What's on your mind?

> I hate when I do not see my typing errors, or grammar errors even after several readings. it's even worse when I translate my text into English. It pisses me off when I spot them hours and hours later when I thought I just fixed them all. :classic_angry:

1 hour ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I hate when I do not see my typing errors, or grammar errors even after several readings. it's even worse when I translate my text into English. It pisses me off when I spot them hours and hours later when I thought I just fixed them all. :classic_angry:

+ if the translator also introduces additional errors when switching back and forth between the mother tongue and the foreign language 👻

Typo terror team? 😁

3 hours ago, porkybork said:

Problem players fucking suck, dude. Really solidifies the whole "no D&D is better than bad D&D".

It's even worse when the player is otherwise an OK person. It's easy to tell a shitty player who is also an asshole to shove off.

> Nothing on my body is artificial I have no fake fingernails, eyelashes, hair extensions, boobs, lips, ass, and similar shit. I hate that stuff. The only thing I am willing to make bigger are my boobs, but only if my Prince requested. So, far he likes my cupcake-size boobs. :classic_smile:

> Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire?

giphy.gif?cid=36b14facwuympoyfatvxax5i8l3lt9nknz9lzhd3c7v5ramz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

> But it amused our children, especially our son. He was funny when he asked his tata: " What do you think is stronger, Kong or Hulk? When my Prince answered "Hulk is stronger" he bombed him with dozens of "Why" and "If".:classic_laugh:
37 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> But it amused our children, especially our son. He was funny when he asked his tata: " What do you think is stronger, Kong or Hulk? When my Prince answered "Hulk is stronger" he bombed him with dozens of "Why" and "If".:classic_laugh:

In Secret Wars, The Hulk held up an entire mountain. Did King Kong ever hold up an entire mountain? 'Nuff said!

Edited by branmakmuffin
12 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

giphy.gif?cid=36b14facwuympoyfatvxax5i8l3lt9nknz9lzhd3c7v5ramz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Whoever has the longest running franchise. AKA Superman is broken.

...but rock still beats Superman

22 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

I'm re-reading The Wheel of Time. I have a n e-book which is all 14 novels plus the one novella. My reader estimates it's going to take me 350 hours to read it.

After reading more, my reader was able to get a more accurate estimate. It now estimates about 180 hours.

1 hour ago, Evaloves4 said:

> We watched the first two episodes of the "Fallout" series and we loved it.

It's not bad. Before I started watching, I thought "OK, is it going to be more like The Expanse, or more like The Rings of Power?" Since I think it's not bad, it's closer to The Expanse.

As you sit at your computer, feeling still, or if you feel like your going nowhere...

Whenever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown
And things seem hard or tough
And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft
And you feel that you've had quite enough....

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour
That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
A sun that is the source of all our power
The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see
Are moving at a million miles a day
In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour
Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
It's a hundred thousand light years side to side
It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick
But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide
We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point
We go 'round every two hundred million years
And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know
Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure
How amazingly unlikely is your birth
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth!

Playing a bit of Neverwinter Nights 2, things that grind my gears (in that game and computer games in general).

1. Merchants who innately know items are stolen (e.g., Skyrim; I know there is a perk to get rid of that, but I still don't like it).
  2. "The Universe" knowing you did something bad even when there is no on around to see (e.g., the karma system in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas).
  3. Merchants who will traffic only in certain goods (same Skyrim comment as above).
  4. Any kind of "survival" mode (which I realize is optional).
  5. Any kind of "hardcore" mode (same comment).
  6. Puzzles.
  7. Lack of quest markers and/or journal entries.
  8. Quest mods or modules (always fan-made) about which the author says "Your character is not the center of the universe" (e.g., The Bleachers: A Diamond City Story). I don't play solo computer games to have my character be The Chosen One necessarily, but it's a solo computer game. I do expect my character to be the center of the universe.
  9. Quest mods or modules that make the simple complex (e.g., Skyrim armor mods that are the equivalent of, say, Elven armor, but require expensive and/or hard-to-get ingredients like Daedra hearts, void salts or ebony ingots).
  10. And number one, fuckin' lore dumps. There was a mod for Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines I played back in the day that had a series of screens of an NPC just telling me things. It was super tedious (and there are plenty of Skyrim and Fallout mods that do the same thing, if not to that extent). Some mod authors could benefit from learning how to GM (and I mean doing it well) PnP RPGs because a good GM learns quickly that lore dumps are extremely boring.
12 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Why is this a thing? Who wants that? 🤔

Is it perhaps possible to overthrow the mighty vampire queen with an overdose of cuteness?  ... and is this the beginning of ...

Spoiler

the development of another plan that,

A: won't work &

B: will backfire horribly?
😄 Who knows, time for a war council with my trusted advisors Professor Fate, Dick Dastardly and Muttley ... 😁

> If someone's life collapses and the person is depressed and disappointed in their parents and life because he/she can't have a dog or other pet, then his/her world is built on the send without proper foundations and their parents failed in their upbringing.

Here's a real first-world problem: new drivers are becoming over-reliant on the cameras and sensors in cars. They'll be completely at a loss if they find themselves in a car without these features.

EDIT: And here is something else on my mind. I've watched a fair number of detective shows from Scandinavia and Finland. There are a lot of scenes with houses that have front doors that open out. In the U.S., I have never seen a house with a front door that opens out. At least not that I can recall. Also, in one Finnish show in particular (U.S./U.K. title Bordertown, Finnish title Sorjonen), the decor in pretty much everyone's house is nothing but greys and muted blues.

Edited by branmakmuffin