24 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

A male version

The male version already exists as done by ValeHyena, and as far as I can tell there isn't anything particularly bad about it except for compression artifacts (but that's nobody's fault, and using uncompressed textures for everything that could use the quality bump would kill the FPS dead anyway).

Also I'm not extremely interested in males (or at least not enough to put too much work into them), so while I would whip up a quick and dirty male version if there was none, VH's current one is already better than what I could do, so I'll just stick to that one.

and a non YA version

That would be up to Bad Dog. YA assets would need to be packed into the file and added to the hypothetical standalone plugin, plus all the edits required for the race to work in a vanilla/non-YA setup. Too much work for my lazy ass, at least for now, I'm afraid, lol. :classic_unsure:

-Alternative Spotted Hyena Male Texture-

So since @Bad Dog did the reachmen as striped, I decided I'd play around with the normal spotted Hyena textures. 

Here are the results: (nsfw)

Spoiler

20200102173305_1.jpg.b4dd0b97e756810925155ab452d5e1d0.jpg20200102173317_1.jpg.d6f9d4cbe2382408ca5effc6df61bb98.jpg20200102173648_1.jpg.2dc36f4a199ec46a80beec4b6693a81b.jpg20200102173908_1.jpg.1be036b1695015bba9568733ae48188c.jpg20200102173833_1.jpg.60dbcd9444f344c293bd647af53fa7b0.jpg20200102182026_1.jpg.88cd1aa731cd9912d50d858b9b057a83.jpg

So if anyone would like to use em

Here they are 

Spotted Hyena1.zip

-Yiffy Age signs 5-

Okay so i per @Blaze69 's request I did a little more work on solitude signs.

This update includes a few more, too and also the originals, so just override if you'd like, Or keep the current ones you have if you like those.

Spoiler

20200102174509_1.jpg.e50d2c955c1cfb72c7672575b3cc244f.jpg20200102181536_1.jpg.e40afc89fc8a4036538122ec23e40918.jpg

YAsigns5.01.zip

So the winking skeever apparently has it's own unique mesh, i only found this out after spending a while designing a sign, anyways what you guys get is a female "skeever" anthro, though her skeever ears got cut off, with a winking skeever above her. 

anyways hope people who use em like em!

Edit -Fixed the spotted hyena textures, added schlongs, dont know why they werent in the archive. 

Hey, sorry to interrupt but I'm having issues with YA CTD before the main menu. Using Vortex and it doesn't happen on any other mod, and all I have running with YA is the prerequisites. Any ideas? Thinking about swapping to another MM but got used to Vortex already.

13 minutes ago, GamerVivi said:

Hey, sorry to interrupt but I'm having issues with YA CTD before the main menu. Using Vortex and it doesn't happen on any other mod, and all I have running with YA is the prerequisites. Any ideas? Thinking about swapping to another MM but got used to Vortex already.

read a few pages or couple pages back, I think this guy named wantsamod just had the same issue, and i think they figured it out. 

9 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

read a few pages or couple pages back, I think this guy named wantsamod just had the same issue, and i think they figured it out. 

Hm. Looks like he fixed his issues with YA5 from someone else in the thread? Looks like I'll be hunting for that post, now. Appreciate the help!

54 minutes ago, GamerVivi said:

Hm. Looks like he fixed his issues with YA5 from someone else in the thread? Looks like I'll be hunting for that post, now. Appreciate the help!

Well, I can't find that link. It seems it's become a thing with the most recent versions.

59 minutes ago, GamerVivi said:

The only issue I've seen like that is if you have Yiffy Age enabled, but don't actually have the RaceCompatibility mod installed, or active in MO.  As YA will generally load fine, technically, since the RC's .esm is there, but since it's scripts are not there(i.e not accessible to the game), the game likely fails to load at the main menu. 

2 hours ago, Valehyena said:

So since @Bad Dog did the reachmen as striped, I decided I'd play around with the normal spotted Hyena textures. 

