Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I really like the thoughts system as you outline it, especially if it'd allow people not writing full mods to create thoughts for conditions triggered by various mods.

 

Like, if I could write or edit a .json with that triggered from - say - Devious Followers willpower and all I'd have to know is the right variable name, then I think quite a lot of fun could be had with that.

Edited by Anunya
Posted
On 2/9/2024 at 11:08 AM, emily1673 said:

Or maybe the (de)buffs from the addiction aren't strong enough? If the fashion features would be really expensive, and the (de)buffs would be really strong (something like health and mana regeneration rate), then you would have a treadmill.

I don't think the flood vs treadmill problem can be 'fixed' by any one thing, there are just things that make it better or worse.  Many changes might have significant tradeoffs that make it not worthwhile.  I don't want to sell any of these ideas as "the best way to do things" but more as "ideas with some benefits." 

 

Universal buffs fashion buffs:

Spoiler

In regards to buff strengths, the current system is fairly linear and the decrease is as well.  If you are trying to maximize your "bonus hours" it ends up makes a lot of sense to stack everything asap, that way you get +5 the first hour +4 the seconds, +3, +2 +1 for a total of +15  bonus hours (made up numbers).  If you incrementally add fashion features you end up getting +1 the first hours, +1 the second ect.  for a total of +5 bonus hours before addiction catches up with your maximum maintainable fashion level. 

 

A system that instead gives diminishing returns might work better.  If you reward the PC relatively heavily for only slightly exceeding their addiction/fashion balance point and less and less for many levels above, then there is less incentive to flood.  This obviously doesn't entirely the flood incentive as with no other changes, you would still receive the maximum 'bonus hours'  by equipping everything all at once.  This change would however give more opportunity for other disincentives like gold cost and time consumption to compete.

 

The opposite of this is true for addiction debuffs.  The ideal there is for the PC to be desire to use fashion features no matter where they are on the spectrum and regardless of if they can reach a certain threshold.  You don't want to create a situation where "my addiction is at -5 and I can only get makeup right now so why bother"

 

To really fix the 'bonus hours' dilemma you may want to consider having the rate of addiction gain scale with items worn.  For example a PC wearing 2 fashion features with 0 addiction would see an addiction increase in 2 days game time (made up numbers), whereas a PC wearing 5 fashion features with 0 addiction would see their addiction level increase in 1 day of game time.  This when combined with diminishing returns on buffs makes the 'buff hour' optimizing strategy to play the treadmill game and slowly adopt an increasing number of fashion features.

 

Individual item addiction:

Spoiler

An alternative way to frame addiction would be to track addiction on a per feature.  For example a PC that wears nail polish would gain 'nail polish addiction' after 2 in game days.  If the PC wears nail polish and makeup, they would gain nail polish addiction AND makeup addiction after 2 in game days.   This would basically create the same experience as before where a player that floods every fashion feature would end up with a PC receiving few if any bonuses.

 

Now that is not individually any better of a design (in fact it might be worse due to being harder to implement), but it would give you a few more levers to pull. It might in combination with assigning different fashion feature different impacts. 

 

In general I would like to see addiction be a trap that the player actually wants to fall in.  The buffs short term need to be worth getting involved in (or at least good enough for a willing player to pretend they are worth it) and the long run return should be at least in some ways negative.  My preferred use for this mod usually involve my PC getting sucked into fashion addiction to the point where it's vapid impracticality begins to interfere with her being an adventurer (and then various loverslab things happen).

 

Other gameplay interactions with fashion addiction:

Spoiler

dresscodes:  It would be cool to have area's require specific fashion items a sort of gateway into using items.  These could be kept really simple with just a few lines from a bouncer or noble or something, and then picking a single appropriate feature for the area.  Something like getting your hair done for the tavern, or wearing heels at the jarls palace.  Alternatively you could make the town have influence about the requirements, maybe high heels are really big in solitude or makeup in riften.  You honestly could almost get away without any enforcement mechanism, just a guy/girl that insults you once if you don't have it.  The cool part about this is that you could have it increase the players addiction to represent them suddenly feeling the need to be more dressed up.

