Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
On 9/2/2023 at 11:09 PM, SquatsAreLife said:

This occurred to me as well, while I created the voice pack. The Dibella Quest is very realistic for a MtF transition. To stay with that theme there would need to be some voice training or a "voice feminization surgery".

 

I'm not sure how many will ultimately play with the DBVO mod and voice pack and whether Emily wants to go through the trouble of implementing a solution. I have decided for myself to role play that part a bit  and start using a female voice with putting on the bra and girdle. To pass as a woman the character has to try and sound like one anyway. I would not want to run around with bra and girdle and sound like Geralt the Witcher. That would not do.

 

I could imagine that the character raises this concern at the beginning before equipping the bra and girdle "But I don't even sound like a woman" and Lena has a solution, like a potion, spray or a spell she casts.

 

I play with the DBVO mod exclusively as I like the immersion it gives me, even though it is far from perfect. In a couple of weeks I'll make a male DBVO voice pack, when I have free characters to synthesize with Elevenlabs again. Switching voice packs during game play is easily done in MCM.

 

On 9/3/2023 at 1:44 AM, KentuckyExpat said:

I wonder if there is some way to "automate" the voice change, so to speak. Some action occurs and the system changes the voice pack. You would start with the male voice pack running and when the change takes place - whether a spell, a potion or whatever - our guy now sounds like a girl. Not sure how difficult that might be to implement... may need some serious programming skills.

You would need to have already determined in the MCM which voice pack would used for the male and which for the female, assuming there is more than one of each.

Yes, for the time being it is best to install the female voice pack upon changing forms. I don't even know how it might be technically possible to switch them automatically or in MCM.

 

On 9/3/2023 at 4:20 AM, anonymous515 said:

 

YPS was started 7 years ago and the Dibella Quest isn't even completed yet. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just that feature creep comments like "add and actively maintain an entire voice pack" can be really tough for mod creators already under heavy workloads. To me, the support right now should be going towards finishing the mod so it's actually in the less than 10% of LoversLab mods on this forum that are actually marked "Done." Tacking on more weight to a horse that hasn't even reached its destination yet is just asking for that horse to collapse and for everything to be lost. Like what has happened to 90% of the mods on this forum.

 

Once the Dibella Quest has reached its conclusion, time will be available to be put towards proper, bug-free implementation of new features, depending on what the mod author wants to do. I think everyone can agree finishing the main section of the mod is what comes first

The Dibella Quest is "only" 5 years old, and there have been long external interruptions in development. But yes, it is an ultra long quest (> 100 stages), which is not finished yet. But believe it or not: There has always been a plan for the quest, which I am still following through (just making some smaller changes here and then upon implementation – often I get some funny new ideas when writing the dialog). Fortunately, we have been making some serious progress in the last few months, so the end is really very close right now (I think there are about 10 quest stages left). It will still take some time though (I guess a few months), because I am busy with other things in my "real life" and need to take a break from modding for at least 3-4 weeks.

However, it makes sense to add the voice packs already at this stage. One reason is to do some testing, the other is that it solves a bug in SE, causing dialogues to pass by too quickly.

The mod will never be really "done", because there are still so many features that could be improved or added; the list is so long that it could keep me busy at least until TES 6 comes out.

A challenge is also that this mod has so complex that it is easy to break one feature when working on another one. I have even myself forgotten how some things work.

 

Thank you all for your feedback! It is really fine to post ideas on the forums, just be patient if I don't reply to everybody immediately, and even more patient if you want to see an idea implemented.

Posted

Does anyone have by any chance a custom hair setup with HDT hairs? Wanted to set it up myself but it's extremely slow unless there is a way to check hair IDs without console.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, emily1673 said:

The Dibella Quest is "only" 5 years old, and there have been long external interruptions in development. But yes, it is an ultra long quest (> 100 stages), which is not finished yet. But believe it or not: There has always been a plan for the quest, which I am still following through (just making some smaller changes here and then upon implementation – often I get some funny new ideas when writing the dialog). Fortunately, we have been making some serious progress in the last few months, so the end is really very close right now (I think there are about 10 quest stages left). It will still take some time though (I guess a few months), because I am busy with other things in my "real life" and need to take a break from modding for at least 3-4 weeks.

Thankyou Emily. I was going to go back and check version numbers (I think it was around version 4.2 of the mod) but I didn't want to comment because you might come in and say that the Dibella quest was always planned to be the main focus of the mod even 'though it wasn't added in 'til later.

