Paradise Halls Enhanced (pahe) repacked with the customary addons

Ok so this may have been corrected in the Levelled Actor Base toggle function but I’m noticing that certain NPC bandits out in the world are showing up naked or wearing miner clothes after I’ve enslaved and sold a person. Is there any way I can properly reset their inventory to the game default? I’ve tried recycleactor, resurrectactor, disable/enable, and so far nothing’s really worked. Thank you kindly for any information.

1 hour ago, twsnider1138 said:

Ok so this may have been corrected in the Levelled Actor Base toggle function but I’m noticing that certain NPC bandits out in the world are showing up naked or wearing miner clothes after I’ve enslaved and sold a person. Is there any way I can properly reset their inventory to the game default? I’ve tried recycleactor, resurrectactor, disable/enable, and so far nothing’s really worked. Thank you kindly for any information.

Nope.

What you're describing is, in fact, the entirety of the Naked Bandits bug. Skyrim never intended to let players manipulate NPC outfits freely. PAH's original code implemented a work-around for that, but it had the side effect of borking up the default outfit data for all future copies of any generic NPC it gets used on, resulting in those copies spawning naked. When you use Home Sweet Home to sell a slave to a mine it kinda reverses the process and forces the miner's clothes onto them as a default outfit, which then has the side-effect of all future copies of that NPC spawning in the miner's outfit. 

The Leveled Actor Base toggle was an attempt to fix this, but it doesn't seem to have really worked for most (any?) people. In fact, it's even been known to introduce critical instabilities for some users. Personally, I'd just ignore it for now.

The mod's current author is working on some new fixes for the bug. Wish them luck.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:23 PM, ripleysonic said:

any console command that you can set their obedience and stuff to 100?

not directly, there is a spell that you can add to increase and decrease it however, to find the spells type this in console:

help raise

help drop

look for the spell listed as either raise/drop obedience to get the id then type this in console:

player.addspell spellid

I cant remember if it was obedience or submission this is listed as in game but you can only alter that one value, the rest has to be done manually in game im afraid, clifton has no interest or time in adding debug commands

14 hours ago, AVS said:

Nope.

What you're describing is, in fact, the entirety of the Naked Bandits bug. Skyrim never intended to let players manipulate NPC outfits freely. PAH's original code implemented a work-around for that, but it had the side effect of borking up the default outfit data for all future copies of any generic NPC it gets used on, resulting in those copies spawning naked. When you use Home Sweet Home to sell a slave to a mine it kinda reverses the process and forces the miner's clothes onto them as a default outfit, which then has the side-effect of all future copies of that NPC spawning in the miner's outfit. 

The Leveled Actor Base toggle was an attempt to fix this, but it doesn't seem to have really worked for most (any?) people. In fact, it's even been known to introduce critical instabilities for some users. Personally, I'd just ignore it for now.

The mod's current author is working on some new fixes for the bug. Wish them luck.

Aha, thank you for the heads up. Perhaps I’ll just add items back on to them in console commands. And turn Levelled Actor Base off too ?

Edit:(derp solution found)

I found the solution... apparently my skip intro mod skips the initiation zone that pahe uses to start the game.

I guess I had the old version of pahe before it needed to check the initiation zone... sorry for my stupid plea for help.

Capture.PNG

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, Durante said:

I still get naked bandit encounters even with the cloning thingy :/

The most common cause of this with this mod is this mod. Let me try to explain how it works. 

When Skyrim (not PAHE) spawns a bandit it does it from a leveled list. When you capture a bandit, whether you name him/her or not, Skyrim still thinks of it as that leveled bandit. Each leveled bandit has its own base weapons and armor. When you keep the bandit in the game with PAHE as a slave, Skyrim can still spawn identical bandits but can no longer use their equipment (assuming that you have removed what the original had). So, this otherwise identical bandit (or Thalmor justiciar or whatever) will behave as the original but does not have access to the gear. There is no effective fix. The best workaround is to be careful of who/what you enslave in order to avoid having this happen at an inconvenient time.

