PP quest is running

PC wears a PP chastity belt that can't be removed

Pet Project comes with it's own PP flagged quest chastity belt

DEC can't recognize it as PP device and tries to identify it as DCL device

Result is that DEC throws out a warning in console and on screen

Spoiler

1181899719_DCLPP01.jpg.6c0e99b44ac6c22b616f9ce01ff9b511.jpg

436108314_DCLPP02.jpg.737825e820f4f8cdbe108cd0c60e655a.jpg

Any workaround or do you have to change something to make PP DEC compatible?

14 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Pet Project 1.5.2+ (PP) and DEC 13.20.0:

DCL is not installed

PP quest is running

PC wears a PP chastity belt that can't be removed

Pet Project comes with it's own PP flagged quest chastity belt

DEC can't recognize it as PP device and tries to identify it as DCL device

Result is that DEC throws out a warning in console and on screen

Hide contents

1181899719_DCLPP01.jpg.6c0e99b44ac6c22b616f9ce01ff9b511.jpg

436108314_DCLPP02.jpg.737825e820f4f8cdbe108cd0c60e655a.jpg

Any workaround or do you have to change something to make PP DEC compatible?

The error is actually that the compatibility list we get from DCUR, to test if an item supports being removed early, failed to load so we cannot determine if DCUR allows this.

The next line is the default behavior, if DCUR is not installed or the item is not from DCUR, we detect if it has a block generic keyword, which means the mod author that made the item did not want the item to be removable by other mods. DEC respects this wish except for DCUR, where Kimy supplied a list of items that we COULD remove without breaking DCUR quest.

Looks like DEC is working here, PP has an item that DEC shouldn't remove, and so DEC blocks enslavement approach because we cannot assume that the enslavement mods will be able to handle the blocked item either.

Sex approach, follower dialogue, should still happen normally. The only thing I think should be changed is making that error only show up if the items didn't load AND dcur is installed, otherwise it's a confusing error for users.

14 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

@Verstort not sure if you are aware. since kimy redid the leon quest to become XDFF after the inital quest, DEC is unable to send the player to be leon/leahs slave. not sure if you can get DEC to proc the XDFF part or not.

I wasn't aware. I'll see if I can fix it.

31 minutes ago, Verstort said:

Looks like DEC is working here, PP has an item that DEC shouldn't remove, and so DEC blocks enslavement approach because we cannot assume that the enslavement mods will be able to handle the blocked item either.

Sex approach, follower dialogue, should still happen normally. The only thing I think should be changed is making that error only show up if the items didn't load AND dcur is installed, otherwise it's a confusing error for users.

thx for the detailed explanation!

Although DEC works just fine, the warning on screen will pop up regularly.

Any chance to make it so that the warning only shows up on console?

PP is long therm chastity, so that would mean that DEC always shows the warning.

Is there something I never needed in the MCM debug section hat I could use?

27 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

thx for the detailed explanation!

Although DEC works just fine, the warning on screen will pop up regularly.

Any chance to make it so that the warning only shows up on console?

PP is long therm chastity, so that would mean that DEC always shows the warning.

Is there something I never needed in the MCM debug section hat I could use?

Was going to test first but it's probably too annoying now that I think about it.

Deviously Enslaved Continued(v13.20.4 Testing).7z

13 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

@Verstort

i tested both .3 and .4 on the first save i made, which has only AS;LAL on it. neither Elisif or Layla show up as possible masters. and it still does the random master asigned when directly choosing a master. before checking i wait for the mods to finish loading before checking.

It's been long enough since I made real changes to this mod that I'm making basic mistakes again it would seem.

Overwrite the esp with this version: Deviously Enslaved.esp

11 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Interesting new feature:

"unique items"

does that mean I can define non-DD items to be recognized by DEC as "vulnerable"?

That was added in 13.20 actually, but yes the idea was there are lots of bondage looking items, like DDa items, and items that appear to be bondage but the author of those items didn't integrate with DD, so the game just thinks they are armors.

It was a bit too weird wearing "armor" that covers the player in cuffs, straps, collars, or covers nothing at all, being perfectly safe.

1 hour ago, Verstort said:

It's been long enough since I made real changes to this mod that I'm making basic mistakes again it would seem.

