Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

No, it's not "difficult" but no one at bethesda wants to work on it, the reason we have what we do is the people Beth poached from Behavior Interactive that weren't directly working on Far Harbor were perfectly fine retuning assets for SRSE. Now both teams have their own actual games to do, I wouldn't expect a great deal of back support unless Beth makes some serious assignment changes.

Remember this is 1.5 million dollars committed to make about 50-70 million lifetime off of consoles. This isn't any kind of remake or even "remaster", just a straight platform port with some enhancements.

Think more Dragon's Dogma and less Skywind.

No, it's not "difficult" but no one at bethesda wants to work on it, the reason we have what we do is the people Beth poached from Behavior Interactive that weren't directly working on Cold Harbor were perfectly fine retuning assets for SRSE. Now both teams have their own actual games to do, I wouldn't expect a great deal of back support unless Beth makes some serious assignment changes.

Remember this 1.5 million dollars committed to make about 50-70 million lifetime off of consoles. This isn't any kind of remake or even "remaster", just a straight platform port with some enhancements.

bhvr? They made my favorite childhood games in 1999! :P

No, it's not "difficult" but no one at bethesda wants to work on it, the reason we have what we do is the people Beth poached from Behavior Interactive that weren't directly working on Cold Harbor were perfectly fine retuning assets for SRSE. Now both teams have their own actual games to do, I wouldn't expect a great deal of back support unless Beth makes some serious assignment changes.

Remember this 1.5 million dollars committed to make about 50-70 million lifetime off of consoles. This isn't any kind of remake or even "remaster", just a straight platform port with some enhancements.

bhvr? They made my favorite childhood games in 1999! :P

They made my favorite game * May 1, 2002 *

Morrowind

From then on it went downwards.  :P

fallender-Kurs.jpg

For Bethesda is Skyrim Re. little effort, huge benefits (gains) money.  ;)

P much. For those people that never played or only ever played on console (which is the vast majority of initial players) it's chance to play with fancy graphics and nostalgia,

For everyone else, it's much appropo of enh.

As the player of martial artist pawnchkat, I have zero interest in going back to beth's hilarious unarmed anims, really the only thing I'll be missing out on is really good godrays.

The thing I really want is god rays which is not possible with ENB.  Can that be transferred to regular Skyrim so I can still use SKSE and FNIS?

EDIT:  64bit is dandy but does anyone need it if there is no SKSE and FNIS?

SKSE is more or less confirmed they'll be working on it for Skyrim SE, FNIS... not 'impossible' to do, but someone will have to take up the mantle and most likely start from scratch FNIS from the ground up again if it's different than 32-bit FNIS.

Edit: I'm more concerned about if we'll have EnB's ported over or if start from scratch will have to be the norm. Praying that ENB modders can just port over with limited difficulty, I want my grim and somber and not worrying about ctd's

The thing I really want is god rays which is not possible with ENB.  Can that be transferred to regular Skyrim so I can still use SKSE and FNIS?

EDIT:  64bit is dandy but does anyone need it if there is no SKSE and FNIS?

SKSE is more or less confirmed they'll be working on it for Skyrim SE, FNIS... not 'impossible' to do, but someone will have to take up the mantle and most likely start from scratch FNIS from the ground up again if it's different than 32-bit FNIS.

Edit: I'm more concerned about if we'll have EnB's ported over or if start from scratch will have to be the norm. Praying that ENB modders can just port over with limited difficulty, I want my grim and somber and not worrying about ctd's

I would say go over to the ENB Series website and ask the question there in that forum as Boris would be the person to ask.

Only thing I or anyone else could do is speculate, ENB series is his project afterall.

My guess, your going to be waiting for a while longer, and even then we are likely not talking direct ports of your favorite ENB presets as it is, those will likely have to be adjusted for a new ENB series made just for the Remastered.

The thing that a lot of people are not getting is that,

A lot of the mods that they want on a 64 Bit game, are not going to direct port into the game without additional work and that work would/could take months of time.  Do they really expect the same modders to take what a week, month, months, half a year of their lives to make those mods work on the Remaster?

We see a lot of stuff about Fallout 4, and the overall impression I get is that mod users expect mod authors to just build for the flavor game of the year, and the very same ones who built stuff before even.  Like people who are new to the scene need to realize "hey when are you going to step up to the plate you know".

The x64 is alluring, sure, but that aside there's really not much in there that can't be accomplished with ENBs already. I think I'll stay away from SE for now.

Strange though, didn't Bethesda outright say all mods would be 100% compatible? When did that turn to "Well, SKSE and FNIS won't work, QQ moar"?

The x64 is alluring, sure, but that aside there's really not much in there that can't be accomplished with ENBs already. I think I'll stay away from SE for now.

Strange though, didn't Bethesda outright say all mods would be 100% compatible? When did that turn to "Well, SKSE and FNIS won't work, QQ moar"?

all mods does work all you need to do is load and save in new CK and re-pack them in new bsa archive format. skse and fnis are community made tools and hack you can't expect bethesda to tailor their game around it community will have to fix those tools themselves. only skse and fnis mods are currently incompatible rest all mods will work with special edition once they are loaded and saved in new CK so bethesda didn't actually lied whey they said all mods would be 100% compatible with special edition.