Here are the results: (nsfw)

Reveal hidden contents

20200102173305_1.jpg.b4dd0b97e756810925155ab452d5e1d0.jpg20200102173317_1.jpg.d6f9d4cbe2382408ca5effc6df61bb98.jpg20200102173648_1.jpg.2dc36f4a199ec46a80beec4b6693a81b.jpg20200102173908_1.jpg.1be036b1695015bba9568733ae48188c.jpg20200102173833_1.jpg.60dbcd9444f344c293bd647af53fa7b0.jpg20200102182026_1.jpg.88cd1aa731cd9912d50d858b9b057a83.jpg

So if anyone would like to use em

Here they are 

Spotted Hyena.zip 7.79 MB · 3 downloads

Did you edit all the textures for the Redguard/Hyenas? If so, it looks like the archive only has the textures for the head, hands and feet, not the body or schlong -  which it looks like you've edited in your images?

2 hours ago, Valehyena said:

-Yiffy Age signs 5-

This update includes a few more, too and also the originals, so just override if you'd like, Or keep the current ones you have if you like those.

Reveal hidden contents

20200102174509_1.jpg.e50d2c955c1cfb72c7672575b3cc244f.jpg20200102181536_1.jpg.e40afc89fc8a4036538122ec23e40918.jpg

YAsigns5.01.zip 4.77 MB · 4 downloads

So the winking skeever apparently has it's own unique mesh, i only found this out after spending a while designing a sign, anyways what you guys get is a female "skeever" anthro, though her skeever ears got cut off, with a winking skeever above her. 

It might be a while off, but one possible content addition in the Shark Race mod(which has a version of it's NPC plugin that works with Yiffy Age, this referring to the Skyrim version), is new Inn, located just behind Windhelm, somewhat close to the Docks. It's going to be called Sailor's Rest, and I have more about the location in my blog for the mod, Planned Locations. Would you be willing to do a custom sign for it at some point?  

15 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

The only issue I've seen like that is if you have Yiffy Age enabled, but don't actually have the RaceCompatibility mod installed, or active in MO.  As YA will generally load fine, technically, since the RC's .esm is there, but since it's scripts are not there(i.e not accessible to the game), the game likely fails to load at the main menu. 

Wow, I'm really glad you said that because it made me re-check to ensure my RC was properly installed, and I decided to use the one linked in the YA load order instead of the one I had and that did the trick. 

It might be a little worthwhile to clarify that the one listed as needed is different! 

7 hours ago, Valehyena said:

Previews look good, and I like how the belly turned out there, but as Kuroyami said the download is missing most textures (mainly body and schlong) so it's not really game-ready. Any chance you could reupload it with the missing files packed as well?

Also mandatory "can we has female version plz?", lol. Only if it's not much to ask. :classic_rolleyes:

(Please do use UNP textures as a base this time around if you go for it, though; IMO doing CBBE -> UNP texture projection looks much worse than the other way around, and YA's standard is UNP, so I'd say it makes more sense to use UNP as a base and then let Bad Dog (or me) port it to CBBE afterwards for the CBBE patch.)

-Yiffy Age signs 5-

Great, thanks! :classic_laugh:

Does this mean there's a draft somewhere with your original design that had to be cropped/modified to fit the unique mesh? If so, any chance you could share that as well? I'm curious.

4 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Yeah, to be honest I don't really know why Bad Dog packed that one into the archive. Packing Hoodies with YA is a bit iffy (IMO it would make more sense to simply link to the main Hoodies download and keep that one always up-to-date), but it's also his mod so it's alright. Packing RC, on the other hand, is something a lot of older race mods did and it's the reason many of them are broken now, i.e. the outdated RC files they include usually overwrite the newer ones and break all the scripts.

