Paradise Halls Enhanced (pahe) repacked with the customary addons

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Which dialogue from Pardo? He sent me to Dawnstar, or at least gave me some spiel about catching criminals and selling them, and selling the prisoner in Dawnstar got me a journal entry about 3 more camps. One of the camps, marked on my map, was Stonehills where the guard went through the buying dialogue but nothing happened.

Just curious. Why is any of this in the PAHE thread? These are all questions related to Home Sweet Home, and the Quest you are fumbling with is completely optional.

Pardo and the Restless Hunter are also from Home Sweet Home. I think your questions might be better answered there - and at least not bug Clifton.

Sorry to disturb your brown-nosing, I didn't realise I was in the wrong thread.  I will re-read the OP and try to make sense of what is going on.

Well, I've re-read the gibberish on the OP and it doesn't actually say what this mod does. It assumes the reader is familiar with the original Paradise Halls which I am not.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:56 AM, Grey Cloud said:

Right, I finally cleared the decks and started this mod but it's not going well.

I caught a bandit and got him to the inn in the Rift where the guy tells me to take him to Dawnstar. - What was the point of that?

While I'm digesting this a bandit enters the inn and everything goes mad. One of the inn's regulars lets go with chain lightning which sends my followers hostile. He went into bleed-out so I left the inn. He follows us outside and gets another thumping so I fast travelled to Dawnstar while he is still in bleed-out.

A mine is probably the most stupid location for any sort of conversation. The guard guy is walking around and wont stop even though we are talking. The miners are all walking around or at least trying to. I manage to complete the dialogue with the guard and get a message to 'point out' the prisoner. The smart money is on the naked guy, bound hand and foot and on his knees.

The dialogue seems to suggest that all has gone well but the prisoner is still in the same place and the guard is continuing with his sandboxing. From what I could understand of proceedings, I have sold the prisoner but for only a limited period. If this is correct does this mean that I will receive a message to collect him at some point?

I'll forego describing what happened when I foolishly tried to sell the guard another prisoner.

Also, I'm getting about 1 in 3 bandits naked  - seems to be males so far.

the naked bug so far has eluded any solutions for years, another attempt is planned for the beta

On 11/18/2018 at 9:51 AM, Grey Cloud said:

I'm just a simple adventurer, trying to make a living here. ? Right, I'll follow the above guide, however my first order of business will be to get my human followers to do what I want. Skeletons have more brains than living humans. Onwards and upwards.

as a framework tester here i so rarely get time to complete those quests before restarting the game again due to so many mod updates so i ended up using the mcm toggle from home sweet home to disable the requirement for those quests yet again

On 11/19/2018 at 2:33 PM, Grey Cloud said:

Sorry to disturb your brown-nosing, I didn't realise I was in the wrong thread.  I will re-read the OP and try to make sense of what is going on.

Well, I've re-read the gibberish on the OP and it doesn't actually say what this mod does. It assumes the reader is familiar with the original Paradise Halls which I am not.

that gibberish you refer to shows in plain english in the first line what this mod is about:

On 5/2/2016 at 12:44 AM, CliftonJD said:

this is both an expansion on and bug fix for paradise halls 7.3 by layam with his full endorsement, original mod (version paradise halls version 7.4 included):

based on the work of blabla from paradise halls sexlab extension - original thread here:

the only reason this mod assumes you've read those threads is that there shouldn't be any need to rewrite what is already written on Those threads. for anybody who isn't familiar with the original mods, they are linked in the spoilers. now you're not only posting in the wrong thread, but you've brought in unnecessary attitude and drama here.

next if you were to take a look at the sse thread here:

you'll get a sneakpeek at how i plan to redesign the main thread here in old-rim, but that's never going to happen if i have to come here to deal with drama while the rest of the users are eagerly awaiting the next update so cut the attitude now!!!

48 minutes ago, CliftonJD said:

next if you were to take a look at the sse thread here:

Why would I be reading SSE related thread when I run LE?

So that would be 3 different links I would have to follow. And the first line in the blabla link is a link which brings you right back to your description page.

By way of contrast, I thought Musje's descriptions were superb.

From the Nexus description page:

Instructions
Go to Whiterun, check in Farengar's study. You'll find he's taken on an 'interesting' hobbey. (sic)

Initially I could not get into Dragonreach so I had to disable the Farengar's Study esp. I have now just arrived in Farengar's Study and cannot see anything there and he doesn't appear to have any obvious dialogue option. The one option related to this mod is about dreaming of owning a servant which seems rather redundant.

Psalam said: "Farengar's Study is NOT required".

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, fred200 said:

Just curious. Why is any of this in the PAHE thread?

