53 minutes ago, Farmthat said:

I kind of agree. But I do like having the option to invite misfortune. Kinda where you suspect/hope that something's going to happen if you get snarky in a serious conversation or if you decide to pull a mysterious lever despite being told to keep your hands to yourself.

It still hinges on your actions to initiate, but was the consequence of a choice, rather than the only route to make anything happen at all... I'm not sure I'm explaining myself too well.

i think... what l like is that rather than telling your character to, like, just directly enter some crazy bondage machine/device, it's enormously more interesting to remove your actions from the result by a step or two. That's all it takes. Trigger a trap to fall into a device. Push a dialog tree slightly too far, get punished, or just requesting a trial experience, or even simply activating an object knowing that it's forbidden and it may have unknown results.

All of this is essentially FLUFF. Dialog, activators, etc. 

I do want to interface with the prison system to add an option when meeting the warden to choose an experimental rehabilitation program rather than serving time. Seems like the easiest route in as a prisoner. 

Alternatively I think the flier option to allow walk-ins for guard duty will be fine.

I have no shortage of ideas that I'd LOVE to implement, involving guards (or something similar) hunting or (re)capturing the player, I have to be realistic with my time and abilities. 

I would gladly accept help help with the project but I know there are few people out there with the time, skills, or interest.

Yeah its much easier being the ideas guy when it comes to stuff like this, seriously keep up the amazing work between this and the soon to be suited for skyrim you've done so much and im very excited for what you have stored in the future :grin: 

4 hours ago, DragonFly23 said:

May I add a suggestion for this "rehabilitation" program. Let's say this 'volunteer' was a rehabilitating with a full rubber/latex suit with a gag mask, but the interesting part is that the suit trapped her in and forcefully pleasures her. I looked at a deviantart from Rubbermatt that is somewhat like this if you like. https://rubbermatt.deviantart.com/art/China-Doll-596937947

Love Rubbermatt's stuff. He was active here, back around the time I started this mod. The vacbed model I used was actually one he made, if you didn't already know.

I love your idea, of course. It's realistic, for starters, that someone would be legitimately interested in trying the experience the facility has to offer without any of the consequences. So it has that hook. Most people downloading and trying this mod would opt for that scenario, I bet, rather than the reluctant criminal or willing guard route. But off the top of my head I can't think of an elegant way the player would hear about the facility in a... positive way? Nothing that can't be explained though.

The best part about it is when it goes wrong :) so many ways for that to happen and the PC gets more than they bargained for.

Anyway, same issue with limited time and resources however.

On 11/29/2017 at 7:38 AM, Farmthat said:

But off the top of my head I can't think of an elegant way the player would hear about the facility in a... positive way? Nothing that can't be explained though.

You can use approach similar to Trapped In Rubber - mention of great buffs/enjoyment/something else nice in book/rumors/etc

Like "There's material named 'rubber' if worn during bound sex, can greatly improve wearer's stamina and health regeneration. Enthusiast wearers rumored to achieve dragon-like health!"

^_^

On 11/29/2017 at 12:11 AM, Shivax said:

It looks great! Can we interact with ''toys'' in current version or it is just a view for now? I tried to but it seems it doesn't work.

Sorry, at this point you can't really interact/use any devices. The new clothing in the chest--yes! 

The problem is animation. It's one of (the possibly the) most difficult thing to add to skyrim. And for custom furniture, custom poses are required. 

I really hope to be to be able to learn how to make a pose at some point, nothing complicated. But it's fairly far down in priorities despite being pretty high on my wish list, if that makes sense, because of how unlikely I think it'll be easy to learn.

but one day, it will happen. 

On 11/30/2017 at 7:29 AM, notwavman said:

You can use approach similar to Trapped In Rubber - mention of great buffs/enjoyment/something else nice in book/rumors/etc

Like "There's material named 'rubber' if worn during bound sex, can greatly improve wearer's stamina and health regeneration. Enthusiast wearers rumored to achieve dragon-like health!"

^_^

True. Or an NPC somewhere, happy to share glowing reviews... Hmm.

10 hours ago, senlovenima said:

How about make some vampire cattle?Like Volkihar?

Not really my thing I'm afraid. I legitimately had a phobia/nightmares of vampires as a child due my kindergarten reading "buddy" Eddie (who was in second grade) reading me scary stories instead of better things. Eddie was a dick. One of the only people I've ever actually hated in my life.

Ummmm, anyway, I've been over that for decades, but it'll never be something I find sexy with the exception, perhaps, of their fashion sense (i.e Underworld.)