Much better to not include any RC file in the downloads whatsoever and simply list RC in the requirements. If someone comes complaining about "mE gAeM cRaShEs BeFoRe ThE mAiN mEnU", we can assume they didn't read the description and/or forgot to install RC. After all, you can't really idiot-proof anything, because dumdums gonna dumdum anyway and usually the "idiot-proofing" process itself only makes things more complicated for people that aren't.

Take Vortex for example: assuming users have room-temperature IQ (in Celsius on top of that) and forcing them to use LOOT to sort the load order is harsh but fair seeing what the average (Nexus) user's skills are (specially considering it's Vortex, so not like advanced users will be using it much), but if you actually know your way around load orders and mods, having to go through the hoops required to manually sort your load order is a pain.

It might be a while off, but one possible content addition in the Shark Race mod(which has a version of it's NPC plugin that works with Yiffy Age, this referring to the Skyrim version), is new Inn, located just behind Windhelm, somewhat close to the Docks. It's going to be called Sailor's Rest, and I have more about the location in my blog for the mod, Planned Locations. Would you be willing to do a custom sign for it at some point?  

4 hours ago, Valehyena said:

Sure sure, just let me know. 

Hey, appreciate the offer. I don't know when we'll get to actually working on that so I don't have an ETA for it, but we'll make sure to let you know once it happens. :classic_shy:

5 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Did you edit all the textures for the Redguard/Hyenas? If so, it looks like the archive only has the textures for the head, hands and feet, not the body or schlong -  which it looks like you've edited in your images?

Ahhh weird...thanks for catching that.

20 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Previews look good, and I like how the belly turned out there, but as Kuroyami said the download is missing most textures (mainly body and schlong) so it's not really game-ready. Any chance you could reupload it with the missing files packed as well?

we'll make sure to let you know once it happens. :classic_shy:

Also thanks for catching that, I fixed it now! and of course, I'd love to help whoever wherever I can! 

Oh yeah, no I did make a whole sign thinking, the winking skeever's mesh was flat like all the others, but it seems its one of the very few signs whose mesh is unique and has its design in it, (i guess) either way the original sign I made was not gonna work, I do have a copy of it still I think before i had to crop it down, but i'll have to look in the psd. 

-edit- yeah I'll do the females in the morning, shouldn't be a problem

20 hours ago, Valehyena said:

I know what you mean with respect, but honestly I was just messing around with things, plus they pretty much state on their stuff you can do what you please as long as credit is given.  I sort of wish Dragonfall had more aspects like LC's castles.  Im using it as a platform to learn rather than just like taking it over or releasing stuff, just trying to learn things for future ideas.

Ya, I'm just chatting about how I see things. Not intending criticism. 

19 hours ago, Caraclism said:

I was using the Legendary version of the Populated Mod even though there's a Reborn one which is newer, and has some fixes to the abandoned legendary one. Installing the Reborn version turns out to have the same .esp as your patch asks for, so I think you don't need to edit it for that specific aspect actually, since the Reborn version is better anyhow. Might help to add a remark to the patch description to make sure people use the Reborn version.

I think this is right. I'll add the link when I next clean up the OP.

10 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Oh. Crap. Not really sure if I should include RaceCompatibility or not. Nice to have one fewer dependency and they seem to recommend including it, but it's more modular not to include it. I guess based on Blaze's comments above I'll leave it out from now on.

(But a missing script doesn't usually cause a CTD, especially before the main menu.)

41 minutes ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

I wanna try that spotted Hyena but the download won't work

Hmm, maybe lovers lab was just being mean to ya? seems to download fine for me!, but if you have trouble I have telegram i could just send it to you on. 

Somewhat stupid question: would it be an issue to have USLEEP as a master for the Reachmen plugin?

I ask because Briarhearts are broken on my end, and while I (think I) have found a way to fix them, it requires USLEEP. I'd just go ahead with it because I consider USLEEP an essential mod and part of any load order, no matter how barebones it is, but some people may disagree for some reason; and that's fine, I just want to know if those that disagree if any are enough for the fix to be worth skipping on.