So from the Nexus page it would appear that fred200, who on the previous page had posted about AYGAS, is incorrect. Or is the Nexus page incorrect?

Anyway, what am I looking for in Farengar's? Or do I need the esp?

I really do want this mod to succeed. I have been searching for so long for a slavery mod which is, or can used as, a simple business transaction gig rather than being a 14 year old's sexual fantasy. I just want catch bandit- sell bandit - ker-ching. Anything else would be a bonus.

Spoiler
25 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

From the Nexus description page:

Instructions
Go to Whiterun, check in Farengar's study. You'll find he's taken on an 'interesting' hobbey. (sic)

Initially I could not get into Dragonreach so I had to disable the Farengar's Study esp. I have now just arrived in Farengar's Study and cannot see anything there and he doesn't appear to have any obvious dialogue option. The one option related to this mod is about dreaming of owning a servant which seems rather redundant.

Psalam said: "Farengar's Study is NOT required".

So from the Nexus page it would appear that fred200, who on the previous page had posted about AYGAS, is incorrect. Or is the Nexus page incorrect?

Anyway, what am I looking for in Farengar's? Or do I need the esp?

I really do want this mod to succeed. I have been searching for so long for a slavery mod which is, or can used as, a simple business transaction gig rather than being a 14 year old's sexual fantasy. I just want catch bandit- sell bandit - ker-ching. Anything else would be a bonus.

Since no one can disagree that Farengar's study is part of THIS mod I will reiterate. Farengar's study is NOT required to use PAHE. What is interesting in Farengar's study is only there IF you have that plug-in (Farengar's study) enabled. As I said before what you would have found are collars, a spell tome, items with which to make enchanted collars and, most importantly, a whip. This material would, if you had the plug-in enabled, indicate that Farengar was involved in slavery (his interesting hobby). The PAHE whip is also NOT essential but is THE most useful item if you want to enslave and train slaves. You can get it by console command. If I recall correctly it can also be made at a forge with a piece of firewood and a silver ingot.

As far as selling slaves are concerned this mod includes the Fellglow Slaver Camp plug-in which gives you an option for selling your slaves. Home Sweet Home and And You Get A Slave by Musje also offer opportunities for selling slaves.

Spoiler
6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

So why do I need to go to F's study if the esp is optional? Or, put another way, how do I start the mod if I don't have the esp active and there is nothing special about F's study? Am I failing to grasp some basic point here?

Make or get a whip (as I mentioned above) and go out and enslave. Farengar's study is the easiest way to obtain one (consistent with the game), Console command works but is technically cheating. Making one also works but coming up with a silver ingot early in the game is difficult (unless you like to steal from the Jarl or Skjor or console command THAT in). Once you have a whip identify a potential slave (bandits work well for this and fortuitously there are several near Whiterun which I will not insult you by naming since you spend at least as much time on the Guess This Location thread as I do). First, make certain that you have used the PAHE MCM to designate a hotkey for the "mark" function. I find that "x" is very useful since it lies just below the WASD I am always using.. Then approach your candidate and use that key to mark them. They should briefly glow red which can be hard to see in the bright sun (works best in terms of seeing in dungeons). Then strike them. They should go into bleedout and then you inform them of their new status as a slave and you have your first slave. Keeping them from running away and training them (which are actually both part of the same thing come to think of it) are more complicated. THIS is where having a whip is handy for enslaving. The PAHE whip causes minimal damage to your slave (or anyone else on whom you use it). You can strike the slave with the Ebony Blade if you want to and, assuming you didn't kill them, you would achieve the same end. It's the "assuming you didn't kill them" part that makes using the whip so useful.

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Ah, the old 'Immersive Console Command'. I understand all that as a workaround but my question about Farengar's study remains.

I'm currently reconfibulating my load order in preparation to starting a new game so it will be tomorrow at the earliest before I can get into the game.

If you mean "why do I need to go to Fs study" the answer is that you don't. Ever. Not once (I know you don't do vanilla quests so I don't even have to say things like "except after Bleak Falls Barrow.")

28 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you mean "why do I need to go to Fs study" the answer is that you don't. Ever. Not once (I know you don't do vanilla quests so I don't even have to say things like "except after Bleak Falls Barrow.")

Then why does the first line of 'Instructions' on the Nexus page say to go to there and if I don't go there how am I supposed to 'learn' about the existence of slavery? Why did the author of this mod link to it if it is incorrect?

Ignoring the atrocious English, even the second paragraph of Instructions mentions Farengar's.

To enslave someone, simply (actually it's not that easy) attack them until they're nearly dead and go down on one knee, then activate them when they're down. You don't need any specific tools, but you'll find them really hard to keep hold of without the slave collars found on Farengar's desk.

