KentuckyExpat Posted August 27, 2023 Posted August 27, 2023 10 hours ago, emily1673 said: Footwear: Is this LE or SE? Does it happen with the other boots as well? For the time being, you can just use any other type of high heels. Comments: As stated above, comments are a very early feature and I know that they need to be revamped. If you find them annoying, just turn them off in MCM. Sorry. I'm playing in SE. It seems to be only the medical boots. She has a pair of high heeled armor boots which display correctly. Actually, I do find the comments annoying at times but my concern was more that the spoken dialogue was very "wooden", little to no inflection. This wasn't a concern with earlier versions. There the dialogue flowed as expected, initially questioning then more admiring of the effects of the nails/hair/makeup.
KentuckyExpat Posted August 27, 2023 Posted August 27, 2023 I have a question concerning dialogue. Well sort of. In the final stage of the sex change, both before and after Lady G has the operation and is still in the Temple of Kynareth, there is a fair amount of dialogue between Lady G and both Acolyte Jannsen and Danica. The problem is that every few game minutes the two other patients cry out, "I'm burning" and "Oh, the pain" which often knocks out the dialogue from either the Acolyte or the Priestess or draws them away to administer to the patients. I realize that the two patients are there from the vanilla game but is there some way to reduce the frequency of their outcries? I mean, here is Lady G in the midst of making a life changing decision and the doctor keeps turning away to administer to someone else.
Vuzzar Posted August 28, 2023 Posted August 28, 2023 Stockings don't work anymore since v6.5.4 for me for some reason. Putting them on or off doesn't apply or remove the texture. 1
coffeblack Posted August 28, 2023 Posted August 28, 2023 it's seems like the stcok didn't work in the new version
ebbluminous Posted August 28, 2023 Posted August 28, 2023 On SE: I still use the stockings and pantyhose pack - That works ok I think the eyeshadows have gotten mixed up - Emerald Green is Orange when applied. Not gone through them all to see if any others are incorrect.
SquatsAreLife Posted August 28, 2023 Posted August 28, 2023 Voice Packs for SE are up (Regular and DBVO):
steelmagpie Posted August 29, 2023 Posted August 29, 2023 (edited) Fixed. (left so as to help others) Using v 6.5.4.1. I started on v 6.5.4 and updated to new version and switched on flirt and girl talk (which were off on early part of save with 6.5.4) and although ticked they don't show during the dibella quest when I need them.. Any ideas for a fix?,, I will try a quick reinstall just to be on the safe side but it has me stumped and blocked in the quest. Thanks in advance Edit "a few moments later"... Reinstall fixed it.... still scratching my head as to how but not complaining. Hope this helps anyone else in same boat.. Off to enjoy some more fun haha.. Edited August 29, 2023 by steelmagpie
kapibar Posted August 29, 2023 Posted August 29, 2023 @emily1673 it occured to me that there's one thing that would increase immersion - the choice between straight and curly hair. When the player chooses curly hair, all the default natural hairstyles should be chosen from the perm set. Straight - all the others. Btw.: the stockings are still not working for me ?. 1
Balgin Posted August 29, 2023 Posted August 29, 2023 4 hours ago, kapibar said: @emily1673 it occured to me that there's one thing that would increase immersion - the choice between straight and curly hair. When the player chooses curly hair, all the default natural hairstyles should be chosen from the perm set. Straight - all the others. Btw.: the stockings are still not working for me ?. As someone with very curly hair I thoroughly endorse this suggestion. 1
KentuckyExpat Posted August 30, 2023 Posted August 30, 2023 Is anyone else having an issue with NPCs clustering around your character. For example, I was playing earlier with a female character (no Dibella quest, just wanted the immersive fashion option). So I'm in Riften talking with Brand-Shei and Bolli comes strolling up, gets, literally, in my PC's face and gives his opening line about coming to Riften for the fishing. While he is talking, Brynjolf also comes wandering up with his dialogue about how none of my money was earned honestly. So there are three conversations all trying to take place at once. In the past, Bolli or Brynjolf might approach your PC when you are in the market wandering around, but usually not when you are already talking with another NPC. This is also happening in Whiterun when my PC is in the market. My PC is talking to Carlotta and someone will walk up to us, then walk between us as we are talking, then stand between us. On more than one occasion, my PC will be standing out in public and suddenly she is being pushed along from behind by some random NPC who has walked into her and keeps right on walking after contact. I thought the game had some kind of avoidance mechanism for NPCs that prevented that.