 

Influencers: Similar idea but as a roadside encounter.  For example you encounter a girl on the road wearing makeup, she delivers some dialogue about how great it is, and the pc gets an addiction increase.  Super simple but gives great role play opportunities.  Maybe also make them vendors for whatever fashion item they are showing off?  You can create different flavors of incluencers ranging from elegant noblewomen to vapid bimbos.  I have a personal love for the idea of a thalmor agent trying to get all the nord ladies addicted to high heels to the point where they foolishly start wearing them into battle.

 

 

Posted

Yeah on the gold sink thing, I hope that prices are generally kept low (or configurable) as I tend to play games where the PC does not have a lot of money available :) 

Posted

Oh, and a question - is there a debug/ command to set your character's pubic hair and armpit hair? I'd like her to start the game with her being a little more "natural" and unshaven :) 

Posted
8 hours ago, Anunya said:

Oh, and a question - is there a debug/ command to set your character's pubic hair and armpit hair? I'd like her to start the game with her being a little more "natural" and unshaven :) 

That's default. It starts at full length and only grows if you shave it. You just need to wait for a few minutes for it to grow to max length after enabling it.

Posted
10 hours ago, Anunya said:

Oh, and a question - is there a debug/ command to set your character's pubic hair and armpit hair? I'd like her to start the game with her being a little more "natural" and unshaven :) 

There is a modevent to set armpit/pubic hair length, look here.

But afaik, modevents can only be called from a script, not from console.

Posted
2 hours ago, Balgin said:

That's default. It starts at full length and only grows if you shave it. You just need to wait for a few minutes for it to grow to max length after enabling it.

 

Ah! Thanks, good to know... I'm still in the process of setting up my mod list so I didn't wait for that to happen. That's perfect then :) 

Posted (edited)

Request: Option for instant removal/equipping of piercings(since you have it for other features) if it's possible. I know it's called immersive piercing but all the waiting doesn't add anything to gameplay and the text gets boring when you've already seen it.

 

Also, the mod doesn't uninstall cleanly since the speech buff will linger and remain on re-install(meaning a double speech buff). I solved it by setting the buff I had to 0, but to prevent this from happening you could include a way to dispel it with the "remove all yps tattoos" button and call it "remove all yps features". I don't think it needs to remove items in the players inventory though, because they get deleted anyway, but doesn't hurt if it's not too much fuss.

Edited by RoninDog
Posted

I've had a problem for awhile now with the mod never seeming to actually apply the makeup textures, I have all the requirements like slavetats 1.3.7 and the soundtexture pack and theres room for the overlays but neither eyeshadow or lipstick textures are shown, I get the buffs and debuffs and the animation plays fine but nothing shows up on my characters face. I need to go into slavetats and manually apply them there and then they will show but always slightly miscoloured. have had this problem through multiple versions aswell, and really need help to get this to work again.

Posted
5 hours ago, nonameo said:

I've had a problem for awhile now with the mod never seeming to actually apply the makeup textures, I have all the requirements like slavetats 1.3.7 and the soundtexture pack and theres room for the overlays but neither eyeshadow or lipstick textures are shown, I get the buffs and debuffs and the animation plays fine but nothing shows up on my characters face. I need to go into slavetats and manually apply them there and then they will show but always slightly miscoloured. have had this problem through multiple versions aswell, and really need help to get this to work again.

 

Try going into the Slavetats MCM and hit the "import / update / load slavetats" button (I forget exactly what it's called). Maybe exit and save and load and hit it again.

 

Slavetats / YPS is a bit squirrely for me once in a while but that usually fixes it.

Posted (edited)

A few problems/issues. The Fashion Addiction option in the MCM is disabled but something from that option seems to be causing a problem. My PC has a negative 10 for current fashion even though she is wearing lipstick, nail polish, eye shadow, stockings and perfume. If I check the "Magic" option (press Tab/click on Magic, choose rightmost option) she is "Ugliest girl in Tamriel" and has a negative 38 debuff. Isn't this one of the debuffs for Addiction? Since I'm not using Addiction, why is it affecting my PC? I would note that the mod, "Bathing in Skyrim", also does Speech debuffs, but taking a bath clears the debuffs and gives the player a Speech buff... and my PC just had a bath.