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Then why does the first line of 'Instructions' on the Nexus page say to go to there and if I don't go there how am I supposed to 'learn' about the existence of slavery? Why did the author of this mod link to it if it is incorrect?

Ignoring the atrocious English, even the second paragraph of Instructions mentions Farengar's.

To enslave someone, simply (actually it's not that easy) attack them until they're nearly dead and go down on one knee, then activate them when they're down. You don't need any specific tools, but you'll find them really hard to keep hold of without the slave collars found on Farengar's desk.

Several answers here. First, if you have any sense you will ignore everything about Paradise Halls on Nexus. That is where it started. That is where I learned about it. But, as CliftonJD says she has inherited the mod with the permission of the original author and brought it here to LL. If you blame Worik for teaching me to post properly on LL you can blame CliftonJD for me being here at all. Paradise Halls is what brought me and PAHE is what keeps me (largely). But I digress. Ignore Nexus.

As I told you there are several items in Farengar's study beside the whip. These include enchanted collars, mundane collars (with the items needed to enchant them) and a tome (I believe it is called "Leash Collar" or something of the sort). Once you enslave someone you can place an enchanted collar on them. With the Leash Collar spell you can effectively "nail" them to a spot (as long as they have their collar on). With the more primitive Nexus version of PAH this was, for all practical purposes, your only hope of keeping a slave from running away. It was also, in my opinion, the biggest flaw in mod (which is now much improved - thanks, CliftonJD).

Finally, you're right about trying to enslave people in bleedout. All the other methods are superior. I told you about marking a target (my preferred method). If you check the MCM menu you will find that there are other ways as well (assuming that you do not toggle them off). These include, but are not limited to, enslaving someone who is sleeping (this is particularly handy with named NPCs) and enslaving someone who is paralyzed (this technique is REQUIRED if you play the Quest in Home Sweet Home).

13 minutes ago, Psalam said:

First, if you have any sense you will ignore everything about Paradise Halls on Nexus.

It was Clifton who directed me to the Nexus page (which I'd already looked at). It just dawned on me that I live in an area called Clifton. None of this answers my question. If Farengar's is not needed how do you start the mod/story line?

These things in the study are irelevant if I don't have the esp active - they aren't there.

I'd already done the hotkey and MCM configuring. I used the G key to catch the bandits which featured in my earlier posts.

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

It was Clifton who directed me to the Nexus page (which I'd already looked at). It just dawned on me that I live in an area called Clifton. None of this answers my question. If Farengar's is not needed how do you start the mod/story line?

These things in the study are irelevant if I don't have the esp active - they aren't there.

I'd already done the hotkey and MCM configuring. I used the G key to catch the bandits which featured in my earlier posts.

You're thinking of this all wrong. PAH does NOT have a "quest line." HSH DOES have a quest line and, if you are asking about that, I think it would be prudent to do so on the HSH site. If you start with ASLAL as say, a Thalmor justiciar in Haafingar, you can leave the embassy, console command a whip, and start enslaving random bandits as you walk to Dragonsbridge or Solitude.

7 minutes ago, Psalam said:

You're thinking of this all wrong. PAH does NOT have a "quest line."

I'm not thinking of it wrong though I may have used the wrong phrase. In the original mod I talk to Farengar in the normal course of things and see that he has stuff on his desk/new dialogue options. This kick-starts my involvement in the slavery business.

With no Farengar's study how do I kick-start things. How does my PC know there is slavery in Skyrim?

Mia's Lair - A courier brings you a message and that sets things off . . .

Angrim's Apprentice - Hulda mentions a crazy old wizard who has set up outside town. You decide to investigate . . .

Thing in the Dark - You hear rumours in an inn. You decide to investigate . . .

With this mod it appears that you have to know, a priori, where to go and what to do. If that is the case then fair enough but the description page should tell you this and should be a load of waffle about the old days and crazy Irishmen and irrelevant links. You should also have an alternative source for the whip and other tackle if Farengar's is a non-runner.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'm not thinking of it wrong though I may have used the wrong phrase. In the original mod I talk to Farengar in the normal course of things and see that he has stuff on his desk/new dialogue options. This kick-starts my involvement in the slavery business. 

this has Always been optional, there's Never been any dialog from farengar about slavery in paradise halls 7.3 on nexus.

i don't know about how farengar behaved in 6.x or prior but in paradise halls 7.3, those items are just on farengar's desk thru that very same unchanged esp for farengar's study<<<This part of the mod is Not changed from Layam's mod....That Never was any story line starting slavery or introducing it into skyrim!!!

in my game i have the esp loaded, but i have some 30+ highly trained slaves and have never been to dragons reach to obtain those items yet. i would how ever recommend the dd patches for more collar options. majority of my collars come from cursed loot

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

With no Farengar's study how do I kick-start things. How does my PC know there is slavery in Skyrim?

