Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
On 1/19/2024 at 2:46 AM, emily1673 said:
On 1/7/2024 at 10:53 AM, SquatsAreLife said:
  • I wish I could write scripts. A fashion integration for clothes based on keywords would be just mind blowing. It has been suggested before, so nothing new here.

 

To add immersion, it would be great to have a framework mod that works like this:

 

Depending on the following conditions....:

- wearing items with certain keywords

- some papyrus variables set to certain values

- and possibly more...

 

... the player will experience the following:

- Comments by other NPCs

- Player will have "thoughts" (appearing as Notifications)

- Occasionally some Messagebox-Popups appear, to remind the player of something

- and possibly more...

 

An ideally, everything can be customized in .json files (e.g. the text of the notifications and messageboxes, and the frequency of all this happening)

Preferably fully voiced (or have an easy way to add custom voices corresponding the contents of the json files).

 

I did a little bit of that in YPS already (see ypsMessages.json); I know that BoS also as quite a bit.

 

But is there a fully customizable framework mod like this out there?

It should be quite easy to do one for the notifications and messageboxes. Not sure about NPC comments.

I haven't come across a framework like that. These features would be a great addition to YPS though.

Posted
On 1/19/2024 at 1:34 AM, emily1673 said:

By "earlier version" I mean 6.5.4.2, indeed. Because that version has previously worked for you (as you have said).

Now it no longer works either, that means the bug you encounter that you cannot progress past the "sleep in bed" stage may not be caused by 6.5.4.2, and very likely also not by 6.5.5.

Don't know, maybe you have installed some other mod that changes how beds work.

The "bed" mods that I am using are "Go to Bed" which allows the player to actually lie on the bed when sleeping; "Sleep Tight" which affects the clothing, or lack thereof, worn by NPCs when they sleep; and "Sleep for me Now" which allows NPCs to sleep in double beds along with the PC.. The problem is that I have been using these mods since before I began using your mod and it's only recently that I have been having these glitches.

 

Oh, great. You go away for a few days and Bethesda puts out yet another Skyrim update that breaks essential mods. Won't be able to fix my problem until a few essential mods are updated. I'll get back to you once I can play again.

Posted (edited)

Been playing with this mod for a day, I like a lot of features and I also like that a lot of them can be disabled in MCM. What I could not find though, is there a way to disable the "looking pretty", "looking fashionable", etc, buffs? They mess with cum textures on the body and the buff reapplying animation from vanilla skyrim is kind of annoying , plus I don't really care about speechcraft buffs.

p.s.: Fashion additction is disabled in MCM, so I'm guessing it's not what really controls those buffs

Edited by Abbendis
Posted
9 hours ago, Abbendis said:

Been playing with this mod for a day, I like a lot of features and I also like that a lot of them can be disabled in MCM. What I could not find though, is there a way to disable the "looking pretty", "looking fashionable", etc, buffs? They mess with cum textures on the body and the buff reapplying animation from vanilla skyrim is kind of annoying , plus I don't really care about speechcraft buffs.

p.s.: Fashion additction is disabled in MCM, so I'm guessing it's not what really controls those buffs

If you are using a bathing mod, this can affect those messages. I use "Bathing in Skyrim" and as my PC gets dirty, the messages show that he/she is becoming less attractive. Also, for females, the use of cosmetics can affect your PC's status. I believe that the messages are tied to the buffs/debuffs.

Posted
10 minutes ago, KentuckyExpat said:

If you are using a bathing mod, this can affect those messages. I use "Bathing in Skyrim" and as my PC gets dirty, the messages show that he/she is becoming less attractive. Also, for females, the use of cosmetics can affect your PC's status. I believe that the messages are tied to the buffs/debuffs.

 

Yeah, I'm also using Bathing in skyrim (with monoman's tweak) and it happens there too.

However I think I managed to turn it off via disabling "Flavor messages" in "Piercings" submenu of YPS MCM. Or maybe I just broke something, since it's kind of a random place for such setting, didn't have much time to test it.