Overwrite the esp with this version: Deviously Enslaved.esp

That was added in 13.20 actually, but yes the idea was there are lots of DD looking items, like DDa items, and items that apear to be bondage but the author of those items didn't integrate with DD, so the game just thinks they are armors.

It was a bit too weird wearing "armor" that covers the player in cuffs, straps, collars, or covers nothing at all, being perfectly safe.

the esp fixed the issues i mentioned earlier.

just a heads up, getting sent to Elisif as a master works, and i would assume that Laila works as well.  however it says that the master is either dead or no longer valid.

not sure if this is something that you can fix or if i should post this in SD+ topic so i will post it here and over there.

Not sure what message you mean.

"The actor you selected: <actor> is dead, and cannot be used" means the actor should be dead. Maybe you get that message if the civil war has gotten to a certain point and the jarl has been replaced with someone else?

You should get that error when trying to select a master, not when you are sent do one.

Might not be a DEC error message, where did you see it?

Event OnTriggerLeon(string eventName, string strArg, float numArg, Form sender)
    ; temporarily disabled
EndEvent

Event OnTriggerLeah(string eventName, string strArg, float numArg, Form sender)
    ; temporarily disabled
EndEvent

Huh... well that would certainly break DEC's ability to start Leon/Leah...

For Leon/Leah compatability moving forward, looks like I just have to manually start the dominant follower with their two characters.

It would be trivially easy to modify the code to handle this to start DF with any friendly NPC I think, need a list of NPCs that would qualify.

Hostile NPCs like bandits just attack the player, so that's out unless I figure out how SD+ calmed them.

Edit: Well I got leon working, but leah is missing...

11 hours ago, Verstort said:

Not sure what message you mean.

"The actor you selected: <actor> is dead, and cannot be used" means the actor should be dead. Maybe you get that message if the civil war has gotten to a certain point and the jarl has been replaced with someone else?

You should get that error when trying to select a master, not when you are sent do one.

Might not be a DEC error message, where did you see it?

i am getting this with a brand new character. and i havent started the civil war quest.  i do know that for a while SD was saying that vampire masters were invalid as well. so it may be from SD.

as for getting Leah working, i would hold off on getting her working until Kimy can fix the stuttering that female followers are currently causing. from what i have read it is caused by the arousal based scaling. even if it is switched off it still effects the female followers.

as for female followers, the house carls would work, with a condition that the player is thane of the city they are from. also there is the janeesa the companion followers. lissette who is the bard in the winking skeever.the elf archery trainer in riverwood. Serana would work as well, with the condition that the dawnguard questline is complete. frea the follower from the dragonborn dlc. erik the slayer, from rorikstead. custom followers could work as well, since DEC already has a way of marking them as followers under the dialog, though i am not sure how well they would work.

hope the list i made there will help. not sure how hard the conditions would be to work in though.

14 hours ago, Verstort said:

It would be trivially easy to modify the code to handle this to start DF with any friendly NPC I think, need a list of NPCs that would qualify.

or you could let the player flag the NPC as qualified, like you can flag NPC/followers with DF so they buy the PC off SS+.

To make it more random more then one can be flagged.

Just an Idea based on your other DEC options to register NPC/followers.

12 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

i am getting this with a brand new character. and i havent started the civil war quest.  i do know that for a while SD was saying that vampire masters were invalid as well. so it may be from SD.

as for getting Leah working, i would hold off on getting her working until Kimy can fix the stuttering that female followers are currently causing. from what i have read it is caused by the arousal based scaling. even if it is switched off it still effects the female followers.

as for female followers, the house carls would work, with a condition that the player is thane of the city they are from. also there is the janeesa the companion followers. lissette who is the bard in the winking skeever.the elf archery trainer in riverwood. Serana would work as well, with the condition that the dawnguard questline is complete. frea the follower from the dragonborn dlc. erik the slayer, from rorikstead. custom followers could work as well, since DEC already has a way of marking them as followers under the dialog, though i am not sure how well they would work.

hope the list i made there will help. not sure how hard the conditions would be to work in though.

Already got Leah working but you can set the slider to 0 when I release the fix, and turn it back on when Kimy fixes it.