From what I read I seriously doubt that there will be an FNIS version for Skyrim SE.

Maybe you know that I am retired. But I was willing to invest a limited amount of time. Up to maybe 30 hours. But if they have really changed the Havok version to a 2014-64bit, then this is an absolute show-stopper.

I'm not following the scene very closely any more. But if I look at FO4 then I haven't seen any hkxcmd equivalent yet. After almost one year. Can we even create one for Skyrim?. Now that Havok is owned by MS? And probably was in 2014.

I once got an hkxcmd like xml conversion of the FO4 behaviors. I don't know who made this, and how. The contents and above all the format were somewhat "similar", but by no means close to what we have for ole Skyrim. And if you know that FNIS depends on the EXACT format and content of more than a milliom lines of behavior xml, then you probably know what that means for a SkyrimSE FNIS version.

I'm one of the few that actually has a legally dump of havok repository before it was brought down.

I'm the author of these two projects,

https://github.com/aerisarn/hkxlib/

https://github.com/aerisarn/hkxEdit

which currently correctly edit behavior files without a hitch, and I can tell you exactly why beth needed the animations cache files and their meaning

I've successfully ported oblivion creatures to skyrim with attacks included

I have hkxcmd compiled from source and actually modified it, quite good comprehension of its working.

I just need to see those files, but do not lose hope, Fore. You have my sword

BTW, I think we can update FNIS workings using my lib. While you resort on manually add tokens to the templates, I can actually modify the xml representation of them. So, if we work together on the algorithm, maybe in pseudocode, i can reimplement it without the need of a template. 

I know my lib is geared torward 2010, but I've generated it directly from XML, so when I know the exact version that works (well, after BSA format is decryptet, but i'm confident it won't take much) is out, I can update in a whim

Modding Skyrim64bit at this point is a non-issue.

Bethesda doesn't have a viable CK for FO4 and they've released the final DLC for the game.  In Bethesda terms that means they're done with the game.  FO4 mods for consoles might be a mitigating factor that prompts them to do additional CK patches, but looking at past games that is unlikely.  The main tool for modding FO4 is pretty much carved in stone.  Enjoy the broken FO4 CK.

My unwelcome opinion:  The CK situation for Skyrim64bit won't be any better; it's Skyrim using the FO4 engine mechanics.  If they can't make a functioning FO4 CK then why would they be able to make one Skyrim Remastered?  That's a rhetorical question because they can't/won't.  Bethesda resources are spread too thin.  They are fighting a multi-front war with a jacked FO4 CK that will never be fixed, Skyrim64bit modding suffering the same ills as FO4 modding, AND the new projects that drive sales revenue to keep the company in the red.  They have too many irons in the fire so that means things start to suffer.

all mods does work all you need to do is load and save in new CK and re-pack them in new bsa archive format. skse and fnis are community made tools and hack you can't expect bethesda to tailor their game around it community will have to fix those tools themselves. only skse and fnis mods are currently incompatible rest all mods will work with special edition once they are loaded and saved in new CK so bethesda didn't actually lied whey they said all mods would be 100% compatible with special edition.

You're not at all Funny, not everyone has experience with CK, I would claiming the fewest Have modding experience!

the therewith can handle, Convert their mods in the 64 version!

And what about all the others The look stupid from the laundry.  :P

About mods (working or not): As mods are treated as DATA by Skyrim engine, they should work in x64 bit version (unless basic principles of workflow are changed, which I doubt (Beth is lazy enough :P )). Thus non-SKSE mods should work right away, SKSE-dependent mods right after SKSE is put onto 64bit gears (same about FNIS).

As for x64-bit speculation, I can only say making Skyrim x64-bit must (and it will be enough) remove current RAM, VRAM, mod count limitations in addition to a few graphical "sweet rolls"... but personally I give no shit about ENB now, won't extatically piss myself from a tiny graphical boost anyway. I will be thankful if the named limitations are sent to daedra's ass.

You're not at all Funny, not everyone has experience with CK, I would claiming the fewest Have modding experience!

the therewith can handle, Convert their mods in the 64 version!

And what about all the others The look stupid from the laundry.  :P

No experience is needed if you can turn your PC on, use internet then you can do this simple thing.

No experience is needed if you can turn your PC on, use internet then you can do this simple thing.

how many have the crap kit here?

some years ago i broke skyrim by letting steam install it, because it had to check the integrety of files and replace files edited by mods (that was before mo, now i know why it was so much problems to load the save, failing to reinstall the mods in the same order, who can do that anyway?)

loading it was a spamming of errors, wiki say to click on yes to all, you have it? mine is translated to something else

some of those errors are because i didn't knew i had to add mods bsa to the crap kit txt file, find that out with enderal because i had a lot of ! in the cells

there's something to do to load some mods too, allow multiple masters in txt

you think all the ones that will try remaster edition will bother with that for everything in their load order? many will fail trying

most will just download the remaster version of the mod

some will be problems because the one that followed the how to upgrade tuto, didn't check everything was still working (how do you check something need skse?)