Posted
23 hours ago, Abbendis said:

 

Yeah, I'm also using Bathing in skyrim (with monoman's tweak) and it happens there too.

However I think I managed to turn it off via disabling "Flavor messages" in "Piercings" submenu of YPS MCM. Or maybe I just broke something, since it's kind of a random place for such setting, didn't have much time to test it.

If "fashion addiction" is disabled in MCM, the fashion buff is considered to be a "buff". Currently it cannot be disabled. (You can turn of its effects by editing the .esp).

I think Monoman's tweak correlated some features of Bathing in Skyrim to some features in YPS (not sure). Any effect on Bathing in Skyrim is beyond the scope of the original YPS mod.

Posted

I might be missing something obvious, but I don't seem to be able to proceed past Quest Stage 1150 in YPS04DibellaFollower.

The quest log states "Very soon the operation will begin. I need to remove my clothes and lay down on the hospital bed. I feel extremely nervous, but also relieved that it will be done very soon."

 

The problem is that I can't figure out where I'm meant to be lying. In the room there are three healing altars and two beds, but none of them are interactable. There are a further five benches and one chair but interacting with them just leads me to sit on them without advancing anything.

 

Does anyone know how to move forwards?

Posted
26 minutes ago, ThrowaHeyNow said:

I might be missing something obvious, but I don't seem to be able to proceed past Quest Stage 1150 in YPS04DibellaFollower.

The quest log states "Very soon the operation will begin. I need to remove my clothes and lay down on the hospital bed. I feel extremely nervous, but also relieved that it will be done very soon."

 

The problem is that I can't figure out where I'm meant to be lying. In the room there are three healing altars and two beds, but none of them are interactable. There are a further five benches and one chair but interacting with them just leads me to sit on them without advancing anything.

 

Does anyone know how to move forwards?

There should be a bed in one corner of the temple. Looking into the temple from the Gildergreen entrance it will be in the far left corner next to a bench.

Posted
11 minutes ago, KentuckyExpat said:

There should be a bed in one corner of the temple. Looking into the temple from the Gildergreen entrance it will be in the far left corner next to a bench.

Perhaps it hasn't spawned in? I'm not seeing anything to the left of the Gildergreen entrance, except for the vanilla bed which can't be used.

20240125113436_1.jpg

20240125113051_1.jpg

20240125113440_1.jpg

Posted
2 hours ago, ThrowaHeyNow said:

Perhaps it hasn't spawned in? I'm not seeing anything to the left of the Gildergreen entrance, except for the vanilla bed which can't be used.

20240125113436_1.jpg

20240125113051_1.jpg

20240125113440_1.jpg

The bed should be in the corner of your first screenshot. When I played this stage earlier today my PC was facing that corner as (s)he was talking to Acolyte Jenssen. As he was telling my PC to go undress and lie down on the bed, the bed appeared, so I'm not sure that waiting for it to spawn will be productive. If you haven't already, you might try reloading your last save.

Posted

Ever since the final sex change operation, my game has begun doing something odd. At first it was only my PC but once she met with her lover, Lena, both of them have experienced random changes in their skin tone, from their normal skin tones through darker tones up to and including black. These changes are fairly brief, lasting a few seconds, but fairly persistent. I'm playing version 6.5.5 on LE. 

Posted
19 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

The bed should be in the corner of your first screenshot. When I played this stage earlier today my PC was facing that corner as (s)he was talking to Acolyte Jenssen. As he was telling my PC to go undress and lie down on the bed, the bed appeared, so I'm not sure that waiting for it to spawn will be productive. If you haven't already, you might try reloading your last save.

 

I tried reloading saves at various points but it didn't seem to spawn in. I chose to skip this stage with the console, and didn't notice any ill effects.

Posted
On 1/25/2024 at 2:06 AM, ThrowaHeyNow said:

Perhaps it hasn't spawned in? I'm not seeing anything to the left of the Gildergreen entrance, except for the vanilla bed which can't be used.

In LE it is a bed.

In SE it is a bench (because I didn't find a suitable bed mesh to use).