Mia's Lair - A courier brings you a message and that sets things off . . .

Angrim's Apprentice - Hulda mentions a crazy old wizard who has set up outside town. You decide to investigate . . .

Thing in the Dark - You hear rumours in an inn. You decide to investigate . . .

With this mod it appears that you have to know, a priori, where to go and what to do. If that is the case then fair enough but the description page should tell you this and should be a load of waffle about the old days and crazy Irishmen and irrelevant links. You should also have an alternative source for the whip and other tackle if Farengar's is a non-runner.

First, CliftonJD has, as usual, summed it up.

From my perspective you're still looking at this wrong. With PAHE running you now live in a Skyrim that has always had slavery and accepts it as part of normal life. Yes, from the mods (Fellglow Keep Slaver Camp, HMH and AYGAS) it is frowned upon at first but it is still part of "normal" life. So, no one has to tell you about how to go about being a slaver. You've grown up with it and have the general idea down, much like you know basic blacksmithing or alchemy.

10 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

this has Always been optional, there's Never been any dialog from farengar about slavery in paradise halls 7.3 on nexus. 

i don't know about how farengar behaved in 6.x or prior but in paradise halls 7.3, those items are just on farengar's desk thru that very same unchanged esp for farengar's study<<<This part of the mod is Not changed from Layam's mod....That Never was any story line starting slavery or introducing it into skyrim!!!

in my game i have the esp loaded, but i have some 30+ highly trained slaves and have never been to dragons reach to obtain those items yet. i would how ever recommend the dd patches for more collar options. majority of my collars come from cursed loot

So to sum up. I was correct, the descriptions are gibberish. You provided me with two links, one of which contains information re Farengar which you are now saying is wrong and has always been wrong and the other link sent me back here. All done in the name of 'not re-writing what has already been written'.

I have absolutely no interest in the DD mods and even less intention of installing them.

Hi all, and happy Thanksgiving!

1. A big thank you to CliftonJD for maintaining this mod.

2. The solution to two long-standing issues I'd had with using PAHE and Deadly Wenches together, namely that (1) the DWs are OP and (2) keep their obnoxious dialogues even with fear/respect/submission at 100, is to use "Balance Patches for Deadly Wenches" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87582

Now my wenches are glorious to behold, a pleasure to interact with, and no longer the game-wreaking monsters that made previously using them an exercise in frustration.

Hi, I have done all of the normal steps (I think) to convert this to PH - HSH to SSE. It seemed to work great, but I get a CTD everytime I try and enter the Restless Hunter. I converted all of the animations, ran NIF optimiser and used the Creation kit editor to resave.

Could anyone help me out? This adds so much to Paradise Halls and I miss it! 

4 hours ago, Boad said:

Hi, I have done all of the normal steps (I think) to convert this to PH - HSH to SSE. It seemed to work great, but I get a CTD everytime I try and enter the Restless Hunter. I converted all of the animations, ran NIF optimiser and used the Creation kit editor to resave.

Could anyone help me out? This adds so much to Paradise Halls and I miss it! 

too many mods for me to convert is the whole reason i still use oldrim for playing in. so many mods have bugs in the i spend too much time fixing mods to start conversions....tho 1 of these days i should switch for the extra memory

6 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

So to sum up. I was correct, the descriptions are gibberish. You provided me with two links, one of which contains information re Farengar which you are now saying is wrong and has always been wrong and the other link sent me back here. All done in the name of 'not re-writing what has already been written'.

I have absolutely no interest in the DD mods and even less intention of installing them.

felglow keep will indeed give the collars as the info suggests, consider it a bonus or freebie item giver to leash your slaves sooner/easier.

the only gibberish to seems to be that you've been given several pages to find the info you're looking for and still can't ask in plain english what you're expecting to find but still give us attitude and more drama with so many people eager to help. all of the addons were kept as separate esp's to give those options so if you choose not to install DD mods, you're not required to use them anymore than you're required to use farengar's study or felglow keep. you could even chose to craft your own collars and cuffs to tie the slaves until you can obtain the materials to make leash collars or add "home sweet home" from the recommended links to add story line and train your slaves while you're out catching more.

in the future i plan to add sex training to plugged slaves, but that remains your prerogative not to add that option as felglow keep already gives additional value to sex trained slaves. in my game its just as much risk as it is for them so i recruit them to prevent others from catching me. i see no reason to rationalize slavery in skyrim becuz it takes place in a time frame that was referred to in our own history as the dark ages for good reason. we had many civilizations that would go about enslaving others. we still have a small degree of it to this day, but now law enforcement is strong enough to keep it hush hush and prevent it from growing too large