 

There's been a lot of discussion about adding a voice pack to make the player speak their lines. I'm honestly not happy with that. I read the lines in my head at the speed of speech before picking one. I don't need to hear it in my head a second time after picking it. That's like repetition. It also robs me of the power of paraphrasing if I feel the words don't quite suit my character. I also imagine a voice for my character and the voice pack might sound distinctly wrong in many ways. Although the voice sounding "wrong" and alien to the player might actually enhance immersion with this particular quest.

 

If a voice pack is added then please make it optional. I probably would try it out at least once to see how strongly it affected my immersion but I don't know how many times I'd use it after that.

 

Quote

The mod will never be really "done", because there are still so many features that could be improved or added; the list is so long that it could keep me busy at least until TES 6 comes out.

Yep. I'm trying to avoid making any suggestions before the Dibella quest is done. Also it sounds like you've got plenty of ideas already.

Edited by Balgin
Posted

Hi,
Is there an animation when the pc brushes its hair?
In my games the pc makes a sexy animation of another mod when i use the brush.
I don't see a dar or other animation folder in your mod.
how is this supposed to work?
Thanks.

Posted

OK. While I have been playing this mod in SE, I decided a couple of days ago to try it in LE. One thing that I found in SE was that the bra and belt don't show when my PC equips them. I remarked on this earlier and was told that they were supposed to be visible so, since this problem occurs on both of my SE installations, I thought, "why not see if it works in LE?" So I created a new character in LE and started adventuring. Got him up to level 8 and then began the Dibella quest. He met with Lena, went to Solitude as a male, got turned down by Yolga(?) because she only sells those cosmetics to women, then returned to Lena with the news . She offered the bra and belt and after hesitating, he puts them on, bra first. Voila! The bra appears as advertised. Next he put on the belt. Again, it appears, at least momentarily before the game began the transformation to a female appearance. Oddly though, once I had created the female version of my guy, she was nude, no bra and no belt. This persisted until later in the mod after the unintended breast augmentation surgery when both items re-appeared.

Another oddity occurred.  The hair cut stages in the SE version worked as expected. Not so in the LE version. After getting a new hair style from the stylist in Riften, her hair was still the original color. However, one time after getting the hair styling I happened to notice, while she was bathing, that she had no pubic hair. Now the setting in the yps MCM was for hair growth in the armpits and pubic area so I checked SOS. Sure enough, the setting there was for "No Schlong". I changed that to "Pubic Hair Wild" and, when I went back to check she now had a generous crop of pink pubic hair as well as a head of pink hair.

Posted

Hi,
I can't configure hair growth so that it works with my custom selection.
Whatever i do it always comes back to me the hairstyle ks hairdos smp, even if i delete all the preconfigured json files )= ...
I don't understand why these hairstyles continue to appear even though i have removed them. I looked in the esp but i don't see anything that references the ks hairdos hairstyles.
In the plugins ypsfashion folder i only kept:
ypsHairDatabase
ypsHairgrowthDatabase
ypsCustomStyles
ypsMessages
ypsData
[dint999] HairPack02.esp

 

I configured each hairstyle in the mcm menu by referring to racemenu (it was long :)) to make the custom file.
When i go to the hairdresser it works but when the hair grows it changes to a ks hairdos cut which is however not referenced anywhere in my json files.
Here are my custom files and ypsHairgrowthDatabase.
It would be great if someone could help me figure out what's wrong.
Thanks.ypsHairgrowthDatabase.jsonypsCustomStyles.json

Posted

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but is there some way to have the random name assignment modified so that the random name is one that would conceivably be consistent with the character's race? Doesn't seem likely that a Nord woman would be assigned a Breton name. I mean how many Nord women are named Deirdre? Or Imperial women named Brunhilde?

 

Posted
7 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but is there some way to have the random name assignment modified so that the random name is one that would conceivably be consistent with the character's race? Doesn't seem likely that a Nord woman would be assigned a Breton name. I mean how many Nord women are named Deirdre? Or Imperial women named Brunhilde?

 

I would really appreciate this too. In theory the Nords would only give you a Nordic name (although they might have a few non Nordic names available). But having the random name chosen from a list by race instead of merely gender would be vastly appreciated. This would mess with custom races, however. Would custom races just default to Nord? Maybe the MCM could have a "race for random names" dropdown setting for custom races to make use of (with it defaulting to nords if you didn't set it).