Posted

Having now finished the Dibella Quest, I would like to make a suggestion.

 

Lena has been subtly and, on occasion, not so subtly, pushing your PC in the direction of becoming a woman. The encouragement to try the makeup, her reaction to your PC’s pierced earring misadventure, her positive reaction to your PC’s involuntary breast surgery. At every stage her reaction has been “Oh, Wow! Don’t you make a beautiful woman?” When she tells your PC that the priestess in Markarth wants to see you, I believe that she has a good idea what the conversation will be about. When your PC returns after being offered the opportunity to have gender change surgery, (s)he flirts with Lena. This leads to your PC and Lena to agreeing to become lovers. Here is the point where, in my opinion, the story doesn’t make sense. Lena is fully aware of what is under the “Belt of Female Curves”. She, in all likelihood, also knows, or suspects, what the priestess encouraged your PC to do. So why the hesitancy to tell Lena that your PC has decided to go through with the surgery? The current scenario makes sense if your PC is hooking up with Ray. He’s clueless as to your PC’s actual sex, but Lena already knows.

 

And once he, now she, returns to Lena, rather than the [try flirting] sequence,. a more natural follow through would be for her to simply tell Lena that the change is complete so now they can fully enjoy their mutual love without the Belt.

 

I realize that this is the final Alpha stage and so subject to revision. Just wanted to offer what I thought would be a more natural ending, at least with Lena.

Posted
10 minutes ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Having now finished the Dibella Quest, I would like to make a suggestion.

 

Lena has been subtly and, on occasion, not so subtly, pushing your PC in the direction of becoming a woman. The encouragement to try the makeup, her reaction to your PC’s pierced earring misadventure, her positive reaction to your PC’s involuntary breast surgery. At every stage her reaction has been “Oh, Wow! Don’t you make a beautiful woman?” When she tells your PC that the priestess in Markarth wants to see you, I believe that she has a good idea what the conversation will be about. When your PC returns after being offered the opportunity to have gender change surgery, (s)he flirts with Lena. This leads to your PC and Lena to agreeing to become lovers. Here is the point where, in my opinion, the story doesn’t make sense. Lena is fully aware of what is under the “Belt of Female Curves”. She, in all likelihood, also knows, or suspects, what the priestess encouraged your PC to do. So why the hesitancy to tell Lena that your PC has decided to go through with the surgery? The current scenario makes sense if your PC is hooking up with Ray. He’s clueless as to your PC’s actual sex, but Lena already knows.

 

And once he, now she, returns to Lena, rather than the [try flirting] sequence,. a more natural follow through would be for her to simply tell Lena that the change is complete so now they can fully enjoy their mutual love without the Belt.

 

I realize that this is the final Alpha stage and so subject to revision. Just wanted to offer what I thought would be a more natural ending, at least with Lena.

Older posts by Emily have mentioned that Lena has already been through the quest herself. This hasn't been mentioned in recent messages so this may have changed.

Posted

Hi there.

I'm trying to translate this mod by using the xTranslation. However when I translate some .pex file some functions stop working in the game. For example I've tried to translate "YpsHeelsNio.pex" then the speed decrease when wearing heels just not working. I don' know if there'll be any other function error when I use the translated mod playing the game. Is there any way to avoid such problems?

Here's the translated file.

YpsHeelsNio.pex

Posted
On 1/19/2024 at 8:46 AM, emily1673 said:

To add immersion, it would be great to have a framework mod that works like this:

 

Depending on the following conditions....:

- wearing items with certain keywords

- some papyrus variables set to certain values

- and possibly more...

 

... the player will experience the following:

- Comments by other NPCs

- Player will have "thoughts" (appearing as Notifications)

- Occasionally some Messagebox-Popups appear, to remind the player of something

- and possibly more...

 

Great to hear, I was doing a lot of armor keywording in the past, it would be awesome if this mod could react to those too!

Posted
On 1/30/2024 at 12:25 AM, KentuckyExpat said:

Having now finished the Dibella Quest, I would like to make a suggestion.