and many will go back to original skyrim

that things is for console users, that don't have a pc

it don't make much sense to rebuy the game to have a few mods, instead of just buying it for your pc to have everything

some years ago i broke skyrim by letting steam install it, because it had to check the integrety of files and replace files edited by mods (that was before mo, now i know why it was so much problems to load the save, failing to reinstall the mods in the same order, who can do that anyway?)

loading it was a spamming of errors, wiki say to click on yes to all, you have it? mine is translated to something else

some of those errors are because i didn't knew i had to add mods bsa to the crap kit txt file, find that out with enderal because i had a lot of ! in the cells

you think all the ones that will try remaster edition will bother with that for everything in their load order? many will fail trying

some will be problems because the one that followed the how to upgrade tuto, didn't check everything was still working (how do you check something need skse?)

it don't make much sense to rebuy the game to have a few mods, instead of just buying it for your pc to have everything

We are not always the same opinion, but this time get you from me 1000 points.

If everything would be as simple as @RUD3DUD3 says, everyone could himself modding Then we do not need Nexus, LoversLab and all the other forums.  ;)

Modding Skyrim64bit at this point is a non-issue.

Bethesda doesn't have a viable CK for FO4 and they've released the final DLC for the game.  In Bethesda terms that means they're done with the game.  FO4 mods for consoles might be a mitigating factor that prompts them to do additional CK patches, but looking at past games that is unlikely.  The main tool for modding FO4 is pretty much carved in stone.  Enjoy the broken FO4 CK.

My unwelcome opinion:  The CK situation for Skyrim64bit won't be any better; it's Skyrim using the FO4 engine mechanics.  If they can't make a functioning FO4 CK then why would they be able to make one Skyrim Remastered?  That's a rhetorical question because they can't/won't.  Bethesda resources are spread too thin.  They are fighting a multi-front war with a jacked FO4 CK that will never be fixed, Skyrim64bit modding suffering the same ills as FO4 modding, AND the new projects that drive sales revenue to keep the company in the red.  They have too many irons in the fire so that means things start to suffer.

The alternate is because Skryim SE is basically the same engine (according to a interview they were working on the engine using Skyrim) then perhaps... hopefully they will continue to iron out the issues related to the new CK 64bit etc. One can hope.. however it would be silly to hold ones breath as they would likely die of asphyxiation :P

One question I really need definitive answer (preferable with resource) will this install separately from my current Skyrim .. or will it install over or replace it. I don't trust some of the stuff I have seen on the web. What is the general conciseness. If there is any doubt.. I will take Steam offline soon to prevent the upgrade at least for the first hours or day.

One question I really need definitive answer (preferable with resource) will this install separately from my current Skyrim .. or will it install over or replace it. I don't trust some of the stuff I have seen on the web. What is the general conciseness. If there is any doubt.. I will take Steam offline soon to prevent the upgrade at least for the first hours or day.

It goes to a different folder.

Don't ask about CK because I have one icon but it does not start.

It's a completely separate install.

All I'd truly want is to play the game with a stable high uGridstoLoad value. Seeing them pop-ins as the cells load when you just walk around at the default value of 5 in 2016 is more than just a reminder that it's a game that was primarily made for decade-old consoles, it's also immersion-breaking (for me anyway). But I doubt that just moving from x86 to x64 will allow that. At this point I think we just need a completely new engine, but I'm afraid that if it happens the new engine they'll have won't be as mods-friendly as GameBryo / CE.

Oh well.

I'm pretty sure, however, that given about a year or two after the release of the Special Edition we'll see a couple of things (effects) from complex mods that we would have otherwise never seen at all in our current (old) Skyrim.

verifying the steam files only redownloads game files which are mostly packed inside bsa archive rest are executables which no mod edits. master plugins which no mods even touches ( except cleaning dirty edits in tesvedit ), translation files which no mods edits or touches so im calling bullshit on "overwrite files installed by mods and broke my skyrim". only thing that breaks mods are game updates verifying doesn't break or replace mod files. 

and about "that thing is for console user,that doesn't have a PC" No that is for Mod user on PC who can convert mods to remaster on its own where mod author is no longer maintaining his/her mod or has said farewell to modding, who fucking cares about consolers not being able to that in new CK here ? they will either get the mod or not get the mod but the same is not true for us we can convert mods on our own.

All I'd truly want is to play the game with a stable high uGridstoLoad value. Seeing them pop-ins as the cells load when you just walk around at the default value of 5 in 2016 is more than just a reminder that it's a game that was primarily made for decade-old consoles, it's also immersion-breaking (for me anyway). But I doubt that just moving from x86 to x64 will allow that. At this point I think we just need a completely new engine, but I'm afraid that if it happens the new engine they'll have won't be as mods-friendly as GameBryo / CE.

Oh well.

I'm pretty sure, however, that given about a year or two after the release of the Special Edition we'll see a couple of things (effects) from complex mods that we would have otherwise never seen at all in our current (old) Skyrim.

I don't know. So far it has been pretty good in Fallout 4. I am sure with the current consoles having more power than they ever did Bethesda could increase the distances as well. WE will soon know. :)