Housecarls are a bit iffy, only because they don't really exist until you get them, I mean you can summon them and they are pre-wired to be your followers, but It would be weird if the player was summoned to them for the first time, and they talk to you like they are your slave and not the other way around, and you have no prior-experience with one. I would need a way to detect if the player has already met them at minimum.

I'll have to check to see what I need to do with the other followers to get the start working without issues.

4 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

or you could let the player flag the NPC as qualified, like you can flag NPC/followers with DF so they buy the PC off SS+.

To make it more random more then one can be flagged.

Just an Idea based on your other DEC options to register NPC/followers.

Wanted to avoid making the user go through that much effort, running all over skyrim looking for NPCs, at least for SD+ but for DCUR-DF, since it looks like it works best for followers, it might be an acceptable solution.

Q. DEC is mainly for a female PC correct? I have tried and tried to manipulate the settings who is master and who is does the approaching or overriding match maker enable disable.
but doing this play through the Male PC, is always forced into the female positions while females assume the male role every time.

3 hours ago, ragnam said:

Q. DEC is mainly for a female PC correct? I have tried and tried to manipulate the settings who is master and who is does the approaching or overriding match maker enable disable.
but doing this play through the Male PC, is always forced into the female positions while females assume the male role every time.

My memory is bad, but I thought I had it set so that F->M would always select "Cowgirl" animations because they were the only animations I had that seemed to fit the situation, and then set it so that the animation would work with the given genders.

It might be that DD is overwriting animation tags again (if the player is wearing certain bondage, and the animation chosen has a tag DD considers incompatible, DD used to thow out the animation choice and choose their own, with none of our tags being considered), one of the animation filter options in DEC's MCM should get around that, but I can check again tonight to see where the issue is.

31 minutes ago, Verstort said:

My memory is bad, but I thought I had it set so that F->M would always select "Cowgirl" animations because they were the only animations I had that seemed to fit the situation, and then set it so that the animation would work with the given genders.

It might be that DD is overwriting animation tags again (if the player is wearing certain bondage, and the animation chosen has a tag DD considers incompatible, DD used to thow out the animation choice and choose their own, with none of our tags being considered), one of the animation filter options in DEC's MCM should get around that, but I can check again tonight to see where the issue is.

DD tags interesting.... I will make a note of that.

New game, both the male PC and having 10+ female followers , all clean no bondage on or even in player inventory. they run up and want to play with devices they found, or the lines I am horny lets fk...
always results in the females taking the lead with strap-ons. the male is placed in the cow girl state or missionary or many other ones as well.

I might test it a little more if I get a chance tonight also.

12 hours ago, ragnam said:

DD tags interesting.... I will make a note of that.

New game, both the male PC and having 10+ female followers , all clean no bondage on or even in player inventory. they run up and want to play with devices they found, or the lines I am horny lets fk...
always results in the females taking the lead with strap-ons. the male is placed in the cow girl state or missionary or many other ones as well.

I might test it a little more if I get a chance tonight also.

The tags are from Sexlab, tags per animation. Animations were meant to be tagged so that they could be searched/categorized (gay, rape, anal, feet, etc), but since tags are strings anyone can tag their animation with anything, doesn't have to align with anything unless you want compatibility with some mods like DD/ZAZ

I might have specified F->M cowgirl only for agressive sex... but I didn't think I specified sex positions for follower sex. I need to check.

Edit: Well I see the same thing, but not sure whats causing it yet.

Edit2: I think I fixed it, and another bug that's been there for ages, fix in next release

On 6/14/2019 at 1:55 AM, Verstort said:

The tags are from Sexlab, tags per animation. Animations were meant to be tagged so that they could be searched/categorized (gay, rape, anal, feet, etc), but since tags are strings anyone can tag their animation with anything, doesn't have to align with anything unless you want compatibility with some mods like DD/ZAZ

I might have specified F->M cowgirl only for agressive sex... but I didn't think I specified sex positions for follower sex. I need to check.

Edit: Well I see the same thing, but not sure whats causing it yet.

Edit2: I think I fixed it, and another bug that's been there for ages, fix in next release

that was the ticket, it works now, great fix!