Perhaps more significantly, I'm not that invested in the lore of Dawnguard--I added the expansions after dumping TONS of hours into vanilla skyrim years ago, and mostly as a compatibility requirement for mods I wanted. SO I never got around to actually playing it. I had to google Volkihar :P

That said--I have absolutely no issue with any of my devices/clothing being used for that purpose by another mod if you or someone else would like to run with that!

Here's a thought. Bear with me.

What if there were a mod... where the player is in something like a virtual reality pod, and they're playing skyrim? 

So... the mod alternates the player between "reality" which is a futuristic mod environment and the "game" which is skyrim. 

"Losing" in skyrim might extract the player from the skyrim world for... punishments and training and such in the real world. Scenarios such as dying--obviously, maybe getting imprisoned, or too bound up in devious devices to operate, or any number of scenarios. 

If skyrim is explained as a simulation, it would help with lore issues of modern bondage devices and such existing in world.

I'm not going to adapt this mod to that story, but I love this idea. Maybe set in a near-future world where fortunes can be made off of gaming and unethical industries have grown to profit off the... "sponsorship" of players.

I'd play that.

DD has for it the "ebonite" latex, i absolutely dunno how anyone can alter rock to make latex, but i also dunno how alchemy can alter iron to gold :D ...

SHUT UP ITS MAGIC! o/

Anyway it may be a lovely start for a Fallout 4 bondage themed mod istead of Skyrim ^^

9 hours ago, Farmthat said:

What if there were a mod... where the player is in something like a virtual reality pod, and they're playing skyrim?

It's an interesting idea. But it might be difficult to show the world outside the simulation. You'd need a lot of new assets for that. Skyrim does not come with concrete buildings, cars, computers, modern furniture, asphalt roads, and all the other things that you'd have to show to people. You would have to create assets for a complete new and different world (or find free ones online). If you don't, you'll just trade one potential plausibility problem for another: Instead of "How come there are modern bondage devices in Skyrim?", it would be: "How come the real high-tech world looks more or less exactly like the simulation?"

If skyrim is explained as a simulation, it would help with lore issues of modern bondage devices and such existing in world.

To be honest, that is not much of a problem for me. There are different levels of... let's call them immersion obstacles.

There are elements that you could never reasonably introduce without significantly altering the established setting. Like smartphones, for instance. Real modern technology requires a certain level of industrialization. There is a lot of different technological advances that go into a modern circuit board. You really have to understand the science behind it to make a microchip. It simply would not be believable to have people in Skyrim run around with smartphones. There's no way to make that work if you care about verisimilitude.

On the other hand, there are also things that, while not part of the official canon of lore put out by Bethesda, could very well have been a part of it. Like, for instance, rubber. It's not that complicated a process to make that stuff. It's basically a modification of a natural substance. A process that is not that different from, let's say, tanning leather. Which also uses simple chemicals to alter the chemical structure of the skin. People in ancient times or the middle ages probably didn't understand the chemistry behind it. But they didn't have to. They just had to know that throwing tanning agents like oak bark or gallnuts and animal skins together in a vat would result in leather. It's a simple enough thing to discover by accident or trial-and-error. Is it really that far fetched to claim that in a different pre-industrialized world, people could have discovered the process of rubber vulcanization in a similar fashion? Or leather armbinders. Who's to say that people in the world of Skyrim couldn't have come up with the idea of those? All the materials they need are already there, they just required the idea itself. You don't even need magic to explain this stuff.

This "why couldn't it be" is basically also how Bethesda themselves expand the official lore with every iteration of TES. I don't consider myself an expert in TES lore, but as I understand it, the Soul Cairn and the Ideal Masters that are responsible for black soulgems were only introduced with the Dawnguard expansion. Before that, black soulgems were just another kind of soulgem. Now it's: Hey, we never explicitly stated otherwise, so why couldn't it have been like that from the start?

Sometimes, they even retcon the lore to make it fit. Like the dragons. Prior to Oblivion, Cyrodiil was was a province where dragons were rather common place, according to the books you found. Quote from Pocket Guide to the Empire: "Thousands of workers ply the rice fields after the floodings, or clear the foliage of the surrounding jungle in the alternate seasons. Above them are the merchant-nobility, the temple priests and cult leaders, and the age-old aristocracy of the battlemages. The Emperor watches over them all from the towers of the Imperial City, as dragons circle overhead." That's not the Cyrodiil that was shown in Oblivion, was it? There were no dragons, no rice fields, no jungles, no cult leaders, no battlemage aristocracy. And then, in Skyrim, suddenly there are dragons again. But now, they were gone for a long time and have only just returned.

