Paradise Halls Enhanced (pahe) repacked with the customary addons

16 hours ago, Hyperglyph said:

Do you have an example FormID for a vanilla actor that doesn't enslave properly? So I can compare it to the OBIS bandits that aren't enslaving properly?

i've only heard of the vanilla bandits who didn't enslave properly and even those were long ago before version 7.x

i was testing the issues with the chiss invasion when i rewrote a huge portion of the core during the beta testing that lead upto pahe version 7

this might be work better to post me a papyrus log of your failed enslavement

14 hours ago, nicorocks7 said:

Having problem with the collars, they appear as a giant exclamation point. I've tried to install and uninstall multiple times. Any one know how to fix?

this is mostly true:

14 hours ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

that means the mesh is missing, which probably comes with Devious Devices Assets.  Try reinstalling Assets.

however both ddi and ddx add additional meshes as well as bodyslide conversions and all of this assumes we're talking about the dd collars. if this is about the collars in farengar's study showing as exclamation !, then the bsa file included with the installation wasn't placed in the data folder properly and need to be reinstalled. another cause for that would be an sse user playing mixing up the mods with oldrim or vice-versa

23 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

ok, thanks

So far the only slaves I've taken are dark brotherhood victims, all with zero training. Also, I think it's important that I should mention that I'm using 7.2.4 alpha on SSE ;_. 

Should I continue this on the SSE forum? I'm also wondering if you have some npcs that you regularly test against that you'd like me to look at? Otherwise I'll try one of the victims, Gerdur and a random bandit in White River Watch.

21 hours ago, eichabbs said:

Anyone else having trouble with the "i need you to do something for me" dialogue? Half the time it just gives me options of punishment and not for them to actually go do something

That's because they're resisting you. Punish them a little bit and then when they sound scared they'll do what you say. Once they have higher submission they'll just do it right away.

I can't get PAHE to work on this new game I just started. It was working fine on other characters just the other day. I do not have the slave tracker quest, or slave info. I can enslave NPCs and I have all the dialogue options but their training stats stay at zero. In the MCM it says, under the debug category, that the mod is "stopped," it says to click to restart the mod but that does not do anything.  I'm using Mod Organizer and have run LOOT through there, and I've messed with the load order manually based on what I've seen other people say. My current load order is attached, I'd appreciate any help with this.

loadorder.txt

On 12/14/2018 at 8:13 PM, Garolding said:

So far the only slaves I've taken are dark brotherhood victims, all with zero training. Also, I think it's important that I should mention that I'm using 7.2.4 alpha on SSE ;_. 

Should I continue this on the SSE forum? I'm also wondering if you have some npcs that you regularly test against that you'd like me to look at? Otherwise I'll try one of the victims, Gerdur and a random bandit in White River Watch.

unfortunately since i don't know how many of those mods have been converted to sse, it may be better to try on that thread for additional help from the other users

21 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

I can't get PAHE to work on this new game I just started. It was working fine on other characters just the other day. I do not have the slave tracker quest, or slave info. I can enslave NPCs and I have all the dialogue options but their training stats stay at zero. In the MCM it says, under the debug category, that the mod is "stopped," it says to click to restart the mod but that does not do anything.  I'm using Mod Organizer and have run LOOT through there, and I've messed with the load order manually based on what I've seen other people say. My current load order is attached, I'd appreciate any help with this.

loadorder.txt

pahe-DeviousDevices-addon-patch.esp is a redundant file in your load order, when you have ddx installed, pahe-DeviousDevices-addon-DDx-patch.esp does the job of both patches. next if that's the current dd 4.2 and not an older version then you need to delete both patches and install the newer dwarven dd suits addon as that's the only patch made for the current dd

in theory tho, that should only be effecting your devious devices and not hinder pahe so we're still left to figure out why its not starting...

according to your load order, you should be starting the game with vanilla start. is that correct?