 

Lena has been subtly and, on occasion, not so subtly, pushing your PC in the direction of becoming a woman. The encouragement to try the makeup, her reaction to your PC’s pierced earring misadventure, her positive reaction to your PC’s involuntary breast surgery. At every stage her reaction has been “Oh, Wow! Don’t you make a beautiful woman?” When she tells your PC that the priestess in Markarth wants to see you, I believe that she has a good idea what the conversation will be about. When your PC returns after being offered the opportunity to have gender change surgery, (s)he flirts with Lena. This leads to your PC and Lena to agreeing to become lovers. Here is the point where, in my opinion, the story doesn’t make sense. Lena is fully aware of what is under the “Belt of Female Curves”. She, in all likelihood, also knows, or suspects, what the priestess encouraged your PC to do. So why the hesitancy to tell Lena that your PC has decided to go through with the surgery? The current scenario makes sense if your PC is hooking up with Ray. He’s clueless as to your PC’s actual sex, but Lena already knows.

 

And once he, now she, returns to Lena, rather than the [try flirting] sequence,. a more natural follow through would be for her to simply tell Lena that the change is complete so now they can fully enjoy their mutual love without the Belt.

 

I realize that this is the final Alpha stage and so subject to revision. Just wanted to offer what I thought would be a more natural ending, at least with Lena.

You have already given the answer: We are still in alpha. I know that the quest dialogues have some inconsistencies, and plan to polish them out once the main line of the quest is finished (which should be 2-3 quest updates from now).

 

On 1/30/2024 at 9:50 AM, monsta88 said:

 

Great to hear, I was doing a lot of armor keywording in the past, it would be awesome if this mod could react to those too!

Seems there is no mod like this. I plan to add this feature soon (not in the next update though). But only the keyword/papyrus-triggered "player thoughts"; no NPC comments, also no voice-overs, because I don't know any easy way to implement them.

 

On 1/30/2024 at 12:39 PM, zato770 said:

I have finally released my improved makeup textures for this mod! feel free to include them.

Wonderful, thanks! If I may, I would include the downloads in this mod. But I encourage you to keep up your own mod link, because it will be easier for you for maintenance.

 

On 1/30/2024 at 7:35 PM, zittonⅡ said:

Look at this new mod, add some new hairstyles which look very well.Modular SMP Hairstyles at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Nice hairstyles! Now we just need to find someone who will create a corresponding hair configuration file for YPS.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, emily1673 said:

Wonderful, thanks! If I may, I would include the downloads in this mod. But I encourage you to keep up your own mod link, because it will be easier for you for maintenance.

Feel free to. Feel free to give me feedback, or even include it in the original mod, or use my PSD files.

 

Not sure if it's relevant, but the mascara tiers in the files also look awesome. I created them for Spank That Ass, but could be integrated into to your mod also.

Edited by zato770
Posted
On 1/31/2024 at 1:01 PM, emily1673 said:

You have already given the answer: We are still in alpha. I know that the quest dialogues have some inconsistencies, and plan to polish them out once the main line of the quest is finished (which should be 2-3 quest updates from now).

 

My bad. For some reason I thought your last update was the final before Beta. Obviously that's what I thought when I thought wrong.

Posted (edited)

Okay, with very deep apologies to the people who downloaded the previous one (not sure what happened, but it didn't have any of my changes), here is the correctly updated "default" json that has the expanded 21 spots instead of the old 19.

 

i noticed the editable default .json where you can set the styles you want to use is still on 19 lines instead of the expanded 21 so i added the other two (floor length and rapunzel). feel free to add it if you like. it has the styles i use but, of course, you can switch to your own preferences.

 

/data/SKSE/ypsFashion/ypsHairDefault.json, if you're trying to find it. unless you're using vortex or MO, of course. :) 

 

ypsHairDefault.json

Edited by jfraser
Posted
23 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

My bad. For some reason I thought your last update was the final before Beta. Obviously that's what I thought when I thought wrong.

Nothing bad. Actually I started to work on the quest already 5 years ago, with some longer breaks in between. Now the main quest line is 95% done, but it will still take a little while.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...