ebbluminous Posted August 30, 2023 Posted August 30, 2023 4 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said: Is anyone else having an issue with NPCs clustering around your character. For example, I was playing earlier with a female character (no Dibella quest, just wanted the immersive fashion option). So I'm in Riften talking with Brand-Shei and Bolli comes strolling up, gets, literally, in my PC's face and gives his opening line about coming to Riften for the fishing. While he is talking, Brynjolf also comes wandering up with his dialogue about how none of my money was earned honestly. So there are three conversations all trying to take place at once. In the past, Bolli or Brynjolf might approach your PC when you are in the market wandering around, but usually not when you are already talking with another NPC. This is also happening in Whiterun when my PC is in the market. My PC is talking to Carlotta and someone will walk up to us, then walk between us as we are talking, then stand between us. On more than one occasion, my PC will be standing out in public and suddenly she is being pushed along from behind by some random NPC who has walked into her and keeps right on walking after contact. I thought the game had some kind of avoidance mechanism for NPCs that prevented that. What makes you think it is this mod causing it?
KentuckyExpat Posted August 30, 2023 Posted August 30, 2023 5 hours ago, ebbluminous said: What makes you think it is this mod causing it? I play a couple of profiles simultaneously using the same modlist where the only variant is this mod. The issue only arises when I have yps - Immersive Fashion in the modlist.
botticelli Posted August 30, 2023 Posted August 30, 2023 The file ypsFashion\Underwear.json seems to be missing from the package: [ypsPiercingTicker.psc Function AddNylonsTattoo] Int Index = JsonUtil.FormListFind("/ypsFashion/Underwear.json", "forms", Stockings) not in here:
ebbluminous Posted August 30, 2023 Posted August 30, 2023 1 hour ago, KentuckyExpat said: I play a couple of profiles simultaneously using the same modlist where the only variant is this mod. The issue only arises when I have yps - Immersive Fashion in the modlist. Not experienced that with YPS. Only thing I have foudn in the past to do something similar was Follow Me for Sex
TnkQV Posted August 30, 2023 Posted August 30, 2023 (edited) 2 hours ago, botticelli said: The file ypsFashion\Underwear.json seems to be missing from the package: [ypsPiercingTicker.psc Function AddNylonsTattoo] Int Index = JsonUtil.FormListFind("/ypsFashion/Underwear.json", "forms", Stockings) not in here: check yps-SoundTexturePackage download. Edited August 30, 2023 by TnkQV
botticelli Posted August 30, 2023 Posted August 30, 2023 29 minutes ago, TnkQV said: check yps-SoundTexturePackage download. thanks. 1
ArgyleSmith Posted August 31, 2023 Posted August 31, 2023 Related, I think, to the problems other SE users are having with stockings, I've got the problem of perma-stockings after updating to the latest version. Updating to the newest SE texture pack did not resolve the problem. Can't unequip the things by: unequipping to the point of dropping the item on the floor, removing the equipable stockings mod, adding/removing slavetats. Nothing can touch perma-stockings so far.