All right, I think I'm happy enough with this. Got the main armor in a nice enough position, and tossed together some ground models for the helmets as well. Those actually came out decent on the first try, using the Golden Urn's collision. The side-on inventory positioning works particularly well for these, I feel.

761827226_ScreenShot12-11-18at08_48AM.jpg.0b432ff570e162eb23f5a9074fb30904.jpg1999398511_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.48AM004.jpg.0f5911afc1fa84349fe4c76d5ad5b3c7.jpg1197075348_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.48AM001.jpg.08dfd7e03711afa41b875a1ca2d42c56.jpg173071225_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.48AM002.jpg.88c8b01290f9a4d9ef08acc433196d5a.jpg375254145_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.48AM003.jpg.545304555ba12037f9e307594ebb2c69.jpg1134421913_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.45AM001.jpg.d815fb767a1ae01129c74de031e5f691.jpg

The top of the Sphere mask does exceed the bounds of the collision a bit, but not enough for me to really care. I also remembered at the last minute to switch their motion system to 'box stabilized', which greatly improves their in-game stability. 

Dwarven DD GND.nif

Dwarven DD Helm Open GND.nif

Dwarven DD Helm Gag GND.nif

Dwarven DD Helm Mask1 GND.nif

Dwarven DD Helm Mask2 GND.nif

This has gotten me kinda wanting to revisit this set as a whole, now...

31 minutes ago, boubini said:

Thanks. I don't really see the point of having invincibles allies in a fight.

What I do is use the option in Immersive AFT to have defeated allies (i.e., slaves) stay down till the end of the fight. That way they're not invincible (getting up to fight again) but only immortal.  (I'm not sure that AFT does that for slaves, but my memory seems to say yes)

If you really want the chance of having your slaves die you can use something like Manipulator to or Scent of Sex to disable any protected or essential status for that individual npc.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:31 AM, AVS said:

Huh. I'd noticed that the panel gags didn't actually work way back when I first tried DD, but just wrote it off as another example of the mod trying to be too clever for its own good and ignored them from then on. It's kind of vicariously embarrassing that such basic errors have been allowed to stand for so long. 

I do wonder if it's one of those things that Skyrim can just be randomly flaky about. It's been a while since I last messed with them, but I do seem to recall that those panel gags would sometimes show up when initially equipped on an NPC but then vanish after a cell change. Maybe the engine hiccups on the 'default' thing sometimes before remembering to enforce the race restrictions. 

seems to be an issue with the enchantment they gave it that doesn't seem to stick well with npc's but apparently that's what's intended to display the meshes and textures of it...kinda screwy to me. they even have the base code still there for armor assets that were originally assigned to it, so why the change over is what gets me

On 12/7/2018 at 9:43 PM, Hyperglyph said:

What's your hunch?

Asking because I'd like to know if it's something I can try to fix without waiting for an update (I know Papyrus).

• couple of idea come to mind on that, the first idea would be if they don't have much in the level base for it to choose from such as the vanilla game has low level area and mobs that can fail at this
  • if they touched the civil war scripts for any of their enable/disable scripts, that can cause some huge issues similar to the chiss invasions--watch the papyrus logs during enslavement for these

for now i've added it to my lis to look into as well, but i won't be able to get to it til i'm ready to star a new game again

On 12/8/2018 at 10:47 AM, deadmetal said:

not directly, there is a spell that you can add to increase and decrease it however, to find the spells type this in console:

help raise

help drop

look for the spell listed as either raise/drop obedience to get the id then type this in console:

player.addspell spellid

I cant remember if it was obedience or submission this is listed as in game but you can only alter that one value, the rest has to be done manually in game im afraid, clifton has no interest or time in adding debug commands

PAHDropSubmissionSpell "Drop Submission" [SPEL:xx03980A]

that's the spell's form id from tesedit where xx represents the hexadecimal load order number of paradise halls.esm

On 12/9/2018 at 1:00 AM, rerako said:

Edit:(derp solution found)

I found the solution... apparently my skip intro mod skips the initiation zone that pahe uses to start the game.

I guess I had the old version of pahe before it needed to check the initiation zone... sorry for my stupid plea for help.