...the mod "Should" start on its own if the above is true

6 hours ago, gogelmogel100 said:

Hello dear ! Please tell me how can I speed up the pumping of a slave via the console ? Is that possible ? For a very long time to train a slave,and there are hundreds of them...

what is pumping of a slave, is that a new term for the slave getting rapes. those are done thru dialogues, not console codes

On 12/16/2018 at 4:17 PM, CliftonJD said:

unfortunately since i don't know how many of those mods have been converted to sse, it may be better to try on that thread for additional help from the other users

pahe-DeviousDevices-addon-patch.esp is a redundant file in your load order, when you have ddx installed, pahe-DeviousDevices-addon-DDx-patch.esp does the job of both patches. next if that's the current dd 4.2 and not an older version then you need to delete both patches and install the newer dwarven dd suits addon as that's the only patch made for the current dd

in theory tho, that should only be effecting your devious devices and not hinder pahe so we're still left to figure out why its not starting...

according to your load order, you should be starting the game with vanilla start. is that correct?

...the mod "Should" start on its own if the above is true

what is pumping of a slave, is that a new term for the slave getting rapes. those are done thru dialogues, not console codes

I got it to work, just messed around with load order more and started a new game. In that load order I sent I had just disabled Skyrim Unbound, which was one of the few discrepancies between the mod working and not working, but when I was having trouble I was using Unbound. I did a new game with Alternate Start and it went well, could just be me but maybe there's an incompatibility somewhere? Also, I had to eventually cut that playthrough short as I could not load my saves after a while without a CTD. I'm curious if could offer some tips for better stability with this mod? Am I just using too many things?

4 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

Also, I had to eventually cut that playthrough short as I could not load my saves after a while without a CTD. I'm curious if could offer some tips for better stability with this mod? 

Do you happen to have the Leveled Actors toggle on? This and/or crashing while saving seem to be the specific issue it can introduce for some users. I had been using it for ages on a previous install, but after I re-installed the game on that computer in an attempt to clean out various long-obsolete mods I started getting constant crashes while saving and playthroughs that became unusable due to crashing on loading after about 20 hours or so of playtime. Then someone way the heck up-thread mentioned having similar issues and that they all went away when he turned the Leveled Actors toggle off, so I did the same and bam, no more problems. 

No idea why it would only crop up for a minority of people as it apparently has, or what I might have done to incur it on that installation, but I've decided to leave well enough alone and have had it turned off from the start on this new computer. 

20 hours ago, AVS said:

Do you happen to have the Leveled Actors toggle on? This and/or crashing while saving seem to be the specific issue it can introduce for some users. I had been using it for ages on a previous install, but after I re-installed the game on that computer in an attempt to clean out various long-obsolete mods I started getting constant crashes while saving and playthroughs that became unusable due to crashing on loading after about 20 hours or so of playtime. Then someone way the heck up-thread mentioned having similar issues and that they all went away when he turned the Leveled Actors toggle off, so I did the same and bam, no more problems. 

No idea why it would only crop up for a minority of people as it apparently has, or what I might have done to incur it on that installation, but I've decided to leave well enough alone and have had it turned off from the start on this new computer. 

Interesting. I do have that setting turned on because the naked bandits break my immersion. I'll try turning it off. Do you have any recommendations for mods that add more females to enemy leveled lists for enslavement? Deadly wenches is pretty incompatible but other than that I haven't looked.

11 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

Interesting. I do have that setting turned on because the naked bandits break my immersion. I'll try turning it off. Do you have any recommendations for mods that add more females to enemy leveled lists for enslavement? Deadly wenches is pretty incompatible but other than that I haven't looked.

The most straight-forward one is probably Extra NPCs, which adds a whole friggin' pile of generics. There's also its predecessors, the two versions of Extra Bandits. I personally only use the first version of Bandits out of those three, mainly because I find its female face models to be more appealing on the whole. (And also because I'm pretty much resigned to the nudists at this point, and thus don't feel that much urgency about pumping the cast up.) All of them are fairly simple, just adding more basic generic characters to the spawn lists without trying to do anything too clever like the Wenches mods. 

Those aren't female-only like the Wenches, of course, but they do focus on adding in larger proportions of women than you get in the Vanilla game. If you want something female-only, you could give Fresh Women Darkness a shot. I'm honestly not sure how well it'd work with PAHE, though, as I've never gotten around to actually trying it out myself. Depends on if the game and PAHE counts them as human, probably. Same with the various enemy types added by F.E.M.A.L.E., although I suspect rather a lot of those aren't. 

Just some positive feedback:

Enslaving Dwemer Constructs with pahe is fun =D

Great job on the Dialog, laughing my ass off here!