KentuckyExpat Posted September 1, 2023 Posted September 1, 2023 A few days ago, I noticed a reference to a mod called "Dragonborn Voice Over" aka DBVO. The author had created voice packs for the Dibella quest. This mod, with the appropriate voice pack, would give your PC his or her own voice. Seemed like a pretty cool idea so I looked at the mod's description. Decided that it wasn't for me right now but when the new computer got built I thought I might give it a try. Fast forward a couple of days - in thinking about the DBVO mod with reference to the Dibella quest, I asked myself, when would the PC's voice change from male to female... and what mechanism would do it? After all, the end result of this quest is the PC morphing into a woman. Will her voice be that of a man? When your PC has no voice, it's easy to imagine that when he dons the chastity garb his voice would change to mimic his appearance (or for some of us we never even gave it a thought), But with a voice, you have this ravishing female who sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Yes, I know the mod is still Alpha so addressing this now is premature, but if DBVO becomes an accepted part of the overall mod it will need to be addressed.
emily1673 Posted September 1, 2023 Author Posted September 1, 2023 On 8/28/2023 at 7:33 PM, ebbluminous said: I think the eyeshadows have gotten mixed up - Emerald Green is Orange when applied. Not gone through them all to see if any others are incorrect. Can confirm this bug, sorry for that. Only affecting "fresh" savegames. On 8/28/2023 at 8:22 PM, SquatsAreLife said: Voice Packs for SE are up (Regular and DBVO): Very nice, this is a great addition, and also solves a problem with dialogues running too fast. On 8/29/2023 at 9:35 AM, kapibar said: @emily1673 it occured to me that there's one thing that would increase immersion - the choice between straight and curly hair. When the player chooses curly hair, all the default natural hairstyles should be chosen from the perm set. Very nice idea! Should not be too hard to implement. 1
ebbluminous Posted September 1, 2023 Posted September 1, 2023 6 hours ago, emily1673 said: Can confirm this bug, sorry for that. Only affecting "fresh" savegames. Hi @emily1673 - Yep it is on new games.
SquatsAreLife Posted September 2, 2023 Posted September 2, 2023 On 9/1/2023 at 12:02 AM, KentuckyExpat said: few days ago, I noticed a reference to a mod called "Dragonborn Voice Over" aka DBVO. The author had created voice packs for the Dibella quest. This mod, with the appropriate voice pack, would give your PC his or her own voice. Seemed like a pretty cool idea so I looked at the mod's description. Decided that it wasn't for me right now but when the new computer got built I thought I might give it a try. Fast forward a couple of days - in thinking about the DBVO mod with reference to the Dibella quest, I asked myself, when would the PC's voice change from male to female... and what mechanism would do it? After all, the end result of this quest is the PC morphing into a woman. Will her voice be that of a man? When your PC has no voice, it's easy to imagine that when he dons the chastity garb his voice would change to mimic his appearance (or for some of us we never even gave it a thought), But with a voice, you have this ravishing female who sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger. This occurred to me as well, while I created the voice pack. The Dibella Quest is very realistic for a MtF transition. To stay with that theme there would need to be some voice training or a "voice feminization surgery". I'm not sure how many will ultimately play with the DBVO mod and voice pack and whether Emily wants to go through the trouble of implementing a solution. I have decided for myself to role play that part a bit and start using a female voice with putting on the bra and girdle. To pass as a woman the character has to try and sound like one anyway. I would not want to run around with bra and girdle and sound like Geralt the Witcher. That would not do. I could imagine that the character raises this concern at the beginning before equipping the bra and girdle "But I don't even sound like a woman" and Lena has a solution, like a potion, spray or a spell she casts. I play with the DBVO mod exclusively as I like the immersion it gives me, even though it is far from perfect. In a couple of weeks I'll make a male DBVO voice pack, when I have free characters to synthesize with Elevenlabs again. Switching voice packs during game play is easily done in MCM.