Capture.PNG

send me a copy of your mod and i can look into it for a fix

the start button is a known bug on my to-do list, but fixing it seems a bit moer complicated so i'm looking into other alternatives for the time being

On 12/9/2018 at 6:44 AM, Formion said:

So, recently downloaded after staying away for a long time.

Can someone explain what the dwarven devious suits downlaod is and its requirements? I searched but just didn't find anything.

Thanks.

see screenshots in the post below as additional devious restraints that can be used to occupy your slaves and in the future they will have training values (see the previous page of this thread for my future plans description on it)

for now that is also the only current patch for use with dd or ddx -- that is the replacement for the dd or ddx addon patches until i rewrite the scripts so that dd  collars automatically work as slave collars

On 12/11/2018 at 8:19 AM, AVS said:

All right, I think I'm happy enough with this. Got the main armor in a nice enough position, and tossed together some ground models for the helmets as well. Those actually came out decent on the first try, using the Golden Urn's collision. The side-on inventory positioning works particularly well for these, I feel.

761827226_ScreenShot12-11-18at08_48AM.jpg.0b432ff570e162eb23f5a9074fb30904.jpg1999398511_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.48AM004.jpg.0f5911afc1fa84349fe4c76d5ad5b3c7.jpg1197075348_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.48AM001.jpg.08dfd7e03711afa41b875a1ca2d42c56.jpg173071225_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.48AM002.jpg.88c8b01290f9a4d9ef08acc433196d5a.jpg375254145_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.48AM003.jpg.545304555ba12037f9e307594ebb2c69.jpg1134421913_ScreenShot12-11-18at08.45AM001.jpg.d815fb767a1ae01129c74de031e5f691.jpg

The top of the Sphere mask does exceed the bounds of the collision a bit, but not enough for me to really care. I also remembered at the last minute to switch their motion system to 'box stabilized', which greatly improves their in-game stability. 

Dwarven DD GND.nif

Dwarven DD Helm Open GND.nif

Dwarven DD Helm Gag GND.nif

Dwarven DD Helm Mask1 GND.nif

Dwarven DD Helm Mask2 GND.nif

This has gotten me kinda wanting to revisit this set as a whole, now...

that's the first i've ever seen the helmets, kinda wants me to see those in-game now.

thankss for your work, looks awesome

6 hours ago, boubini said:

Thanks. I don't really see the point of having invincibles allies in a fight.

layam set them invincible , but from what i've heard this seems to be effected by other follower mods used. think i've heard eff allows them to die.

the way that layam set them as essential isn't something i could set as optional  without making a second version of the main quest to download as an addon - i've considered it many times for those who want it, but it would be too often that an update causes that patch to become a conflict waiting for an update

6 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Since they are generally weak (low level) I haven't found them to be too useful in a fight.

with leveled actorbase toggled on the slaves, who don't fail leveled actorbase enslavement,  generally tend to level with the player according to the console reading of them

5 hours ago, Garolding said:

What I do is use the option in Immersive AFT to have defeated allies (i.e., slaves) stay down till the end of the fight. That way they're not invincible (getting up to fight again) but only immortal.  (I'm not sure that AFT does that for slaves, but my memory seems to say yes)

If you really want the chance of having your slaves die you can use something like Manipulator to or Scent of Sex to disable any protected or essential status for that individual npc.

the  part you crossed out about iAFT - does that work on slaves?

i've heard eff allow them to die so this sounds quite likely the case

1 hour ago, CliftonJD said:

send me a copy of your mod and i can look into it for a fix

the start button is a known bug on my to-do list, but fixing it seems a bit more complicated so i'm looking into other alternatives for the time being

I currently use pahe current version(7.2.8) right now(I was using an older version 7.1 or before on my older comp, got a new laptop now), realized that I just needed to go through the intro to get the mod started.

the quick skip intro mod I use is this: Quick Start - Skip The Opening Sequence

The mod initializes right on when you are unbound from ropes, but the skip intro mod I use starts you off unbound. Don't think there is a easy universal fix for it outside of setting the start mod event to choosing who you follow(ralof/hadvar) maybe?