Other problem - the stockings that Lena gave my PC used to show in her inventory but they no longer do, even though she is still wearing them. I tried doing the "Delete all Slavetats" (or whatever the actual wording is) but nothing occurs; and yes, Slavetats is working. I get the message when I first load the game about waiting for Slavetats to finish working on my PC.

 

Third issue, almost certainly not related to The Dibella Quest but hopefully someone knows what might be causing it. My PC, the Sunflower fashionistas and some random innkeepers have suddenly had their bodies turn bright blue. Not their heads or feet or hands, just their bodies. Very strange.

Edited by KentuckyExpat
Clarify some items
Posted
3 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

A few problems/issues. The Fashion Addiction option in the MCM is disabled but something from that option seems to be causing a problem. My PC has a negative 10 for current fashion even though she is wearing lipstick, nail polish, eye shadow, stockings and perfume. If I check the "Magic" option (press Tab/click on Magic, choose rightmost option) she is "Ugliest girl in Tamriel" and has a negative 38 debuff. Isn't this one of the debuffs for Addiction? Since I'm not using Addiction, why is it affecting my PC? I would note that the mod, "Bathing in Skyrim", also does Speech debuffs, but taking a bath clears the debuffs and gives the player a Speech buff... and my PC just had a bath.

Other problem - the stockings that Lena gave my PC used to show in her inventory but they no longer do, even though she is still wearing them. I tried doing the "Delete all Slavetats" (or whatever the actual wording is) but nothing occurs; and yes, Slavetats is working. I get the message when I first load the game about waiting for Slavetats to finish working on my PC.

 

Third issue, almost certainly not related to The Dibella Quest but hopefully someone knows what might be causing it. My PC, the Sunflower fashionistas and some random innkeepers have suddenly had their bodies turn bright blue. Not their heads or feet or hands, just their bodies. Very strange.

 

Posted

You can go from prettiest to ugliest from just one thing. Are your toenails painted as well? I did some testing and the only ones that caused the big drop was either nails or the lipstick or eyeshadow. Otherwise for now you could type in help ugliest and remove that spell and see it it reappears. Try buying a new set of stockings and see if that works. Maybe reinstall your textures part of the mod for the color issue.

Posted

Can't do toenails because the game won't allow it if you are wearing stockings... and I can't remove the stockings because they re no longer shown in her inventory.

 

Will try with the reinstall for the textures.

Posted
On 2/11/2024 at 2:58 PM, emily1673 said:

There is a modevent to set armpit/pubic hair length, look here.

But afaik, modevents can only be called from a script, not from console.

How would I go about setting this up prior to a new start?

Posted
On 2/12/2024 at 9:27 PM, Anunya said:

 

Try going into the Slavetats MCM and hit the "import / update / load slavetats" button (I forget exactly what it's called). Maybe exit and save and load and hit it again.

 

Slavetats / YPS is a bit squirrely for me once in a while but that usually fixes it.

if you mean the add/remove tattoos in the setup part of the mcm, then i have already tried that plenty of times, and I know they are loaded becasue I can apply them in face tattoos fine, they just don't get applied by yps for some reason.

Posted
22 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Can't do toenails because the game won't allow it if you are wearing stockings... and I can't remove the stockings because they re no longer shown in her inventory.

 

Will try with the reinstall for the textures.

 

Posted

In that case try this little gem of a trick. Remove all your items and put them in a safe place. Don't worry about quest items they will stay in place. Open console and type player.removeallitems and hit enter. I use it when one of my mods puts an item with missing name in my enchant list and I want it gone. The toenails are definitely the problem.

Posted
On 2/11/2024 at 11:03 PM, RoninDog said:

Request: Option for instant removal/equipping of piercings(since you have it for other features) if it's possible. I know it's called immersive piercing but all the waiting doesn't add anything to gameplay and the text gets boring when you've already seen it.

 

Also, the mod doesn't uninstall cleanly since the speech buff will linger and remain on re-install(meaning a double speech buff). I solved it by setting the buff I had to 0, but to prevent this from happening you could include a way to dispel it with the "remove all yps tattoos" button and call it "remove all yps features". I don't think it needs to remove items in the players inventory though, because they get deleted anyway, but doesn't hurt if it's not too much fuss.