No small feat to get me laugh during the super serious slaver buiness ?

Training Dwemer Ballistas atm for ranged support, not so easy with Estrus Dwemer installed, me and my followers playing a lot of boccia now ?

On 12/20/2018 at 3:59 PM, InsanityFactor said:

I got it to work, just messed around with load order more and started a new game. In that load order I sent I had just disabled Skyrim Unbound, which was one of the few discrepancies between the mod working and not working, but when I was having trouble I was using Unbound. I did a new game with Alternate Start and it went well, could just be me but maybe there's an incompatibility somewhere? Also, I had to eventually cut that playthrough short as I could not load my saves after a while without a CTD. I'm curious if could offer some tips for better stability with this mod? Am I just using too many things?

sorry about the new issues with skyrim unbound, hopefully i'll get time to add manual starts back to the mod soon enough. might look into auto-start by messenger as well to fix skyrim unbound...that is unless i can find a common ground for it

6 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Just some positive feedback:

Enslaving Dwemer Constructs with pahe is fun =D

Great job on the Dialog, laughing my ass off here!

No small feat to get me laugh during the super serious slaver buiness ?

Training Dwemer Ballistas atm for ranged support, not so easy with Estrus Dwemer installed, me and my followers playing a lot of boccia now ?

Awesome and thanks for the laugh

Merry Christmas !!

im am new to this mod and i had a few questions before i installed it.

I am assuming that because this is a script heavy mod it would be smart to keep a backup of a save from before I installed this mod just to be safe, right? 

There are a lot of files that can be downloaded for this mod and i couldnt find a clear explanation on what they are all for. some are obvious like the dd, ddx, and my home is your home patches but there are a few that i am lost on. dwarven devious suits, fellglow camp, and mias lair just as some examples of the ones i dont know about. could i just download and install the 7.2.8 with all addons and be fine from there?

Lastly i find the mod page to be a little hard to read and i cant tell exactly what this mod does. im assuming (based on the original mod this one is based off of) it's a slavery mod for a dom player. What kind of features can i expect?

Spoiler
9 hours ago, bruh... said:

im am new to this mod and i had a few questions before i installed it.

I am assuming that because this is a script heavy mod it would be smart to keep a backup of a save from before I installed this mod just to be safe, right? 

There are a lot of files that can be downloaded for this mod and i couldnt find a clear explanation on what they are all for. some are obvious like the dd, ddx, and my home is your home patches but there are a few that i am lost on. dwarven devious suits, fellglow camp, and mias lair just as some examples of the ones i dont know about. could i just download and install the 7.2.8 with all addons and be fine from there?

Lastly i find the mod page to be a little hard to read and i cant tell exactly what this mod does. im assuming (based on the original mod this one is based off of) it's a slavery mod for a dom player. What kind of features can i expect?

Let's see if I can help.

1) yes, it is a script heavy mod and, as a general rule, making a save is a good idea. However, I have been playing and following PAHE for years and the fact that it is script heavy has yet to be a problem.

2) The best way to handle the files is to download the entire mod. Then tick off .esp's for things that you have no use for. In general, if you don't know what it is and what it is for tick it off. The one exception I would make is that the Farengar's study .esp is particularly useful (see below). If you leave a patch ticked for a mod that you don't have, you are just asking for problems.

3) The mechanics of PAHE are fairly straightforward. Using the MCM menu you can determine in what manner NPCs can be enslaved. The most common method is to "mark" them so make certain you designate a key for that in the MCM menu. Then, in order to do damage to a slave (and later to train them) without killing them you need a PAHE whip. One can be found in Farengar's study in Dragonsreach (see .esp above), or you can make one at a forge (if memory serves it requires a piece of firewood and a silver ingot), or you can use the console to create one (the code is XX00BEEF - where XX is the PAHE spot in your load order).

With mark key and whip you are prepared to enslave. Go out and find an NPC to enslave. At the beginning the best candidates are the world encounter thieves or "bandits" in camps that you stand no chance of going back to (such as the Silver Hand in Dustman's Cairn). Approach the "bandit," mark them (they should flash red for a second (this is more easily seen in a dark place)) and then strike them (preferably with the whip since if you hit them with something else you may kill them instead of enslaving them). They should then enter "bleed out." When PAHE is done with them you tell them that they are a slave - this is where things get more complicated. Before moving on let me point you to another toggle in the MCM menu - the autorename toggle. Turning this on is useful since this will be the last thing PAHE does with a slave so that you will know when it is done. So when the "Thief" name changes to "Hubert" (or whatever) you know it is safe to tell them that they have been enslaved.