So, the vanilla game has no "nude" body for Briarhearts, and simply has an unplayable "briarheart armor" which is a Forsworn armor mesh with a bare chest and the briarheart hole/heart it in, which gets swapped to an alternate variant with no heart once you take the briar heart item from the NPC. USLEEP changes it so the "wearable" briarheart takes up the Amulet slot and is separate from the body itself (so the body "armor" is never removed and you don't actually see the body-swap when looting the briar heart item, just the heart disappearing).

I've combined this with YA's extra nude briarheart body, which means it works like this. Briarhearts start wearing a non-playable armor that has the chest hole and a skirt and also a separate "briar heart" item that fits in their chest hole, and then:

• if he unequips the chest armor (e.g. during a SexLab scene), the naked skin shows up and the briarheart + chest hole remain, so it's like he simply took off the skirt.
  • if the briar heart ingredient is removed (whether through pickpocket or just looting the dead body), the wearable briar heart disappears but the skirt remains on, so it's like the PC just took the heart and nothing else.
  • if he unequips the chest armor and then has the ingredient removed, he remains naked and with no heart, just like if the PC had taken it out when he was naked.

(Do note that I'm not 100% sure it will work as I still have to test it, but if the scripts work as intended this is what should happen).

Does this sound alright?

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

But a missing script doesn't usually cause a CTD, especially before the main menu.

i've had a crash there before because of a missing script, but i forget what mod it was (i remember it was one of mine and the script was missing because i hit "cut" instead of "copy")

48 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Somewhat stupid question: would it be an issue to have USLEEP as a master for the Reachmen plugin?

I ask because Briarhearts are broken on my end, and while I (think I) have found a way to fix them, it requires USLEEP. I'd just go ahead with it because I consider USLEEP an essential mod and part of any load order, no matter how barebones it is, but some people may disagree for some reason; and that's fine, I just want to know if those that disagree if any are enough for the fix to be worth skipping on.

So, the vanilla game has no "nude" body for Briarhearts, and simply has an unplayable "briarheart armor" which is a Forsworn armor mesh with a bare chest and the briarheart hole/heart it in, which gets swapped to an alternate variant with no heart once you take the briar heart item from the NPC. USLEEP changes it so the "wearable" briarheart takes up the Amulet slot and is separate from the body itself (so the body "armor" is never removed and you don't actually see the body-swap when looting the briar heart item, just the heart disappearing).

I've combined this with YA's extra nude briarheart body, which means it works like this. Briarhearts start wearing a non-playable armor that has the chest hole and a skirt and also a separate "briar heart" item that fits in their chest hole, and then:

• if he unequips the chest armor (e.g. during a SexLab scene), the naked skin shows up and the briarheart + chest hole remain, so it's like he simply took off the skirt.
  • if the briar heart ingredient is removed (whether through pickpocket or just looting the dead body), the wearable briar heart disappears but the skirt remains on, so it's like the PC just took the heart and nothing else.
  • if he unequips the chest armor and then has the ingredient removed, he remains naked and with no heart, just like if the PC had taken it out when he was naked.

(Do note that I'm not 100% sure it will work as I still have to test it, but if the scripts work as intended this is what should happen).

Does this sound alright?

Sounds good to me. Though I'd make the possible suggestion of maybe making a few female Briarhearts too, possibly just rarer spawns than males, or a few named NPCs(like having the featured creation at Bard's Leap Summit be female, but scant few others). Might not seem lore-friendly, but an existing mod - Female Forsworn BriarHearts - With Follower -  does the exact same thing already, and a book from ESO seems to mention either gender for Briarhearts - The Care and Feeding of Briar Hearts

Though otherwise I'd make the suggestion of either updating the USLEEP patch, or integrating all of it's fixes, with consideration for Yiffy Age's changes, into the main mod, so perhaps other mods(which may or may not already be made to work with USLEEP), don't need any other fixes, unless there is already a YA patch for them.