I'm a big fan of immersion and verisimilitude. And in my own mod, I make an effort to keep things as lore friendly as possible by adding conceivable explanations. But let's be honest: TES was never that super tightly designed setting bristling with inner consistency to begin with. If you can make vanilla Skyrim work for you after you've played Morrowind and Oblivion, you should also be able to handle a couple of fetish items. Particularly if you can fap along to them. ;)

Just my $0.02.

4 hours ago, greyspammer said:

It's an interesting idea. But it might be difficult to show the world outside the simulation. You'd need a lot of new assets for that. Skyrim does not come with concrete buildings, cars, computers, modern furniture, asphalt roads, and all the other things that you'd have to show to people. You would have to create assets for a complete new and different world (or find free ones online). If you don't, you'll just trade one potential plausibility problem for another: Instead of "How come there are modern bondage devices in Skyrim?", it would be: "How come the real high-tech world looks more or less exactly like the simulation?"

To be honest, that is not much of a problem for me. There are different levels of... let's call them immersion obstacles.

There are elements that you could never reasonably introduce without significantly altering the established setting. Like smartphones, for instance. Real modern technology requires a certain level of industrialization. There is a lot of different technological advances that go into a modern circuit board. You really have to understand the science behind it to make a microchip. It simply would not be believable to have people in Skyrim run around with smartphones. There's no way to make that work if you care about verisimilitude.

On the other hand, there are also things that, while not part of the official canon of lore put out by Bethesda, could very well have been a part of it. Like, for instance, rubber. It's not that complicated a process to make that stuff. It's basically a modification of a natural substance. A process that is not that different from, let's say, tanning leather. Which also uses simple chemicals to alter the chemical structure of the skin. People in ancient times or the middle ages probably didn't understand the chemistry behind it. But they didn't have to. They just had to know that throwing tanning agents like oak bark or gallnuts and animal skins together in a vat would result in leather. It's a simple enough thing to discover by accident or trial-and-error. Is it really that far fetched to claim that in a different pre-industrialized world, people could have discovered the process of rubber vulcanization in a similar fashion? Or leather armbinders. Who's to say that people in the world of Skyrim couldn't have come up with the idea of those? All the materials they need are already there, they just required the idea itself. You don't even need magic to explain this stuff.

This "why couldn't it be" is basically also how Bethesda themselves expand the official lore with every iteration of TES. I don't consider myself an expert in TES lore, but as I understand it, the Soul Cairn and the Ideal Masters that are responsible for black soulgems were only introduced with the Dawnguard expansion. Before that, black soulgems were just another kind of soulgem. Now it's: Hey, we never explicitly stated otherwise, so why couldn't it have been like that from the start?

Sometimes, they even retcon the lore to make it fit. Like the dragons. Prior to Oblivion, Cyrodiil was was a province where dragons were rather common place, according to the books you found. Quote from Pocket Guide to the Empire: "Thousands of workers ply the rice fields after the floodings, or clear the foliage of the surrounding jungle in the alternate seasons. Above them are the merchant-nobility, the temple priests and cult leaders, and the age-old aristocracy of the battlemages. The Emperor watches over them all from the towers of the Imperial City, as dragons circle overhead." That's not the Cyrodiil that was shown in Oblivion, was it? There were no dragons, no rice fields, no jungles, no cult leaders, no battlemage aristocracy. And then, in Skyrim, suddenly there are dragons again. But now, they were gone for a long time and have only just returned.

I'm a big fan of immersion and verisimilitude. And in my own mod, I make an effort to keep things as lore friendly as possible by adding conceivable explanations. But let's be honest: TES was never that super tightly designed setting bristling with inner consistency to begin with. If you can make vanilla Skyrim work for you after you've played Morrowind and Oblivion, you should also be able to handle a couple of fetish items. Particularly if you can fap along to them. ;)

Just my $0.02.

greyspammer nailed it.

Personally I've never felt any DD stuff has broken my immersion; not even ebonite (granted I have a thing for latex so...) but in a setting like skyrim ALOT of things can be hand waved as a wizard did it. Magic gives a lot of freedom when it comes to immersion.

I agree, when you have a group of people who can shoot fire, lightning, and ice from their hands, it becomes easy to say "Oh, a wizard decided to say screw reality, let's make something stretchy and durable that is both form fitting and tasteful/tasteless depending on how it is used.  Just because."  All joking aside, that is essentially what I think when I see something that doesn't "fit" perfectly with the game.