KentuckyExpat Posted September 2, 2023 Posted September 2, 2023 2 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said: I play with the DBVO mod exclusively as I like the immersion it gives me, even though it is far from perfect. In a couple of weeks I'll make a male DBVO voice pack, when I have free characters to synthesize with Elevenlabs again. Switching voice packs during game play is easily done in MCM. I wonder if there is some way to "automate" the voice change, so to speak. Some action occurs and the system changes the voice pack. You would start with the male voice pack running and when the change takes place - whether a spell, a potion or whatever - our guy now sounds like a girl. Not sure how difficult that might be to implement... may need some serious programming skills. You would need to have already determined in the MCM which voice pack would used for the male and which for the female, assuming there is more than one of each.
anonymous515 Posted September 3, 2023 Posted September 3, 2023 (edited) 5 hours ago, SquatsAreLife said: This occurred to me as well, while I created the voice pack. The Dibella Quest is very realistic for a MtF transition. To stay with that theme there would need to be some voice training or a "voice feminization surgery". I'm not sure how many will ultimately play with the DBVO mod and voice pack and whether Emily wants to go through the trouble of implementing a solution. I have decided for myself to role play that part a bit and start using a female voice with putting on the bra and girdle. To pass as a woman the character has to try and sound like one anyway. I would not want to run around with bra and girdle and sound like Geralt the Witcher. That would not do. I could imagine that the character raises this concern at the beginning before equipping the bra and girdle "But I don't even sound like a woman" and Lena has a solution, like a potion, spray or a spell she casts. I play with the DBVO mod exclusively as I like the immersion it gives me, even though it is far from perfect. In a couple of weeks I'll make a male DBVO voice pack, when I have free characters to synthesize with Elevenlabs again. Switching voice packs during game play is easily done in MCM. YPS was started 7 years ago and the Dibella Quest isn't even completed yet. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just that feature creep comments like "add and actively maintain an entire voice pack" can be really tough for mod creators already under heavy workloads. To me, the support right now should be going towards finishing the mod so it's actually in the less than 10% of LoversLab mods on this forum that are actually marked "Done." Tacking on more weight to a horse that hasn't even reached its destination yet is just asking for that horse to collapse and for everything to be lost. Like what has happened to 90% of the mods on this forum. Once the Dibella Quest has reached its conclusion, time will be available to be put towards proper, bug-free implementation of new features, depending on what the mod author wants to do. I think everyone can agree finishing the main section of the mod is what comes first Edited September 3, 2023 by anonymous515
SquatsAreLife Posted September 3, 2023 Posted September 3, 2023 1 hour ago, anonymous515 said: YPS was started 7 years ago and the Dibella Quest isn't even completed yet. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just that feature creep comments like "add and actively maintain an entire voice pack" can be really tough for mod creators already under heavy workloads. To me, the support right now should be going towards finishing the mod so it's actually in the less than 10% of LoversLab mods on this forum that are actually marked "Done." Tacking on more weight to a horse that hasn't even reached its destination yet is just asking for that horse to collapse and for everything to be lost. Like what has happened to 90% of the mods on this forum. Once the Dibella Quest has reached its conclusion, time will be available to be put towards proper, bug-free implementation of new features, depending on what the mod author wants to do. I think everyone can agree finishing the main section of the mod is what comes first I totally agree! I think finishing the quest to a playable state for a complete play through is more important.
KentuckyExpat Posted September 4, 2023 Posted September 4, 2023 On 9/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, anonymous515 said: YPS was started 7 years ago and the Dibella Quest isn't even completed yet. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just that feature creep comments like "add and actively maintain an entire voice pack" can be really tough for mod creators already under heavy workloads. To me, the support right now should be going towards finishing the mod so it's actually in the less than 10% of LoversLab mods on this forum that are actually marked "Done." Tacking on more weight to a horse that hasn't even reached its destination yet is just asking for that horse to collapse and for everything to be lost. Like what has happened to 90% of the mods on this forum. Once the Dibella Quest has reached its conclusion, time will be available to be put towards proper, bug-free implementation of new features, depending on what the mod author wants to do. I think everyone can agree finishing the main section of the mod is what comes first No argument there. This was more of a "once the base mod is finished, this might be a really interesting add-on" sort of discussion, at least on my part. I have long thought, in the back of my mind, how much more immersive RPGs would be if the PC had his or her own voice. Not just this or that mod but the entire game. In any event, subject to Emily's approval, there is no reason why someone else might not create and maintain this add-on. It wouldn't be the first time something like this happened, more like the two hundredth time. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now