3 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Jackals. Well, my own preference would have them be of the Anubian variety, i.e tridarkxpraytridark(different image). Good for an alternate version, anyway. 

Well they already look more like the Anubian style, than actual jackals (that look pretty much like coyotes), I could play around with mesh tweaking,( last time I did though the face exploded, was comical)  but yeah a more black look to them, might look good, i'll play around with them! 

26 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

-Spotted Hyena Females-

Ooh, nice! I'll make sure to check them out as soon as I get the chance.

26 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

what are the Vaalsark supposed to be? like what animal, I keep thinking of overhauling them but can't figure out what they are. 

AFAIK they are supposed to be based on jackals or at least inspired by them, but Wolf of the Azar's first texture set was mostly just the vanilla Khajiit textures with some edits, so they don't really look the part; not sure if they were even meant to look exactly like jackals in the first place, though.

Someone did a coyote-like retexture for them a long time ago that, while still basically just edited Khajiit textures (and of somewhat questionable quality), was at least a bit more unique than the originals, so that could serve as inspiration for your own edit.

TL;DR: my suggestions for them would be either coyotes or black-backed jackals.

16 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

Well they already look more like the Anubian style, than actual jackals (that look pretty much like coyotes),

but yeah a more black look to them, might look good, i'll play around with them! 

To be honest, while I am a fan of Anubian jackals indeed, they mostly have black markings-less bodies, or at most have some Egyptian themed golden ones that could be argued to be magical and/or ritual paints instead of real markings. Closest we could get to that in Skyrim would be refitting the Panther textures for use on them, and we all know by now the game shaders aren't exactly built for truly black character skins, so it may not be worth it in the end.

There's also the fact that I would consider Anubian jackals rare and special, and they would be replacing Imperials, of which there are millions around Cyrodiil and which are basically the closest there is to boring standard generic humans in the Elder Scrolls lore (not that Nords, Redguards and Bretons aren't boring humans too, but at least they do have something going on to make them a tiny bit distinct).

That's why I'd say it would make more sense to go for standard coyotes or black-backed jackals are mentioned above, with Anubian ones maybe as a separate extra variant. Of course that's just my two cents, and if you decide to go for the Anubian jackal look only, I'll give it a shot all the same. So there's that.

I could play around with mesh tweaking,( last time I did though the face exploded, was comical)

Sounds like whatever edits you did changed the vertex order of the mesh. If you want to look further into this, I can give you some tips on how to get head meshes in and out of Blender in a way that should render them still functional ingame while allowing you to edit their shape.

8 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

omg! Please!!!! No offense but they really need an update, EVERYTHING looks great in yiffy age, but they seem to still be in 2013, not trying to be disrespectful, just wandering around skyrim everyone is beautiful then proventus Avenicci opens his mouth AND BAM his ugly mug kills everything X.x

Just my thoughts, I dont how hard it'd be to maybe replace their mesh with a lykaios head? make them look more coyote, But again that might be disrespectful to the original mod, but come on it's the elephant in the room 

23 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I like this suggestion! I think black-backed jackals are beautiful, so that works.

13 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

. If you want to look further into this, I can give you some tips on how to get head meshes in and out of Blender in a way that should render them still functional ingame while allowing you to edit their shape.

I do but I don't want to take too much of anyone's time, thank you though for the offer. But i'd rather hopefully get permission first before I started changing other people's work, I dont know how the original author feels about it. 

Also question for straight/bi guys, is UNP like the go to body type -most- people prefer?

7 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

I do but I don't want to take too much of anyone's time, thank you though for the offer. But i'd rather hopefully get permission first before I started changing other people's work, I dont know how the original author feels about it. 

AFAIK Wolf of the Azar has been offline for quite a while now, so reaching them may be a problem. Also, after Bad Dog revamped all the assets for the CITRUS head update and redid the textures (though still in the same style as the originals), there really isn't much left of the original Vaalsark outside of the name/concept and some minor stuff like eye textures (if there's even anything left), so it's not like you would be insulting the author's vision of them or something like that, at least in my opinion, because they are not Vaalsark.

Hell, we don't even have the standalone race packed into the file anymore, and we only still use the Vaalsark name instead of just "jackals" because... well, they were never quite actual jackals. So if you went and replaced their textures with jackal ones, we wouldn't be talking about Vaalsark anymore but "Jackals" instead, just like we talk about "tigers", "panthers" or "hyenas".

45 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

Also question for straight/bi guys, is UNP like the go to body type -most- people prefer?

I can only speak for myself but I vastly prefer UNP. CBBE's shape just looks like some fantasy blob to me while UNP is more like what I actually see with my own physical eyes in Real World™. UNP also has the overkill polygon version now aka BHUNP while high poly CBBE is either hidden somewhere out of reach of majority or SE exclusive since ousnius in his infinite wisdom decided to kill UNP for SE, though BHUNP is bringing it back there too.

Though I guess COSIO is a 'better' alternative to CBBE on LE.

UNP also tends to have more outfits available in LE so there's that too.