7 hours ago, greyspammer said:

Just my $0.02.

I was imagining the world outside of the simulation is actually quite small. A laboratory or such which you never actually leave--so you'd never need a full suite of world assets--just one interior. You could even explain it away by saying it's set in space... Creating a modern/futuristic interior really wouldn't be hard--I could actually build everything in Revit and wash it through 3Ds max with some ease, since it wouldn't require all the chunks to be neatly modular like regular skyrim assets.

Anyway... the vast majority of playtime would still take place within Skyrim, and time outside of skyrim would be--essentially--little more than a death alternative.

Most of the stuff in skyrim doesn't bother me, immersion-wise, either. I'm not a lore stickler... but a simulation explanation would open the gates to any number of devices or situations. Some of my devices and outfits are outlandish already, I'm afraid. The DD gear works, but I prefer a more sci-fi vibe. (Shame fallout 4 is such a bummer of a setting.)

Do you know the Aether Suite? It has modern buildings, appartements, clubs, a photography studio, bathrooms, showers, computers, tablets. It only lacks cars and npcs. But a lot of modern assets are already there. And it has a similar lore: in the center is a hub through which you can access the different areas - and a simulation game named Skyrim.

http://mod.dysintropi.me/

I would love the idea of Skyrim as a game in the game, with punishments outside of Skyrim for failure. It would allow to play the quests normally, with fetish breaks in beetween or after dying. Could be a daymol plugin.

On 11/30/2017 at 1:57 PM, Farmthat said:

Sorry, at this point you can't really interact/use any devices. The new clothing in the chest--yes! 

The problem is animation. It's one of (the possibly the) most difficult thing to add to skyrim. And for custom furniture, custom poses are required. 

I really hope to be to be able to learn how to make a pose at some point, nothing complicated. But it's fairly far down in priorities despite being pretty high on my wish list, if that makes sense, because of how unlikely I think it'll be easy to learn.

but one day, it will happen. 

See if t.ara and the gang working on the zaz annimation pack are willing to help.  They are adding some awesome stuff to the package.

Also, I noticed that this mod has some wild edits in it, particularly the packages, but a few other things as well.  Xedit will help you locate these easily.

On 17.11.2017 at 10:33 PM, LazyBoot said:

I took the liberty of making some locking versions of the dollsuit items with devious keywords on them.

NOTE: This is made using the dev version of DD, so I'm not 100% sure if everything will work properly with the release version or not.

And the only testing I did was: does it equip, show the menus, and unequip.

EDIT: I'll also just mention that I only applied the gag effect to the actual gag.

And also I forgot to add the gag magic effect, so reuploaded.

2nd version: RR_DollsuitDDdev.esp

EDIT2: WARNING, is not updated to work with the DD dev update from today (2017-11-22)!

hey, thx for this!

funny its easy to struggle out of the suit, but hard to get rid of blindfold and gag with DD4

23 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

oops but it works 0.o

okey okey i will be careful =D

The main issue, I think, will be with the struggle animations. Since the way dd4 devices define those changed shortly before the new release. And it was set up as a dd4 device.

7 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

The main issue, I think, will be with the struggle animations. Since the way dd4 devices define those changed shortly before the new release. And it was set up as a dd4 device.

maybe that explaines why i never saw a stuggle animation, every stuggle attempt was instand success (only 3, so much to test around)

weeeelllllll.... if you are bored you might want to use your magic on the doll suit for DD4? :blush:

59 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

maybe that explaines why i never saw a stuggle animation, every stuggle attempt was instand success (only 3, so much to test around)

weeeelllllll.... if you are bored you might want to use your magic on the doll suit for DD4? :blush:

I was mostly waiting for dd4 release, and to see if Farmthat was going to make one. But here's an updated version of the file I posted. It's still just a quick port to DD, so the naming is a bit all over the place.

RR_DollsuitDD4.esp

3 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

I was mostly waiting for dd4 release, and to see if Farmthat was going to make one. But here's an updated version of the file I posted. It's still just a quick port to DD, so the naming is a bit all over the place.

I also haven't bothered actually testing it, but I've updated a mod I actually use the same way, so it should work. But let me know if I broke something. (I'll remove this line once it's confirmed working)

RR_DollsuitDD4.esp

sweet, to skyrim to test! NNM hates me now for sure (install/deinstall/install...hehe)