You must now train your slave. I will not go into detail since CliftonJD does go into detail on the modpage and I have given this instruction multiple times here and in the related mods Home Sweet Home and And You Get A Slave (AYGAS) both by Musje. I would encourage you before you start with your enslaving, however, that you go back to the MCM menu another time. There is a slider that sets how submissive a slave must be to keep it from running away. I would encourage you to set it to the Minimum (I believe this is 10 but I won't swear to it). This will mean that you will spend less time chasing runaway slaves (if you like chasing runaway slaves then leave it high). Enjoy this feature while you may because CliftonJD keeps threatening to take it away (since it is not immersive) despite my pleas to leave it alone.

6 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Hide contents

Let's see if I can help.

1) yes, it is a script heavy mod and, as a general rule, making a save is a good idea. However, I have been playing and following PAHE for years and the fact that it is script heavy has yet to be a problem.

2) The best way to handle the files is to download the entire mod. Then tick off .esp's for things that you have no use for. In general, if you don't know what it is and what it is for tick it off. The one exception I would make is that the Farengar's study .esp is particularly useful (see below). If you leave a patch ticked for a mod that you don't have, you are just asking for problems.

3) The mechanics of PAHE are fairly straightforward. Using the MCM menu you can determine in what manner NPCs can be enslaved. The most common method is to "mark" them so make certain you designate a key for that in the MCM menu. Then, in order to do damage to a slave (and later to train them) without killing them you need a PAHE whip. One can be found in Farengar's study in Dragonsreach (see .esp above), or you can make one at a forge (if memory serves it requires a piece of firewood and a silver ingot), or you can use the console to create one (the code is XX00BEEF - where XX is the PAHE spot in your load order).

With mark key and whip you are prepared to enslave. Go out and find an NPC to enslave. At the beginning the best candidates are the world encounter thieves or "bandits" in camps that you stand no chance of going back to (such as the Silver Hand in Dustman's Cairn). Approach the "bandit," mark them (they should flash red for a second (this is more easily seen in a dark place)) and then strike them (preferably with the whip since if you hit them with something else you may kill them instead of enslaving them). They should then enter "bleed out." When PAHE is done with them you tell them that they are a slave - this is where things get more complicated. Before moving on let me point you to another toggle in the MCM menu - the autorename toggle. Turning this on is useful since this will be the last thing PAHE does with a slave so that you will know when it is done. So when the "Thief" name changes to "Hubert" (or whatever) you know it is safe to tell them that they have been enslaved.

You must now train your slave. I will not go into detail since CliftonJD does go into detail on the modpage and I have given this instruction multiple times here and in the related mods Home Sweet Home and And You Get A Slave (AYGAS) both by Musje. I would encourage you before you start with your enslaving, however, that you go back to the MCM menu another time. There is a slider that sets how submissive a slave must be to keep it from running away. I would encourage you to set it to the Minimum (I believe this is 10 but I won't swear to it). This will mean that you will spend less time chasing runaway slaves (if you like chasing runaway slaves then leave it high). Enjoy this feature while you may because CliftonJD keeps threatening to take it away (since it is not immersive) despite my pleas to leave it alone.

I just installed this mod and I can't enslave any NPC , I opened the MCM menu and there was only a bugged page called Paradise halls redux in which I cant change anything but from what you said I realize there should be another MCM page that I don't have

I installed the following:

pahe with addons ( and removed the esps I don't need)

pahe update

pahe dd

pahe ddx

I ran FNIS and have the required files and even made a clean save and worked on it

I was completely surprised to know there is another MCM page and even thought I had to knock the npc first old fashion style

Please Help

Spoiler
49 minutes ago, Kimoss said:

I just installed this mod and I can't enslave any NPC , I opened the MCM menu and there was only a bugged page called Paradise halls redux in which I cant change anything but from what you said I realize there should be another MCM page that I don't have

I installed the following:

pahe with addons ( and removed the esps I don't need)

pahe update

pahe dd

pahe ddx

I ran FNIS and have the required files and even made a clean save and worked on it

I was completely surprised to know there is another MCM page and even thought I had to knock the npc first old fashion style

Please Help

While it can't possibly be this easy let's at least try this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57795

This is a Nexus mod designed to get "sluggish" MCM menus working.