 

Obviously this idea is more of a "do it after the main quest is finished" kind of thing rather than a "do it right now" kind of thing. This is, in fact, just the kind of suggestion that I've been holding back so as not to slow down the main quest progression. I'm so glad someone else thought of it too.

Posted
15 hours ago, Balgin said:

I would really appreciate this too. In theory the Nords would only give you a Nordic name (although they might have a few non Nordic names available). But having the random name chosen from a list by race instead of merely gender would be vastly appreciated. This would mess with custom races, however. Would custom races just default to Nord? Maybe the MCM could have a "race for random names" dropdown setting for custom races to make use of (with it defaulting to nords if you didn't set it).

 

Obviously this idea is more of a "do it after the main quest is finished" kind of thing rather than a "do it right now" kind of thing. This is, in fact, just the kind of suggestion that I've been holding back so as not to slow down the main quest progression. I'm so glad someone else thought of it too.

No question that it's an "after the main quest is done" kind of change.

 

BTW, does anyone (other than Emily) have a clue as to what ""a bit of lubrication running down your leg" might be?

Posted
3 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

BTW, does anyone (other than Emily) have a clue as to what ""a bit of lubrication running down your leg" might be?

Urine? Either that or it's some sort of bizzarre semen dribble without a proper ejaculation. Or a combination of the two.

Posted
10 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

No question that it's an "after the main quest is done" kind of change.

 

BTW, does anyone (other than Emily) have a clue as to what ""a bit of lubrication running down your leg" might be?

zadEventDrip

DD script create "You feel a bit of lubrication run down your leg." message

think belt or arousal related

Posted
16 hours ago, TnkQV said:

zadEventDrip

DD script create "You feel a bit of lubrication run down your leg." message

think belt or arousal related

So it's a ZAZ-related event, not an "Emily"-related event. OK.

Posted
3 hours ago, tanaxanth said:

Is there a place to buy high heels that I'm not finding?

Don't know of any high heels included in this mod. You'll have to find clothing mods with high heels and obtain them according to how those mods say so.

 

4 hours ago, Chogouze said:

Does anyone have a link to  Holiday Gift Hairdos SE? Seems I can't get floor and rapunzel length hair without it...

The rapunzel hair is horrible. It is one huge static lump of hair that does not move

Posted

I tried to ask this question in the SE discussion but never received an answer. I'm asking again here because it's a general question not specific to SE.

What's supposed to happen when one selects the "agree to be kissed" dialog option?

What happens with my SE game can't be what's supposed to happen (nothing, with controls going mostly dead).

 

Is the kiss all via dialog? Or is an animation supposed to play (maybe I'm not waiting long enough)? Knowing the answer might help lead to a solution. Thanks!

Posted
11 minutes ago, ArgyleSmith said:

I tried to ask this question in the SE discussion but never received an answer. I'm asking again here because it's a general question not specific to SE.

What's supposed to happen when one selects the "agree to be kissed" dialog option?

What happens with my SE game can't be what's supposed to happen (nothing, with controls going mostly dead).

 

Is the kiss all via dialog? Or is an animation supposed to play (maybe I'm not waiting long enough)? Knowing the answer might help lead to a solution. Thanks!

It should do a kissing animation. I think the animation is from an animation pack from another mod, so could be you don't have an appropriate animation installed.

Posted
22 hours ago, tanaxanth said:

Is there a place to buy high heels that I'm not finding?

You have to install a separate mod, You can check out mine if you want heels that match the default skyrim armors.

Posted
20 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

It should do a kissing animation. I think the animation is from an animation pack from another mod, so could be you don't have an appropriate animation installed.

Hmm. Well, I have Sexlab P+ and a wide selection of non-creature SLALs, including Leito Human (which has kissing animations). What could I be missing?

Posted

I'm getting an issue where in a new save, the custom color used for eyeshadow doesn't apply the right color. I set the custom color to the same value for lips and eyeshadow but the lips come out pink (right color) and the eyes come out orange (not the intended hex value)

Posted
4 hours ago, Pkingsley said:

I'm getting an issue where in a new save, the custom color used for eyeshadow doesn't apply the right color. I set the custom color to the same value for lips and eyeshadow but the lips come out pink (right color) and the eyes come out orange (not the intended hex value)

I think there is a bug with the eye shadow on the latest version - some of the standard colours also come out Orange as well.

Posted

@emily1673 a technical observation: in Dibella Quest changing (adding) piercings is still blocked after everything else has been unlocked. I don't believe there's much need for such obstruction in the final stage of the quest.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...