Note: I also agree that this probably is a low priority for bug fixes as long as anyone knows how to properly start the mod, keep up the good work.

Spoiler
18 minutes ago, mincynius said:

Hey guys kinda new to PAHe. Did some forum searching but I couldn't come up with anything so here goes:

How can you kill an npc that's in the "bleedout" animation? Like I was killing this bandit camp last night and the main guy just went down on his knee for enslavement, but I didn't mark him for it. I wanted to kill him just for the lolz. I realize that enslaving him gives me his stuff etc but I just wanted this guy dead. I tried cancel enslavement and tried kill commands, none worked. If I waited too long he just stood back up at full health, talk option from enslavement menu brought nothing up.

Is this intended or am I doing something wrong? I really like to enslave people with this mod, i just want to be able to choose whether or not I actually want a specific npc.

Unless he was already essential (which shouldn't happen in a bandit camp) or marked (which I hope you didn't do accidentally) he should have died. That being said, were I in the position you were in (and I have been) I would have enslaved him and, once PAHE was clearly done with him, just killed him as a slave.

13 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

the  part you crossed out about iAFT - does that work on slaves?

i've heard eff allow them to die so this sounds quite likely the case

I crossed it out because I haven't made a lot of use of PAHE the last couple of years and my memory comes from that era. I've finally started a new full play through based on Lexy's Legacy build with PAHE as a prominent part (with iAFT) so I'll try to confirm over the weekend.

19 hours ago, rerako said:

I currently use pahe current version(7.2.8) right now(I was using an older version 7.1 or before on my older comp, got a new laptop now), realized that I just needed to go through the intro to get the mod started.

the quick skip intro mod I use is this: Quick Start - Skip The Opening Sequence

The mod initializes right on when you are unbound from ropes, but the skip intro mod I use starts you off unbound. Don't think there is a easy universal fix for it outside of setting the start mod event to choosing who you follow(ralof/hadvar) maybe?

Note: I also agree that this probably is a low priority for bug fixes as long as anyone knows how to properly start the mod, keep up the good work.

ok, i'll give it some thought. might be do-able, just can't give timelines as to when

7 hours ago, Garolding said:

I crossed it out because I haven't made a lot of use of PAHE the last couple of years and my memory comes from that era. I've finally started a new full play through based on Lexy's Legacy build with PAHE as a prominent part (with iAFT) so I'll try to confirm over the weekend.

ok, thanks

Yeah, iAFT and PAHE play kind of  odd together. Especially in my totally over the top load order. When slave are ordered to fight they act as allies and iAFT seems to apply. Then they usually become unnamed and unable to select. It is survivable. Easy to fix. If you have no followers, slaves above the follow submission level set in the MCM usually act as allies subject to iAFT without orders to do so and usually without losing their name. I am assuming it is a combination of a heavily modded game and Skyrim's engine. Just throwing it out there...

1 hour ago, netruss1964 said:

Yeah, iAFT and PAHE play kind of  odd together. Especially in my totally over the top load order. When slave are ordered to fight they act as allies and iAFT seems to apply. Then they usually become unnamed and unable to select. It is survivable. Easy to fix. If you have no followers, slaves above the follow submission level set in the MCM usually act as allies subject to iAFT without orders to do so and usually without losing their name. I am assuming it is a combination of a heavily modded game and Skyrim's engine. Just throwing it out there...

post your load order to see if anything common shows up so i know if we're dealing with a new occurence of an old bug or mere coincidence while using a known mod that needs to be bumped to some kind of known conflicts with possible work-arounds list

On 12/12/2018 at 11:55 PM, CliftonJD said:
  • couple of idea come to mind on that, the first idea would be if they don't have much in the level base for it to choose from such as the vanilla game has low level area and mobs that can fail at this
  • if they touched the civil war scripts for any of their enable/disable scripts, that can cause some huge issues similar to the chiss invasions--watch the papyrus logs during enslavement for these

Do you have an example FormID for a vanilla actor that doesn't enslave properly? So I can compare it to the OBIS bandits that aren't enslaving properly?