Alright, I'll just post this here since it seems to be working fine on my end:

Main plugin:

Yiffy Age - Reachmen V2 WIP.7z

Extras:

Yiffy Age - Reachmen V2 WIP - Extras.7z

Changes from @Valehyena's / @Bad Dog's file and assets:

• Cleaned up the race and its data, and did the same for the Vampire variant.
  • Added RaceCompatibility quest and scripts, so Reachmen now (should) have support for Vampirism and Lycanthropy when used as the PC's race and also get access to any mod-added Khajiit headparts (e.g. eyes or hairs).
  • Added the races to the proper HeadParts lists, so they have access to any head parts or assets available to Redguards in the base YA.
  • Fixed the seams and compression artifacts on the female textures and revamped their looks somewhat.
  • Fixed the seams and compression artifacts on the male textures (overall look remains mostly the same).
  • Created Briarheart-compatible textures for males and fixed Briarhearts in general so they would work properly (REQUIRES USLEEP DUE TO THE BRIARHEART FIX).
  • Re-exported FaceGen for all NPCs using the race.
  • Removed unused files from the archive.

Do note that since the textures include a lot of black and gray and thus would look like crap when compressed, I had to leave the diffuses uncompressed, which makes the file size go through the roof (even after downscaling them to 2k instead of 4k). I won't be compressing them myself because they really do look like crap with any kind of compression and I ain't having none of that, but for someone that isn't as concerned about not having their eyes bleed when they see a hyena may want to compress them for some memory/performance improvement.

Also my NPCs should be considered WIP, for named/unique ones I restored their original (Breton) hairs and eyes from the main YA plugin and re-exported FaceGen but generic Forsworn remain as they were; chances are Bad Dog will have to fix up the Furryfier script and do a last pass on Reachmen NPCs before they look good enough.

Extras include 4k uncompressed female textures (if you have VRAM to spare and want to go for some closeup shots or something), an alternate "muscle-less"/"flat furry belly" normal map, and the "human belly skin" textures showcased in my first set of pics, for anyone that may want to play around with those as well.

Use at your own risk! As I said it seems to be working fine on my end but I don't know for sure.

13 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

I actually thought about integrating part of that mod into this addon, but A) the assets are for CBBE, and only for the Slim body on top of that and B) permissions don't allow for their use without asking the author first.

So if we wanted female Briarhearts, either Bad Dog would have to create them from scratch with UNP support, or take those as a base and refit them for UNP provided we get permission from the author (TBH I'm not sure which one would be easier). I'd be fine with having female BHs, but to be honest I think there's plenty of stuff with a higher priority than such a small detail as that one e.g. African Wild Dog Skaal replacer, Horses. :classic_rolleyes:

-Spotted Hyena Females-

Here I played around with the female textures, I thought they turned out good, just an Alt for those who want to use it!

Pics NSFW:

Spoiler

20200103112400_1.jpg.02dd509b95617213b7d66392af97ed5e.jpg20200103112625_1.jpg.a207fa31b3378fec91e46e169aca98d1.jpg20200103112723_1.jpg.39fbf74befbe044f7d225ff7680cd4cb.jpg20200103112812_1.jpg.0286fb7c74a913237f42b8b2b6cc80fb.jpg

Cbbe

SpottedHyenaFemaleCBBE.zip

UNP

SpottedHyenaFemaleUNP.zip

Hey I do have a question for all of you, what are the Vaalsark supposed to be? like what animal, I keep thinking of overhauling them but can't figure out what they are. 

19 minutes ago, Valehyena said:

Hey I do have a question for all of you, what are the Vaalsark supposed to be? like what animal, I keep thinking of overhauling them but can't figure out what they are. 

Jackals. Well, my own preference would have them be of the Anubian variety, i.e tridarkxpraytridark(different image). Good for an alternate version, anyway.