1 hour ago, WolfMan1991 said:

omg! Please!!!! No offense but they really need an update, EVERYTHING looks great in yiffy age, but they seem to still be in 2013, not trying to be disrespectful, just wandering around skyrim everyone is beautiful then proventus Avenicci opens his mouth AND BAM his ugly mug kills everything

LOL. Jeez, you guys. Yeah, I put a bit of a silver-back thing on them, but mostly they're the original khajiit-style texture on a Anubis/jackal-style head. My preference for them is the Anubis-style but, yeah, that's a specialty look for a common race. Happy to have Valehyena take a crack at it.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Sounds like whatever edits you did changed the vertex order of the mesh. If you want to look further into this, I can give you some tips on how to get head meshes in and out of Blender in a way that should render them still functional ingame while allowing you to edit their shape.

Imma download Blaze's striped hyena update and revamp the Reachmen based on it. I never dug deep into why USLEEP felt it necessary to revamp the briarhearts, so I appreciated that explanation. Blaze did you keep the bit where if you pickpocket a Briarheart's briar heart, you kill him? Cuz that matters. Anyway I'll sort through it all and incorporate the changes, but I'll let the furrifier choose the hair. I'm not going to try for female briarhearts in this rev tho I think it's perfectly acceptable lore-wise. (Maybe. Does that mean we should have male hagravens?)

@Valehyena I'll consolidate all your signs into one addon and upload it, if that's okay with you.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Turns out the old-style 2.49 export maintains vert order except that you need the latest tri export as provided by PaulGreen. There's a weird thing where nearly everything that preserves vert order, including Outfit Studio, does it wrong and PG's fix does it wrong in the same way so the tris work with the meshes.

At this point I consider all the head meshes to be mine. I did start from Citrus or KrittaKitty, I did incorporate NightroModzz' work, and I did copy the shape of the original mods generally, but it's my mesh and tris. I keep the link to the original mods in the OP because I owe them a creative debt, but that's it.

**Vaalsark Black-Backed Jackal Overhaul** (Imperial Male replacer)

So I did end up tweaking a messing around with stuff, switching out the Vaalsark's mesh for one like the Fox uses, then I painted on some textures to try to get it a jackal look.

Anyways here are the results!

Spoiler

20200103142546_1.jpg.e71d79f3018245cf021c46262ba50a94.jpg20200103142157_1.jpg.7567c90d68f89ad3c8b4c6b8d53e6ee4.jpg20200103142605_1.jpg.5fb3e6fc3dc98e5c95c7edb97ab68ead.jpg20200103142529_1.jpg.68ece7baa2b07d92eb4150c51f23bbb9.jpg20200103142213_1.jpg.852abfa7028d746ae7b3f8a75136e265.jpg20200103142630_1.jpg.42cf0c1779900e74a1d68b9fd8f2315c.jpg

So yeah maybe spruce up the seams with the cock, otherwise I think it turned out well! So i'll share it!

Be warned this will change ALL the males that are imperial to be jackals. 

All credit goes the respective authors who made the original races/meshes I'm just doing this for fun!

vaalsark Overhaul.zip

Enjoy! if you guys like it, I'll do the females tomorrow! 

@Bad Dog absolutely! last upload of the signs should have all of them in one pack I believe! 

Edit- I will also do an Anubian black style jackal tomorrow for the males too! (and then females if people like it) 

EDIT - if you dont want the faces to change, just dont let it override the mesh! 

54 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

My preference for them is the Anubis-style but, yeah, that's a specialty look for a common race.

As I said, while I'm a fan of Anubian jackals too, the fact that such a rare and unique species is used for such a generic race has been one of my main beefs with Imperials so far, and that's also the reason I suggested making them dogs instead a long time ago (because "pet" dogs sound like a good fit for the most "generic humans" race of them all). But black-backed jackals are fine by me as well.

Blaze did you keep the bit where if you pickpocket a Briarheart's briar heart, you kill him? Cuz that matters.

Yup, I made sure to check it and it's working so far, both when the Briarheart is wearing their custom non-playable kilt and when they are naked.

Anyway I'll sort through it all and incorporate the changes, but I'll let the furrifier choose the hair.

Fair enough. That was my plan in the first place, my own FaceGen files were just a quick'n'dirty placeholder so people could use the addon without breaking all Forsworn until your fixed them up and posted the finished release.

I'm not going to try for female briarhearts in this rev tho I think it's perfectly acceptable lore-wise.

The ESO book does indeed not refer to a specific sex when talking about briarheart-implanted warriors, and it also says briarheart plants can sprout even from harpy corpses, so while it's not 100% confirmed, I'd say it's safe to assume female briarhearts are acceptable. And yeah ESO is a solid and official source of lore.

(Maybe. Does that mean we should have male hagravens?)

I feel like hagravens are too specific of a creature for males to be able to undergo the ritual too, but I guess you could go for it if you wanted.

53 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

**Vaalsark Black-Backed Jackal Overhaul** (Imperial Male replacer)

Damn, that was fast.

So yeah maybe spruce up the seams with the cock, otherwise I think it turned out well! So i'll share it!

Yeah, it looks pretty good so far, and once the seams are fixed, it will be a pretty solid upgrade for jackals indeed.

