What's on your mind?

18 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

The years-long drought in the region I live in is over, but that means somewhere else in the world is not getting the rain we are now getting here.

I hope you only get as much rain as you need, floods and inundations are a shitty way to end a long drought

2 minutes ago, chooseChaos said:

I hope you only get as much rain as you need, floods and inundations are a shitty way to end a long drought

Plenty of flooding in the greater Los Angeles area, but not so much where I am (roughly 150 miles from Los Angeles).

I was watching something on YouTube last night while I trying to fall asleep, and about halfway into it I got probably the worst ad ever. It was a 25 minute segment from some church that I’ve never heard of. I didn’t even realize it was a ad until I was already a few minutes in because I was already kinda half-asleep. Thoughts on religion aside, a 25 minute long ad for your thing on any platform is insane.

Like, really? 25 minutes? TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES?! That’s not how you get new converts lol.

6 minutes ago, porkybork said:

I was watching something on YouTube last night while I trying to fall asleep, and about halfway into it I got probably the worst ad ever. It was a 25 minute segment from some church that I’ve never heard of. I didn’t even realize it was a ad until I was already a few minutes in because I was already kinda half-asleep. Thoughts on religion aside, a 25 minute long ad for your thing on any platform is insane.

Like, really? 25 minutes? TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES?! That’s not how you get new converts lol.

Off hand, I can't think of a context in which "Isn't this thing over yet?" reflects positively on the thing. But since this is the internet, someone will come up with something.

Edited by branmakmuffin
13 minutes ago, porkybork said:

Isn't that the good old, if you have no arguments, be persistent method?  😇

55 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

Off hand, I can't think of a context in which "Isn't this thing over yet?" reflects positively on the thing. But since this is the internet, someone will come up with something.

Yup. I'm just glad it was something I could skip, otherwise I'd have probably posted about it in the rant thread lol.

47 minutes ago, chooseChaos said:

They're choosing the wrong guy to pull that shit with lol. Being persistent with me just makes me hate you.

49 minutes ago, chooseChaos said:

There's an old saying in the practice of law: if the facts are on your side but the law isn't, pound the facts; if the law is on your side but the facts aren't pound the law; and if neither is on your side, pound the lectern.

2 hours ago, branmakmuffin said:

When a fellow does not have a face, options for attracting a mate are limited.

There’re so many weird things happening in that image that if it weren’t for the watermark, I’d assume it was made with a generator.

4 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> It is a pretty nasty sight when a man beats a woman, but it is even worse when a woman beats a man.

We talking Chess, Checkers, Russian Roulette? I guess all of them can get ugly especially the last one for some reason. It’s only a shot to the head. Oh walk it off you big baby. Finnneee. We’ll have Doc Mitchell patch you up.

Of course you’re more likely talking about the image a few posts up. I remember listening to a D&D podcast where an orc woman talked about breaking a man’s kneecaps in order to mate with him. With that said I suddenly want to play an orc now.

22 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

We talking Chess, Checkers, Russian Roulette? I guess all of them can get ugly especially the last one for some reason. It’s only a shot to the head. Oh walk it off you big baby. Finnneee. We’ll have Doc Mitchell patch you up.

Of course you’re more likely talking about the image a few posts up. I remember listening to a D&D podcast where an orc woman talked about breaking a man’s kneecaps in order to mate with him. With that said I suddenly want to play an orc now.

> No, I saw a real video clip from Belgrade in which a late middle age woman beats and swears her husband on the street.

3 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> No, I saw a real video clip from Belgrade in which a late middle age woman beats and swears her husband on the street.

How’d you get a video of that?

24 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> YouTube, TikTok ...

Times have certainly changed. It used to be you couldn’t see violence like that outside of seeing it when it happened or maybe plays.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Times have certainly changed. It used to be you couldn’t see violence like that outside of seeing it when it happened or maybe plays.

> I still cannot watch it and I stopped watching it after a few seconds (the video was 2-3 minutes long). I also didn't search for that video, it was shown in the random video group during scrolling.