As for instant removal: Do you mean the slavetat piercings? This won't work, because adding/removing slavetats needs a few seconds.

Normal piercing items can instantly be removed or worn (if needed, disable the piercing monitor in MCM).

 

As for uninstall: Generally, it is not a good idea to uninstall a mod during mid-gameplay, much less to re-install it later on. I might think to add a debug option to remove the fashion (de)buff manually.

 

On 2/14/2024 at 1:55 AM, KentuckyExpat said:

A few problems/issues. The Fashion Addiction option in the MCM is disabled but something from that option seems to be causing a problem. My PC has a negative 10 for current fashion even though she is wearing lipstick, nail polish, eye shadow, stockings and perfume. If I check the "Magic" option (press Tab/click on Magic, choose rightmost option) she is "Ugliest girl in Tamriel" and has a negative 38 debuff. Isn't this one of the debuffs for Addiction? Since I'm not using Addiction, why is it affecting my PC? I would note that the mod, "Bathing in Skyrim", also does Speech debuffs, but taking a bath clears the debuffs and gives the player a Speech buff... and my PC just had a bath.

Other problem - the stockings that Lena gave my PC used to show in her inventory but they no longer do, even though she is still wearing them. I tried doing the "Delete all Slavetats" (or whatever the actual wording is) but nothing occurs; and yes, Slavetats is working. I get the message when I first load the game about waiting for Slavetats to finish working on my PC.

Fashion addiction: Does this persist when you activate the addiction system?

Stockings: The stocking system got revamped by Monoman, and was included into this mod. Maybe that causes the issue. Does the problem persist with a new savegame?

 

Posted (edited)

At this point I think one of my mods is badly interacting with YPS and deleting some of the dialogue options.

How are you supposed to get your ears pierced?
 

edit: Ok literally no functions of the mod work now I'm about to turn into the joker

 

edit2:I loaded an old save and its modlist and can confirm that something just straight broke yps on my most recent save. Gonna do some troubleshooting to find out the problem mod, or problem mcm configuration. For reference, none of the YPS items do anything, and the only dialogue that actually shows a text box is the one for examining your hair. Girl talk also doesn't show up at all.

 

(Hopefully) Final Edit:Found the mod. It was somehow preventing YPS from properly initializing on a new game, effectively turning the mod into a brick. It was comically hard to track down because removing it from an existing save or adding it didn't change anything.

 

 

Edited by finalhg800
Posted

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but has there ever been any interest in implementing mods such as Satisfactory Piercings into yps piercings? I think it's only on SE and I know development for this mod favors LE but it is by far the best wearable facial piercing mod I've found, so with my almost 0 modding knowledge I don't know how easy it would be to translate to both versions of yps if possible at all. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there just in case or if anyone on SE wants to try it with yps, I can't go without both in my load order anymore lol.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, emily1673 said:

As for instant removal: Do you mean the slavetat piercings? This won't work, because adding/removing slavetats needs a few seconds.

Normal piercing items can instantly be removed or worn (if needed, disable the piercing monitor in MCM).

 

As for uninstall: Generally, it is not a good idea to uninstall a mod during mid-gameplay, much less to re-install it later on. I might think to add a debug option to remove the fashion (de)buff manually.

 

Fashion addiction: Does this persist when you activate the addiction system?

Stockings: The stocking system got revamped by Monoman, and was included into this mod. Maybe that causes the issue. Does the problem persist with a new savegame?

 

 

I know removing mods mid-playthrough is not a good practice, but I had to do it because the piercing system was bugged in my game and I had an old version. Re-installing did the trick but I also had to be careful about removing/resetting any existing features manually. Then you can use savecleaner to clear out remaining scripts after unstalling. My game is fine right now.

Edited by RoninDog
Posted
4 hours ago, anonymous515 said:

Chest piercings aren't showing. Does body need to be CBBE, not CBBE HDT or any other variant?

Sometimes slavetat piercings are not showing up. Frequent reloading might help.

Or use the HDT piercing sets:

 

Posted
11 hours ago, anonymous515 said:

Chest piercings aren't showing. Does body need to be CBBE, not CBBE HDT or any other variant?

It's hit or miss. I'm on SE with 3BA and the Torso piercings are the only ones actually getting applied for me. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...