Enjoy! if you guys like it, I'll do the females tomorrow!

Looking forward to it, then. :classic_laugh:

22 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Looking forward to it, then. :classic_laugh:

Thanks I sat down with 2 hours of free time, and was like "oh im just gonna do the standing stones real quick" only to realize they arent even 1k....ugggh haha gonna be fun now. 

@Bad DogAlso I dont know why, or how, but this is the first time ive seen this load screen 

Spoiler

20200103135316_1.jpg.f3fe597db34d69555ac2a6ee54ee51b7.jpg

lmao! how is this even physically possible? xD also how is this the first time ive gotten this load screen? 

anyways funny shit. 

13 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

...maybe all the sharks & dragons have been hiding it from you :innocent:

Oh btw i was gonna make a sign and a book cover just for you...for the book its gonna be the one on werewolves, one serious...and one version...well ill just have to show ya haha 

Also i forgot LL had adult ads...awkward moment in line when i check the forum and some chick is brushing her vagina lips with a tooth brush

30 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

Oh btw i was gonna make a sign and a book cover just for you...for the book its gonna be the one on werewolves, one serious...and one version...well ill just have to show ya haha 

sounds like christmas is coming early this year :tounge_wink:

**-IMPERIAL alternative Textures, Vaalsark Jackal thing-**

SO I decided to upload the male and female versions of this in one file! ( make it more simple right who would have thought? o: ) 

Some pics for ya voyeurs:

Spoiler

20200103142546_1.jpg.9ba7ba6538df48c83c3bc30e58d6f8e8.jpg20200103213824_1.jpg.7472cf183609e20c14d7bbce88beb549.jpg

(if anyone wants to help with female neck seems, thatd be cool i cant tell what it is honestly, maybe it's my S or SK files making my seams more obvious) (oh yeah also make sure the UNP textures work right, i think they will, but i dont have a model to use them on) 

CBBE (males included)

vaalsark Overhaul Cbbe.zip

UNP (males included

vaalsark Overhaul UNP.zip

*** And also also I did a little sign, you could say its Horny Creatures of Skyrim inspired, just for @MadMansGun I hope you like Morthal! ( i was gonna do a tribute to the creature you mention in your signature, buuuuut, it was getting too much for me on this drunk night, too many laughs) 

PIC : NSFW 

Spoiler

20200103222939_1.jpg.1bd7fc69f3563cf18e4771534de1d021.jpg

(apparently I caught a few rain drops in the screen, kind of cool )

More to come!

Just drop into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\textures\clutter\signage\inns if you wanna use it ?

signmoorsideinn01.dds

1 hour ago, Valehyena said:

( i was gonna do a tribute to the creature you mention in your signature, buuuuut, it was getting too much for me on this drunk night, too many laughs)

Spoiler

ScreenShot1293.jpg

ScreenShot1291.jpg

ScreenShot1289.jpg

i need to get a enb one of these days.

5 hours ago, Valehyena said:

(if anyone wants to help with female neck seems, thatd be cool i cant tell what it is honestly, maybe it's my S or SK files making my seams more obvious)

Unfortunately Autodesk just decided maybe 2020 is the time my Mudbox license should expire all of a sudden and now it won't let me run the program anymore. :classic_unsure:

I think it's just because I had the 2016 version and Autodesk sure loves nuking licenses and support for older versions once they are not for sale anymore, so grabbing a newer version should do, but if it turns out my license doesn't cover new versions or it's actually expired, I may not be able to do any seam blending until I get ahold of a similar 3D-painting software.

*** And also also I did a little sign, you could say its Horny Creatures of Skyrim inspired, just for @MadMansGun I hope you like Morthal!

First up, lol. Second up, that she-werewolf looks adorable even though it's just a silhouette. I think it's the face. So kudos for that.

1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Well, you guys have certainly been busy.

Yep, lots of activity here all of a sudden. All the better, though.

Anyhow, here's a preview of some Forsworn from Blaze's WIP package.

Thanks for that, I wanted to do a quick preview myself but completely forgot about it afterwards, lol. :classic_wacko:

Briarheart didn't play nice with console commands here so he had to be left out.

If you mean you had trouble getting him to undress, you need to run a "inv" command on him and then use unequip item by item except for the "Briarheart Full" worn armor (the one called "Forsworn Briarheart Kilt" instead should be fine, though, and that's actually the one you want to unequip to get him torso-naked).

3 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

If you mean you had trouble getting him to undress, you need to run a "inv" command on him and then use unequip item by item except for the "Briarheart Full" worn armor (the one called "Forsworn Briarheart Kilt" instead should be fine, though, and that's actually the one you want to unequip to get him torso-naked).

That's what I did but Mr. Briarheart here just refused to equip his heart hole, no matter what. Probable cause might be that I have a personal plugin that reverts USLEP's Briarheart changes (among other personal grievances) since they tend to cause nothing but problems with SOS but I made sure to load the reachmen after that plugin so that your changes have priority so I dunno, in the end he got the boot for being an uncooperative bastard.

(also his hair was purple like he was missing a texture, no idea what would cause that though since they are just redguard hairs and redguards are fine)