just refuses to work for me, with it the game crashes, without it works fine (even with other mods)

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but have you tried removing the mod completely and downloading a fresh copy and manually installing it? That would... err "should" eliminate the chance of a corrupt file or shenanigans of Vortex.

51 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but have you tried removing the mod completely and downloading a fresh copy and manually installing it? That would... err "should" eliminate the chance of a corrupt file or shenanigans of Vortex.

unfortunately yeah I did, I also tried downloading through a different browser (edge)

edit: OH, I haven't tried manually installing it, I'll try that later and reply back with the results!

Edited by mognoi
8 hours ago, izzyknows said:

It works via manual install, so the problem is on Vortex's end, thank you so much!

1 hour ago, mognoi said:

It works via manual install, so the problem is on Vortex's end, thank you so much!

That's extremely strange. I also install TD with Vortex and haven't seen this particular error condition. Leaves me wondering if Vortex is misconfigured and putting mod files in the wrong place for you.

28 minutes ago, mognoi said:

I can't rule it out, but I did go and mod Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas heavily with Vortex before coming back to this to try and fix the issue I was having, and those two games are working perfectly with a lot of mods

I remember someone mentioning something similar once, where they had reinstalled Fallout 4 to a new location and/or moved an old installation aside, and their launcher was loading a different copy of game files than where Vortex was installing their mods.

I haven't moved any of my games yet on this drive though, not a single time. I'm installing other mods through Vortex for Fallout 4 and the game is still launching just fine, I don't think its because of my Vortex setup, something is causing just this one specific mod to not install properly through Vortex for me. I have the sandbox on, and profiles set to off, hardlink deployment but other than that I couldn't even begin to guess what.

Screenshot 2022-08-28 185329.png

1 hour ago, mognoi said:

I haven't moved any of my games yet on this drive though, not a single time. I'm installing other mods through Vortex for Fallout 4 and the game is still launching just fine, I don't think its because of my Vortex setup, something is causing just this one specific mod to not install properly through Vortex for me. I have the sandbox on, and profiles set to off, hardlink deployment but other than that I couldn't even begin to guess what.

Definitely mysterious. I've also got hardlinks and sandbox enabled. I don't have profiles disabled, but I only have a default profile (I use purge if I need to do/test something without any mods, and then deploy again when done). Currently running 1.6.8 (beta updates set to on).

I came back just to add that I ran into the issue again with a different mod (seemingly random) late into my load order, so I got frustrated and switched to MO2 and now have a fully functional modded Fallout 4 setup. Whatever my issue was, it was Vortex specific and not related to this mod, so apologies for the hassle and thanks for the help

2 hours ago, mognoi said:

I came back just to add that I ran into the issue again with a different mod (seemingly random) late into my load order, so I got frustrated and switched to MO2 and now have a fully functional modded Fallout 4 setup. Whatever my issue was, it was Vortex specific and not related to this mod, so apologies for the hassle and thanks for the help

Crazy.  Thanks for letting us know!

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ivanoff said:

What mods can be used to have the NPC use the devices on the player?

I have had good experiences with SH. However, not all devices seem to be supported and with the crosses in an earlier version there was the problem that in both variants the actress was only tied with her back to the cross. I don't know if that's different in the current version.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, mognoi said:

unfortunately yeah I did, I also tried downloading through a different browser (edge)

edit: OH, I haven't tried manually installing it, I'll try that later and reply back with the results!

I have the same. This happend after i reinstalled windows with new build of windows 11

Edited by deoprad
20 hours ago, deoprad said:

And yeah, i used Vortex. But now, when im using MO2 everything works fine

Interesting, you might be on to something with that because I'm also on a newer build of Windows 11 (beta channel) and had no issues with Vortex on the original release builds. I now use MO2 though like you and I've had no issues since even on the newer Windows builds (22h2).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Been reading through the last few pages trying to diagnose a CTD on startup, can't seem to figure out what's going wrong. I've tried installing the mod manually as Vortex was placing everything outside of the Data folder. Still have the same issue and can only launch the game if I remove all TD related files from the directory. Can anyone advise? Attached crash report.

Crash Report 14/11/2022

19 minutes ago, itsSero said:

Been reading through the last few pages trying to diagnose a CTD on startup, can't seem to figure out what's going wrong. I've tried installing the mod manually as Vortex was placing everything outside of the Data folder. Still have the same issue and can only launch the game if I remove all TD related files from the directory. Can anyone advise? Attached crash report.

Crash Report 14/11/2022

Apologies for the double post, can't seem to edit.

UPDATE: After uninstalling the mod and individually deleting folders from the Data folder, the game finally starts after deleting the AnimTextData folder. Is there a reason why this may be causing an issue?

5 hours ago, itsSero said:

Apologies for the double post, can't seem to edit.

UPDATE: After uninstalling the mod and individually deleting folders from the Data folder, the game finally starts after deleting the AnimTextData folder. Is there a reason why this may be causing an issue?

You have the same crash that another user reported

Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF6632438F0 Fallout4.exe+1B938F0

The crash has something to do with the game failing to access one or more files.  In the other user's case, they were running Vortex on Windows 11, and switching to MO2 solved the problem.

The mod won't work without the AnimTextData folder, it is required for the MT and arm injury animations to work.

Hello all, if the game crashes when you start, try installing AWCR.
I struggled for about two hours. Looked at the logs, even downloaded the Crash log scanner in Python, it, too, turned out to be empty.

Finally decided to download the missing master files for mods that TD depends on, such as DD, which needs AWCR, despite the fact that it runs without.

Looked at the logs, even downloaded the Crash log scanner in Python, it was also empty.

I'm sure I'm not the only lucky one, so try it.

Hugs to the author, the mod is so awesome that I did not give up and found a way to run it, which I advise you)