Spoiler
44 minutes ago, Kimoss said:

Unfortunately, it didn't change any thing :(

BTW the MCM page name is Paradise Home Reborn not redox or whatever I said in the first post

So, let's do this the other way. Delete everything from this mod that you have loaded. Then go to the list of downloads. Download ONLY the very LAST file listed on the page. Once it's loaded go back and tick off all the .esp's that you are not going to use. Then, run LOOT and FNIS and start a new game. I THINK you may have simply made it harder than it needs to be.

10 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So, let's do this the other way. Delete everything from this mod that you have loaded. Then go to the list of downloads. Download ONLY the very LAST file listed on the page. Once it's loaded go back and tick off all the .esp's that you are not going to use. Then, run LOOT and FNIS and start a new game. I THINK you may have simply made it harder than it needs to be. 

OK this is a thing I could have missed

Is starting a new game necessary on first time for the mod? As I have not done that ever

Or are u just debugging?

Spoiler
Just now, Kimoss said:

OK this is a thing I could have missed

Is starting a new game necessary on first time for the mod? As I have not done that ever

Or are u just debugging?

Any time that you change your load order (adding mods, deleting mods or JUST running LOOT) you MUST run LOOT and FNIS (correcting all errors with either and warnings with FNIS) and start a new game. Skyrim's saves notoriously fail to clear all the material that was there before so, if you had an issue, it is likely still there in your save. If you've changed your load order (in this case I mean changing  mods position by moving things up or down one) the save will be looking for information from the wrong mod. So, if you have issues or simply want to add a mod or two you must start over.

Note: this is not an absolute rule but it should be followed generally. If you want more information I believe I covered this in the second segment of my blog.

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Any time that you change your load order (adding mods, deleting mods or JUST running LOOT) you MUST run LOOT and FNIS (correcting all errors with either and warnings with FNIS) and start a new game. Skyrim's saves notoriously fail to clear all the material that was there before so, if you had an issue, it is likely still there in your save. If you've changed your load order (in this case I mean changing  mods position by moving things up or down one) the save will be looking for information from the wrong mod. So, if you have issues or simply want to add a mod or two you must start over.

Note: this is not an absolute rule but it should be followed generally. If you want more information I believe I covered this in the second segment of my blog.

I have been modding for years and always asked myself why the game started stable the first time no matter how many mods I have but was a little more unstable each time I add a few mods

So that was the reason

Well, I'll try starting a new game
Thanks for the help!!!

Spoiler
Just now, Kimoss said:

I have been modding for years and always asked myself why the game started stable the first time no matter how many mods I have but was a little more unstable each time I add a few mods

So that was the reason

Well, I'll try starting a new game
Thanks for the help!!!

You're very welcome.

I do not mean to sound petty but, in the future, when someone gives you useful advice or simply posts something with which you strongly agree please "like" the post by clicking the "thumbs up" icon in the lower right corner of the post. While this has no "real" value it provides two distinct benefits. First, it notifies anyone else who reads that post in the future that the opinion expressed is more than that of a single person and is therefore more likely to be of benefit. Second, it's simply nice to get some positive feedback once in a while.

Spoiler
21 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Let's see if I can help.

thanks for the detailed explanation. How does the home sweet home functionality work? i have the original nexus home sweet home mod (my home is your home 2plus: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62040) but i did notice the one for paradise halls. What's the difference there? Otherwise Im gonna see what i can do to get this started and i'll come back if i have any other questions

EDIT: oops, i have gotten mhiyh confused with hsh. I have never tried home sweet home before so i'll try it out myself pretty soon here. 

EDIT2: i ran into a similar problem as kimoss while trying to start this mod on an already existing character. the paradise halls mcm left me with the message that the mod was stopped and it never progressed, possibly because of alternate start mod. starting a new game allowed me to see the full mcm with the mod up and running after a few moments of waiting for everything to catch up. Is there any other way to force the mod to start? like a quest setstage command? I really want to try this mod on my current character.

here's what im looking at with the mcm menu: 

Spoiler

20181225031131_1.jpg